Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:10   #316
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Went to the concorde workshop this morning.
Libra, This seems to be a common issue. I had the same issue on passenger side door + rear left door. Was solved by TASS in less than 15 minutes. Some kind of internal lubrication was all what they did.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2015 at 22:13. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 24th August 2015, 11:32   #317
BHPian

I have completed close to 1500 Kms and the beast seems to be settling in well on the roads now.

However, on the highway from Mumbai to Pune i noticed that during a rainy day on the highway I have to have a heavy foot on the accelerator.

Quote:
3M was professional about every little detail and the delivery was given to me in 4 hours, however, rear bumper paint started peeling off while they applied polish and we noticed that TATA has painted the bumper without any coating over the plastic bumper! how does the paint stick onto the plastic without a coating of something (material usually put in denting and painting). 3M was really apologetic and have promised to repaint/buy me a new bumper, till the time being (as my decision is pending) they have put a black wrap on the whole bumper which too looks great.
3M - Viman Nagar did a good job on the rear bumper as well. It is not a 3M work shop though owner by the agency. I saw an S Class and an E class being worked on which gave me some confidence to let them pain the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20150822_134006.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 12:06   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This evening while reversing the car, the sensors started showing the Stop sign. There was no obstruction. This continued as I checked at three four different spots. After half an hour of drive the problem went away. Can anybody explain the phenomenon?
Is happens if the sensor detect water. If your car is washed or has got wet in rain and some water droplets are on the sensor it will keep showing .3 meters and a continuous stop sign with the beeps. Cleaning the water off the sensor will solve this issue. The other issue is the sensor computer sometimes hangs (happened frequently in the Dicor) and the solution was to stop the car and start again and problem was solved. I had this issue in the Dicor but never on my storme.
Old 24th August 2015, 12:12   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
However, on the highway from Mumbai to Pune i noticed that during a rainy day on the highway I have to have a heavy foot on the accelerator.
I apologize but I couldn't understand what you were trying to say.Did you experience any power loss?

PS-Congrats for the safari.
Old 24th August 2015, 12:20   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I apologize but I couldn't understand what you were trying to say.Did you experience any power loss?

PS-Congrats for the safari.
Not power loss, just a drag maybe from the tyres created by rain water on the road.
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 17:09   #321
BHPian

Hi All,

Just returned from 4200 KMs trip through Himachal and Ladakh on my truck - DC. It had done only 2496 Kms when I took for the trip. Went through Satluj Valley, Baspa Valley, Spiti Valley, and Leh Circuits - 15 passes, 7 lakes and riverbeds for roads. Returned after 12 days and the odometer reading 6700 Kms. And What a ride!!! I stood vindicated on my decision to go for storme. Not a squeak, not a pip, not a whimper. The truck behaved beautifully throughout and the feature I admired the most was the suspension which held so beautifully across a terrain that for most times was a either a boulder field or a stream or water-crossing or a muddy slushy curving road.

Here is a picture of the DC getting a beauty treatment at the world's most beautiful car-spa at Shighu near Kaza
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0275.jpg  

aviddenis is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 08:19   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviddenis View Post
Just returned from 4200 KMs trip through Himachal and Ladakh on my truck - DC. It had done only 2496 Kms when I took for the trip. Went through Satluj Valley, Baspa Valley, Spiti Valley, and Leh Circuits - 15 passes, 7 lakes and riverbeds for roads. Returned after 12 days and the odometer reading 6700 Kms.
Your DC looks amazing and congrats on a successful trip.

I have a question though, since our 1st servicing is due around 4500-5500 kms how did you manage that?
Old 26th August 2015, 14:20   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Your DC looks amazing and congrats on a successful trip.
Thanks.

Quote:
I have a question though, since our 1st servicing is due around 4500-5500 kms how did you manage that?
I approached Concorde Motors for the 1st service a week before the trip. The DC had done only 2500-2600 KMs then. The team there asked me to get the truck inspected as part of Monsoon check. They checked all the parameters and topped up the levels as required and asked me to get the 1st service done after the trip. I am getting it done this weekend.
aviddenis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 14:51   #324
BHPian

I had an open question, since I have bought the 4x4 storme refresh, no one has been able to tell be what extra do we have mechanically apart from the "shift on fly"

I happen to notice the shocks from the gap between the tyre and boy. It has a sticker which states 4x4. Is it any different from the regular VX 4x2?
Old 26th August 2015, 20:01   #325
BHPian

Quote:
I happen to notice the shocks from the gap between the tyre and boy. It has a sticker which states 4x4. Is it any different from the regular VX 4x2?
Can you post pictures of this?

I did a TD on Storme and later XUV back to back. It's all same as what other members have posted. I felt one subtle difference while driving XUV after storme TD. Driving XUV doesn't feel like driving a SUV it just more car like. Was not impressed with the drive and doesn't see Grin on my face. However, Storme does put a Grin on my face. Just after 5mins of drive felt very easy to drive in traffic too.

Other than ASS there is nothing to think back on buying choice to select Storme, my kid also loves Storme she started comparing the road view from passenger seat with Bus

Now while negotiating discounts the dealer was okay to give 10K. Wanted to know on discounts what you got or someone on this forum getting.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:25   #326
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Other than ASS there is nothing to think back on buying choice to select Storme, my kid also loves Storme she started comparing the road view from passenger seat with Bus
Have you test driven the new Scorpio as well? Test drives are free of cost. Take one if you like the truck-like feel in place of the car-like feel.

Yes, TML has cut down Storme production significantly and hence discounts are minimal.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:44   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Have you test driven the new Scorpio as well? Test drives are free of cost. Take one if you like the truck-like feel in place of the car-like feel.

Yes, TML has cut down Storme production significantly and hence discounts are minimal.
Yes have TD'd Scorpio but not now long back when it was launched. The suspense is no match with Storme and the front looks little different in my opinion
Black_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 23:20   #328
BHPian

On a narrow service road in Delhi, a maruti swift blocked the way. The driver of the swift was nowhere to be seen. Reversing felt cumbersome. The footpath was a tad more inviting. Up went the storme and crossed the little obstacle. I smiled and thought about my accent, the neglected child these days.
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 11:54   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a narrow service road in Delhi, a maruti swift blocked the way. The driver of the swift was nowhere to be seen. Reversing felt cumbersome. The footpath was a tad more inviting. Up went the storme and crossed the little obstacle. I smiled and thought about my accent, the neglected child these days.
Footpaths, dividers, medians, curbs, pesky brick flowerbed borders which my maali changes every second day, all contribute to the feel of driving a tank into war. Or a bigfoot. Or a truck across rugged terrain.

Then it back on the road to office or back .... sigh. Dreams shattered, time to wake up.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:44   #330
BHPian

There was a traffic jam today, just before the turn in to my office lane. Instead of waiting, I simply climbed onto the footpath and drove over that for the next 20 odd feet and turned in. This is what you can do with the beast.

On another note, I have driven my Storme for 51,500 km as on date and have not faced any major problem. Only the typical Safari niggles such as the rattling tailgate and re-circulation mode not completely stopping bad smells from outside. The average mileage I am getting in the city is around 13kmpl.

The major repairs done so far have been:
  • AC Compressor change (under warranty)
  • TVD Change (under awrranty)
  • Clutch kit replacement at 45K km

Tyre change is due in another 6-8K km.

Attaching a sketch that I did of my impression of the upcoming LR Freelander based Safari. Just for fun
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-lr-safari-sasi.jpg  

Last edited by sasi405 : 28th August 2015 at 16:52.
sasi405 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks