Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:28   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I believe the prev gen XUV had alloys in fifth wheel. I have a refreshed W8 which has normal steel rims on spare. What is wrong with charging for wheel balancing of 5 Wheels, AFAIK it's good practice to balance all wheels. @SuperTinuWhat is labour charge for AMC, is it for services carried out after free service.
Hey Venu, even the prev gen XUV towards the end had a steel 5th rim as in case of my car. No issues with spare balancing. Just that if its lying unused, there may not be a need for it. But its ok, i am not complaining if they charged for 5 wheels.

The AMC labor is actually just a way to charge for consumables. Topping up of different fuild levels etc. My SA claimed that they dont have a separate line item as consumables to charge, so they do it through this means. For my Figo, ford guys have a line item and they charge about Rs 300.
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:30   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post

This is my plan in addition to normal first service
====
3)Front sensor parking - to install (in two minds after speaking with @abirnale)
=====
Anything else over and above also done in the first service that you can advise.
Thanks!

Hey, which front parking sensor are you contemplating? I am also thinking of this for my W10. Too much of a blind stop on the front

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2017 at 12:13. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 4th April 2017, 12:07   #1863
BHPian

Hey guys could you also let us know the s/w version of the infotainment system with the android auto update? I enquired at sterling Mahindra Gurgaon and they have a v8 upgrade available. I have currently v7 on my w10.

Pls pls this is super exciting stuff
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20170404_120529_01.jpg  

Old 4th April 2017, 19:29   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hey guys could you also let us know the s/w version of the infotainment system with the android auto update? I enquired at sterling Mahindra Gurgaon and they have a v8 upgrade available. I have currently v7 on my w10.

Pls pls this is super exciting stuff
My XUV was recently upgraded to v8.0.0 for both HOST and VIP software version. It does not have Android Auto in that version. Android Auto is yet to be released to ASCs as far as I know.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 14:13   #1865
BHPian

Guys, a small and quick question - is it recommended to buy a second hand XUV 500 - 2012 May/June registered ?
I have heard horrible electronic issues for 2012 first gen lot - what do you recommend ?
Old 6th April 2017, 14:39   #1866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I have heard horrible electronic issues for 2012 first gen lot - what do you recommend ?
There were lots of niggles in initial lots of XUV as you mentioned. However, most of those issues were fixed under warranty replacement by M&M. So you can get an idea of the condition of the vehicle by checking out the service history.

Few of the major issues I could remember in initial lot of XUV's are as below-

- Repeated issue of headlight bulb fused due to wiring harness issue.
- Rear tyre getting worn unevenly due to suspension set up issue.
- Bugler alarm bracket getting broken and causing moving components to be broken.

All these should be fixed in the vehicle which you are looking at. If so there is nothing else to be bothered about apart from few rattling issues and the occasional infotainment system reboot.
Old 6th April 2017, 14:43   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, a small and quick question - is it recommended to buy a second hand XUV 500 - 2012 May/June registered ?
If you can, Try & stretch your budget for the New Age XUV's, They offer even more & in a better way, There are 2 things that a majorly improved in the New age one's, Suspension setup feels much much better & then its the braking, Trust me Braking is amazing in the New age one when compared to the older generation, Keeping other factors aside, These 2 makes a good amount of difference.
Old 6th April 2017, 15:32   #1868
BHPian

Last minute confusion guys. Need your help on making the final decision.

As i informed earlier on this forum, I am planning to book a new SUV by Mid of May and till last month, XUV 500 W10 AT model was final. Few days back, i took the test drive of Tata Hexa and man o man, i am impressed by the ride and interiors quality of the car. Found it to be much better that XUV. Also, i found the automatic gearbox to be more responsive. Overall i must say Tata has done a really great job.

Now i am really confused between XUV and Hexa. Which car should i go for?
1. Price wise there is not much difference in the top end automatic
2. 70% will going to be city drive and Hexa's overall length, hard steering and big turning radius is a big issue for me during city drives. Therefore XUV makes sense here
3. But i am impressed with overall ride and interiors quality of Hexa and its way ahead from XUV
4. My heart says go for XUV as i am in love with this beast from the time it was launched but my mind says, Hexa is better in most of the departments so go for Hexa

From the above content, you must have sensed that i am really-2 confused between the two cars. Need second opinion from my fellow BHPians.
Old 6th April 2017, 17:16   #1869
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

A couple of considerations that you may choose to leverage prior to making a final decision:

a. Looks and overall style- The XUV undoubtedly scores a notch again the Hexa on this front(for me at least). Know its subjective, and please consult with your stakeholders (family and others) before taking the plunge.
b. Overall service levels: You should try to check with other XUV owners in your city on the state of service levels, and also Tata for their vehicles. I personally have found the blokes in the city of Trivandrum to be proactive, responsive, and insightful in any matter I dealt with them(I had plans to initially sell the XUV considering the niggles that beset me).
c. Maintenance and ageing considerations: This is another area which you could choose to check with other vehicle owners of the brand. Given the fact that Hexa is a just-launched kid on the block, consider how other Tata vehicles have fared along. I personally don't feel the Tata vehicles 'age gracefully' compared to the XUV or the other brands. Furthermore, Mahindra's ridiculously low service costs is a stellar differentiator.
d. Overall objective of the vehicle purchase: Should you reckon the vehicle to be used only in the city with occasional highway drives, consider the XUV.

Hope the aforesaid factors(and others when people weigh in) enable you to forge that lasting relationship. Keep us posted !

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 6th April 2017 at 17:18.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 18:13   #1870
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Last minute confusion guys. Need your help on making the final decision.

2. 70% will going to be city drive and Hexa's overall length, hard steering and big turning radius is a big issue for me during city drives. Therefore XUV makes sense here
I suggest you go for another test drive of XUV, you will handover the booking check on the spot.

Your point number 2 is the decider, within city for 70% of time, I would always go for XUV, it is not bad on highways either which you must already be aware.
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:50   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
A couple of considerations that you may choose to leverage prior to making a final decision:
======
b. Overall service levels: You should try to check with other XUV owners in your city on the state of service levels, and also Tata for their vehicles. I personally have found the blokes in the city of Trivandrum to be proactive, responsive, and insightful in any matter I dealt with them(I had plans to initially sell the XUV considering the niggles that beset me).

c. Maintenance and ageing considerations:
=======

Hope the aforesaid factors(and others when people weigh in) enable you to forge that lasting relationship. Keep us posted !
You are right. Factors like overall service levels, Maintenance etc. are very important and i have heard good stories from XUV owners on ASS and maintenance costs over the period of time. XUV is there elite product and they give special attention to XUV owners in resolving the issues. Not so sure about TATA.

I will definitely keep you guys posted on my final decision. Most probably now it will going to be XUV

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th April 2017 at 11:56. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 7th April 2017, 14:26   #1872
BHPian

Looking for suggestions

Its time to renew the insurance for our cheetah. Someone called me up in February beginning claiming that he is from dealership and offered ICICI Lombard insurance (with compulsory deductible - 2000 & voluntary deductible - 1000). It includes Road side assistance & key replacement as well. I went ahead and issued a PDC. Insurance due in beginning of May.
Now 3 days back I got a call from my dealership and they are offering insurance from ICICI Lombard / Videocon Liberty at a much higher rate. I told them that someone from dealership came and took a PDC for ICICI Lombard & have even shared the cover note. Dealership folks are insisting that I take the insurance from them else I will have to manage each and everything by myself incase I go in for a claim sometime. Dealership price is almost 5K more than what I have been offered/given earlier.

I believe the TPA has increased effective 1st April and hence the increase in the price but does it make sense to go with the dealership offer now? Are they just threatening me that they will not do anything incase I go in for claims or is it for real? Slightly confused here and need guidance on what should be followed/done.
Old 7th April 2017, 14:53   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
You are right. Factors like overall service levels, Maintenance etc. are very important and i have heard good stories from XUV owners on ASS and maintenance costs over the period of time. XUV is there elite product and they give special attention to XUV owners in resolving the issues. Not so sure about TATA.

I will definitely keep you guys posted on my final decision. Most probably now it will going to be XUV
Since you are from Gurgaon, let me share some views on the service. I owned a Safari storme till a few months back. While the car was very good, the service was abysmal. I tried Aristo, Dhingra and Concorde (del). All were competing with each other in incompetency and callousness.

Hence when it was time to change, I didnt consider the Hexa for this one major reason. I have gone and bought an XUV 500 AT. Now, I have no clue about Mahindra after sales in gurgaon, but from what I have heard, its certainly better than Tata.

(Its another matter that when I test drove the Hexa, i found the center console fouling with my left knee and hence that was a turn off)
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 15:07   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Looking for suggestions

=========
3 days back I got a call from my dealership and they are offering insurance from ICICI Lombard / Videocon Liberty at a much higher rate. I told them that someone from dealership came and took a PDC for ICICI Lombard & have even shared the cover note. Dealership folks are insisting that I take the insurance from them else I will have to manage each and everything by myself incase I go in for a claim sometime. Dealership price is almost 5K more than what I have been offered/given earlier.

======
Just be careful with the PDC's affair, as they tend to collect the PDC and then misplace the application itself, and will not issue the insurance at all. This happened to me almost couple of times. Suggest you to double check with the agency who collected the PDC and ask them to issue the policy immediately (w.e.f. from your policy expiring date), if they delay the issuance, tell them that you will cancel the PDC and go with other insurance provider.

Alternatively, try to get quotes from different insurance providers, and take a call. From my personal experience, I would not recommend ICICI for various reasons. Try Bharti Axa or Bajaj Allianz, or Tata AIG. All these providers have tie-ups with most of the garages, and you should be able to get cashless claims.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th April 2017 at 16:15. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 7th April 2017, 15:44   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Just be careful with the PDC's affair, as they tend to collect the PDC and then misplace the application itself, and will not issue the insurance at all. This happened to me almost couple of times. Suggest you to double check with the agency who collected the PDC and ask them to issue the policy immediately (w.e.f. from your policy expiring date), if they delay the issuance, tell them that you will cancel the PDC and go with other insurance provider.

Alternatively, try to get quotes from different insurance providers, and take a call. From my personal experience, I would not recommend ICICI for various reasons. Try Bharti Axa or Bajaj Allianz, or Tata AIG. All these providers have tie-ups with most of the garages, and you should be able to get cashless claims.
Thanks for responding. I have got the cover note from ICICI Lombard so hoping that they have submitted the cheque with the bank already. Only point of worry is whether dealership would help during claims. What problems I might get into if I don't take insurance from dealership? My dealership also has tie up with ICICI Lombard but they say that they will only help when I take it via dealership, else I am on my own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks