Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 11:55   #1081
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Sireesh continues to push for the 2015 W8 AWD - white colour model. Told him that I want a 2016 W8 Silver, and while on saturday he said 4 weeks, today his interest levels were close to zero. "Sir, if you want Silver only and 2016 only, i have a W8 FWD and W10 AWD"

India Garage too claims he as a 2015 W8 AWD in Silver. He says it is December manufactured. Not sure for how long it is sitting in the yard. He is willing to order a 2016 model, and like Sireesh says that it will take 4 weeks to get one. The RM even claimed that they can show 2016 in the RC book on "payment" to RTO

Both are offering OTR of around 18.4 lacs (minus any accessories), which is 50K less than their quote for 2016 model. Not sure if the 50K saving is enticing enough.

Ananth is the only one who is promising delivery within 15 days, not sure if its an over-promise, or if he can really pull that off. Time to make a few calls.

Was planning to drive down to Goa in March end (for the Good Friday weekend), maybe I should keep an alternative ready (zoom car/ volvo etc.)

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 17th February 2016, 13:11   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
India Garage too claims he as a 2015 W8 AWD in Silver. He says it is December manufactured. Not sure for how long it is sitting in the yard.
Can you not ask for a VIN, decode it and confirm this? Use the PDI checklists (i have one my thread) and do a thorough check and take a call.

RC carries two dates - MFG date and Registration Date. Is he really saying MFG date can be changed??? Not a good idea anyway. Like If I am second buyer and i find out the actual MFG date from VIN and the one on your RC, I know your ill-intentions as owner. So I will definitely keep away from you and the car! Take this just an example, I am not making any judgements

By the way you will not sell this car in next 1-2 years I am assuming. So if you have to keep this for around 5years, why not W10 AWD Its worth the money.
Old 17th February 2016, 14:10   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can you not ask for a VIN, decode it and confirm this? Use the PDI checklists (i have one my thread) and do a thorough check and take a call.

RC carries two dates - MFG date and Registration Date. Is he really saying MFG date can be changed??? Not a good idea anyway. Like If I am second buyer and i find out the actual MFG date from VIN and the one on your RC, I know your ill-intentions as owner. So I will definitely keep away from you and the car! Take this just an example, I am not making any judgements

By the way you will not sell this car in next 1-2 years I am assuming. So if you have to keep this for around 5years, why not W10 AWD Its worth the money.
I wasn't very clear about my post on India Garage. He said that Mahindra had invoiced them 10 days back. So yest, I can use the VIN and decode etc. but am not sure if it was lying the factory for so long, or if it was lying in his yard, and in what condition. And I second you on the dates, not too keen on manipulating things.

Anyways, after discussing this with my family, I have decided to stick to 2016 model. One of the dealers is promising delivery by month end, awaiting the final price from him.

Not too keen on W10. The only thing that entices is the sun-roof. Not sure how practical it will be in our conditions. Plus knowing my kids, this will soon be a nuisance value, if nothing else. I dont plan to drive the car daily, so not able to determine the value of things like "voice messaging" etc. I am moving up from a 2005 Swift LXI, the W8 itself is quite a big jump
Old 20th February 2016, 20:55   #1084

Hi guys!
My stake of interest in the New Age XUV500 has lured me to such an extent that I intend to buy one this week or in the first week of March. I am in awe of this vehicle every time I see one and it always turns my head around. I have zeroed upon the W10 FWD version of the vehicle. BUT!!! There are a few questions that I would like to ask every privileged owner of this car:
1. Is the vehicle really equipped with off-roading capabilities, as I live in J&K and the roads are 'off-roads" most of the time?

2. Does the Break Energy Regeneration really help in the overall mileage of the vehicle?

3. I wish to keep the car for more than 5 years. Will it be of good resale value by then?

4. About the niggles and rattling sounds, as the car will be on off-road like conditions mostly, will it survive these issues or will it have to be taken to the service centre more frequently? Note that the nearest authorised service centre is more than 150 kms.

5. I have heard many people claiming that the actual ground clearance of the car is anywhere between 165mm - 171mm. If that is so than it will be a BIG NO for its purchase as in my case, the more the ground clearance the better.

6. Is the new Toyota Innova Crysta a better buy or should I go with the Scorpio instead? (I have yellow labelled perspective of Innova, plus my budget is around 16 lacs and I getting quotes in the same range).

7. Is the body strength as good as of Tata vehicles or is it more likely to have dents here scratches there?

All of these questions are vital for my purchase.
Old 21st February 2016, 12:12   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
On my request, Tushar did check out the manual specifically for this before returning the car. He mentioned there is nothing in the manual about either the WiFi or the 3G dongle symbols. So most likely those symbols are placeholders for future features.
Does anyone have any update on the 3G and WiFi feature enabling in the infotainment system. Currently the eManual says "feature not available", but there surely must be a way to enable it in the infotainment system.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-3g-dongle.jpg
Old 21st February 2016, 14:12   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Does anyone have any update on the 3G and WiFi feature enabling in the infotainment system. Currently the eManual says "feature not available", but there surely must be a way to enable it in the infotainment system.
I had asked my service advisor during the 1st service of my car regarding the WIFI and 3G feature to which he replied, It might be added later on with a software update, Its not available as of now.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:54   #1087
BANNED

To all XUV 5OO (New Age) owners who ask have installed Dashboard cameras in their respective cars, I have two small questions:

1) Location of the Fuse box inside the cabin (with picture appreciated)

2) Approximate length of wiring required from the said fuse box to IRVM mounting bracket via the A-pillar and headliner.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd February 2016 at 22:06.
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:31   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To all XUV 5OO (New Age) owners who ask have installed Dashboard cameras in their respective cars, I have two small questions:

1) Location of the Fuse box inside the cabin (with picture appreciated)

2) Approximate length of wiring required from the said fuse box to IRVM mounting bracket via the A-pillar and headliner.

Thank you in advance
Hi Anurag,

Me and Avinash have a detailed post on our respective ownership threads on the dash cam hardwiring with pictures. Hope that helps. Below are the links for the same,

fusionbang

abirnale(Avinash)

On length of the wire, I think the standard wire provided with any dashcam should easily suffice and IMO it is somewhere around 5 mts (not sure though).

Last edited by fusionbang : 23rd February 2016 at 22:35.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:37   #1089
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Hi Anurag,

Me and Avinash have a detailed post on our respective ownership threads on the dash cam hardwiring with pictures. Hope that helps. Below are the links for the same
Question 1, got my answer. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks for replying to the Q2

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd February 2016 at 22:56.
Old 26th February 2016, 16:59   #1090
BHPian

A few niggles bothering me on my November 2015~3200kms old W8 viz:

1)1-2 different types of grinding noise from the brakes.
2)Slight vibration above 130 kmphs. (wheel balancing issue)
3)Cruise control : On a trip , if i have to frequently engage - disengage the cruise control , it stops getting activated post 4-5 cycles of engage-disengagement. It starts working all fine till next 3-4-5 engage-disengage cycle on shutting down and restarting the car.
4)Windshield washer spray : a few nozzles are misdirected - a few nozzles are choked . This is right from day 1 . Tried to DIY . It gets rectified for a couple of days and again goes haywire.
5)Headlights - upper beams are misaligned.

Was wondering whether the above issues qualify for my XUV's 1st service center visit or to wait it out till 5000 kms ?

Was worried that if i wait it out till 5000 kms service , they will make me pay for some of the above jobs which are not supposed to be there in a new vehicle in first place.

Last edited by madhu33 : 26th February 2016 at 17:14.
Old 26th February 2016, 17:05   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
...Was worried that if i wait it out till 5000 kms service , they will make me pay for some of the above jobs which are not supposed to be there in a new vehicle anyways .
Why would they make you pay? These are more of "manufacturing defects" and they need to replace / repair at their cost. Moreover, M&M usually is very keen on the resolution free of cost as per the reviews here.

Having said that, if you have to travel a lot, it probably can wait. If it's close by, get it checked please.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 13:56   #1092
BHPian

Do we get any notification from Mahindra, when the dealer places our order, or when the vehicle is dispatched from the plant?

Also, if the duties are raised in the budget, they would be applicable only from 1st April?
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:50   #1093
BHPian

Hi,
I own a new age cheetah W8 and was wondering if I could fit the reverse cam provided in the W10 onto my W8 along with the dynamic reverse assist. I have read about Rakeshtipps mod of fitting the cam near the numberplate as in W10 but I want the OEM stuff. Has anybody tried sourcing one from ASS if yes then cost & whether it is worth the effort & money.
Old 4th March 2016, 16:55   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi,
I own a new age cheetah W8 and was wondering if I could fit the reverse cam provided in the W10 onto my W8 along with the dynamic reverse assist. I have read about Rakeshtipps mod of fitting the cam near the numberplate as in W10 but I want the OEM stuff. Has anybody tried sourcing one from ASS if yes then cost & whether it is worth the effort & money.
I got revere parking camera fitted at showroom, but it doesn't come with dynamic reverse assist. However parking sensors are of great help which works along with camera. You can see actual distance in centimeters on screen. It costed me Rs. 4000/-.
Old 4th March 2016, 22:22   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I got revere parking camera fitted at showroom, but it doesn't come with dynamic reverse assist. However parking sensors are of great help which works along with camera. You can see actual distance in centimeters on screen. It costed me Rs. 4000/-.
Have you fit the same cam which comes in W10, if yes then why didn't you get the dynamic assist because the ICE of W8 & W10 are exactly similar. A few queries regarding your mod.
(a) Did you have to cut any metal in the boot door for fitting.
(b) Is there any connector present for plug n play or did you have to splice the wiring to connect the cam for power & to the display.
(c) Is the cam IR capable & how good is the clarity at night.
Awaiting your reply.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks