Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 13:37   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Thank you, black looks fabulous to me . I am looking for nice 4x4 stickers. Any idea where can I get them?
Congratulations on the beast Libra Instead of 4X4 stickers why don't you go with the explorer edition stickers which is available at Tata dealers.

If you still prefer 4X4 stickers, you can visit a local sticker shop and you can choose from different type of stickers which they will have.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 14:02   #257
BHPian

I just received a call from Concorde pune and they have told me that from 16th July onwards LBT is 4% instead of 2%, Now it seems the 4x4 storme is costing me almost 33,000 more than the original price quoted.

Is there anyone I can approach to check the LBT. Pune corporation website is of no help in this case.
Old 30th July 2015, 21:04   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations on the beast Libra Instead of 4X4 stickers why don't you go with the explorer edition stickers which is available at Tata dealers.

If you still prefer 4X4 stickers, you can visit a local sticker shop and you can choose from different type of stickers which they will have.
Thank you. I don't like the explorer edition stickers and I think an understated 4x4 sticker is more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Ask your TASC if they have the 4x4 stickers/decals that were used on the Safari Dicor 2.2 4x4. They look really good, but not wannabe and in your face.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks vikram, checked with them. It seems the 4x4 stickers don't come any longer

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2015 at 09:52. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 31st July 2015, 16:02   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my Storme has arrived. I went in to check the vehicle at the stockyard today. Blame it on the expensive real estate in Delhi down town but the location is good enough for an off road trial. Initially I was fuming on how badly the new vehicles are stocked, but couldn't help smiling when I saw the black guy. Parked in foot long grass it seemed to be in surroundings best suited. Wednesday it is when I drive it home.
Congratulations Libra, my earlier post doesn't seem to be appearing wherein I had conveyed the same.

I really liked the pictures which reaffirm my choice over the other SUV's/Jeep.

Happy driving! However, any niggles in the first few days?
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 21:23   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my Storme has arrived. I went in to check the vehicle at the stockyard today. Blame it on the expensive real estate in Delhi down town but the location is good enough for an off road trial. Initially I was fuming on how badly the new vehicles are stocked, but couldn't help smiling when I saw the black guy. Parked in foot long grass it seemed to be in surroundings best suited. Wednesday it is when I drive it home.
Congratulation Libra for bringing the beast home. I wish you miles and years of niggle free drive. Also, liked the pictures of the beast in black and it looks lovely and macho as ever.

Awaiting some more pics including the interiors.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2015, 22:26   #261
BHPian

Hi,

I have some questions related to the floor mats for Tata Safari Storme.

1. I got the stock floor mats at the time of purchase and now I want to upgrade to a better quality mats. I looked up the internet and found many listings of 3D mats. Are they good enough or should I go for something else. Please help!

2. I also checked with Tata guys and they said that they do not sell the mats for third row. Can somebody suggest where to get one?

Cheers
Old 1st August 2015, 12:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Libra, 99rpm has the original 4x4 sticker that Safari used to have.
http://www.99rpm.com/tata/emblems-2-2-vtt-safari.html

For better ones, Ebay off course!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/4x4-decals
Thank you, I saw them. E Bay ones look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Congratulations Libra, my earlier post doesn't seem to be appearing wherein I had conveyed the same.

I really liked the pictures which reaffirm my choice over the other SUV's/Jeep.

Happy driving! However, any niggles in the first few days?
Thank you. No niggles yet. It's a great driving experience. A colleague who owns a Dicor for the last few years was pleasantly surprised with the changes in the storme. Got A/T tires after taking a recommendation from Tanveer, they look and drive great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Congratulation Libra for bringing the beast home. I wish you miles and years of niggle free drive. Also, liked the pictures of the beast in black and it looks lovely and macho as ever.

Awaiting some more pics including the interiors.

Cheers
Thank you. I noticed that you have got one yourself. Many congratulations. I haven't done any changes to the interiors and my photography skills are not even a patch on our expert reviewer. Will post a few pictures of the exteriors soon.

Last edited by Libra : 1st August 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Typo correction
Old 1st August 2015, 17:31   #263
BHPian

Here are a few more pictures

Have a great weekend guys!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-4.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-2.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-1.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_3218__1438428643_182.64.250.6.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-5.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-6.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd August 2015 at 19:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30-min window to add content to your post.
Libra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:43   #264
BHPian

Hello Libra,

How much did the nudge guard cost? And what make it is?. I have the TATA explorer edition nudge guard (half size!). This one looks way better!
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:14   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Hello Libra,

How much did the nudge guard cost? And what make it is?. I have the TATA explorer edition nudge guard (half size!). This one looks way better!
Hi buddy, thank you. This one costed me 8500+500 for the fitting. I didn't like the ones offered by concorde. Researched on the Web and came across this brand - Goldsun. They have excellent stuff. The guard looks better than what the picture captures.
Libra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:40   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have some questions related to the floor mats for Tata Safari Storme.

1. I got the stock floor mats at the time of purchase and now I want to upgrade to a better quality mats. I looked up the internet and found many listings of 3D mats. Are they good enough or should I go for something else. Please help!

2. I also checked with Tata guys and they said that they do not sell the mats for third row. Can somebody suggest where to get one?

Cheers
I recently got my XUV done with 3M Nomad mats. They are surely expensive but worth the money. They are custom-cut to fit the size. Maintenance is really easy plus the dust, dirt do not show up either.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:46   #267
BANNED

Pic at post #249 shows how Storme has totally eclipsed XUV. I'm leaning towards Strome/Scorpio now after seeing the 17 lakh AT Creta. If only, Storme had AT. Scorpio does but my local dealer is still clueless as to when it will arrive for a test drive.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:42   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I recently got my XUV done with 3M Nomad mats. They are surely expensive but worth the money. They are custom-cut to fit the size. Maintenance is really easy plus the dust, dirt do not show up either.

Thanks for the help with this.

I just called up 3M guys and enquired with them about the Nomad mats for Tata Safari Storme and they quoted 7000 bucks for custom fit for two rows. No coverage for the third row or boot area.

Is this pricing ok? Also, did you get the third row of XUV also covered or just the first two rows? How much did they charge you?
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:45   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Pic at post #249 shows how Storme has totally eclipsed XUV. I'm leaning towards Strome/Scorpio now after seeing the 17 lakh AT Creta. If only, Storme had AT. Scorpio does but my local dealer is still clueless as to when it will arrive for a test drive.
I must tell you the this eclipse was completely non intentional. In the narrow by lanes of South Delhi this is the only parking I got outside a temple. Needless to say I quickly sent it to all my friends who own an XUV.
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:40   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help with this.

I just called up 3M guys and enquired with them about the Nomad mats for Tata Safari Storme and they quoted 7000 bucks for custom fit for two rows. No coverage for the third row or boot area.

Is this pricing ok? Also, did you get the third row of XUV also covered or just the first two rows? How much did they charge you?
I was quoted almost same price by Mr. Yogender, manager of 3M, kailash colony. I probed for discounts and settled for Rs. 6200 net for the two rows. My third row is hardly used and the Mats provided complementary by the dealer are good enough to take care of the last row. Moral of the story- 3M does give discounts on the quoted price.
@libra- even though I own a XUV now but got no shame in accepting that Storme totally overshadowed the XUV there . Its stance is absolutely unmatched.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 2nd August 2015 at 21:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks