Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 10:42   #1351
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Can you post the video of the windscreen washer malfunctioning?
Thanks for the explanation on the relay. Here is the video of the malfunction:

Last edited by ajayclicks : 16th May 2016 at 10:44. Reason: video not getting embeded
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 11:04   #1352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

Thanks for the explanation on the relay. Here is the video of the malfunction
Hope the is no air lock or any kind of blockage in the lines + spray nozzle? Can you please use a safety pin and clean the nozzle once and retry.

Is the motor running continuously when you pull the stalk?
Old 16th May 2016, 11:09   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Hope the is no air lock or any kind of blockage in the lines + spray nozzle? Can you please use a safety pin and clean the nozzle once and retry.

Is the motor running continuously when you pull the stalk?
The dealer is supposed to pick my car up to investigate a few rattles, and also replace a bumper cladding. Will ask him to check for blockage or airlock in the lines and nozzle. I am not sure about the motor running, I can't hear any noise or hum. The wipers move, as they are supposed to.
Old 16th May 2016, 11:11   #1354
BANNED

Quote:
I am not sure about the motor running, I can't hear any noise or hum. The wipers move, as they are supposed to.
Ask someone to sit in the car and pull the wiper stalk and when pulled the motor inside the hood will start.

PS: Do try this with engine & infotainment system off.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 11:41   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Ask someone to sit in the car and pull the wiper stalk and when pulled the motor inside the hood will start.

PS: Do try this with engine & infotainment system off.
The motor hums. The dealer is sending a driver to pick up the vehicle to address some other issues, will mention this to him as well.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:12   #1356
KAN
BHPian

Advise requested:
It is really a shame to have the legacy issues/niggles in the new XUV but it will be useful to understand if anyone has found a remediation.
1. The issue of outside odour coming in during circulation off mode
2. The issue of improper cleaning of windshield by wipers

1. the outside odour issue has been there and tactically I have managed to workaround with on-off of the circulation. In the recent service (10K) the service advisor said that they have done some greasing so that the vents close properly.
2. The wind shield wiper blades wear-off and do not clean properly leaving a patch of uncleaned wind shield area while operating. The issue was with one wiper at 5k service now with both at 10k service. Both the times the service centre guys adjusted wipers to solve the issue. But I think this is just a temp solution. Anyone who has managed to solve this? Not sure if it is possible to attach some other brand wipers (Honda?) etc to overcome this problem?
Old 16th May 2016, 14:57   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post

2. The wind shield wiper blades wear-off and do not clean properly leaving a patch of uncleaned wind shield area while operating. The issue was with one wiper at 5k service now with both at 10k service. Both the times the service centre guys adjusted wipers to solve the issue. But I think this is just a temp solution. Anyone who has managed to solve this? Not sure if it is possible to attach some other brand wipers (Honda?) etc to overcome this problem?

It has been the same for me, And it is just very annoying, Yes everytime they just do some setting with the wiper and it works fine for a few days but then again the same thing happens, The wiper doesn't clean the windshield properly at all, This problem was present in the old generation XUV as well, Only way around i had found was to use a aftermarket wiper blades, The blades are thin but cleans well, Only downside? The bulky stock wipers look good and compliments the car, The aftermarket ones look very tiny in front of the stock ones.
Old 16th May 2016, 20:26   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
I have not noticed any obvious reflection. Neither from the ODO, nor from the lounge lighting. Infact, the cowl on top of the ODO is supposed to hide the reflection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Advise requested:
It is really a shame to have the legacy issues/niggles in the new XUV but it will be useful to understand if anyone has found a remediation.
1. The issue of outside odour coming in during circulation off mode
2. The issue of improper cleaning of windshield by wipers

1. the outside odour issue has been there and tactically I have managed to workaround with on-off of the circulation. In the recent service (10K) the service advisor said that they have done some greasing so that the vents close properly.
2. The wind shield wiper blades wear-off and . Anyone who has managed to solve this? Not sure if it is possible to attach some other brand wipers (Honda?) etc to overcome this problem?
Hii ajay what I meant was reflection from the twin dials read the ODO not the infotainment system which is covered by the cowl. I have noticed it today again as well.
The cowl itself has got a generous coating of Polish by the Mahindra guys and reflects to no ends in the day time.

KAN I can further confirm the outside odour issue is present in the latest batch of the refresh models of the cheetah as well.
Earlier like in the SX4 in auto mode the outside fresh air is activated which happened in the xuv as well. But after an hour drive with ac on manual mode the outside air was let in almost 2-3 times in spite of circulation being on at all times . Is there a fix for this especially in a brand new car other than manually on-off.
Old 16th May 2016, 21:38   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii ajay what I meant was reflection from the twin dials read the ODO not the infotainment system which is covered by the cowl. I have noticed it today again as well.
The cowl itself has got a generous coating of Polish by the Mahindra guys and reflects to no ends in the day time.
Hi Vinit, there is a cowl kinda thing on the top of those two dial as well. You check my YouTube video a few posts up. I think those avoid reflections as well. I have not noticed any obvious reflection in my vehicle. I will check tomorrow, once I get my vehicle back.
Old 16th May 2016, 22:31   #1360
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hii ajay yup the cowl is there on the twin dials as well and I did see the you tube video you've put up. The reflection wouldn't be seen with so much ambient lighting. I will try to take a picture of it which happens at night with very low surrounding lights so it would be much more clear.
Another observation, the navigation system resets to full volume and the voice to default British male each time the system / vehicle is restarted. Is it supposed to reset everytime.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 16th May 2016 at 22:40.
Old 16th May 2016, 22:35   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has tried using the HDC? I just wanted to confirm if the clutch has to be fully depressed while the HDC is active and the car is braking on its own, I tried it today and had to keep the clutch engaged till the end.

For some reason i thought we need to just slot it in the gear and leave the clutch.
Old 16th May 2016, 22:52   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii ajay yup the cowl is there on the twin dials as well and I did see the you tube video you've put up. The reflection wouldn't be seen with so much ambient lighting. I will try to take a picture of it which happens at night with very low surrounding lights so it would be much more clear.
Another observation, the navigation system resets to full volume and the voice to default British male each time the system / vehicle is restarted. Is it supposed to reset everytime.
Hi Vinit, this particular video was shot in the morning. I used the car last night, but did not notice any reflections- atleast to the extent where it becomes a distraction. I am expecting to pick up my car tomorrow, will check again at night. Frankly with the "cowl" on top of the two dials, plus the entire section being covered by another "cowl", i would be surprised to see any reflections.

Did not check the navigation system that closely, as currently am driving in the city.
Old 16th May 2016, 22:57   #1363

I couldn’t have expected more when I bought my first SUV, New age XUV 5OO W6 and also was included into Team-BHP community almost at the same time.

I'll try my best to keep this post specific to new improvements in W6 variant which Mahindra introduced for the vehicles manufactured on or after March/2016, extra accessories opted for and buying experience.

It all began when I was searching for 7 seater SUV around 10-15 lakhs for daily commuting and weekend long drives.

I considered Mahindra Scorpio, Thar CRDE, and XUV 5OO:
  • Mahindra Scorpio - Though the new generation Scorpio had several improvements compared to the old model, personally I was not impressed with the exteriors considering it was a major upgrade after 10 years of its launch.
  • Mahindra Thar - As some of the TBhpians mentioned - It is a Heart vs Mind decision. Long story said short, I had to drop the idea of buying Thar after taking my Dad and spouse for a test drive
  • XUV 5OO - 7 seater that’s a plus for me. Looks are Great. Also, a new age XUV was launched recently. Easy to drive within the city and also on highways. Moreover, W6 had all the features which I was looking for. The ex-showroom price difference between W6 and W8 was almost 2 lakhs so thought of upgrading W6 with the accessories that I required.

I visited all three Mahindra showrooms in Bangalore- Anant, India Garage and Sireesh. Both Sireesh and India garage surprisingly was not too eager to push XUV sales. However, Anant motors were proactive and offered a better discount as well. Anant offered me Rs: 25000 cash discount and also a discount on accessories of Rs: 16,000.

During March 1st to April 1st - the ex-showroom price was changed twice:
  • 12,95,000 - XUV models manufactured before March/2016
  • 13,07,000 - XUV models with 'additional features (mainly Infotainment and Power ORVMs)' for vehicle manufactured in the month of March/2016 AND before the union budget price hike on infrastructure cess (1% luxury tax on cars above Rs 10 lakh, and 4% on higher engine capacity cars)
  • 13,54,000 - XUV models with additional features booked on or after April 1st/2016 with new infrastructure cess.

Initially, I booked XUV W6 at the ex-showroom price of 12,95,000 to avoid paying a higher amount due to increase in infrastructure cess. Just before the day when my XUV was all set to be sent to vehicle registration, I learnt from Team-BHP that Mahindra has upgraded W6 with a couple of new features and also increased the price by 12,000.

