Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 12:09   #1456
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Decided to ignore, and reached a pitstop at Krishnamurti, some 90 kms away. Checked the app again and pressure was between 31.5- 33 in each tire.
That's because the tyre are hot after the 90km drive. Check once again after they are cold.
Old 29th May 2016, 19:46   #1457
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
So, yesterday, stopped at a Shell bunk before driving to Pondicherry. To my shock, the at the pump showed 2 psi less for each tire. Filled 32 in each tire. felt bad about doubting the app.

Moved away from the pump, and checked the app again, and it showed 28- 29 for each tire! Decided to ignore, and reached a pitstop at Krishnamurti, some 90 kms away. Checked the app again and pressure was between 31.5- 33 in each tire.
The TPMS is highly accurate and I can vouch for it.
Usually, it takes some time for the TPMS to sync with the app.
So be happy enjoy driving.
Old 29th May 2016, 20:26   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That's because the tyre are hot after the 90km drive. Check once again after they are cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
The TPMS is highly accurate and I can vouch for it.
Usually, it takes some time for the TPMS to sync with the app.
So be happy enjoy driving.
Yea, when cold it shows lower pressure. 1.2TSI, I first noticed this when I filled air while going to office in morning, and checking the pressure, via the app, in evening. I would have driven 15 kms, and for 80 mins, from the petrol bunk till my office. This would have given sufficient time for the TPMS to sync with the app?
Old 30th May 2016, 09:30   #1459

Hello my fellow Team-BHPians and XUV lovers,

Extremely happy and excited to have finally been approved and a proud Team-BHPian now.
I had been following all threads related to the XUV 500, since the launch of it’s new-age model. I send out my heartfelt thanks to the members of Team-BHP for helping me choose the car with confidence.

I had recently taken delivery of my XUV 500 W6 refresh model - Volcano Black.
In complete love with it. Having driven a Scorpio for the last 6 years, the XUV is a completely refined SUV.

Details of purchase:

Dealer : Susee Mahindra, Madurai.
Price : 13,07,784 (Was quoted Rs. 13,46,684 and then given a discount of Rs. 38,900 as I had booked under Mahindra’s March offer scheme)
Insurance : Rs. 35,459 (Was quoted Rs. 56,903, but later given a discount)

In total : Rs. 15,55,161

Accessories :
Fog lamp + Chrome - Rs. 5,500
Mahindra side steps - Rs. 10,800 (was given as a complementary fitting)

Done 2000+ kms.

Major issues faced till date :

Though I had done a PDI before taking delivery, I wasn’t allowed to test drive my car inside the stock yard.
The car was delivered to our house on the date we had requested. Since the first time we had taken it for a ride we felt there was a problem with the clutch. The moment we step on the clutch, there seemed to be something stopping it from being disengaged. There was a feeling like the clutch was getting stuck at a particular point. When more pressure was applied, it causes a very loud 'tick' sound after which the clutch gets disengaged smoothly.

I immediately called the dealership and spoke with the PDI team. They claimed that they had recorded no such issue during PDI and also said that the car being new, the clutch cylinders are generally hard at the beginning.

But we kept facing this problem which began to get very annoying and also caused a very bad driving experience!
I then took the car to the dealership and had the PDI team inspect the problem again.
Even without proper diagnosis of the problem I was given this reply by the PDI- "Sir you have driven the vehicle for just 250kms. The clutch is generally hard at the beginning. After 500kms if you face the problem please come back we'll have a look at it."

Clearly frustrated I escalated the issue with Mahindra, but failed to get any timely response from them.

I then took my car to the dealership again, but this time not to the PDI team but to the Service Team and had them inspect the issue. The problem was immediately identified to be a faulty Mass Cylinder (MC). The service team immediately arranged for a replacement of the MC under warranty and got the job done in half a day. All is well now.

Only after I had the problem solved did I get a call from Mahindra to ask what my complaint was about!
Anyway, have already taken the beast out for long drives and in total love with it. Looking forward to many more happy miles. I'll post pictures of my beast soon.
Anand_Mur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:21   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Hello my fellow Team-BHPians and XUV lovers,

Extremely happy and excited to have finally been approved and a proud Team-BHPian now.
I had been following all threads related to the XUV 500, since the launch of it’s new-age model. I send out my heartfelt thanks to the members of Team-BHP for helping me choose the car with confidence.

Only after I had the problem solved did I get a call from Mahindra to ask what my complaint was about!
Anyway, have already taken the beast out for long drives and in total love with it. Looking forward to many more happy miles. I'll post pictures of my beast soon.
Hii Anand welcome to team bhp and the xuv club. It's good to know your problem has been rectified albeit with some difficulty. I too wasn't allowed to drive the vehicle during the PDI. However most of the faults found during the PDI were rectified prior delivery and I must applaud Mahindra for that.
The legendary customer service has been an absolute downer for me as I have been waiting for their response since 2 weeks.
Would love to see pictures of your black beast and she must be absolutely smashing in black.
Wishing you many munching miles
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 17:27   #1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii Anand welcome to team bhp and the xuv club. It's good to know your problem has been rectified albeit with some difficulty. I too wasn't allowed to drive the vehicle during the PDI. However most of the faults found during the PDI were rectified prior delivery and I must applaud Mahindra for that.
The legendary customer service has been an absolute downer for me as I have been waiting for their response since 2 weeks.
Would love to see pictures of your black beast and she must be absolutely smashing in black.
Wishing you many munching miles
Hello Vinitbhavi. Thank you very much.
Yes, she is absolutely stunning, I'll post pictures soon.

And that's true. I believe, having a good rapport with the service manager / customer relationship manager at our dealership gets problems fixed faster compared to raising our complaint with Mahindra's customer service team. Or rather that's how things have worked for me till date
Anand_Mur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 19:45   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe, having a good rapport with the service manager / customer relationship manager at our dealership gets problems fixed faster compared to raising our complaint with Mahindra's customer service team. Or rather that's how things have worked for me till date
Just a little advice, Get friendly with a couple of service advisors at the service centre that you would visit with your car for any works, Just make them understand indirectly that you'll take care of them if they take care of the car well, Always remember the bill amount you "Have" to pay, Couple of bucks extra given to the SA does wonder, Speaking from my experience both at the Mahindra and VW service centres.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:13   #1463
BHPian

did any one get a recall for XUV Facelift call from mahindra dealer? about a leakage in gearbox? Nov 2015 batch

Last edited by newtonMeter : 31st May 2016 at 11:13. Reason: precise
Old 31st May 2016, 11:59   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Just a little advice, Get friendly with a couple of service advisors at the service centre that you would visit with your car for any works, Just make them understand indirectly that you'll take care of them if they take care of the car well, Always remember the bill amount you "Have" to pay, Couple of bucks extra given to the SA does wonder, Speaking from my experience both at the Mahindra and VW service centres.
I am totally against giving cash. I have had good rapport with technician with Suzuki and Mahindra service centres. I generally give them a good feeler by discussing and talking about their work and family etc. If we go for a test drive, we may have a cool drink or coffee at the max. In couple of instances I have invited them home during some function. This works good. Somehow I am not comfortable with giving money. But I know few of them who give little extra money and the job gets done.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 13:23   #1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssunil View Post
I couldn’t have expected more when I bought my first SUV, New age XUV 5OO W6 and also was included into Team-BHP community almost at the same time.
---------
Attachment 1507796
Hello Sunil,

Thank you for the pictures. I own a W6 as well. Can you please help me out with the following?

1) Tailgate applique with chrome - Did you have to replace it as a set or did you just have to replace the black bezel part alone with chrome? And how much did it cost you?

2) You have got rear camera installed, it couldn't be done below the tailgate applique?

3) From the picture you have posted, aren't you able to access reverse camera from the 'Car info' section? It still seems to be greyed out. And if possible can you post a picture of how the camera works along with the sensors. The distance to closest object is displayed?

4) How much did the OEM alloys cost you?

Sorry for too many questions!

Hello guys,

Why can't we switch on High beams when on Auto headlight mode? Or is there a problem with mine?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2016 at 22:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Old 31st May 2016, 13:42   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why can't we switch on High beams when on Auto headlight mode?
No, it is not possible to switch on high beams when auto headlight is enabled. It is as per design and is mentioned in owners manual.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 18:00   #1467
BHPian

Hi I guys need some information on the ICE. I can't seem to find the way to toggle between present FM channels from the steering. The same knob which is used to skip /move to the next song on iPhone /USB doesn't skip to the next saved FM station.
Also if anyone knows how to mute the maps during navigation bcoz in spite of keeping minimum map volume the sound still decreased when playing music while giving directions.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:43   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hi I guys need some information on the ICE. I can't seem to find the way to toggle between present FM channels from the steering.
Welcome to a Mahindra vehicle again, Where you cannot change the FM radio channels using the steering mounted controls, Only way to change it is to use your one hand while driving.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:46   #1469
BHPian

If you press the phone buttons on the steering wheel while in radio mode, the channel will change .10 with each press (IE 94.30 >> one press>> 94.40). Press and hold to change till you reach next station. Will check tonight if it will seek automatically. Have not tried as it is easier to just press the station buttons on screen.

To lower the navigation volume, you have to do it from the navigation screen. I think it is in settings>volume.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:54   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
If you press the phone buttons on the steering wheel while in radio mode, the channel will change .10 with each press (IE 94.30 >> one press>> 94.40). Press and hold to change till you reach next station. Will check tonight if it will seek automatically. Have not tried as it is easier to just press the station buttons on screen.

To lower the navigation volume, you have to do it from the navigation screen. I think it is in settings>volume.
That is very inconvenient though, Changing it from the touch screen is really easy but one hand has to be taken off which is just not acceptable, Hence i always just listen to my stored music via bluetooth or USB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks