Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 16:36   #751
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I heard that even temporary registration is not allowed in Delhi. Will check again with other dealers if that is not the case.
That should not be the case. We got it temporary registered in Noida in the month of February 2016 when the ban was in full effect.

Cheers!

Last edited by iabhishekkumar : 5th April 2016 at 16:43. Reason: Correcting the Sentence
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 13:33   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
I am sure 1999CC STORME would be in making. What I find amusing is beyond 2000CC all vehicles be it TATA's or Audi's find themselves in same bracket.
You are right. Tata finally woke up. It seems below 2000cc Storme is on it way. Now I hope they bring it out sooner than later. Apparently it will be available in 45-60 days.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:02   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are right. Tata finally woke up. It seems below 2000cc Storme is on it way. Now I hope they bring it out sooner than later. Apparently it will be available in 45-60 days.
Don't want to change the lane to politics as that will simply degrade the sanctity of this forum. However, these are things that just show how stupid some regulations can really be.

I'd like to see an honest comparison of the overall pollution reduction by a 1999cc engine compared to a 2.2 along with other paramaters of engine life & maintaining the lower emissions over a long duration IN REAL WORLD usage scenarios.

A car like the Safari / XUV would have to be revved harder with a lower capacity engine to reach the higher torque and BHP required to move it. Won't that actually reduce the overall mileage? Also the net emission on common sense logic would be more or less the same / higher given that the car would be revved more than it would have been with a 2.2L?

Of course a 1999 would show less carbon emission compared to 2.2 on a dyno revving at some leisurely RPM. But what about the real world usage and high revving in lower gears by all kinds of drivers? Would it really make a difference?
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 18:45   #754
BHPian

Quote:
I wish they they had been as proactive as Mahindras in this regard.
Proactive? No one can develop a new engine that fast. Either Mahindras had prior knowledge or they had the engines ready for some other purpose.
Ferruccio is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 19:01   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Proactive? No one can develop a new engine that fast. Either Mahindras had prior knowledge or they had the engines ready for some other purpose.
Prior knowledge is dicey IMO, it must be for other purpose.

Anyways, TATA is bringing out below 2000 cc engine soon.

My getting a Storme is becoming like getting TBHP membership. Today I was attempting to book one from Agra when the news came. Now waiting again for next attempt.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:07   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't having prior knowledge OR having engines ready fall in the category of being proactive? They were ready before being cornered.

As far as I remember, TML also had 2L IDI/TDI engines in use around the turn of the millennium. Making sure that a common rail derivative of the same is available for specific applications (like markets with such regulations already in place) is where the pro-activeness comes into picture. They have done similar things with the 3.0 engines by changing them to common rail and naming CR4 (seen on SUMO Gold etc). Having all the technology & not being able to exploit it by keeping an eye on the surroundings is a certain lack of pro-activeness.

In one guise or the other, the technology is already at hand. Modifying parameters of the engine while keeping the basic design same is not a big deal in today's computer aided world at all. In fact, who better than TATA to know this? They have literally used the age old 475 IDI engine with countless modifications from small cars to medium trucks!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 21:34   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Can you try holding the gear stick gently when this sound occurs and then confirm if you still hear it.
Hi Narayan, been away and hence the late response. The Tata motors guy sent over a new gear knob (heavier and with some added damping) and part of the noise is resolved after that. Lower end rpm vibration and noise is under control. On decelerating from higher rpms (1800 to 2200 band) the noise is still there but about 40-50% reduced. They say this is standard in all stormes and a likely solution is expected from the plant in a month or so. So will wait for that. Not as much a bother now. The beast has really smoothened out and is a dream to drive. Kudos to Tata A.S.S for the follow up and closure till now.
Old 8th April 2016, 00:08   #758
Senior - BHPian

Got to drive a new Storme VX last day. It had done 9000kms till date.

1. The Storme is more like a car than a truck now.
2. Its clutch is lighter than Alto's
3. Steering is much lighter and less meatier than my 2.2's.

The above 3 makes it very un-truckish

Other '+ves'
AC is excellent
Interior does look nice but aint an i20 but better than say Punto's?
OE audio is good ! They could have added a sub though.
OVRM are of Safari size! ( Elephants don't get tiny ears, do they?)

The '-ves'
Gear shift isn't butter smooth.
Turbo lag is prominent but a tuning box will fix this. I though feel that lag is more prominent that my 2.2's.
Seat wasn't sofaish like old gen's.

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2016 at 11:41. Reason: Typo
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 15:56   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Clock got installed yesterday. Cost me Rs. 4032. It is illuminated and looks good at night too. Here are the daytime pics:
Well I have arranged a clock too for my Storme LX but i doubt my bull has the harness for it. Is there a way you can share details on electrical fitment? When looked back, the clock has four pins to connect to harness. I need info on which pin is power etc...
Old 13th April 2016, 14:30   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Well I have arranged a clock too for my Storme LX but i doubt my bull has the harness for it. Is there a way you can share details on electrical fitment? When looked back, the clock has four pins to connect to harness. I need info on which pin is power etc...
I wasn't physically present when they did the 'jugaad' wiring harness. So i won't be able to tell readily. Give me a few days to try and find the info.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 19:53   #761
BHPian

Apologies for an off-topic post, but could not resist posting this. Saw a rather edgy trailer of an upcoming Bollywood movie - "Traffic". The Safari Storme, features rather prominently in the video.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 13th April 2016 at 20:54.
sachinayak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 14:42   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Apologies for an off-topic post, but could not resist posting this. Saw a rather edgy trailer of an upcoming Bollywood movie - "Traffic". The Safari Storme, features rather prominently in the video.
Part of the trailer are good enough to be used as advertisement for Storme. I am sure there will be other parts in the movie that might contribute too. Would see the movie only for the Storme.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 15:18   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Quote:
Part of the trailer are good enough to be used as advertisement for Storme. I am sure there will be other parts in the movie that might contribute too. Would see the movie only for the Storme.
It's a remake of the malayalam movie Traffic.

In this they had used the first Gen Scorpio.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 14th April 2016 at 15:21.
Old 19th April 2016, 15:29   #764
BHPian

Need a quick advice from forum experts and Storme owners.

My brother took delivery of his Safari Storme last week, EX trim. As accessories, he has decided to fit the reverse audio sensors from dealer.

Next he wants to fit autoform type art leather seat covers , tan orange colour ( budget around 12-15K) . THis color is not available in the OE seat cover from dealer , neither in the ready made stocks available with auto accessories shops.

So, only option is a tailor made one , but the shop owner is saying that, this is only custom fitted , in tight fashion , by taking out the seats from the car , fitting the covers and putting them back.

He is worried about the refitting part whether that will lead to any rattling/ mounting noises , or even the fitting will be as good as the factory seat fitment that was there before putting the cover.

Pls suggest which way to go ...he does not want any OE stuff to be damaged/ misaligned while fitting accessories.

What are the pros and cons of snug-stitch fit and wrap fitting with ties etc?
Old 19th April 2016, 15:53   #765
ISO
BANNED

With respect to above quarry. Already discussed in this forum that removing/refitting seat is safety Hazard in case of accident.

BTW- Fabric seats of Safari are comfortable as they can breath. Why he want to fit leather seat cover?
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks