Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 11:20   #676
ISO
BANNED

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Dear Navpreet / 1.2TSI7DSG / Rajamuneeb

When you took test drive of Varicor-400, was there drone or low frequency hum like sound when engine is put on load?
Old 12th January 2016, 12:01   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post

When you took test drive of Varicor-400, was there drone or low frequency hum like sound when engine is put on load?
ISO, at extremely low speeds like 20 kph in third gear, there is the sound of the engine working hard. But no drone per say.
My point of view might also be affected by the drone the 3.0L makes at low revs which converts into a cabin boom which is very annoying.
Compared to that the 400 was absolutely silent and the engine did not feel strained. Yes it's working to push the vehicles at low revs but not strained. So the sound would be different from what it is at mid revs.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:30   #678
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
ISO, at extremely low speeds like 20 kph in third gear, there is the sound of the engine working hard. But no drone per say.
My point of view might also be affected by the drone the 3.0L makes at low revs which converts into a cabin boom which is very annoying.
Compared to that the 400 was absolutely silent and the engine did not feel strained. Yes it's working to push the vehicles at low revs but not strained. So the sound would be different from what it is at mid revs.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not yet taken test drive of Varicor-400. But I remember in one of the test drive of earlier storme, I heard this type of sound. May be that test drive vehicle was abused.
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 12:46   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have not yet taken test drive of Varicor-400. But I remember in one of the test drive of earlier storme, I heard this type of sound. May be that test drive vehicle was abused.
Oh! Then you must. I understand now what you meant. Yes, when I tested the 320 Storme, it was present. Yet it pulled fairly cleanly.
400 is better. Definitely better. As a regular user of safari as a daily drive, one can appreciate the changes made and see how those changes are made to make your daily life easy and relaxed.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:59   #680
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Oh! Then you must. I understand now what you meant. Yes, when I tested the 320 Storme, it was present. Yet it pulled fairly cleanly.
400 is better. Definitely better. As a regular user of safari as a daily drive, one can appreciate the changes made and see how those changes are made to make your daily life easy and relaxed.
Thanks again.

Eagerly awaiting for the test drive. I'm coming to India soon for the short vacation.
Old 12th January 2016, 18:39   #681
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I did something that I didn't want to do. YES - taken the STORME 400 test drive last week.
Oh Man, what a difference b/w DICOR and this 400 variant ! Just amazing feel in each and every aspect of the drive.

The pull - on 3rd gear from lower speed till about 70 is just too good !

I also enquired about the HEXA and the Sales folks were clear and categorical that the ZICA comes in 1Q 2016. HEXA would come in only in 2nd half. I hope, it comes in the early 2nd half instead of keeping me waiting for long.

Reason - I would like to compare the feature/function b/w STORME 400 and HEXA and decide on what to go based on what the family got to say too.

Prem.
Old 12th January 2016, 19:02   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Reason - I would like to compare the feature/function b/w STORME 400 and HEXA and decide on what to go based on what the family got to say too.

Prem.
The Aria in the current form itself has more features than the Storme. Invariably HEXA will have more features than the Storme 400. If the HEXA is reasonably priced then HEXA would make more sense with the same strong motor and a lot more features. Me too waiting for HEXA to decide, its more on the drive than the features for me.
Old 12th January 2016, 21:02   #683
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Aria in the current form itself has more features than the Storme. Invariably HEXA will have more features than the Storme 400. If the HEXA is reasonably priced then HEXA would make more sense with the same strong motor and a lot more features. Me too waiting for HEXA to decide, its more on the drive than the features for me.
I'm already sold on Safari Storme. For me space is more important than features. I don't want to compromise space of first two rows for the sake of front facing third row. Lets see what HEXA offers?
Old 12th January 2016, 21:17   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was in a Varicor-400 powered Storme on Sunday, for about 35 km. Absolutely no hum noticed.
Old 12th January 2016, 21:38   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I do like ARIA in its current form for all of those it offers but for AUTOMATIC.
This is one thing I am waiting on. Of course, when I meant HEXA, I sincerely meant HEXA AT and possibly, STORME AT as well !

Quote:
I'm already sold on Safari Storme. For me space is more important than features. I don't want to compromise space of first two rows for the sake of front facing third row. Lets see what HEXA offers?
Of course, the ARIA and HEXA [looking at its size], I am sure, there would be enough space to play around in addition to a reasonable 7 seater vehicle.

Fingers crossed and awaiting HEXA !

Prem.
Old 13th January 2016, 23:17   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I do like ARIA in its current form for all of those it offers but for AUTOMATIC.
This is one thing I am waiting on. Of course, when I meant HEXA, I sincerely meant HEXA AT and possibly, STORME AT as well !

Of course, the ARIA and HEXA [looking at its size], I am sure, there would be enough space to play around in addition to a reasonable 7 seater vehicle.

Fingers crossed and awaiting HEXA !

Prem.
Hi Prem,

When HEXA was showcased it was shown as a 6 seater vehicle. Even though it was a concept car, has it been confirmed that the production ready vehicle is actually going to be a 7- seater. I would be in the market for a 7-seater SUV/MUV in the month of May/June. Can we expect HEXA to be launched by then so that we can actually compare XUV500 & HEXA?

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 14th January 2016, 08:32   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Hi Prem,

When HEXA was showcased it was shown as a 6 seater vehicle. Even though it was a concept car, has it been confirmed that the production ready vehicle is actually going to be a 7- seater. I would be in the market for a 7-seater SUV/MUV in the month of May/June. Can we expect HEXA to be launched by then so that we can actually compare XUV500 & HEXA?

Thanks,
Rohit
June to 3Q 2016 is not very far. I am sure, the wait is worth for HEXA. So, you should ideally wait for its launch. With all the information out there, I am positive the HEXA would be launched on or before festive time of 2016.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 14:10   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi all. Just a quick update. I took delivery of my storme today evening.
Hi Raja, waiting for my Storme VX to be delivered anytime now. Still to sell my old Dicor EX 2011. What accessories did you go in for / what are you planning to fit?

Awaiting a First Report from you. Congratulations and all the best.
Old 20th January 2016, 18:07   #689
BHPian

Did any of the Storme owners receive a notification for checking break related issues? My 2015-June storme was recalled today by TASS. They checked it for an hour and said it is up to date and nothing had to be done. Driver said there were few other stormes which required the update.

Last edited by BipB : 20th January 2016 at 18:15.
Old 26th January 2016, 00:25   #690
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Storme EX today at Chennai Purchase experience and initial impressions at this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3898242

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks