Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 17:45   #1006
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

My XUV came with Apollo Apterra as OEM. It has been OK till around 13 K KMS but it is prone to punctures now. I had three punctures on front tyres in last 2 weeks. The nails which made punctures are small ones and I was surprised to see that they can puncture an SUV tyre.

If anyone else has Apterra's, could you please share your experience?
Old 12th January 2016, 20:32   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
My XUV came with Apollo Apterra as OEM. It has been OK till around 13 K KMS but it is prone to punctures now. I had three punctures on front tyres in last 2 weeks. The nails which made punctures are small ones and I was surprised to see that they can puncture an SUV tyre.

Hi

Apollo Appteras are a good set of tyres for the XUV. They are better in most of the aspects with respect to the Bridgestones.

I have did not find them prone to punctures upto 40-50k kms. Possibly you may have been unlucky to have them at such short intervals. Try changing the regular route of commute

And yes small nails can puncture tyres. I have found some small Peebles to puncture tyres as well

If its the same tyre being punctured, try swapping the spare wheel with the damaged tyre.
Old 13th January 2016, 12:35   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammuraly View Post
Hi Karthikshan

I recently brought home a XUV 500 AWD W10, I had lots of apprehensions to exchange my beloved ANHC for the Cheetah. But ever since the upgrade I have been smiling.

Mahindra has most certainly improved things in the facelift. I recently completed a 1200 km trip to Coimbatore and thoroughly enjoyed the drive. The turbo whistle is very addictive in cheetah. The tank to tank method showed 17 km/l and within Chennai city my driving is mostly on OMR, I get a consistent 12 km/l

Like some one said I want a zero rattle car, my city was one even after five years of ownership, with Mahindra I'm impressed but there are some occasional rattles that come and go, I intend to find and fix them during my first service.

I'm putting together an ownership thread that should be up soon
I had driven 1300+ kms immediately after taking out of showroom on highway keeping the speed to 95-110 km/km and used cruise control at some stretches. Got mileage of 14km/l In city I am getting mileage of 12 km/l. I hope that mileage shall increase after first servicing
Old 13th January 2016, 12:58   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have got my first puncture at 16k, It was thin piece of metal just about an inch long, But it did gave my bridgestone a small slow puncture in the rear right tyre. I think its not only the make of the tyre, But also at the places we drive and the road condition to count in.
Old 13th January 2016, 13:12   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have had 5 punctures so far in different tires. 35000kms completed.. TPMS feature is very useful during these times. Not sure whether these tires will cross 50000kms. Next tires will be definitely Bridgestone or MRF.
Old 15th January 2016, 14:35   #1011
BHPian

For new age XUV W8/W10 owners I have a query regarding playing music through USB drive.

1. System always from starts from last song played despite switching off the engine and even taking out USB drive . Only way to start from beginning is to plug IN and OUT blank USB drive and plug USB drive with songs.

2. I can’t see USB folders in the List menu. It shows all options like genre, singers, Album etc.

Please advise
Old 15th January 2016, 15:35   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
For new age XUV W8/W10 owners I have a query regarding playing music through USB drive.

1. System always from starts from last song played despite switching off the engine and even taking out USB drive . Only way to start from beginning is to plug IN and OUT blank USB drive and plug USB drive with songs.

2. I can’t see USB folders in the List menu. It shows all options like genre, singers, Album etc.

Please advise
My experience is exactly opposite. More often than not, the music starts from the first folder, first song. I try switching off the music system gracefully - stopping the song, powering off the ICE, but the problem remains with the next start of the vehicle (it starts from beginning). Pls consider yourself lucky that your ICE is always playing from the last song played

To see the USB folder, you need to scroll down on that left pane, the last option is "Browse Folder". They should have listed this as the first option, bit difficult to discover this. Just flick up on the left pane, you will see this option.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 16:01   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
My experience is exactly opposite. More often than not, the music starts from the first folder, first song. I try switching off the music system gracefully - stopping the song, powering off the ICE, but the problem remains with the next start of the vehicle (it starts from beginning). Pls consider yourself lucky that your ICE is always playing from the last song played

To see the USB folder, you need to scroll down on that left pane, the last option is "Browse Folder". They should have listed this as the first option, bit difficult to discover this. Just flick up on the left pane, you will see this option.
Thanks for informationI never tried scroll down on the left pane. I normally listen to my favorite numbers stored in first folder after starting the vehicle.
Old 15th January 2016, 23:15   #1014
BHPian

I feel Mahindra have given the ICE a mind of its own. At times it plays songs from beginning, at others it plays from where it left off even after removing & inserting the USB or when turned on after few days. Also most of the times it starts playing radio when switched on. There is no regular pattern and it randomly does what it feels like (I am now sure it has some higher form of AI coded in). Come on mahindra please provide an update which lets me control the ICE & not vice versa. Any other owner facing this issue??. Solutions please
Old 15th January 2016, 23:52   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I feel Mahindra have given the ICE a mind of its own. At times it plays songs from beginning, at others it plays from where it left off even after removing & inserting the USB or when turned on after few days. Also most of the times it starts playing radio when switched on. There is no regular pattern and it randomly does what it feels like (I am now sure it has some higher form of AI coded in). Come on mahindra please provide an update which lets me control the ICE & not vice versa. Any other owner facing this issue??. Solutions please
For me the USB will resume playing the song where it left off, It only starts from the beginning when i remove and reinsert the USB again.
Old 16th January 2016, 16:09   #1016
BHPian

Hello, need a little help here. Have a month old XUV500 with a passenger side rear view mirror that is broken. Been waiting for Infinity motors to mend the thing without success for a week.

Is there some other contact who can help me out in Mumbai. It breaks my heart to see a damaged rear view mirror every morning.
Old 16th January 2016, 16:45   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Hello, need a little help here. Have a month old XUV500 with a passenger side rear view mirror that is broken. Been waiting for Infinity motors to mend the thing without success for a week.

Is there some other contact who can help me out in Mumbai. It breaks my heart to see a damaged rear view mirror every morning.
I am sure the Customer Care Exec's name and contact number from Mahindra must be displayed on one of the walls of Infinity Motors. Call him up straight away and tell him your plight. I am sure he will arrange for the part or at least would make sure that the dealer arranges for the part. Mahindra's customer care is very fast and responsive. They will pull the right strings to make the part available.
Old 16th January 2016, 21:35   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
For me the USB will resume playing the song where it left off, It only starts from the beginning when i remove and reinsert the USB again.
You are lucky. Since you own a new age cheetah can you post the software version of the ICE. In my case removing & reinserting the usb doesn't start the songs from beginning.
Old 17th January 2016, 00:25   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
You are lucky. Since you own a new age cheetah can you post the software version of the ICE. In my case removing & reinserting the usb doesn't start the songs from beginning.
Oh, There you go.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-6.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-fullsizerender-7.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 19:55   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am also having the same version but don't know why my ice is behaving awkwardly. I have also noted that at times the ORVM also folds once I switch off the cheetah and have not even pulled out the key. The ICE also changes the folders on its own.

That's why I feel my ICE has a mind of its own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks