Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 00:37   #2161
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Folks, has anyone used the diesel injector cleaners like STP on XUV500. Assuming it should do no harm if used once every 10K km or so?
Old 21st May 2020, 18:14   #2162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, has anyone used the diesel injector cleaners like STP on XUV500. Assuming it should do no harm if used once every 10K km or so?
Why is this additive required? I have driven the car for a lakh and didn't find loss of power. I had used cleaner once by mixing with fuel and it resulted in black smoke after a month and I had to get it fixed at service centre. Mahindra doesn't recommend additives.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 19:05   #2163
BANNED

Quote:
Won't cause any issue at all. Use it at 1ml/litre, should be okay.

I use System-D once every 2 full tanks.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 14:43   #2164
BHPian

Planning to book an xuv500, apart from corporate discount of 9K there are no other discounts that the dealer is offering now.
Please help me on how can I get the best deal also if there are any mahindra sales persons here please message me.
Old 29th May 2020, 10:43   #2165
BHPian

Check with Sireesh Auto, Hosur Road. They give good deals on the vehicles. You can go to their website and put an enquiry.
Old 16th June 2020, 08:37   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Checked a few 3M options on amazon.in and Oh boy, they are more expensive than what I paid for the net!
Hey buddy, so what did you finally ended up using for the net in the boot? I am having a similar issue where I have the net but no hooks in the boot to tie them to.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th June 2020 at 09:24. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 28th June 2020, 20:31   #2167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hey buddy, so what did you finally ended up using for the net in the boot? I am having a similar issue where I have the net but no hooks in the boot to tie them to.
I purchased a net from Amazon India that came with round "hooks" and screws. Since I am not willing to drill , i am using a 2 way tape. It is a challenge to maintain grip however, as the plastic interiors have some texture, so an overenthusiastic security guard in office ends up pulling down one or two of those hooks if he reaches too far into the boot during the mandatory checking while accessing the parking lot.
Old 7th July 2020, 21:32   #2168
BHPian

Hello everyone

I recently completed 1 lakh kms on my XUV 500 W10 AT. It ran on stock bridgestone tyres for these lakh kms without any problems.

Now, its time to change them so i need suggestions.

1) Should i stick to same brand or is it better to change to some other? Suggest if so.

2) Any need to change the dimensions in case it can lead to better ride?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 8th July 2020, 11:23   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hello everyone

I recently completed 1 lakh kms on my XUV 500 W10 AT. It ran on stock bridgestone tyres for these lakh kms without any problems.

Now, its time to change them so i need suggestions.

1) Should i stick to same brand or is it better to change to some other? Suggest if so.

2) Any need to change the dimensions in case it can lead to better ride?

Thanks in anticipation.
regarding your first point, I have seen good feedback about Michelin from other members on the group. They have lesser tire noise vs. Bridgestones

For better ride comfort, the side wall height is already pretty big on stock. Newer softer ones from MIchelin will surely help.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 13:27   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
regarding your first point, I have seen good feedback about Michelin from other members on the group. They have lesser tire noise vs. Bridgestones

For better ride comfort, the side wall height is already pretty big on stock. Newer softer ones from MIchelin will surely help.
Thanks for the reply. Any idea about Apollo tyres? How are they in comparison?
Old 8th July 2020, 15:15   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apollos are surely better than rest of Indian brands but based on my experience they harden more with time than Michelins. So Michelins remain softer and will give more supple ride through its life vs Apollos which will get hard after few years of usage.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 19:54   #2172
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
XUV stock tyres in lower variants used to be Apollo Apterras. Not sure what is the current situation. Pretty below average tyres and were comparable to the JK Elanzos.

Bridgestone Duellers are nice. Last long and no serious complaints.
Michelin Latitude would give better and silent ride, but would not last long.
I am currently using Goodyear Wrangler and they are holding up decently well after 20k Kms.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 13:06   #2173
BHPian

The Retrofit Sunroof

So, I know this post is a late one. More than 6 Months actually.
But wanted to ensure the quality of product before I can confidently recommend/ put it up here.
Nowadays, the sunroof has become one of the most sought after features in all car segments.
In 2016, when I bought my AWD XUV, chose the W8 AWD over the W10 FWD sunroof version and have been wanting one since.
In Jan this year on our Maharashtra XUV drive (at Saputara), that look from the balcony and seeing only my cheetah without the sunroof finally pushed me to get it done.
After lots of calls with the Webasto team , a fair bit of Rn D, decided to go for it.
The fitment was totally customised and that made it even better than the original.The job has been really well done and there have been no leaks even in the 2nd month of Mumbai monsoons currently.
Also, this one slides out so no need of the drainpipe and the chocking drain problems and leakage.

Sunroof details :
Make: Webasto
Model No: NSG 300 Automatic.

Let the pictures do the talking.

The look that got the installation in motion : Note, mine is the Silver XUV.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-e2a2e69ea1fd4764b5631a6e784cf6b5.jpg

The team hard at work.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1498.jpg

The view from inside.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1495.jpg

The final look. Note, the sunroof has been pushed more to the rear so as to not be a distraction to the driver.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_1492.jpg

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 11th July 2020 at 13:08. Reason: Typo
vinitbhavi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 01:40   #2174
BHPian

A friend of mine owns a 2015 w4 xuv. The current infotainment system in the car is quite pathetic to look at. Also, he used an additional screen clipped to the rear view mirror and due to the weight, the clips of the mirror broke. We discussed that it would be better to fit a touchscreen unit so that it would uplift the ambiance and act as a display fir the reverse camera.

After looking at the current system, I could sense that it would not be that easy as the entire frame and the unit seems seamless and it's not attached with locks, clips and screws. I may be wrong here. Please throw some light on how this unit can be removed and a touchscreen system would fit in the space.

We are not looking at android system but branded products such as pioneer and sony.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20200930_174941.jpg
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:58   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I spent good amount of quality time with XUV and Mahindra's service personnel this evening in analysing the XUV headlamp beams. Here are some disappointing revelations on the XUV's high beams. I really appreciate Mahindra team's eagerness in trying to understand the issue.

Attachment 1503671
I still have this issue... The high beam throw is towards high mounted sign boards and trees.... Despite several adjustments, it never gave me satisfaction. The guide board is not really helpful.

Apparently my high beam automatically start focusing upwards after few months usage.

Do you have any resolution for this now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks