Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2015, 13:41   #361
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Congrats @Prash22. Wish you thousands of happy miles ahead

I see the price list says 532 for PPF. Assuming that is per sq ft rate. What was the total cost and what was covered ? Was it just the front and rear bumper ?
Thanks PADAS! Right it's the per sq ft price. The whole car except the top measures approx 140 sq ft.
I got the PPF on the whole car except top, rear boot and the doors below the character line. I skipped the door below the line as mostly people who purposely scratch do it at their arms length and the tendency of the car to touch the door in that area is very less. I got the door edges though.
It covers both the bumpers, bonnet, rear view mirrors, doors above the Side strip character line, all fenders. Close to 110 sq ft. In fact I am thinking of getting PPF done on the boot as well now.

I know it's pricey and sounds a little too much but it's a necessity for me.
My parking is open and close to a college where the college kids love to write their "love stories" on all the cars in that street.
My Santro still caries a girls name on the door. I have started driving to my office pretty much every day now as I have better parking space there.

Trust me, it's useful. I was shown a video of a black XUV whose bumper was damaged after colliding with a median and just pulling out the PPF in minutes transformed the bumper to it's original.

They have cars on which PPF has been applied since 4 years without any issues. Unless there is a dent you shouldn't see it getting peeled off.

The toughest part to apply the PPF in XUV is the rear bumper because of the ridges. Perfection is tough near the ridges otherwise all the other parts look flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Prashanth😊 finally you got your car after a long wait and wish you a long lasting ownership with the cheetah.

Also what all you got done at 3M. How much did it cost overall?
Thanks Sunay! Just the above. Planning to get the Nomad mats. Costs 12K for the whole car. I am planning for the front and middle in few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hi, when you say about the 10k price protection, did you book the car in advance in June or just bought the car right away and got the price protection? The reason I'm asking is I was looking to buy a W10 here in HP but the dealer is denying anything about the price protection and saying I'll have to pay 20k extra.
Dhruv, mine is a long story. In short, yes I booked it in mid June and had to escalate to get price protection.
Prash22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 14:02   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post

Thanks Sunay! Just the above. Planning to get the Nomad mats. Costs 12K for the whole car. I am planning for the front and middle in few months.
12k is too much for Nomads mat Prashanth. I got it done for all 3 rows and it costed me 8250/-.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 16:55   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
12k is too much for Nomads mat Prashanth. I got it done for all 3 rows and it costed me 8250/-.
Sunay, was it in the same 3M store. If so, I'll have to talk to them. I am not sure if they have hiked the price.

Infact, I see mats that are very similar to the Nomad mats in regular household mat shops. They are pretty durable. They have various ranges starting from Rs 150 per sq ft. I am contemplating on them as well.
Old 26th July 2015, 18:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sunay, was it in the same 3M store. If so, I'll have to talk to them. I am not sure if they have hiked the price.

Infact, I see mats that are very similar to the Nomad mats in regular household mat shops. They are pretty durable. They have various ranges starting from Rs 150 per sq ft. I am contemplating on them as well.
Yes it is indeed the same store. Yes you can look at options outside as well, not sure on the quality though. Check the quality before going with them.
Old 27th July 2015, 16:39   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Thank you Sathya. Waiting for your review

Thanks a lot Fusionbang

Ok guys, need some advice on this incident:
My music system was on when the car was running suddenly it decided to go off!(entire infotainment display was off except the reverse camera) and it would never turn on, even after me re-starting the car(engine) multiple times. Switched off the car and after an hour i turned the IGNITION on and then i pressed the clutch and turned on the engine and the music resumed including the display with "Mahindra rise". This happened 4 more times in the same day!
I own a white AWD W10 for a couple of weeks now (Initial ownership report is in the works). I faced the same problem you describe once on the second day of ownership. I faced a similar although I suspect a related problem again when the ICE system simply rebooted on its own accord. I am putting it down to a software fault, some sort of exception related to memory management that bought the system down. Yesterday, while driving from Hyderabad to Bangalore ICE while showing the system is connected to my Nexus 6, refused to enable the button to select blue tooth as an input source for music. In all cases, hard switching off and switching on like in your case solved the problem. My first complaint added to the list for the upcoming first service.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:34   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Guys does anyone know how should i use the infotainment system without having to start the battery or the car? For instance now i have to tap the start stop button once which turns on the battery and infotainment system and everything and another press with the clutch firesup the car. But since i mostly do not use the AC when the car is stationary and i dont think its advisible to use the features on battery for a long time, Is there a way out of this? Or is there something i am missing?

Thanks in advance!

The W10 variant with push button start/stop does not have the 1-hour mode feature. Other variants have this feature.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:56   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Right it's the per sq ft price...

It covers both the bumpers, bonnet, rear view mirrors, doors above the Side strip character line, all fenders. Close to 110 sq ft. In fact I am thinking of getting PPF done on the boot as well now.
532 psft for that cellophane wrap?!! In other words you spent close to Rs.59,000 in getting that wrap on your car?

Boy oh boy!!!
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 18:22   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
532 psft for that cellophane wrap?!! In other words you spent close to Rs.59,000 in getting that wrap on your car?

Boy oh boy!!!
I know it sounds crazy. I stayed put with my Santro for 16 years and I am hoping I will keep the XUV at least half of the years I had my Santro.

I am sure my car will end up with the whole Romeo & Juliet story written all over it. The college kids nearby create a havoc. As long as I am put up where I am now the PPF is the only saving grace.

Its definitely a cellophane tape but saves a lot of damage.
Old 27th July 2015, 18:43   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys does anyone know how should i use the infotainment system without having to start the battery or the car? For instance now i have to tap the start stop button once which turns on the battery and infotainment system and everything and another press with the clutch firesup the car. But since i mostly do not use the AC when the car is stationary and i dont think its advisible to use the features on battery for a long time, Is there a way out of this? Or is there something i am missing?

Thanks in advance!
Without pressing the start/stop button just tap the on/ff button on the audio unit. It might come on in one hour mode.

It works like that in my ecosport. If I press start/stop everything comes on except engine i.e. blower, dash lights, power windows. If I unlock the car, get in and only press the power button on the head unit the audio comes in one hour mode.
Old 27th July 2015, 23:24   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Without pressing the start/stop button just tap the on/ff button on the audio unit. It might come on in one hour mode.

It works like that in my ecosport. If I press start/stop everything comes on except engine i.e. blower, dash lights, power windows. If I unlock the car, get in and only press the power button on the head unit the audio comes in one hour mode.
Hello, Tried it, But unfortunately nothing happen's. It only turns on with the battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
The W10 variant with push button start/stop does not have the 1-hour mode feature. Other variants have this feature.
I am literally praying that this isn't true. Can any other W10 owner please confirm? No wonder the guy who gave me a demo was so sure about the one hour mode working only when the battery is on or the engine is running.
Old 28th July 2015, 07:35   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am literally praying that this isn't true. Can any other W10 owner please confirm?
Same here. I tried Ecosport technique to no avail. Mine is W10 too and does not seem like has this one hour mode thingie. I went through the user manual - it does have mention of ON/ACC and this ACC is something I don't seem to be able to get in my W10. I am suspecting that this is really not the part of W10.

Mahindra probably wants us to use the music system either with risk of draining battery by keeping all ON or burn more fuel
Old 28th July 2015, 12:26   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Same here. I tried Ecosport technique to no avail. Mine is W10 too and does not seem like has this one hour mode thingie. I went through the user manual - it does have mention of ON/ACC and this ACC is something I don't seem to be able to get in my W10. I am suspecting that this is really not the part of W10.

Mahindra probably wants us to use the music system either with risk of draining battery by keeping all ON or burn more fuel
Damm, I too went through the whole manual of the car and also the infotainment system manual, But could not find anything related to the one hour mode. So basically now, Specially during the monsoon when the AC is not required when we have to just wait it out in the car, To even listen to music you need to keep the car running!
Old 28th July 2015, 15:25   #373
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
.... Mine is W10 too and does not seem like has this one hour mode thingie. I went through the user manual - it does have mention of ON/ACC and this ACC is something I don't seem to be able to get in my W10. I am suspecting that this is really not the part of W10.

Quote:
Damm, I too went through the whole manual of the car and also the infotainment system manual, But could not find anything related to the one hour mode. So basically now, Specially during the monsoon when the AC is not required when we have to just wait it out in the car, To even listen to music you need to keep the car running!
Not sure what is the confusion.
IIRC, when you enter the car and just touch the engine start-stop button, the infotainment system starts without the engine. Only when you long-press the button, does the engine crank up.

Isn't the first mode where engine is off, but infotainment system is on, the same as "Acc" mode? Although we never tried, somehow I am pretty sure that the infotainment system would shut down after an hour in this mode in the W10.
Old 28th July 2015, 15:35   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
IIRC, when you enter the car and just touch the engine start-stop button, the infotainment system starts without the engine. Only when you long-press the button, does the engine crank up.

Isn't the first mode where engine is off, but infotainment system is on, the same as "Acc" mode?
SDP - when you just touch the start/stop button the AC blower also starts. That actually means ON except engine. And the same Start/Stop coupled with Clutch press will start the engine. Thats the only difference. You can start the engine at first go itself with simultaneous clutch press and start/stop button press.

Now if the Headlights were in AUTO ON mode, they would come out too anytime you press start button from a OFF position. That actually means the entire system including AC is ready to crank up the engine.

What we are instead deliberating on is the feature where the Start/ Stop button press without clutch will start music system only and not headlights/ AC etc. Or the other way around when we stop the engine from running state to stand still by pressing stop button, everything shuts off including music system, AC etc.

Is it making sense?
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 15:37   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Isn't the first mode where engine is off, but infotainment system is on, the same as "Acc" mode? Although we never tried, somehow I am pretty sure that the infotainment system would shut down after an hour in this mode in the W10.
This is how it's working for me, Enter the car, Press the start stop button once, Which switches on the infotainment system, Battery, Blower, Indicator's do their celebration etc. Pressing the clutch and the start stop again firesup the engine. Once the car is running pressing the start stop button once shuts down everything (the engine, Infotainment system etc) so there is no way to use the infotainment system without the car or the battery on, It was present in the previous XUV as well, Which was known as the one hour mode, In which neither the battery or the engine has to be running for it to on. And its clearly stated in the manual that using the infotainment system or other electronics with the battery on might drain the battery suddenly. Thats how its working for me right now.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks