Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 16:25   #211
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Just got off the phone with my local 3M guy. He recommended not doing it for white color as it would turn slight yellowish after couple of years
Instead, I would suggest you to opt for Paint sealant from 3M. They had quoted ~5.5k for a new XUV which is to be applied within 1 month of the purchase. If you think you can do it yourself i strongly recommend WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0 which will cost you 1/3rd the price and has got great reviews too.
Old 30th June 2015, 19:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
A quick question. Do we receive any email confirmation from Mahindra after booking XUV? I have booked the car two weeks ago and SA mentioned that car is in transit but didn't receive any email or SMS from Mahindra.

Could anyone who booked the XUV confirm?

Thanks.
As promised there you go with the snapshot of the email from Mahindra

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-mahindrabooking.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 19:30   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Instead, I would suggest you to opt for Paint sealant from 3M. They had quoted ~5.5k for a new XUV which is to be applied within 1 month of the purchase. If you think you can do it yourself i strongly recommend WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0 which will cost you 1/3rd the price and has got great reviews too.
Not recommended.

Quote:
source: carcarestores.3mindia.co.in
3M Paint Sealant - Advanced (Up to1 year protection, recommended for cars with scratches and swirl marks)
Believe the treatment is mildly abrasive i.e. they shave off few microns of clear coat. There's a discussion on the topic here.
Old 1st July 2015, 00:06   #214
BHPian

Can I get an expert suggestion on which variant would be a better buy long term between W8 AWD and W10 FWD.

Its going to be mostly city driving and also weekend trips.

I also do plan to take a road trip to leh sometime in the future.

So which variant would you advise.

Thanks.
Old 1st July 2015, 01:31   #215
BHPian

My 2 cents : though it's one of the most difficult decisions to make i am more inclined towards W10 FWD because of the simple fact that your driving is mostly going to be city driving and weekend trips. In such a scenario you would feel the absence of sunroof more than AWD. But if you feel that you would be sparingly using sunroof then you may opt for AWD as sunroof is the deal breaker between W8 and W10. Other features like electric seats are good to have but IMO thier absence wouldn't be felt much. About your Ladakh Trip, most of the routes can be covered by FWD except few ones like Kyun Tso. There are few terrains which require a proper 4x4 and there wouldn't be anything worse than you regretting in such a situation after buying an AWD and wished you had opted for a sunroof instead to enjoy the scenic beauty of the mountains and the stars from inside your car.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 06:55   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
As promised there you go with the snapshot of the email from Mahindra

Attachment 1388000
Thanks Fusionbang. I will check with my SA why I haven't recieved any email yet. However he mentioned that car is in transit and I can do the PDI this week.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:30   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Can I get an expert suggestion on which variant would be a better buy long term between W8 AWD and W10 FWD.

Its going to be mostly city driving and also weekend trips.

I also do plan to take a road trip to leh sometime in the future.

So which variant would you advise.

Thanks.
IMO, You should opt for W8 AWD. Reasons are as follows-
1) Most of the features of W10 you miss on W8 can be added later-on after-market especially sunroof. Electric seat adjustment without memory function and Push-button start won't be a great miss on comfort either.

2) For the sturdy, heavy & torque-monster a XUV is, it will be a bliss and moreover complete peace of mind to have an AWD irrespective of your less off-roading. Once you use XUV, you will come to know the extreme importance of its expansive safety features which initially looks gimmicky on paper. There are rare situations on perceived good routes where an AWD SUV may come to your rescue.

For more widening of your horizon of AWD/4WD, please do read 4WD vehicle t-bhp official as well as ownership reports especially .anshuman's AWD XUV report.
Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:54   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
1) Most of the features of W10 you miss on W8 can be added later-on after-market especially sunroof. Electric seat adjustment without memory function and Push-button start won't be a great miss on comfort either.

2) For the sturdy, heavy & torque-monster a XUV is, it will be a bliss and moreover complete peace of mind to have an AWD irrespective of your less off-roading. Once you use XUV, you will come to know the extreme importance of its expansive safety features which initially looks gimmicky on paper. There are rare situations on perceived good routes where an AWD SUV may come to your rescue.

For more widening of your horizon of AWD/4WD, please do read 4WD vehicle t-bhp official as well as ownership reports especially .anshuman's AWD XUV report.
Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Thanks Superbhikari . I have keenly followed Anshuman thread and I do agree Awd is a must have for an suv. I'll have to weigh the haves and have nots and then decide. Thanks again.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:27   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for the pics Maneesh. The shades really look cool on the car and as you said it looks like they are of good quality. And are the scratches prone to happen regularly or only when they get stuck while the windows are rolled up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
So far I got scratches only on driver side and it happened when the shade was stuck while rolling up windows. However. I'm planning to cover the magnets by small pieces of electrical tape, but wondering whether it will stick to the cloth material. If it works, I hope it will be less risky on paint. Will update soon
Today I did a mini DIY to avoid scratches from sharp magnet blocks of window shades.

Just covered the magnets with small strips of electrical insulation tape, so that the sharp edges wont harm the car paint.
Hope the tape will stick on the shades for some time as these shades are not moved often.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150701-17.36.12.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150701-17.36.48.jpg 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150701-17.38.36.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150701-17.39.41.jpg
Maneesh.MK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:01   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
1) Most of the features of W10 you miss on W8 can be added later-on after-market especially sunroof.
This isn't recommended as no matter how precise is the workmanship behind installing a sunroof, it can definitely not match the precision of robot. Morover your new brand new beast being ripped apart wouldn't be a good sight. Electric sunroof from Webasto is going to set you back by ~90k (Upon enquiry a gentleman from Bangalore had quoted 1 lakh for it, didn't find any reason to continue the discussion with him) If you opt for W10, Mahindra will be with you for any issues with sunroof, if at all. you also get electric seats. reverse cam, Keyless entry and what not.
PS: If you can stretch your budget for W10 AWD, nothing can be better than that, you literally get everything what you can think of
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:24   #221

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to upgrade my low beams. Went to a local vendor today and he suggested this one. Whats your thoughts ??

OSRAM XENON HB4 4200K

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150702-15.46.14.jpg
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:42   #222
BHPian

Dear Members,
Any one having any links at RTO Hosur, my facelift XUV is stuck up at mahindra yard Hosur for temp registration for last 15 days. Any help is welcome.
Regards
Old 4th July 2015, 13:55   #223
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am not able to decide between a W4 and W6. Two of my close friends own a W6 and i am pretty well versed with the W6 features. What I want know understand is what is missing in W4. I also understand that the facelift W6 has also some changes in the feature list. Some have gone missing(map lights being one of them). What all things have gone missing from last gen's model. How much different are the interiors(looks and quality wise) between 2015 W4 and W6 as last gens W4 interiors were just not acceptable for a 10L+ car.

Lastly if I opt for W4 can I get a after market 2 Din HU installed cause that takes care of quite a few of the missing features(Navigation, Reverse camera with parking sensors, Bluetooth phone connectivity etc). I know i will not get steering mounted controls but I believe with the price difference I can live with that. I have tried quite a few sources for good interior pics of W4 but apart from couple of pics few pages back I am not able to get some solid information.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Switch : 4th July 2015 at 13:57.
Old 4th July 2015, 22:22   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I am not able to decide between a W4 and W6. Two of my close friends own a W6 and i am pretty well versed with the W6 features. What I want know understand is what is missing in W4. I also understand that the facelift W6 has also some changes in the feature list. Some have gone missing(map lights being one of them). What all things have gone missing from last gen's model. How much different are the interiors(looks and quality wise) between 2015 W4 and W6 as last gens W4 interiors were just not acceptable for a 10L+ car.
Save the 6 inch monochrome infotainment display, here are features present in W6, but missing in W4 -

- Static Bending Headlamps
- Voice Commands with Voice Recognition and SMS Read Out
- Intelligent Light-sensing Headlamps
- Smart Rain-sensing Wipers
- Glass Embedded Antenna
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- Premium Fabric Upholstery
- Cladding Strips (Along bottom and wheel arches)
- Advanced Intellipark
- DIS In-built Infotainment System
- Cruise, Audio, Phone and Voice Commands on Steering
- Entry Assist Lamp
- Illuminated Key Ring
- Conversation Mirror
- Icy Blue Lounge Lighting

In my opinion, W6 is a better choice.

Cheers!
Suresh
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 12:13   #225
BHPian

Does any one know when the new age Mahindra XUV 500 is likely to come out with Android auto. The announcement on the same have already been made.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks