Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 21:59   #661
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Dear friends. I booked my Astern Black Safari Storme VX today. As the 400 wouldn't have arrived till Jan ending and the costs going up by Rs.30K from January I did some quick calculation and was satisfied with the amount I saved from discounts this month and no cost escalation. Will be picking up my black beauty by Tuesday or Wednesday once the finance is sorted. Happy New Year guys.
Hi, Would you mind sharing how much discounts did you get on the 320 VX ?
Old 31st December 2015, 22:31   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends. I booked my Astern Black Safari Storme VX today. As the 400 wouldn't have arrived till Jan ending and the costs going up by Rs.30K from January I did some quick calculation and was satisfied with the amount I saved from discounts this month and no cost escalation. Will be picking up my black beauty by Tuesday or Wednesday once the finance is sorted. Happy New Year guys.
Happy new year with new Storme rajamuneeb!

I was in similar dilemma in November. I did PDI for 320 too but then 400 was announced. I decided to wait as extra torque and sixth gear was worth waiting for me. Supreme court played spoilsport now and will get my truck in only in April now. Total expected hit is in tune of a lakh or more.
Old 31st December 2015, 22:39   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Happy new year with new Storme rajamuneeb!

I was in similar dilemma in November. I did PDI for 320 too but then 400 was announced. I decided to wait as extra torque and sixth gear was worth waiting for me. Supreme court played spoilsport now and will get my truck in only in April now. Total expected hit is in tune of a lakh or more.
Thanks Buddy and happy New Year to you too. Hope you get a good discount in April and the costs escalation won't hurt much.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:59   #664
BHPian

Hi all. Just a quick update. I took delivery of my storme today evening. The delivery process was smooth and I am overall very satisfied with the dealer response. Storme undoubtedly is an awesome SUV much better than the Scorpio. Will be posting my initial impressions about the vehicle in a couple of days. Happy weekend
P.S Thanks to Behram Sir for instilling confidence in me to buy a TATA product and also would like to thank the TM manager here Mr Ayaaz for being a thorough gentleman.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 3rd January 2016 at 00:05.
rajamuneeb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:05   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. Just a quick update. I took delivery of my storme today evening. The delivery process was smooth.
Let me be the first to congratulate you dear. Wish you a trouble free life with the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Yes, press the clutch and rev the engine, the sound is there even in stationary position . Don't think I can make an audio.
Libra, was this issue sorted out finally? Could you please share more details on what went wrong?

Last edited by Aditya : 4th January 2016 at 08:05. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:10   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you dear. Wish you a trouble free life with the beast!
Thanks a lot BipB. Looking forward to many miles trouble free.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:16   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. Just a quick update. I took delivery of my storme today evening. The delivery process was smooth and I am overall very satisfied with the dealer response. Storme undoubtedly is an awesome SUV much better than the Scorpio. Will be posting my initial impressions about the vehicle in a couple of days. Happy weekend
P.S Thanks to Behram Sir for instilling confidence in me to buy a TATA product and also would like to thank the TM manager here Mr Ayaaz for being a thorough gentleman.
Many congratulations rajamuneeb on getting your Storme. Please share a lot of pictures. Also do share the on-road price and its break-up.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:21   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations rajamuneeb on getting your Storme. Please share a lot of pictures. Also do share the on-road price and its break-up.
Thanks buddy. Surely will do. I am using the T-BHP app on my mobile and somehow it doesn't allow me to upload any pics. Will upload once I connect to my system.
Old 3rd January 2016, 13:55   #669
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raja. One more thing I want to add here as an ex Storme owner. As you are all aware I sold my Storme around 10 days back. I haven't been able to deactivate the online ads I posted. After I sold I've received 4 more phone enquiries and all persons asked me how much I sold the beast for. A couple of them went on to say they would have surely bought at the price I sold. Probably the Storme might break the resale value jinx Tata vehicles have got themselves into. I'm sure Storme will soon have at least as strong a demand as a NG Scorpio provided Tata motors keeps making progress as they are doing now. I would go a step further and request persons like DB sir who hold a position of influence to see if Tata motors can work out a strategy around improving the resale value of their new gen vehicles which can immensely help improve the new car sales as well.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 00:37   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats Raja. One more thing I want to add here as an ex Storme owner. As you are all aware I sold my Storme around 10 days back. I haven't been able to deactivate the online ads I posted. After I sold I've received 4 more phone enquiries and all persons asked me how much I sold the beast for. A couple of them went on to say they would have surely bought at the price I sold. Probably the Storme might break the resale value jinx Tata vehicles have got themselves into. I'm sure Storme will soon have at least as strong a demand as a NG Scorpio provided Tata motors keeps making progress as they are doing now. I would go a step further and request persons like DB sir who hold a position of influence to see if Tata motors can work out a strategy around improving the resale value of their new gen vehicles which can immensely help improve the new car sales as well.
Thanks Narayan. I have been following your thread very closely and it helped me to decide on Storme, going by your positive reviews of the Storme. Yes I agree completely with you. Storme has the character to break the jinx attached with TM resale value. It's an awesome vehicle. Just a quick query, is there any separate thread for Storme owners. Kindly pass on the link if there is any. Thanks.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 4th January 2016 at 00:40.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:41   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a quick query, is there any separate thread for Storme owners. Kindly pass on the link if there is any. Thanks.
I don't think there is such a thread for any vehicle that is exclusive to owners. You can post queries here but ideally please start an ownership thread. That really helps other buyers decide on their purchase better. Many Storme owners in the forum still haven't though
Old 7th January 2016, 00:08   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I don't think there is such a thread for any vehicle that is exclusive to owners. You can post queries here but ideally please start an ownership thread. That really helps other buyers decide on their purchase better. Many Storme owners in the forum still haven't though
Dear Narayan. I will start an ownership thread pretty soon. I just have a quick query. How to become a member of SOUL group? The link on TM website is not working and I haven't checked with the dealer yet. Is SOUL still a part of TM initiative or have they given up on it. Thanks.
Old 7th January 2016, 09:01   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Narayan. I will start an ownership thread pretty soon. I just have a quick query. How to become a member of SOUL group? The link on TM website is not working and I haven't checked with the dealer yet. Is SOUL still a part of TM initiative or have they given up on it. Thanks.
Your dealer would have already registered you as a member. Please check with him. You should receive the details over your mobile number.
Old 7th January 2016, 09:06   #674
Senior - BHPian

Friends, not sure if this is the right thread. Since it is related to Safari I am posting it here. Please see if you can answer my query. One of my friend's Safari was completely submerged under water during the recent Chennai floods. If anyone has the checklist of Tata Safari, Type-A flood check list, please provide. His Safari is still lying in the workshop and needs this checklist desperately to ensure that he gets the car in good condition back from the workshop. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.
Old 7th January 2016, 10:32   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Your dealer would have already registered you as a member. Please check with him. You should receive the details over your mobile number.
Thanks buddy. I will surely check with the dealer. Regards.

Most Viewed