Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 12:47   #1576
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Anybody having the torque curve for the Jazz IDTEC engine? Would have loved to study that.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:09   #1577
BHPian

Finally the AC issues seems to be resolved.

The point where the AC pipes enter the car had a faulty bushing which leaked the AC gas.
They added a fluorescent oil to it and tested for leaks.

Meanwhile, the service there was pretty good!
We were offered loads of refreshments which included chips, biscuits, coffee, kokam sarbat, burgers, and they also provided us lunch coupons for a nearby hotel. The hotel itself was ok-ok, but it's thoughtful.
The lounge was air conditioned, had sofas, cable TV.

Happy to see this level of customer care.
Old 18th May 2016, 20:08   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Finally the AC issues seems to be resolved.

The point where the AC pipes enter the car had a faulty bushing which leaked the AC gas.
They added a fluorescent oil to it and tested for leaks.

Meanwhile, the service there was pretty good!
We were offered loads of refreshments which included chips, biscuits, coffee, kokam sarbat, burgers, and they also provided us lunch coupons for a nearby hotel. The hotel itself was ok-ok, but it's thoughtful.
The lounge was air conditioned, had sofas, cable TV.

Happy to see this level of customer care.

Nice Ashish to hear Honda taking care of their customers, but having a City for 7 long years and a Brio for less than 18 months, this is something I never experienced in Bangalore. May be too many customers to offer such freebies

On the other note, can you or someone give me some feedback on the headlights ? Are they adequate for night driving on the highways or you need to upgrade ? Few snaps would help.

Thanks,
Old 19th May 2016, 11:26   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

On the other note, can you or someone give me some feedback on the headlights ? Are they adequate for night driving on the highways or you need to upgrade ? Few snaps would help.

Thanks,
So far I've found the headlights sufficient. The high beam has a pretty distant reach.

I'll get some pics in the evening.

But I feel for lots of highway travel having better headlamps in advance is a safe bet. Osram nightbreakers or Philips Ultra Vision(I guess?) are good options and come in the same wattage as the stock ones I believe.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 11:51   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have a tricky question coming up for you and this means a lot to me. This is targeted to all the existing owners.

Do you regret your decision to buy the Jazz ? I request you not to be diplomatic or say a yes simply because you already bought it.

Cheers.. Shiv
Coming late to the party...
I have a Jazz VX Diesel. Bought it in Dec '15 and have covered 7,000 KMs.

Do I regret buying the car...NO.
IF I was buying the car today, I would consider the alternatives. One of my primary features that I was not going to live without was Climate Control.

I would seriously consider an Amaze and save some money.
Alternative to that would be a Baleno (more readily available in comparison to Dec '15).
A Ciaz, especially since the price revised earlier this week.

A big question is what features/comforts/requirements do you have?
Who is the car for? How often would that person drive or is it mainly a driver driving?
Ease of access to front/rear? (Useful for the elderly).

One confidence I have is in Honda's reliability.
Yes my car has had rattles, notchy gearbox, AC issues (not most efficient cooling). BUT all issues were sorted out in my visit to the dealership and the problems have gone.

Would I recommend a Jazz...YES.
BUT I would consider the alternatives and how they fulfil MY requirements.

I noticed one question you asked about headlights, not the most powerful, but adequate at night. Would I upgrade, no, not really necessary.

Hope my reply helps you.
Good Hunting...
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 12:03   #1581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got some art work done on the car later in the evening. Pics :

The entire set cost 600/-. Got it done from a local number plate guy. Good job.

Big time Iron Man fan? Iron Man theme suits for your colour of the car though.

You missed a dot between J and A for J.A.R.V.I.S
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 16:34   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Big time Iron Man fan? Iron Man theme suits for your colour of the car though.

You missed a dot between J and A for J.A.R.V.I.S
Absolutely big time Iron man fan

Yeah The dot is missing; it dropped off, and I'm way too lazy to go back just for a single dot .
Old 19th May 2016, 16:54   #1583
BHPian

Just called up Dakshin Honda, Bangalore for a quote for Jazz VXMT petrol. Firstly they took ages to pick up the phone, secondly, on hearing I am calling from Germany for a Quote, the lady was awestruck (may she thought a german is calling to buy an Indian Jazz) that she was couldnt say anything more.

Pause of 2 secs and then I requested her to give a quote and she requested me to hold on. 10 secs passed by and then started Hello, Hello, Hello, while I replied and I am sure she can hear me too, she kept on pretending as if the line is not clear (I called from a LL btw) and then finally hung up.

That's it, lost case. No wonder why Honda is going downhill.

Cheers.. Shiv
Old 19th May 2016, 17:36   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Just called up Dakshin Honda, Bangalore for a quote for Jazz VXMT petrol. Firstly they took ages to pick up the phone, secondly, on hearing I am calling from Germany for a Quote, the lady was awestruck (may she thought a german is calling to buy an Indian Jazz) that she was couldnt say anything more.

Pause of 2 secs and then I requested her to give a quote and she requested me to hold on. 10 secs passed by and then started Hello, Hello, Hello, while I replied and I am sure she can hear me too, she kept on pretending as if the line is not clear (I called from a LL btw) and then finally hung up.

That's it, lost case. No wonder why Honda is going downhill.

Cheers.. Shiv
This is a really poor job by the showroom people.
Wonder if the phone on her side was faulty or something?!

Do make sure to give feedback for your experience. Honda themselves are trying to get all feedback related to showroom and delivery experience. I myself received 2 phone calls for this.

Mail the Honda central email-id. I got a fairly prompt response last time.

Also, my 2 cents: don't give up on Honda itself. Showroom to showroom experience varies greatly.

I myself had a fantastic delivery experience. I was able to get my car delivered with just 2 visits to my home-town, and one of them was for bank formalities. They even accepted images forwarded over whatsapp for the documents! A very smooth experience with the whole process.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 19th May 2016 at 17:39.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:50   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
This is a really poor job by the showroom people.
Wonder if the phone on her side was faulty or something?!

Do make sure to give feedback for your experience. Honda themselves are trying to get all feedback related to showroom and delivery experience. I myself received 2 phone calls for this.

Mail the Honda central email-id. I got a fairly prompt response last time.

Also, my 2 cents: don't give up on Honda itself. Showroom to showroom experience varies greatly.

I myself had a fantastic delivery experience. I was able to get my car delivered with just 2 visits to my home-town, and one of them was for bank formalities. They even accepted images forwarded over whatsapp for the documents! A very smooth experience with the whole process.

I had a much better experience instead from the doomed Nexa at one of their showrooms in Bangalore. Even booking of the Baleno Alpha was done through whats app. I only transferred the money and kept quiet. In 1 day, I got all that I needed as soft copies to confirm my booking.

Coming back to Honda, I called again, but this time Magnum Honda and they put me on IVR (all reps are busy blah blah blah.. ) and I waited till I lost patience. Looked as if Honda dealerships are working as call centres part time. This won't help Honda anyway. They can't live with their City dream for long.

cheers.. Shiv
Old 19th May 2016, 22:52   #1586
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Hi, I've attached a couple of images. One with the low beam and the other with the high beam.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0373.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0374.jpg
Old 21st May 2016, 09:36   #1587
BHPian

Finally got a dashcam for my car. This is the Transcend DrivePro 100. Purchased it for INR 7,299 from Amazon. This is the most basic of all models made by Transcend.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0893.jpg

Surprised to see 'Made in Taiwan' written at the back of something. I last saw it at the back of one of my battery operated toys ages back. The M stands for 'suction mount'. There is an A model too that comes with an adhesive mount instead.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0894.jpg

Some sample shots. This particular model has the option to take snapshots as well. So the following images are not screenshots from a video file. Numbers are quite legible even at night but only if the vehicle ahead is directly in front of the camera. The camera has a mic and speaker as well.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-0519d003.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-0520d006.jpg

Last edited by Flanker99 : 21st May 2016 at 10:05.
Flanker99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 10:09   #1588
BHPian

Guys, does the system auto lock once the key has been taken out? I've had many restless moments because of this.
Old 21st May 2016, 10:42   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, does the system auto lock once the key has been taken out? I've had many restless moments because of this.
The answer is a simple no. The only time the doors autolock is when you unlock the doors from the remote key but do not open them within 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 21st May 2016 at 11:02.
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 10:46   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The answer is a simple no. The only time the doors autolock is when you unlock the doors from the remote key but do not open the them within 30 seconds. Hope this helps.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Thanks a ton! That's ridiculous.... Why would they leave out such a simple feature!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks