Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:16   #271
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
@libra- even though I own a XUV now but got no shame in accepting that Storme totally overshadowed the XUV there . Its stance is absolutely unmatched.
I couldn't agree more. On 3M, do you have any idea about their paint protection treatment? Is there any benefit of getting it done if the parking is in the open? I read through a thread on this but hardly found myself convinced either way.
Old 3rd August 2015, 06:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
I couldn't agree more. On 3M, do you have any idea about their paint protection treatment? Is there any benefit of getting it done if the parking is in the open? I read through a thread on this but hardly found myself convinced either way.
Well it does give you a protection against swirls and UV, but it lasts hardly for 6 to 7 months. If you got time and passionate about taking care of it by yourself, nothing can ever beat the good old routine of Waxing your car once a month using Meguiars or some other good quality wax. Have heard and seen the magical results, some users obtained using Collinite 845. Water beeding lasts you for about two months at least.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:54   #273
BHPian

Had my DC checked during the Monsoon scheme at Concorde Motors Mathura Road. It was a chaotic Sunday with a hundred cars and fenzied owners. Got to see 2 safari with Team BHP stickers. One of these Safari (White) looked like a famous/celebrity safari of this forum but I could be mistaken

Took 3 hours and the time was spent going to the service bay or watching Singham in the customer lounge over tea-coffee. Finally got my DC back. The SA said that they had checked all the nuts/bolts and brakes and topped up all the fluids. Asked him to show where the sedimenter is and he was all at sea. He got hold of some one in blue overhaul who got hold of someone else. This guychecked if this was 4x4 and then showed me the sedimenter and how to use it in case of an emergency.

The car was looking great with top wash but the moment I left Mathura road, it started raining cats and dogs and the truck was thoroughly wet. The moment I left Surajkund, Badhkal lake and entered Faridabad Gurgaon highway, it was completely dry and the sand lorries ensured thata fine layer coats my wet truck. When I reached home, my wife refused to believe that the car had been serviced and washed

All in all, a good experience!
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:37   #274
BHPian

Today I visited Tata Motors with a view to take a look at Storme LX . While going through the brochure I noticed interesting changes in LX version.

In the LX version the tyre has been changed from 16 inches to 15 inches. In EX and VX the tyre is 235/70R16 ( diameter 29 inches) where as for LX it is 235/75R15 ( diameter 28.9 inches.....almost the same). Tyre profile has been changed from 70 to 75 maintaining almost the same tyre diameter. I am yet to know the advantage and disadvantage of using 235/75R15 instead of 235/70R16. I guess the profile 75 can absorb more load and may be more suitable for use on continued rough road. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The absence of side foot steps in LX version reduces the overall vehicle width from 1965 mm to 1855 mm. This could either be a cost cutting measure or intended to improve manoeuvrability !....thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:56   #275
BHPian

As I started my car this evening I noticed that it makes a "tak" sound when the clutch lever is pressed down. I had the window rolled down and was in a quiet area hence it was very noticeable. It was a cold start and the noise came every time I pressed the lever. Is it normal?
Old 4th August 2015, 09:55   #276
BHPian

Quote:
As I started my car this evening I noticed that it makes a "tak" sound when the clutch lever is pressed down. I had the window rolled down and was in a quiet area hence it was very noticeable. It was a cold start and the noise came every time I pressed the lever. Is it normal?
Hi Libra,

I tried the same as you mentioned but I could not hear any "tak" sound. I tried that multiple times. I would try that again tomorrow morning just to be doubly sure.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2015, 12:41   #277
BHPian

Quote:
As I started my car this evening
Libra, I have heard this a few times. But was not able to relate it to any particular condition, say cold start. And for me, it was not continuous. It just happened some 3-4 times. Were you releasing the clutch pedal quickly?
Old 4th August 2015, 13:24   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Libra, I have heard this a few times. But was not able to relate it to any particular condition, say cold start. And for me, it was not continuous. It just happened some 3-4 times. Were you releasing the clutch pedal quickly?
Yes, I was releasing the clutch quickly.I read one of the earlier posts on the storme review. It seems the problem isn't very uncommon.
Old 5th August 2015, 16:20   #279
BHPian

Finally after a lot of push and pull I went over to Concorde Pune for the pre registration PDI. The beast looks beautiful standing tall in the greens(stockyard).

It took me almost an hour to get done with the PDI and the stockyard manager was more than pleased with my thorough examination and loved the PDI sheet that I had taken with me. Thanks to a team BHP forum on PDI I am an expert now.

I called Concorde today and it seems I will finally get my hands on the beast on Friday. Days are moving slowly and work even slower now.

More pics shall follow!!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stockyard.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stockyard2.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 08:14   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post

I called Concorde today and it seems I will finally get my hands on the beast on Friday. Days are moving slowly and work even slower now.

More pics shall follow!!
Wonderful, many congratulations. Silver looks good. I can understand that the wait could be agonizing but you have an interesting weekend around the corner.

Last edited by ampere : 6th August 2015 at 22:35. Reason: Fixed Quote tag
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:50   #281
BHPian

How the Safari has changed my perspective towards daily commute to work I smile ear to ear everytime I drive the beast. It has such commanding presence. Waiting to take it for a long highway excursion.
Old 6th August 2015, 23:30   #282
BHPian

Quote:
How the Safari has changed my perspective towards daily commute to work I smile ear to ear everytime I drive the beast. It has such commanding presence. Waiting to take it for a long highway excursion.
Nice to know you are enjoying your ride. Although I have test driven this truck through light traffic, I am bit skeptical about driving it in daily, dense, bumper to bumper traffic. If you could elaborate your daily drive it would help fence-sitters like me take a call.

Also what was your previous ride?
Old 6th August 2015, 23:39   #283
BHPian

My daily drive to work is without a traffic light. This for Delhi is highly uncommon. But it never ends there, everyday I drive around 20 kms additionally because I just like it. I don't feel any problem driving in congested traffic areas, read south ex. However, due to the initial running in time I maintain the rpm between 2000-2200. This does not provide a smooth upshift unless the road ahead is clear especially moving from second to third gear. This should get Ok when I start pushing it to 2500 rpm after a few thousand kilometres.

Also my previous ride was a mix between a bicycle, Enfield and Hyundai accent

Last edited by Libra : 6th August 2015 at 23:41. Reason: Added text
Old 7th August 2015, 07:03   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Nice to know you are enjoying your ride. Although I have test driven this truck through light traffic, I am bit skeptical about driving it in daily, dense, bumper to bumper traffic. If you could elaborate your daily drive it would help fence-sitters like me take a call.

Also what was your previous ride?
From my experience, safari feels big initially, say for a week or so. But then you get used to the dimensions and turning radius. Infact I find driving safari in traffic easier than beat or swift, since autowallah to the metro bus will give way to a safari. But finding parking space is a royal pain for this 4.7m beast.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 09:02   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Infact I find driving safari in traffic easier than beat or swift, since autowallah to the metro bus will give way to a safari. But finding parking space is a royal pain for this 4.7m beast.
I am in full agreement with this. The first time I experience this was 10 years back when I borrowed by brother in laws safari when my Indica had stuck in the workshop. It was much easier to drive in the congested road leading to my apartment. Now I have a Grande MKKII and Vista. I feel the same. Those who don't pay heed to the Vista and cut into my lane don't do the same when I am driving the larger vehicle. But parking in narrow space is always an issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks