Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 16:41   #3211
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

My dear fellow Jazz owners who have installed LED Headlights with external drivers (like the OSRAM ones), could you please share pics of the installation. Thank You.
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:28   #3212
BHPian

I have my jazz cvt in for service at ~48000kms. The service executive suggests that my break pads are good for another 1500-2000 kms, and will need changing after that. The cost will be 4500. The cost for break pad replacement is about 1500 with local mechanic. Is there a difference or is Honda changing a premium?
Old 7th April 2023, 10:18   #3213
Senior - BHPian

2019 VX CVT. About to complete 4 years extended warranty this month. Is it worth extending warranty? My running is like 4-5k per year(17.5k kms currently in ~4 years) and hence servicing once in 6 months hurts a lot (5-6k min bill everytime). If I don’t renew extended warranty, will service only once a year. If it was manual, wouldn’t have bothered but CVT fixing bill is pretty high. So in two minds here.

Long term honda CVT owners, do you see any issues with the gearbox once the car crosses 40-50k kms? If you could share your experience, would be helpful?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th April 2023 at 10:21.
Old 7th April 2023, 11:24   #3214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I have my jazz cvt in for service at ~48000kms. The service executive suggests that my break pads are good for another 1500-2000 kms, and will need changing after that. The cost will be 4500. The cost for break pad replacement is about 1500 with local mechanic. Is there a difference or is Honda changing a premium?
Hats off to the SA, for predicting brake pad life with the precision of 1500-2000 kms . I'm sure he is simply banking on the hope that you won't really come back for just that, in a matter of 2 months or so. Instead, on your next visit later - there can be more items pushed into the bill. All business gimmicks. (OR - he/they simply don't want to do this work this time around and are pushing for next visit.)

Definitely get it done at local FNG (if known to be reliable). The premium isn't justified if the FNG is installing correct spec pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
2019 VX CVT. About to complete 4 years extended warranty this month. Is it worth extending warranty? My running is like 4-5k per year(17.5k kms currently in ~4 years) and hence servicing once in 6 months hurts a lot (5-6k min bill everytime).
Long term honda CVT owners, do you see any issues with the gearbox once the car crosses 40-50k kms? If you could share your experience, would be helpful?
Given a 4-5K KMs per year run - the EW will lapse even if you buy it, before you actually hit 40-50K Kms. EW makes sense only to those who have extremely high running per year. Personally so far I have opted for EW and rarely has it been actually used (in fact never). Going forward - I have more or less made up my mind that I won't be spending that high amount on extended warranties - especially if buying an established product (which the Jazz also is). The binding on pathetic service experience, higher service costs, poor service scedules AND restriction on modifications that I can do in the car (electricals) are not worth what the modern extended warranties bring. And CVTs are more or less reliable. One in a few thousands will definitely fail - its a machine afterall. But there are no known concerns with Honda CVTs. They are known to be reliable.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 00:29   #3215
BHPian

I bought a 25000km run pre-owned 2017 VX Petrol MT Jazz 8 months back. I gave the car for service immediately after buying. My car has run only 3300kms after I bought. I didn't give the car for service at 6 months interval but planning to give at 1 year despite desperate calls from Honda dealerships. No problems so far, touch wood. Anyone else following 1 year service interval for pre- facelift Jazz? What are your experiences and advice?
Old 8th April 2023, 20:03   #3216
Senior - BHPian

As a thumb rule; If mineral oil is used for the engine, it is recommended to get it changed every 5000 kms / 6 months. But if synthetic oil is used, oil change can be done once in 10000 kms / 1 year. But even with synthetic oil, it is better to get the vehicle inspected every 5000 kms / 6 months.

In any case it is always better to get the services done as per the company’s guidelines.

Believe me, Honda services are a lot cheaper than even Maruthi. Why take chances?
Chethan B G is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 13:12   #3217

Quote:
2019 VX CVT.
If two services a year is your only gripe, you should check with Honda or your dealership. I own a 2019 VX CVT and the service interval got changed from 6 months to 1 year. First noticed it in the Honda Connect app and then confirmed with the dealership.They did not call me for my 42 months service. When i got in touch with them, I was told, that my next service is due only for the 48 month/4th year completion. No more six month ritual,
Since the change is done from their end and is logged in their systems, there should be no problem when it comes to honoring the warranty.

On another note. Spotted not 2 or 3 but 5 Honda Jazz (4 new gen and 1 old) outside an eatery in Chennai. This is a rarity given that I have not seen these many even at Honda service centers/showrooms.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-photos.png

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:53. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
Parts007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 19:40   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post
If two services a year is your only gripe, you should check with Honda or your dealership. I own a 2019 VX CVT and the service interval got changed from 6 months to 1 year. First noticed it in the Honda Connect app and then confirmed with the dealership.They did not call me for my 42 months service. When i got in touch with them, I was told, that my next service is due only for the 48 month/4th year completion. No more six month ritual.
What’s the month of manufacturing of your model? Is it BS6? Mine is BS4. BS6 onwards i.e. April 2019 manufacturing year onwards it is 1 service a year. But for BS4 models i.e. one’s manufactured till March 2019 are BS4 and have 6 month service interval.

In connect app for my model it shows 6 months itself. And I have even checked with ASC folks, they say we have to stick to whatever is mentioned in manual in order to keep warranty intact.

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th April 2023 at 19:42.
Old 10th April 2023, 11:24   #3219

Quote:
What’s the month of manufacturing of your model? Is it BS6? Mine is BS4. BS6 onwards i.e. April 2019 manufacturing year onwards it is 1 service a year. But for BS4 models i.e. one’s manufactured till March 2019 are BS4 and have 6 month service interval.
In 2019, it was all BS4. Mine is a July'19 BS4 vehicle. BS6 Jazz came only by June 2020 along with a facelift after a brief disappearance from the market. Not sure if my service schedule change is a one off thing and they get it reversed after seeing these posts.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:54. Reason: Spacing.
Old 10th April 2023, 13:22   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post
In 2019, it was all BS4. Mine is a July'19 BS4 vehicle. BS6 Jazz came only by June 2020 along with a facelift after a brief disappearance from the market. Not sure if my service schedule change is a one off thing and they get it reversed after seeing these posts.
Yeah my bad, BS6 was from 2020 April. But yours' definitely looks one off case. I rechecked with my ASC again and they mentioned the same thing. BS4 ones have 6 months schedule, BS6 has once a year schedule.

You probably will get to know when some warranty claim situation comes
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 19:20   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
You probably will get to know when some warranty claim situation comes
CYA. Keep screenshots and call logs from honda connect. Great to have written confirmation regarding your next scheduled service and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
... ASS cost will be 4500. The cost for break pad replacement is about 1500 with local mechanic. Is there a difference or is Honda changing a premium?
The difference is also present in cost of OEM Parts and aftermarket ones.

example :
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-set_...cl_1-38632134/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-fron..._set-58064762/

Brake Shoes

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3722-brak...onda_jazz-1_2/

Last edited by rroy92 : 11th April 2023 at 19:32. Reason: added example
Old 11th April 2023, 19:37   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
The difference is also present in cost of OEM Parts and aftermarket ones.
What is the difference between them apart from the cost? Is the 2-3 fold price difference justified?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:55. Reason: Quote trimmed, please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
Old 18th April 2023, 10:15   #3223
Team-BHP Support

Guys, the Digipad 2.0 (or that new infotainment unit on the newer models) has got a firmware update which resolves the screen freeze issue when Google Maps is used with the CarPlay. Saw an update from a fellow owner who has got the update installed from the service center (no charges levied) and confirms that this resolves the issue.

PS: Not sure of the bugs that come with this update though!
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 08:30   #3224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, the Digipad 2.0 (or that new infotainment unit on the newer models) has got a firmware update which resolves the screen freeze issue when Google Maps is used with the CarPlay. Saw an update from a fellow owner who has got the update installed from the service center (no charges levied) and confirms that this resolves the issue.

PS: Not sure of the bugs that come with this update though!
Oh, I just was always thinking that it might be an issue with my phone when ever the maps screen frooze.
Old 24th April 2023, 23:24   #3225

My 2018 V cvt is painted in Milano Red and Black recently. I thought of sharing it here. Thanks.!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz.jpg  

renzart is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks