Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:37   #2026

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
This uncertainty around the refresh of XUV 500, made me move away from the W10 which I had almost booked. Did not want to buy a car which would soon have a better performance version as I tend to keep my vehicles for eternity.
The dealers though had flatly refused any near term refresh plan for the XUV 500. Are you sure of the authenticity of the news ?
I had booked w8 AWD, and they cancelled citing this reason. When I escalated, ASM from M&M called me up and confirmed this. I ended up booking W6 AT.
sk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 11:37   #2027
BHPian

I just love my XUV even more after yesterday and it is just a fortress that ever protects.

Yesterday it was pouring very heavily and google led me to a road that was about 3-4 feet deep in water for about 70m. Quite a few cars broke down and were slowly getting submerged.
I could wade through this deep water in 1st gear (maybe having AWD helped too) and could steadily progress and escape this hell. Not even a drop of water got inside and I could not believe what I'd just passed through. Most bikes trying to cross had their headlights/ front forks almost submerged in water.

I hope all the people who were stuck there got home safely and also hope minimal damages to their vehicles and also to the people living near by.

KUDOs to Mahindra for this incredibly solid product (0 niggles in 2.7 yrs and 53k kms too)
Aniket6 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 02:14   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We brought our second Cheetah (in our family) home a week back, on 9th August.
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on acquisition of new steed. What about Hexa and Nexon (as they were under you radar ) ?
Quote:
It's a W6 variant, with the latest April 2017 updates (EcoSense, individual cabin lamps for 2nd row passengers, puddle lamps under ORVMs, auto-folding/opening ORVMs on locking/unlocking, etc.).
I just checked the official website and noticed that individual cabin lamps for 2nd row passengers, puddle lamps under ORVMs are not available on the W6 variant. Also the mirrors are power foldable but not auto.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv500brochuresnapshot.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 26th August 2017 at 02:16.
Old 26th August 2017, 16:08   #2029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on acquisition of new steed.
Thank you.

Quote:
What about Hexa and Nexon (as they were under you radar ) ?
Waiting for the XZA for the Hexa.

Waiting for the company to give a glimmer of hope to the local dealership regarding the first Nexon demo car.

Quote:
I just checked the official website and noticed that individual cabin lamps for 2nd row passengers, puddle lamps under ORVMs are not available on the W6 variant. Also the mirrors are power foldable but not auto.
That is because the feature list on the official website and on the brochure haven't been updated since September 2016!

Individual in-cabin lamps for 2nd row passengers

All three.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image6.jpg

Illuminated.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image7.jpg

From the other side.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image8.jpg

From up close - press gently on the recess on the left for light.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image9.jpg

Puddle lamps

Below the ORVM unit, one on each side.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image11.jpg

It's fully functional with a bulb inside.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image10.jpg

From directly below.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image12.jpg

From the lower front.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-image13.jpg

I shall make a video of their illuminated prowess and usefulness during night time and post it here tomorrow, as it's a bright afternoon here right now and no light is strong enough to outshine the sun.

Auto-folding/opening ORVMs

Auto-opening - unlock the W6, place the key inside it's slot and turn/twist the key to it's 2nd position (before "ignition") for the ORVMs to automatically open out.

Auto-closing - bring back key to "0" position, pull it out, close all doors, walk away from the W6, and press the "LOCK" button on the keyfob. This will make the ORVMs fold in automatically.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th August 2017 at 16:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 22:18   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We brought our second Cheetah (in our family) home a week back, on 9th August.

Congratulations Avinash. Waiting eagerly for another breathtaking ownership report. Someone close in family picked up a W6 AT in July at Gurgaon. There's lots of improvement in the XUV. I really liked the reclining middle seats. But plastics are still not up to mark, the mirror to see everyone ( I don't know what it's called) came loose in first week itself. His OTR was little less than yours, maybe because he did not go in for 5 year RSA. I'm not sure.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 22:51   #2031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
the mirror to see everyone ( I don't know what it's called) came loose in first week itself.
IIRC it is called as the "Conversation Mirror".

Edit: this is the one that your are referring to, no?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/143538.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th August 2017 at 22:55.
Old 27th August 2017, 10:21   #2032
BHPian

I'm expecting my W6 to be delivered this week. The only freebie from the dealer was rear view camera.
I have 2 questions:
1. Will the camera have static guide lines or dynamic steering input based
2. The other accessory price and fitting costs quoted (e.g. Fog lamps, side steps, etc) are quite high compared to the M2All website prices. Upon showing the same I was told they will not do the fitting and I have to go to some peenya factory service center. What's the deal here?
Old 27th August 2017, 18:17   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I'm expecting my W6 to be delivered this week. The only freebie from the dealer was rear view camera.
I have 2 questions:
1. Will the camera have static guide lines or dynamic steering input based
2. The other accessory price and fitting costs quoted (e.g. Fog lamps, side steps, etc) are quite high compared to the M2All website prices. Upon showing the same I was told they will not do the fitting and I have to go to some peenya factory service center. What's the deal here?
You needed to drive a harder bargain. After having finalized on the payment, I don't expect the dealership to budge by a penny against what they agreed to earlier. You might have missed the trick here. I was successfully able to extract 18k worth of extra discount above what the dealership had promised in the initial discussions.
Old 27th August 2017, 22:58   #2034
BHPian

Oh but I did drive a bargain.
I managed to get the ex-showroom price quote below 13lakhs as I am taking on company lease and this difference does make a huge difference in my emi payout tenure (worth more than the free 10-20k accessories)
I only hurried because I had lost 2 months benefits due to GST uncertainties and delaying more would only increase them
Old 30th August 2017, 00:49   #2035
BHPian

Hey.
We got our W6 AT delivered on the Monday. Even though the car was registered on 24 August, due to Ganesh chaturti, the dealership was closed for the subsequent days.

The delivery process was smooth however there was a blunder on the side of the dealership. We had asked for certain accessories to be fitted however only after we saw the car we noticed that the illuminated Scuff plates were not installed, apparently they were not in stock. Even after following up with them they dint have the courtesy to inform us.

We also had issues with dealer before but we had a kind Sales person who was fighting against a lazy dealer attitude,She assured us Everything would be rectified and gave us half tank of diesel and free number plates as an apology.( Would have preferred a full tank for the dealership's dishonesty)

Anyways, coming to the car,we didn't do any PDI before registration due to my college commitments plus festival rush etc. So I did my team bhp recommended PDI just before delivery.
Everything was fine, no uneven gaps etc however slight swirl marks were present.

I am not a picture person hence I just have a single pic of the car before delivery.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20170830_000629.jpg

I have driven about 100 km till today, love the fact that the ride quality has improved a bit over the 2015 test drive vehicle and and to some extent my friends 2016 XUV. Our car came with the Apollo aptera tyres.
Also Love the features on offer,one of the main reason to choose the W6 over the hexa XMA.The engine clatter is much less as compared to my Ciaz.
Since this is our first AT vehicle, have to get used to the slight lag in gear changes.I guess as the vehicle runs in, the gear change from 1-2-3 should happen quicker. For now for my light foot it tends to rev a bit before upshifting. After third gear Everything is super smooth.

Slight quirks with the design by Mahindra include the way the foglights have to be turned on every time you start the car,not having instantaneous fuel efficiency, only average and that too only on the touch screen. Also the front roof lights don't come on when the doors are opened,only the second row roof light does.They aren't defects,just a different philosophy that Mahindra follows vis other manufacturers.

Would try and make a long trip somewhere next week but for now everyone at home is thrilled with the xuv500.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 30th August 2017 at 00:51.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 22:41   #2036
BHPian

Completed 20000 km service last week. There were two issues that needed attention.

1: Car was lagging after every gear change. Every time when I up shift, car use to go into limp mode for two seconds and then come back into life as if nothing happened. For this accelerator pedal and few other sensors were changed.

2: Noise coming from front right shocker. Recently during accident repair work, front right shocker was changed but there was some noise coming from it. It took Sterling Mahindra 3 days to pin point the exact issue as to why is noise coming. Arm, shocker and few other parts were replaced under warranty.

Another thing I want know is whether parts changed under warranty is mentioned in the bill or not? RM said it is updated in the system but same will not be mentioned in the bill.

Apart from these minor issues car is running absolutely fine.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-hr26cw6703-21.jpg  

AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 23:45   #2037
BHPian

Am about to book a w10 awd at, but the dealer is not at all mentioning anything about w9. Wonder why.

I would love to get the upgraded engine but if the uncertainty looms, I may as well move ahead with w10. Any inputs?
Old 6th September 2017, 00:43   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Am about to book a w10 awd at, but the dealer is not at all mentioning anything about w9. Wonder why.

I would love to get the upgraded engine but if the uncertainty looms, I may as well move ahead with w10. Any inputs?
Based on my experience its very difficult to get any info from dealership about future upgrades. They are all about today's sales and not what will happen in future. Unless you got personal contacts in Mahindra or dealership its tough to decide. We have not come across any sighting either in form of camouflaged XUVs with cosmetic changes. So my guess would be that update is little further away. But again its just a guess.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 10:26   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Based on my experience its very difficult to get any info from dealership about future upgrades. They are all about today's sales and not what will happen in future. Unless you got personal contacts in Mahindra or dealership its tough to decide. We have not come across any sighting either in form of camouflaged XUVs with cosmetic changes. So my guess would be that update is little further away. But again its just a guess.
Thanks. I have bit the bullet and have placed an order for Lakeside brown AWD AT W10.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:04   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Thanks. I have bit the bullet and have placed an order for Lakeside brown AWD AT W10.
Rumors are that W9 will be launched on 20th Sept but without 170BHP engine. Its more of inbetween W8 and W10 version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks