Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:59   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
This means the third passenger has no separate blower . Is the third passenger better "cooled" with a roof mounted a/c - like in the Safari or the Ertiga than the XUV ?
There is a separate AC for thrid row, you can see the same in my ownership thread here. Link
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:05   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is a separate AC for thrid row, you can see the same in my ownership thread here. Link
Maybe I wasn't clear in my query.

The middle passenger in the second row does not have a separate blower in the XUV - only the side passengers do. Does the middle passenger in the second row get better cooling in vehicles like the Safari/Ertiga with a roof mounted a/c as compared to the side mounted blowers in the XUV ?
Old 3rd October 2015, 17:19   #723
BHPian

Quote:
The middle passenger in the second row does not have a separate blower in the XUV - only the side passengers do.
I dont think this is a concern really, since the front center A/C Vents can be used to direct the air flow to the middle passenger and the throw is pretty good and unhindered.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 00:06   #724
BHPian

Hey Team,

I am finally here and how! Joined the Purple Club earlier this week and Team-BHP around the same time. Here is a photo of my "BattleCat". Yes, I am a He-man fan and I have the same love and enthusiasm for this awesome automobile that I had, as a kid, for the action figures.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-side_number_fudged.jpg

Proudly displaying the Team-BHP "Live to Drive" sticker. Have the website stickers on the number plates too.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-rear_number_fudged.jpg

I intend to start my ownership thread very soon.

Cheers
Achyu
achyu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 06:59   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Hey Team,

I am finally here and how! Joined the Purple Club earlier this week and Team-BHP around the same time. Here is a photo of my "BattleCat". Yes, I am a He-man fan and I have the same love and enthusiasm for this awesome automobile that I had, as a kid, for the action figures.

Attachment 1422602

Proudly displaying the Team-BHP "Live to Drive" sticker. Have the website stickers on the number plates too.

Attachment 1422603

I intend to start my ownership thread very soon.

Cheers

Achyu

Your Battlecat looks stunning ! Wish you many happy miles !

There seems to have another cat parked in distance ! So your Battlecat has some company ;-)
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:05   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Don`t think so, 2 guys from the service center took a TD of the vehicle and both of them noticed the issue. Was not able to take the car to the center due to work commitments so the issue is still pending.
Hey faithless_1984, okay then there really is a problem and it is frustrating that you have to face it this early. But look at it positively - its good in a way that it surfaced now. Gives you leverage in pushing the dealer/service center to fix this issue without any delay. Also, its an opportunity for you to squeeze out a freebie or two by playing the unhappy customer card .

In any case, please post details about the issue and the fix. You may want to add it to the "XUV niggles" thread as well.

Quote:
This means the third passenger has no separate blower . Is the third passenger better "cooled" with a roof mounted a/c - like in the Safari or the Ertiga than the XUV ?
When you say "cooled", I hope you mean comfortable. I find that putting the AC in auto mode for about 5 minutes and then turning down the blower to a desirable level works very well in cooling the cabin fast and optimally. I have not felt a need for a roof mounted ac. Also the throw from the center console is really strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Your Battlecat looks stunning ! Wish you many happy miles !

There seems to have another cat parked in distance ! So your Battlecat has some company ;-)
You spotted it! Cool..I was hoping someone does that . Proof that BHPians see the bigger picture. It is the pre-facelifted version in a color that is now discontinued. Belongs to a neighbor, has seen many niggles including the famous issue with the clutch getting stuck. But the guy still loves his car.

Thanks so much for the wishes! I will keep the forum updated on my ownership experience. Cheers.
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 11:37   #727
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Team,

Hey Achyu, congrats and wish you many happy miles in the BattleCat!
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 11:51   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Hey Achyu, congrats and wish you many happy miles in the BattleCat!
Thanks adu...it's one of those times when you realise a dream and a sense of accomplishment engulfs you
Old 4th October 2015, 21:57   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
+1 Fully agree with you difficult to judge the speed of cheetah without looking at the speedo,
I have to agree with you on this one - didn't realise today that I was doing 90kmph in an 80kmph zone (road to Bangalore airport) - paid a fine of Rs300.
Old 4th October 2015, 22:33   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
I have to agree with you on this one - didn't realise today that I was doing 90kmph in an 80kmph zone (road to Bangalore airport) - paid a fine of Rs300.
Consider the fine as tip to Mahindra for their superb engineering
I don't know if you have observed but while driving on highways you can make out the growl inside the cabin once you cross the 120 mark (Not that I advocate speed thrills), till you hit 120 it is super quiet inside and cannot judge the speed. Although the max I pushed the beast is 130 that too for a few seconds unknowingly. My beast is still in the training phase as the Odo stands at 2200, so taking things slow and enjoying the running in.
Old 4th October 2015, 22:50   #731
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if you have observed but while driving on highways you can make out the growl inside the cabin once you cross the 120 mark (Not that I advocate speed thrills), till you hit 120 it is super quiet inside and cannot judge the speed. Although the max I pushed the beast is 130 that too for a few seconds unknowingly. My beast is still in the training phase as the Odo stands at 2200, so taking things slow and enjoying the running in.
I haven't taken mine to above 90 kmph yet and I have had the ECON switched on ever since I took delivery last week. But the cabin is super quiet. During the day when the AC blower is stronger, you can hardly hear the horn when you press it!

How long do you plan to run in? 5K i.e the first service?

Cheers
achyu
Old 4th October 2015, 23:47   #732
BHPian

Quote:

How long do you plan to run in? 5K i.e the first service?
achyu
There is no hard & fast rule the M&M guys and a few BHPians say to take it easy for first 2K KM, no concrete data to corroborate this. True for older gen vehicles where it was to be followed in letter & spirit for first 5K KM or else.. today's engines are precision engineered and can handle the friction and stresses well. Apart from the engine there are also gears, bearings shafts, joints et al which also can fail so in my opinion any mechanical part should be put through its paces slowly to avoid damage, I am planning to take it easy for first 5000KM and maybe later too.

Why spoil the fun for a 5 min adrenaline rush and repent later. The thought of having the enormous power available under my right foot gives me the high for now.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 4th October 2015 at 23:49.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 23:55   #733
BHPian

Quote:
in my opinion any mechanical part should be put through its paces slowly to avoid damage, I am planning to take it easy for first 5000KM and maybe later too.

Why spoil the fun for a 5 min adrenaline rush and repent later. The thought of having the enormous power available under my right foot gives me the high for now.
Once again, I completely agree with you. But the problem is that the ride quality is so good that you don't realize the speed go up. I find myself consciously monitoring the speed as I am accelerating and as soon as I hit 80-90 kmph I turn on cruise control. Controls the adrenaline rush .
Old 5th October 2015, 16:50   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

The run-in period is not really required for XUV but it never hurts to exercise caution to not redline/ sudden accelerations etc. Early morning warmup and cooling down after long runs are recommended for almost all vehicles. So it's really not a big deal with XUV. And for those who can't resist the urge to keep check with RPMs - ensure you have extended warranty that covers extra 2 years - making it 5 Years or 150K Kms. That should cover for all eventuality
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 20:19   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The run-in period is not really required for XUV but it never hurts to exercise caution to not redline/ sudden accelerations etc. Early morning warmup and cooling down after long runs are recommended for almost all vehicles. So it's really not a big deal with XUV. And for those who can't resist the urge to keep check with RPMs - ensure you have extended warranty that covers extra 2 years - making it 5 Years or 150K Kms. That should cover for all eventuality
Yes, you are right I still have not redlined, the turbo must be kicking in between 2150-2300 Rpm and I ensure my gear changes and overtaking are just before that I have hardly gone above 2500 till now. Will go for extended warranty soon as advised.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks