Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 22:17   #106
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

For people looking for a roof carrier for XUV, below is a very eye-pleasing option to explore. It seems to be retrofitted maintaining original look of the car. Only problem is - I am unable to source it from anywhere in Delhi-NCR. The pics are from suncardecors.com webpage.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv500luggagecarrier.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-innovaluggagecarrier3.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-ertigaluggagecarrier1.jpg
superbhikari is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 22:24   #107
BHPian

This is definitely looking awesum. It looks handily detachable to me. Is it ? Usually the roof carriers kill the look, despite being an absolute necessity in xuv. Thanks a ton for the share and do let me know if you are able to source it in delhi ncr

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 17th June 2015 at 22:25.
Old 17th June 2015, 22:26   #108
BHPian

A much awaited review is finally here. Brilliant comparison there folks and this precisely gives the new buyer a complete story of what he can expect in the updated version. The way, the old and the new XUV was compared is excellent. I have been waiting to get myself and my family a MUV/SUV and now the wait is for the new Innova to launch. Mahindra's have come a long way but the little things that they do not pay attention to still holds me back. Hopefully a test drive this weekend would keep my assumptions to rest. But my head still says "Wait for the Innova"
Old 18th June 2015, 10:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The headsup display which is provided as an accessory is really good for the price, it does the following things.
1. Shows current speed of the vehicle
2. Speed can be set from where the headsup display will start showing the speed for example if ill set the speed to 20 kph it will start showing the speed once 20 kph is crossed.
3. Brightness level can be adjusted, its fairly visible during a sunny day as well.
4. It will make a warning beep everytime the vehicle crosses 100kph.
5. Speed warning alert.
Does someone have any pics of the headsup display? I am not sure which accessory this is and whats the price point?
Old 18th June 2015, 10:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would suggest you to go for Handirack roof Carrie which is easily removable. Check this video
Exactly what I was looking for fusionbang. Thanks a lot. Sadly none of the staff in the Service centre seems to have a clue about what the Handirack is. Even the guys who look after the accessories were clueless.
Gotta show this video to them.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th June 2015 at 10:07. Reason: Removing Youtube URL from quoted post.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Does someone have any pics of the headsup display? I am not sure which accessory this is and whats the price point?
There you go,

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-06ed0eac87084ab9a6d8074b457a9c501f8c5749f390480086e899b00ce360d8.jpg

Its priced at around 3500Rs.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:19   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
IIRC, the XUV ODO can be reset to zero ONCE during the first 250 kms or so.
Typically dealers do the reset at the time of delivery and give a car with zero on the odo to the happy owner.
Thanks SDP for clarifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BHPians sure have eagle eyes!
GTO - Guess that separates us from the mango people
Old 18th June 2015, 10:22   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There you go,

Attachment 1383171

Thanks for the pic Tanveer. Is this your car? When did you take delivery? Also can you post a detailed review on the heads up display. I was contemplating on the same, but I have couple of doubts

1. Does it display only the speed of the vehicle or any other parameters?
2. How is it connected and placed on the dashboard? Is it connected to the 12V socket or directly to any of the wiring?
3. Also can you post different pics for day & night?

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th June 2015, 10:33   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for the pic Tanveer. Is this your car? When did you take delivery? Also can you post a detailed review on the heads up display. I was contemplating on the same, but I have couple of doubts

1. Does it display only the speed of the vehicle or any other parameters?
2. How is it connected and placed on the dashboard? Is it connected to the 12V socket or directly to any of the wiring?
3. Also can you post different pics for day & night?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, Yes its my car, i had taken the delivery on monday also being the same day this lovely review went live. Will post a detailed review as well in my upcoming ownership thread soon.

1. It shows speed mainly, but there is an option called as "Data" in the menu, selecting it shows 2 different kind of numbers which i am yet to figure out what they are.
2. Its connected directly in the wiring so no 12V socket is used and also the speed which is displayed is almost what the speedometer shows, so it doesn't work on GPS.
3. I will do that by today evening.

Also attaching a pic of both my beasts together.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-c6026260dfef47e59446d01a790b25b785fc7c4944274396a5c1c4ef4b07b2d9.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 10:57   #115
BHPian

@tanveer_2558, nice pic there. And of course same registration number on both of them . Orange is actually looking elegant here, though I thought it might look garish when I only saw it in brochure.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Yes its my car, i had taken the delivery on monday also being the same day this lovely review went live. Will post a detailed review as well in my upcoming ownership thread soon.
Hi Tanveer. Congrats on the purchase of the XUV500. Those rain soaked beasts you have there look fabulous.

And I love how the new XUV500 looks just as modern as the Jetta. The Jetta is one of my favorite executive sedans and the color is just amazing. Can you please share your experience of driving, handling and ride of the XUV with respect to your Jetta? Also, I am waiting for your ownership thread and of course more pics.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
@tanveer_2558, nice pic there. And of course same registration number on both of them . Orange is actually looking elegant here, though I thought it might look garish when I only saw it in brochure.

Hello, thank you very much.
Yes orange or as mahindra named it as sunset orange has a few different looks in different lighting conditions, inside the showroom under the spot lights the car was shining and sparkling just too much, outside on an overcast day the colour just seems elegant like you said and on a sunny day it at times looks a tad too bright for my taste, but eventually i have started liking the color specially when you view it from the aerial view, the black sunroof compliments the color very well.
Old 18th June 2015, 12:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Hi Tanveer. Congrats on the purchase of the XUV500. Those rain soaked beasts you have there look fabulous.

And I love how the new XUV500 looks just as modern as the Jetta. The Jetta is one of my favorite executive sedans and the color is just amazing. Can you please share your experience of driving, handling and ride of the XUV with respect to your Jetta? Also, I am waiting for your ownership thread and of course more pics.
Hello, thank you very much for the appreciation.
My ownership thread for the jetta is almost ready which does have a little bit of comparison but i shall detail about it when i start writing the ownership for the new age xuv soon
Comparing both car's for now all i would like to say is, I am having a very difficult time in selecting one car to drive everyday

@ Mods: Really sorry for the back to back post, i saw karthick's post later on and for some reason the edit option is not visible for me in my previous post and also i cannot upload pictures from the Teambhp app, gives's me some sort of security error.
Old 18th June 2015, 12:28   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There you go,

First of all congrats on your new acquisition. Both the cars look great and are a contrast in color and character as well. It will surely be good to hear your views comparing the two.

Regarding the HUD, it seems more after market and gimmicky to me. Any real value you see with it? I didnt like the open wire that can be seen in your picture.
Old 18th June 2015, 12:34   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
First of all congrats on your new acquisition. Both the cars look great and are a contrast in color and character as well. It will surely be good to hear your views comparing the two.

Regarding the HUD, it seems more after market and gimmicky to me. Any real value you see with it? I didnt like the open wire that can be seen in your picture.

Thanks! Yes 2 different cars with different color's.

I do a lot of night drive (at times even the whole night) It would be helpfull for me that time to keep my speed under control also the speed can be seen by the passenger next to the drivers seat as well so my dad can always keep a check on me easily too
The wire can be seen only if you put your head above the steering wheel, its not visible from anywhere else. Its not a really important thing to have, but a nice addon to have and looks pretty cool in the night too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks