Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 11:37   #961
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive on View Post
I am in process of booking an XUV 500.
Even I have decided to buy XUV 500 automatic. Either in W8 or W10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Sireesh Singasandra, Anant cars Bannarghatta road and India Garage are rated good from service point of view.
I am talking with all the three dealers in Bangalore. Sireesh and India Garage have been little slow in follow ups. Anant cars Mysore road are constantly in touch with me. How are Anant cars Mysore road by the way? In any case, all are saying they are yet to recieve test drive car for automatic and I am yet to get a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive on View Post
I am talking with both of them for the year end discounts. Both had first come up with the 60k discount as being talked about on the forum. Right now India Garage seem to walk a little more for a better quote and preferred insurance service provider, Shireesh is yet to get back, though have assured of something good. But the sense I got is, may be the discount will move up by 10 or 15k more. Nothing more than that.
Anant cars are ready to offer me 35k discount for automatic (70k discount for manual) and have said will match whatever insurance quote I can get from outside. Also I have bargained for a side step board. All these seem to be for 2015 make model. Now I thinking of getting 2016 make and I don't know how that will affect the discounts.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:41   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Anant cars Mysore road are constantly in touch with me. How are Anant cars Mysore road by the way? In any case, all are saying they are yet to recieve test drive car for automatic and I am yet to get a test drive.
Congratulations on your decision I bought my XUV from Anant Cars Mysore Road and Mr. Vinay is very prompt in everything be it answering all your queries, PDI, discounts and so on. You can take my name when you talk to them. Let me know if you need help on this.

And yes the automatic test drive cars are not yet available at the showrooms and are expected very soon.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:50   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations on your decision
Thank you.

Quote:
I bought my XUV from Anant Cars Mysore Road and Mr. Vinay is very prompt in everything be it answering all your queries, PDI, discounts and so on. You can take my name when you talk to them. Let me know if you need help on this.
Nice to know this. I am interacting with Mr. Nithin. I will surely contact you if I am in any doubts or confusions. Thanks again.

Quote:
And yes the automatic test drive cars are not yet available at the showrooms and are expected very soon.
I am told by Mr. Nithin that by weekend I may get the test drive. Fingers crossed.
sathya.bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 13:07   #964
BHPian

Hi. Just wanted to find out, if there are any specific advantages of buying an AWD variant over a FWD variant. The driving will be mostly on city roads and sometimes on long highway drives. Almost negligible off-roading. In such a case, will an AWD provide a more comfortable drive over a FWD?
Old 17th December 2015, 15:32   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi. Just wanted to find out, if there are any specific advantages of buying an AWD variant over a FWD variant. The driving will be mostly on city roads and sometimes on long highway drives. Almost negligible off-roading. In such a case, will an AWD provide a more comfortable drive over a FWD?

This XUV-500 FWD vs AWD discussion thread
will answer your query.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 16:34   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thank you. This was just perfect. After reading this thread, it seems like it will be the W10 AWD AT then.
Old 19th December 2015, 17:45   #967
BHPian

Hey to everyone.
I am looking for getting the w10 fwd but there seem to be little complications, which I am hoping, you guys would help me in resolving.

Let me first give you a small history that would help in understanding the situation.
Basically my Dad works for the Army and he is currently posted in Kalimpong.(that is where we are now). With great difficulty I have managed to convince them to go for a w10.(dad wanted Innova for its reliability)
We were looking to get the Xuv through the csd.
One more of my Dad's friend is buying a xuv.
Because of his research he and my dad are now looking to get it together through the CSD in ranchi.(cheaper rates)
Now first problem is driving it back from ranchi.
The distance is about 700kms. Even though me and dad are quite experienced in driving, I was doubtful whether taking the car straight from delivery and driving for a long distance would pose some sort of problem.(no break-in of engine)
Also as we have to go to ranchi to collect the vehicle I was wondering how I should approach the PDI. (we would be there for maximum 2 days. How long do they take to do that whole procedure)

This is where it starts to get more complicated.
Now we were planning to get the car registered in chandigarh.
My dad is getting posted there by end of Jan. Now the dealer was saying the temporary registration validity is only a month. (can this be extended or can we get a longer validity by paying him?)
The 1 month problem comes because we were planning on driving the car from Kalimpong to Chandigarh when we finally leave from here( the whole family is into road trips btw). The distance is about 1800 kms.
What are some suggestions you guys have for this extremely long journey. I do realise that around Jan end Fog would be quite a problem in the entire north of India. I would obviously have to research on routes and try to take something good.
Once again is it OK to actually use the car so early on for longer distances?
Other than this I had a few smaller doubts.
Does the w10 come with fog lamps or do we have to get them done through the dealer?
Also as a lot of you mentioned that low beam not being effective I was thinking of getting those changed. Should I approach the dealer for this?
Lastly I am very confused as to what are the features that are already present and what are the accessories that we have to pay for extra.
Because in the accessories list he(dealer) mentions a lot of things like fog lamps and rear view camera. I was under the impression that xuv w10 came with these pre equipped.

Lastly sorry for the extremely long post.
I am really excited and looking forward to get my hands on the xuv. (I have been driving around in a 1999 zen, so you can understand my excitement).

Thanks in advance for answering any of the queries.
phro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 21:14   #968
Senior - BHPian

@phro
The XUV Manual is geared for 100 kph at just 1900 RPM, the automatic has slightly taller 6th gear,with 100 comming at 1860RPM or so. A long trip on a brand new is no issue, I have done that a number of times, Wagon R, Innova and Ecosport just dont floor the car to high RPM initially till your run in is over. Fog lamps are standard, and the only upgradation you will need is the low beam, using 35W 4300k HID is good, but better do that after a few days, as you will be dealing with no of service stations first Ranchi then Kalingpong and finally Chandigarh.
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:38   #969
BHPian

I recently bought W8 in Oct from Ahmedabad through CSD and drove to Hyderabad with distance of 1300+ Kms. No issues faced. Keep speed limit below 100 km/hr for first 1000 kms.

At Ahmedabad CSD depot, it just took 1 hour to complete the entire process to get the Purchase order for the dealer. Inform dealer at least 3 days in advance before the delivery date, since dealer has to apply for temp registration certificate . Take Engine and Chassis number, if you are planning to get the insurance done from outside. insurance is mandatory to get registration number.

Yes. W8 & W10 both comes with Fog lamps.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:30   #970
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
&

Ankur Singh wrote in to ask the following:
I recently purchased the XUV5OO W10 AWD. Facing an issue since day one with the sunroof - it drops down with a thud and then retracts. I just want to ask others who have faced this problem (N360, KAN, etc) whether his issue has been resolved or not. If yes, then what was done? Service centre guys at my end said they'd have to take off the headliner to see what the problem is. What I examined is that the rubber gasket around the sunroof glass is sticking at the rear side, thus making the thud noise when opened, shaking the headliner et al.

I don't want service people to train on my brand new vehicle, hence need a to the point solution.
Has anyone else had the same issue and resolved it successfully?
Hi Rehaan, this is not solved for me yet. I had checked few more cars and those too seem to open with a thud just that one with my car is louder. As with others the ASC guy advised that they would need to take apart the entire assembly to investigate so I did not go any further on this. The systems work fine just that there is a little thud while opening. So have decided to live with it rather than 'guinea pig' my car.
Old 26th December 2015, 13:58   #971
BHPian

I am getting a 60k discount on W8 AWD here in HP. Confused wether to go ahead with it or wait for the next year to get a new one. Will have to confirm to the dealer by the end of the day. I don't have a car to exchange so he has given me a special discount of 20k. Any thoughts? The car is about 5 months old
Old 27th December 2015, 10:03   #972
BHPian

Completed 4000 Kms on my XUV W6 and till now quite happy with the car. Actually happier with the reaction my family gives everytime they settle in the car for a drive out. Its brilliant in handling and super comfortable to the passengers. So far so good. I am getting a mileage of appx 12.5 as per the indicator. The issue that am facing with W6 variant is the absence of Hill or decline assist. Its a really really heavy car and makes me quite uncomfortable when I am in a logjam on the inclines of flyovers and have to rev up. The car goes back a bit before pushing forth. So I switch off AC to maximize output. Similarly once while going down the incline I got into a tricky situation and had to reverse the car a bit. My Honda was super easy to handle it but this car was too tricky to reverse up. Eventually it ended up banging the car ahead before getting revved up. Was quite unfortunate. Any inputs on this will be appreciated.

Await 5000 km service and yet to affix seat covers and rear collision guards. Showroom is quoting 16k for seatcovers and I have 10000 credit on him to be availed. Any recco on whether to use that or to buy off market.

On a separate note, Icarus will be off to Goa in Jan and excited to take it on its longest yet ride. My Honda did Mumbai Dehradoon before I sold it off.
Icarus_Deft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 10:43   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
The issue that am facing with W6 variant is the absence of Hill or decline assist. Its a really really heavy car and makes me quite uncomfortable when I am in a logjam on the inclines of flyovers and have to rev up. The car goes back a bit before pushing forth. So I switch off AC to maximize output. Similarly once while going down the incline I got into a tricky situation and had to reverse the car a bit. My Honda was super easy to handle it but this car was too tricky to reverse up. Eventually it ended up banging the car ahead before getting revved up. Was quite unfortunate. Any inputs on this will be appreciated.
Why don't you use handbrake in such situations? When the car is lurking forward, then release the handbrake and your car wont go back.

There are lots of threads on TBHP on this, do a search and you will get good results.
Old 27th December 2015, 13:17   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I recently bought W8 in Oct from Ahmedabad through CSD and drove to Hyderabad with distance of 1300+ Kms. No issues faced. Keep speed limit below 100 km/hr for first 1000 kms.

Just want to know whether W10 AWD is available through CSD ?

Last edited by aah78 : 31st December 2015 at 01:48. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 28th December 2015, 13:00   #975
BHPian

We got the W10 AWD MT home last week. Colour is Opulent Purple. Coming from the 2.2 Dicor it feels like a significant upgrade in most (not all) areas.

The dealer was Kundan Motors in Pune. The pre-sales and sales experience overall has been extremely satisfactory. Now starts the more important phase of the relationship with Mahindra. Hopefully, it is a satisfying one.

Hopefully I get the time to compile a review but will keep on contributing to this thread.

Thanks,

Amogh
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks