Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 15:59   #2011
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Go for the V version and add a rear spoiler to spice up the look!
It changes the curved rear of the Jazz to a more angular one!

In Ahmedabad, the price difference is 53k. And I don't think the stupid touchscreen and the magic seats are worth the extra bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Can some please suggest if I zeroed down to Jazz, which variant should I choose? V or VX?
IMHO the Magic Seats are definitely useful and worth the extra bucks. And I am not even talking about the 'flexibility' aspect. The rear head-rest in all the other versions is practically useless. Actually, useless would be an under-statement. I have seen people sitting in the rear seat and their necks are completely exposed/un-supported. You can very well imagine the consequences in case of a rear shunt. Hence, if you intend to carry passengers in your rear seat and if you travel on expressways/highways frequently the VX should definitely be considered. Besides, the 'flexibility' aspect is an added bonus in case you have/intend to get a pet. I have a pair of budgies and I carry their cage in the 'Tall Mode' whenever they travel with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Some jealous kids have scratched the bonnet of my jazz sv. The scratches are deep on my golden metallic brown color and everytime I see them I get depressed.
After lot of research I ordered Formula 1 Carnauba wax from Amazon to get rid of the scratch marks, but to my dismay this hasn't helped the cause. Though the car got a brilliant shine after the use of wax. Looks like I have to live with these scratches.
You can think about going for the 3M scratch guard once the paint issue is sorted. I too have suffered a similar fate in the past. Luckily the scratch was extremely superficial and it disappeared after polishing. The 3M scratch guard for the bonnet set me back by around INR 5,000.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 4th January 2017 at 16:01.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 05:51   #2012
BHPian

When should we expect the mid life cycle facelift for the jazz ? I have been planning to buy the jazz cvt for city runabout but the absence of keyless entry is quite shocking. After driving vehicles with keyless entry and engine start stop I feel it becomes a necessity more than luxury to have these features in the vehicle. I feel honda should take this up seriously as a lot of customers even according to the sales person at honda complain of this absence, which all the competitors in the segment have.
Old 10th January 2017, 13:28   #2013
BHPian

I was looking for the best spot in my Jazz to hookup my mobile for GPS navigation. I think the ideal spot is the dummy AC like vent near driver side door (just above the real AC vent).

I have made a DIY mobile holder using a paper holder clip and my s4 mini is now "ROCK STEADY" at that place. Even the charging cable is well hidden as I made it travel behind steering wheel. It magically appears from the CAN holder !!

I will post a pick soon.
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 14:46   #2014
BHPian

Jeremy has come down heavily on Honda, please read the review.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-review...16-honda-jazz/

Quote:
One of the extraordinary things is that it doesn’t produce its peak torque until it’s turning at 5,000rpm. So to get the best out of it, you have to rev the nuts off it at all times.

I used to love Honda’s engines. They were always so sweet and willing. They were like small but very well-trained Jack Russells. But the engine in that Jazz? The only dog to which it can be likened is one that’s dead.

At this point I’d like to tell you about the handling, but I can’t because the car won’t go quickly enough for any deficiencies to be uncovered. And if we’re honest, the average Jazz driver doesn’t care two hoots about understeer or lift-off oversteer; they’re happy just so long as there’s somewhere to store their bingo pencils.
Quote:
I can’t believe I’m saying that. I can’t believe Honda has sunk this low. Six years ago it was making cars and television commercials that made you dizzy with desire. And now it’s making cars with engines that turn a lot of fuel into nothing at all.
Jeremy Clarkson as usual as been himself while reviewing the car, he just does not seem to be bothered with car manufacturers, a rightful critic in my sense.

Last edited by varunswnt : 16th January 2017 at 14:54.
varunswnt is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 20:55   #2015
BHPian

Do we really need to take this review into consideration? I hope not. There is nothing really mentioned about anything else apart from the lackluster engine. But the engine in question seems to be different than the one we have in India.
Old 16th January 2017, 21:27   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Do we really need to take this review into consideration? I hope not. There is nothing really mentioned about anything else apart from the lackluster engine. But the engine in question seems to be different than the one we have in India.
IMHO, this review should definitely be considered.

Jeremy's lines were my exact sentiments when I test drove the Indian Jazz. I mean even I couldn't have phrased it any better.

Jeremy is talking about 1.3L & the engine was slow. So, you can imagine the 1.2L in Indian Jazz would be like.

Honda is simply ruining it's brand name for nothing.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 16th January 2017 at 21:39.
Old 17th January 2017, 11:06   #2017
BHPian

I am with samcan123. Everyone has there own opinions. Unfortunately we look at the things which are not impacting us in a big way and start thinking about it even though we don't really qualify or need it !

For example one of my friend drives only within city as he hates doing long drives. I was amused when he dropped the suggestion to get Santro because of the general opinion that it is not a great highway car !!
Why on earth he needs that when all he can do is 40kmph in Pune ??

Similarly, yes... Jazz has a bit poor torque in low RPM. But it is not a disaster. I have got used to it now and never ever I feel that it is low in power. It's all about habit and humans are very good to adopt to situation quickly.

Jazz is certainly a very good car. Is very silent, refined and has a acceptable build quality. I am getting much more fuel efficiency than my earlier Swift. (Swift has it's own bright spots).

Regarding handling of Jazz, I think it has minimum body roll and even though it feels lazy at low speeds, it is a bliss to drive this car above 70 kmph on highways.

So in short, we should not care who is saying what. Reviews are just for information and should only be read to get knowledge about major flaws in product. If Ford's are fuel guzzlers but give you rock steady performace on road which you love then hell with the review .

Just ask your own mind. If we are happy and "connected" with our car then even Maruti 800 will give us more satisfaction than Maybach !

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 17th January 2017 at 11:10.
abhaybakshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 14:29   #2018
BHPian

I totally agree with Abhay... Reviews are just an information about what is new and how it is in terms of the product & every individual have their own perception of looking at things. Few people like gizmos in their car, few people like the raw power & others may like the look. Coming to Jazz, yes below 2500 rpm it has less torque, it doesn't mean the car doesn't work. It takes few days to adjust & once it crosses that mark you can enjoy this little gem of an engine. You have to accept few things in life the way they are.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:26   #2019
BHPian

Here is a mobile holder using a paper clip in my Jazz. I have a Samsung S4 mini. This DIY holder holds my mobile "rock steady" without slightest of vibration. It's easy to power the phone too. The charger cable travels from the gap behind the steering wheel. 90% invisible !

This DIY job is simple 5 minute things. Buy a large paper clip and then using a plier, bend the ends of the steel clips inwards. I have applied a black insulation tape just to avoid any scratches on phone. Got the idea from youtube video. Serach for it using appropriate text.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170110_163525.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170110_163537.jpg  

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 17th January 2017 at 15:28.
abhaybakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 02:51   #2020
BHPian

I have booked the jazz cvt silver colour. Delivery in the second week of February. Apparently all the models of honda has an offer for January except the Jazz Cvt (v). Probably it's the least profitable or the highest selling individual model for Honda?
Old 29th January 2017, 03:59   #2021
BHPian

I agree with Jeremy. You see, if you're familiar with the legend of Honda and the type of thrilling machines it used to make before and then try to think up a reason real hard for as to why the Jazz mill had to be so astonishingly lackluster in the lower revs, you actually will draw up a blank.

It's so sad. And though the underlying side effect of i-vtecs seem to be not-so-good lower end power, this one just is something else! Honda should have tried harder. There surely is some hopeless reason why this scenario is so. Honda knows better. It's certinly not that Honda couldn't cook up a better recipe but it's just weird that they CHOSE to have it this way. Stunning.
Old 31st January 2017, 09:55   #2022
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Fit (Jazz in India) gets a fit-ting facelift

2017 Honda FIT (JAZZ)

Honda new FIT will get the 1.0-liter VTEC Turbo with model year 2017 April release - Japan.

Quote:
Honda's official page "NEW FIT COMING SOON" notice page is already prepared, but there is no information of the exterior and Interior, compact car number one be a self-confident satisfies all feelings to the aim (also ran the texture also practicality, environmental safety and) Honda's automobile production.

Quote:
2017 new fit expected specs.

Length x width x height (mm) 3955x1695x1525

Wheel base (mm) 2530

Capacity: 5 persons

Engine 1.0-liter series 3-cylinder VTEC turbo engine best output 129ps/6000 RPM maximum torque 22.4kgf.m/2500 RPM

FF-driven method

Transmission CVT
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 21:29   #2023
SKB
BHPian

Has anybody here bought a body cover from Honda showroom for new Jazz.I just bought it today and it doesn't have antenna slot.I called the service guy and he is saying that all jazz models have one body cover and none of them has any antenna slot.Is this true?
Old 5th February 2017, 10:56   #2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Has anybody here bought a body cover from Honda showroom for new Jazz.I just bought it today and it doesn't have antenna slot.I called the service guy and he is saying that all jazz models have one body cover and none of them has any antenna slot.Is this true?
I have bought the body cover from Honda and it doesn't have any antenna slot. I had checked some covers with antenna slot from the local market but they were not of good quality and would have let a lot of dust to pass through.
Old 7th February 2017, 17:14   #2025
BHPian

Summer is around the corner & I am in search of sunshades for my Honda jazz. Have gone through amazon, flipkart & all other auto accessory sites to find a cut design sun shades to have ORVM view as I am unsure if we use full zipper magnetic sunshades the visibility would be that clear. Would like to hear from others about their sunshades & the experience, also suggest me the model which suits & fits Honda jazz, links to purchase would be helpful as well.

Thanks in Advance & happy miles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks