Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 12:53   #3181

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Manabendra S View Post
Congratulations on your car purchase.
But do rethink the non replacement of the ABS parts. You don't know when it can be a life saver. You may be a feather footed driver, but remember that the highway and roads are not filled with similar people like you. If you have to do emergency braking , your car might skid due to non functional ABS. Don't take risks. And after all the used car dealer has agreed to pay for repairs right ?
I agree. Recently I had to perform an emergency braking when a dog decided to jump in front of my car. No amount of feather footing will help me there . I am planning to take it to a third party to see if I can get a discount.
The dealer did agree to pay at first, but when they heard about the 30k bill, they backed out saying they can refund for fixes only up to 5k.
Old 27th November 2022, 15:46   #3182
BHPian

The dealers are pretty much out of the Jazz by now. I found one dealer who has a VX CVT in stock.

As per that dealer, manufacturing of the Jazz will end by Dec 2022. Is this true?
I was hoping for extra inventory to snag a big end of life discount on the Jazz but hardly any discounts are being offered.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 19:22   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
The dealers are pretty much out of the Jazz by now. I found one dealer who has a VX CVT in stock.

As per that dealer, manufacturing of the Jazz will end by Dec 2022. Is this true?
I was hoping for extra inventory to snag a big end of life discount on the Jazz but hardly any discounts are being offered.
Hey , just a thought, wouldn't buying jazz in a used market be more prudent with production coming to an end. Its a great city car and wont let you down for sure but plonking money on a new car when it has been discontinued needs some solid reasons
Do dealers still have prev model City inventory with them?
Old 27th November 2022, 20:01   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
Hey , just a thought, wouldn't buying jazz in a used market be more prudent with production coming to an end.
Do dealers still have prev model City inventory with them?
You are spot on. I’ve been scanning the AutoTerrace n ToyotaUTrust pages for a while for 19/20/21 Jazz but no luck. Also lately the prices of used cars are so inflated that it makes more sense to buy new with cheaper ROI and sell later.

I am very wary of the broker sold used cars.
VPJ74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 12:17   #3185

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
You are spot on. I’ve been scanning the AutoTerrace n ToyotaUTrust pages for a while for 19/20/21 Jazz but no luck. Also lately the prices of used cars are so inflated that it makes more sense to buy new with cheaper ROI and sell later.

I am very wary of the broker sold used cars.
How much would you imagine a 19' Jazz would cost in the current used car market?
Old 14th December 2022, 00:04   #3186
BHPian

How can we update the built in maps in Jazz VX CVT 2018?
Old 14th December 2022, 09:59   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjooos View Post
How much would you imagine a 19' Jazz would cost in the current used car market?
In Oct’22, I was offered 6.65 L for 32k run 2018 V CVT by Spinny, which I later sold to dealer as new car exchange for same consideration. Considering an hair cut of 50k nearabouts, one can get 2018 Jazz in range of 7L - 7.5L for different variants and add 50k for a 2019 model. These are Banglore market assumptions. Adjust as per your home market and availability accordingly.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 20:59   #3188
BHPian

Honda Jazz VX: Struggling for Fog Lamps

Hello Jazz owners,

I am struggling to get proper fog lamps in my new Honda Jazz VX CVT (an otherwise superb car!). The VX variant houses DRLs in fog lamp sockets (whereas ZX variant houses actual fog lamps in the very same sockets). Honda guys are telling me that any such modifications would void the warranty! I am unable to digest this argument after having spent lakhs on this car and being ready to fully spend for this upgrade.

My ask is very simple - I need fog lamps that I can separately turn on/off, for our own safety and comfort of night vision. I am open to any option that does not void the warranty (the car is new and I have taken 5 year warranty, planning to extend by 5 more years too).

Options:
  1. Give me the same foglamp assembly as Honda Jazz ZX model. I am ok to consider discarding existing DRLs.
  2. Give me a separate provision for fog lamps, for example as Aux lights.
  3. Any other option I might have missed, that helps me with additional lighting.

Honda is telling me that there is simply no option and as per them, there is no solution to this! As per Honda, if I go with any of these options, the warranty shall lapse! I fail to understand why, when it would be a separate circuit, separate bulb relay not exceeding 35W, proper male femlae sockets, no cutting/splicing of wires, no tapes and yet it would void the warranty? What for?

Honda is saying, since the existing Jazz VX circuit automatically turns on DRLs while starting the car, and turns them off when we put parking lights or headlights, nothing can be done.

I do understand that the circuit cannot be tampered with, and am open to discarding that DRL assembly, to be replaced by genuine Honda foglamp assembly (and circuit) that already exists in the ZX variant. If that does not work, I am also open to not tampering anything, but just go with additional fog lamps mounted as aux lamps. The "warranty would lapse" dialogue is annoying and disheartening, as I am not trying to do any illegal modifications, but genuinely need a separate set of lights to aid during night driving, while remaining a law abiding citizen . Can other Jazz (or Honda) owners comment on whether you encountered such situation with Honda cars, and if yes, were you able to resolve it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jaysheth : 19th December 2022 at 21:02.
Old 19th December 2022, 22:08   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
How can we update the built in maps in Jazz VX CVT 2018?

I have Jazz VX MT 2016. I wrote to mapmyindia.com customer service and they asked for details that I emailed them. I had to purchase the Rs 500 map update, and then they sent me a zip file containing the update files and instructions to update them on the MicroSD card in my AVN system. I updated twice, once in 2018 and once more this year. In 2018, they posted a CD with updates. Now, they sent attachment in email.

I don't know if Jazz 2018 uses similar AVN system. If so, you can try that approach
sanchari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 13:07   #3190

Hello Team BHPians,

Any garage suggestions in Chennai or nearby Tirunelveli who's good with dealing rattling noises in dash board and roof liners? My Jazz i-Dtec (2016) is currently around 1.40 L Km on the ODO and I'm facing some mild rattles randomly in the dash and roof-liner. If I push the roof-liner with my hand, the noise vanishes away. I know if i'm able to push some foam inside, It'll get sorted. But, I'm looking for a good professional who can handle interior rattles and roof-liner rattle noises.

I dont think my local Honda Authorised Service Center can resolve this issue.

BTW, I live in Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu. I often visit Chennai too. So, any garage nearby or in both locations are welcome.
Old 21st December 2022, 16:38   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syednizamudeen View Post
I'm facing some mild rattles randomly in the dash and roof-liner. If I push the roof-liner with my hand, the noise vanishes away. I know if i'm able to push some foam inside, It'll get sorted. But, I'm looking for a good professional who can handle interior rattles and roof-liner rattle noises.
Check these guys "Aravind Accessories" for the Roof Liner. They are on the Tambaram - Velachery Main Road

https://goo.gl/maps/BFQjgUeumaqad1AU9
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 13:40   #3192
Senior - BHPian

Just back from my 42 month service. Car has done 16000kms only and as expected from a honda, no issues(touchwood). It pains to service it twice a year but it’s needed to keep warranty intact. On top of that what gets my goat is the way ASC folks keep pushing useless addons to inflate the bills. I have been putting my foot down and asking them to strictly stick to the manual recommendations only and that leads to a lot of unnecessary arguments. Every time the floor manager has to be summoned who reluctantly agrees to follow the manual. Do others face this as well?

Now my 4 year warranty is about to end in April 2023. Wondering should I go for extended warranty? Mine is a CVT 2019 model. Had it been manual, won’t have thought twice but I hear the cvt box is very expensive to repair and hence in 2 minds. My running is approximately 4-5k a year. And should I buy it before it expires or can we go for it later as well?
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 09:16   #3193
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a good and reliable painting garage around the Madinaguda area in Hyderabad. My front bumper is a damaged and need to get it done. Scruffed very badly.

Thanks!
Old 31st December 2022, 11:32   #3194
BHPian

[quote=Worldchamp 2019;5466571]Hi everyone,
Does anyone know a good and reliable painting garage around the Madinaguda area in Hyderabad. My front bumper is a damaged and need to get it done. Scruffed very badly.

Thanks!

Contacted car affair in Madhapur and they quoted 6k for full repair and painting. They will paint the whole bumper and use DuPont grade A paint.
MSS painters in Kondapur quoted 2500 for the same job using the same paint.

Really need some advice here because the price difference is too much. I have attached some photos.

Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-288f729639814f1f8a215756bba13e56.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-a7288b9ca320418e9f6215f3cf9fa1da.jpeg  

Old 31st December 2022, 14:54   #3195
BHPian

I bought a pre-owned December 2018 manufactured Jazz VX CVT.
Mine stands at 21K on the odometer now.

Any known issues in this particular batch of cars? Any recalls or known issues that I should look out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
2. The car is out of warranty. Honda quotes Rs.9500 for 5th year extended warranty. The terms of the warranty is that I should get the car serviced every 6 months as per schedule. My annual use is going to be around 5000kms only.
If not for the extended warranty clause, is it recommended to get service every 12 months instead of 6 months? Is extended warranty recommended for me?
(No extended warranty, 1 service a year- Rs.7000.
Extended warranty+ 2 services a year= Rs.9500+7000+7000).

3. The previous owner didn't provide GPS card for navigation in infotainment system. ???
Hi Arwin07, What do you mean by GPS Card for navigation.
I also have the same question about warranty as you.

Does the CVT change the answer to Yes for extended warranty.

Most Viewed