When I checked with Sales Advisor in Anant, I got to know that the I would be getting a January model and it will not have the new features.
I insisted Anant to deliver the new model with additional features as I booked the vehicle in March and they agreed for an ex-showroom price of 13,07,000. Had to wait for some more time for delivery. Finally, the vehicle got delivered with the following accessories:
  • Rear Guard
  • Fog Lamps with Bezel
  • Tailgate Accent
  • Classy foot Step (New Model)
  • Reverse Parking Camera (Due to upgrade in Infotainment system for W6, a separate dashboard console is not required)
  • Exchange -Alloy Wheels Speed Rim OEM- 4Nos
  • Total Amount: 71551 (after 16K discount)

Some Pics:
Fog Lamps with Bezel
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8757_1024.jpg

Classy Foot Steps - Looks elegant and helps elder people to get in and out of the car
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8749_1024.jpg

Rear Gaurd - This was a necessity in Bangalore traffic to avoid any dents from fellow Bikers (not all of them, though)
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8743_1024.jpg

Tailgate Accent
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8740_1024.jpg

OEM Alloy wheels - Initially thought to opt for Speed Rim alloys, changed my mind after seeing a couple of instances wherein the alloys were dismantled. Though it was expensive, opted for OEM alloys.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8747_1024.jpg

Boot Space. Not practical- Hardly there is any space. Two laptop bags can fit in.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8778_1024.jpg

Power ORVMs- New added feature in W6 - Notice the first round button to operate the ORVMs.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8786_1024.jpg

The new infotainment system is equipped with GPS
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8795_1024.jpg

Sound Quality not up to the mark, no Bass effect. Honda City had a better one, even Brio too. This an area which I'm looking for an upgrade which doesn't eat up the boot space for amplifiers/woofers.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8797_1024.jpg

Dual tone color of the interior looks bright and pleasant but prone to attract dirt.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8770_1024.jpg

Second-row passengers have acres of leg space.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8772_1024.jpg

Average Mileage - I was getting an average of 10 kml which is not bad in city limits
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8802_1024.jpg

Dashboard Console - Has plenty of features to offer which I'm slowly exploring
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8801_1024.jpg

Reverse Parking Assist - Now with the upgrade to infotainment system in W6, only reverse parking camera is sufficient. No extra device on Dashboard or Mirror mounting is required. At least 2K is saved here for the accessory.
Pardon for the picture quality, this was taken from my mobile.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_2660.jpg_1024.jpg

Finally,Team-BHPian. Happy to be part of the community.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8769_1024.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-thumb_img_8807_1024.jpg
sssunil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 23:37   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssunil View Post
I couldn’t have expected more when I bought my first SUV, New age XUV 5OO W6 and also was included into Team-BHP community almost at the same time.
Congratulations on your purchase. Within a two days of taking delivery of my XUV, I drove down to Goa. While cleaning the car, upon my return, found a few metallic lettering, with some black sticky substance in the rear door panel- in the space they have provided to keep bottles etc.

After looking at your pictures, I realize that "Mahindra" is missing from my car. The tail gate section of my car had a pre-PDI issue, with a small wrinkle on left hand side of the curvy design that is there in the center of the boot section. Maybe the letters fell off, and they couldn't be bothered to put them back!
Old 17th May 2016, 00:14   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssunil View Post

Attachment 1507796
Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase.

After looking at your pictures, I realize that "Mahindra" is missing from my car. The tail gate section of my car had a pre-PDI issue, with a small wrinkle on left hand side of the curvy design that is there in the center of the boot section. Maybe the letters fell off, and they couldn't be bothered to put them back!

Hii ssunil congratulations on the double whammy of the team bhp membership and getting the cheetah. I too got the Silver cheetah W8 AWD refresh last Monday but looks like you have beat me to the pictures posted. All of which are absolutely crisp and commendable considering this is your first post.
The Silver cheetah is very rare especially in the face-lift avatar on the forum and glad to share this awesome color.
I'm raising one year old twins and there's only so much time I get but will be putting up my pictures which I still have to click soon
Wish you many munching miles.

Ajay now that's really wierd that the guys at mahindra cannot check out the vehicle efficiently and don't even bother when it's their brand name in question.
Which makes it increasingly more important to carry out a PDI ourselves.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 17th May 2016 at 00:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks