Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 12:17   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello dear BHPians, my friend is on the verge of booking a Jazz V CVT petrol, however the biggest negative is the lack of the Magic Seats.

Jazz V CVT ticks nearly all the boxes, however Honda's have robbed that great Magic seat feature for the CVT which gives great flexibility and near flat loading base when seats are folded. This feature has become the deal breaker since he would want the flexibility for occassional airport runs etc.
  1. Any idea if this can be ordered from the company while booking by paying that extra price?
  2. Has anyone done that before or aware of someone who has been able to get it done?
  3. If the answer is YES for the above what would be the tentative extra price to pay for the Magic Seat fix?

A quick reply is greatly appreciated which would help him book the Jazz.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:46   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hello dear BHPians, my friend is on the verge of booking a Jazz V CVT petrol, however the biggest negative is the lack of the Magic Seats.

Jazz V CVT ticks nearly all the boxes, however Honda's have robbed that great Magic seat feature for the CVT which gives great flexibility and near flat loading base when seats are folded. This feature has become the deal breaker since he would want the flexibility for occassional airport runs etc.
  1. Any idea if this can be ordered from the company while booking by paying that extra price?
  2. Has anyone done that before or aware of someone who has been able to get it done?
  3. If the answer is YES for the above what would be the tentative extra price to pay for the Magic Seat fix?

A quick reply is greatly appreciated which would help him book the Jazz.
Well, I was on the same boat some 1.5 years back. I did not want the CVT, but I wanted the V variant + magic seat for some reasons. The magic seats offered a little more height and had slightly better thigh support. The seat cushion and quality of fabric also felt better in the magic seats. But the dangling cables in glove box, not so great touch-screen HU + reverse camera of V having 3 views made me look away from VX.

I had reached out to multiple dealers in KA and TN to see if I can get a V and procure the magic seats from factory at extra price. But everywhere, I was told that procuring the parts might be possible, but V has different seat mounts and magic seats cannot be fit into it. I do not know if that is a fact or a standard excuse Honda has taught the sales guys.

Try from your end as well if you can do something about it. Would be a great option if you can get it done
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:24   #2058
BHPian

I do not think you can easily retro fit magic seats later. That would not be financially justifiable even if possible. I have a jazz with magic seats and they are wonderful. But if the need is really the airport run. Jazz boot is anyways well shaped and accommodating. V should be fine unless you want better seat base.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 15:05   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
But everywhere, I was told that procuring the parts might be possible, but V has different seat mounts and magic seats cannot be fit into it.
Thanks for the insight on this, however on the mounts had the impression that since it is the same car, it should have exactly similar mounts placement and only different seats bolted onto it. If this is the case then it is indeed difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I do not think you can easily retro fit magic seats later.
Here we were looking to ask the company to refit the magic seats at the production point itself and not get it retro fitted at dealer's end or outside. Something similar to the ABS which could be optionally ordered for the earlier Swift VXi/VDi even thought they were not standard.

This is something Honda should seriously consider providing as an option or better still bring out the VX CVT top end variant for anyone willing to buy it.
Old 7th March 2017, 15:31   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the insight on this, however on the mounts had the impression that since it is the same car, it should have exactly similar mounts placement and only different seats bolted onto it. If this is the case then it is indeed difficult.
As I said earlier, I am not sure if it is a fact or if it is a simple excuse they were taught to tell. I did not bother to research more - simply because, if Honda is not interested to satisfy a serious customer, so be it.

Quote:
Here we were looking to ask the company to refit the magic seats at the production point itself and not get it retro fitted at dealer's end or outside. Something similar to the ABS which could be optionally ordered for the earlier Swift VXi/VDi even thought they were not standard.

This is something Honda should seriously consider providing as an option or better still bring out the VX CVT top end variant for anyone willing to buy it.
Oh well, I was equally serious about the V + magic seats

I did push for this option also and I was told it is impossible. I again pushed for them to confirm with Honda to explore a possibility and I was willing to pay for it. However, I was told that Honda will not accept any variation from the published variants and there will be 0 customization from factory. Only option that I had was to procure the Magic Seats somehow and try to fit into the car. Now, I do not think Honda has a genuine parts store like Maruti has. That will make it even more tough to get the Magic Seats. Hence, I decided against it and moved on.

I will never discourage you from trying. I am simply stating my experience

Quote:
How I wish. Honda had so much opportunity with the Jazz. They screwed up a lot of things including variant positioning and pricing and features. The 1.5 iVTEC in top trip was one which would have made it a seriously hot hatch. This combined with CVT could have made it a much more practical car as well.

Last edited by Vigkey : 7th March 2017 at 15:34.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 12:18   #2061

Hello all,
This is my first post in this forum. Thanks to admin for approving my request to be member of this forum.
I am excited to share this news with all of you.
After two years of research, I finally purchased Honda Jazz V CVT.
We booked the car on 7th Fab in Bangalore. We got the car delivery on 1st March.
It is 2017 manufactured car. With two sittings of bargaining I closed the deal for 9.97 lakh rupees on road price.
I got parking sensors, floor mats and mud flaps as free accessories along with teflon coating.
The odometer reading was just 15 km at the time of delivery. Jazz CVT is too good. I am enjoying the experience of driving CVT.
In the user manual, it is mentioned to use petrol with 'research octane number' of 91 and above.
Can some one tell where we get that petrol? Also what is the 'research octane number' for the 'normal petrol' we get in all the petrol pumps?
I am attaching here some photos of the car.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-hondajazz2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-hondajazz3.jpg
sreey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 13:40   #2062
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreey View Post
In the user manual, it is mentioned to use petrol with 'research octane number' of 91 and above.
Can some one tell where we get that petrol? Also what is the 'research octane number' for the 'normal petrol' we get in all the petrol pumps ?
RON is simply an indication of how well the fuel burns in the engine, lower RON petrol will make the engine more prone to 'knocking'.

All indian petrol pumps usually have 91 RON petrol. You also get the so called 'premuim' petrol at certain outlets which is just 91 RON petrol with added additives, but I remember Honda does not recommend these as the additives lead to the throttle body clogging.

Last edited by OSH : 9th March 2017 at 13:45.
Old 10th March 2017, 16:22   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Guys who drive a diesel Jazz - what's the RPM at 100 and 120 kmph in 6th gear? Thanks in advance!
Old 11th March 2017, 00:35   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Guys who drive a diesel Jazz - what's the RPM at 100 and 120 kmph in 6th gear? Thanks in advance!
And just to get a real world perspective, how noisy/harsh is the engine really? Is is noisier than the 1.3 Marutis or the 1.5 on the Vento/Rapid?
Old 11th March 2017, 07:49   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
And just to get a real world perspective, how noisy/harsh is the engine really? Is is noisier than the 1.3 Marutis or the 1.5 on the Vento/Rapid?
Just to clarify on this widely debated NVH levels of these engine's, I would like to compare cars having these engines.

1.3 Multijet - It is noisier at idle, smooth when coasting (70 kmph & 5th gear), noisy when revving (Overtaking/Gathering Momentum).

1.4 CRDI - Very refined at idle, gets slightly coarser when revved, remains silent when cruising.

1.5 iDTEC - Less Noisy compared to 1.3 Multijet at Idle. Smooth when cruising at speeds less then 110 kmph. Once the revs pass the 3k/3.5k mark, you'll hear the engine.

1.5 TDI - Very loud at idle, very noisy when revved but very smooth once you hit speeds of 100 kmph.

So, all engines are Noisy, but it's just that the Auto Journalists have given the Trademark for that iDTEC engine as Noisy. And people blindly believe that. In reality, it's a way better engine.

If I had to pick an engine purely for performance, it would be the 1.5 TDI. If Efficiency, the 1.5 iDTEC.

That 1.3 Multijet & 1.4 CRDI don't appeal to me that much.

My above views & comparisons is purely based on the ownership experience I have had of cars having those engines.

Swift (2007) 1.3 DDiS - Sold in 2014
Verna (2011) 1.6 CRDI - Sold in 2016
Rapid (2013) 1.6 TDI
City (2016) 1.5 iDTEC
i20 (2015) 1.4 CRDI

I would have made comparison (NVH Levels) of these cars, but the City isn't available with me at the moment (Brother is using it in Bangalore). Once the car is available, I will make comparison using Bosch NVH App or by using a NVH Device.
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 12:59   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Just to clarify on this widely debated NVH levels of these engine's, I would like to compare cars having these engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
If I had to pick an engine purely for performance, it would be the 1.5 TDI. If Efficiency, the 1.5 iDTEC.
Excellent post. An eye opener for many. Few additions to the above-
  • The same 1.3 MJD in the Fiat/Tata has much lesser NVH when compared to Maruti's.
  • The Toyota 1.4 diesel is silent at low revs and noisy at higher rpms when revved. Negligible turbo lag. Same is the case with Renault 1.5 dci.
  • Ford 1.5 tdci - is not very noisy for the first 30-40K kms, beyond a certain age/mileage the car tends to wear out in terms of NVH.
  • The Tdi engines are really noisy on the outside, but once the engine is warmed up & we sit in and switch on the AC, as they say on team-bhp "the outside world stays outside".
I would say, the Tdi is not a slouch in terms of economy nor the iDtec is a slouch in performance. The most fun to drive machine on the highways being the 1.3 Multijet in 75bhp version purely because of the turbo boost.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 18:32   #2067
BHPian

I have a one year old Vxi, and the AVN system freezes when the navigation is on for around 30-40 minutes continously. Its difficult to depend on it for navigation when this happens. Has anyone else seen this happen? Planning to ask at next service, but wanted to know if anyone else is facing this issue.
Old 14th March 2017, 00:08   #2068
BHPian

Can owners of the Jazz CVT please comment on their experiences with the car on long distances/highway speeds?

1. What kind of speeds can the 1.2 engine cruise at comfortably
2. Any thoughts on how this compares to the Maruti 1.2ltr engine or the i20

I make at least a couple of highway trips a month and hence my interest here. When i test drove the Jazz CVT it was a fairly short test drive in city traffic and i did quite enjoy how it felt, just want to know how it feels at higher than city speeds.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th March 2017, 01:05   #2069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Can owners of the Jazz CVT please comment on their experiences with the car on long distances/highway speeds?

1. What kind of speeds can the 1.2 engine cruise at comfortably
2. Any thoughts on how this compares to the Maruti 1.2ltr engine or the i20

I make at least a couple of highway trips a month and hence my interest here. When i test drove the Jazz CVT it was a fairly short test drive in city traffic and i did quite enjoy how it felt, just want to know how it feels at higher than city speeds.

Thanks in advance!
Very slow. Overtaking is a pain. Too much noise. It vibrates post 120. 140 is a pain. You can cruise at 100 max. And forget about overtaking someone when you're at 100.
Don't know about Maruti. But the i20 1.2 is the same, less vibrations but damn slow.
Don't go for this engine gearbox combo if you drive on highways. I had to drive the jazz for 200kms since my Polo GT is in Bangalore and did not enjoy it at all.
Look at the Figo 1.5dct or Honda 1.5 CVT or Polo TSI if power/ highway run is a priority. For city runs the jazz is ok if you don't want to speed or you know have green light launches lol. It's way smoother than my DSG in traffic but the performance is downright pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Excellent post. An eye opener for many. Few additions to the above-
. The most fun to drive machine on the highways being the 1.3 Multijet in 75bhp version purely because of the turbo boost.
What nonsense. Thats the worst. The 1.5 TDI and Honda both have more hp and torque. Saying that a lesser power engine is more fun that too on the highway is a false and fanboy statement. Had you said more fun in city, I would have agreed because of less turbo lag. But a lower displacement, lower power engine better than a higher one? Damn you're just the customer Maruti wants ��

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 14th March 2017 at 01:11.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 09:51   #2070

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
All indian petrol pumps usually have 91 RON petrol.
Thanks OSH for the information. So I need not worry and can just fill the normal petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface
Congratulations ...
Thanks you fangface.

Now I am getting 12.2 kmpl within the city. CVT is super smooth. I could have changed the stock MRF tyres, but by the time I realized it, the odometer reading crossed 200km.

I am keep on getting notification on the car display every now and then saying that my android phone is connected and disconnected. This is distracting. Do I need to change any setting in my phone or on car display?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks