Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 19:47   #1831
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Apologies for the poor quality pictures.
Guess what Mahindra is bringing for us new age XUV owners?
Thats an awesome update. Looking forward to the stable version and I hope I am able to get it installed during my second service may be in 2 months time.

Another thing I wanted to ask everyone here is how often do face the "Error" in ODO console? I have seen it like 3-4 times on my last outing to Goa. They tried to fix this during the first service but couldn't replicate it during servicing time. Once I see the "Error", I just have to take out the key and start again. But this is irritating to say the least. Any fixes?
Old 6th March 2017, 22:01   #1832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Another thing I wanted to ask everyone here is how often do face the "Error" in ODO console? I have seen it like 3-4 times on my last outing to Goa. They tried to fix this during the first service but couldn't replicate it during servicing time. Once I see the "Error", I just have to take out the key and start again. But this is irritating to say the least. Any fixes?
I remember seeing this message during EMS (ECU) update long ago. May be you can ask them to reflash the EMS. This message would generally accompany with HDC warning issue. Its nothing mechanical but false alarms.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 16:12   #1833
KAN
BHPian

Last week there was a weezing sound when AC was operating in the car and by the time we reached weekend I realised that that the AC had stopped cooling. SO this Monday I sent the XUV to ASC and they advised that there was a leak in coil located in the dashboard. They also kept the car overnight to do the replacement of the coil as apparently the entire dashboard needs to be removed to do that.
Though the change is under warranty but I am little disappointed that this has happened given that the vehicle is just 1.5 years old and nervous that there is dismantling (of factory installed stuff) and re fitting.
Please advise if anyone had this sort of episode.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:46   #1834
BHPian

Mahindra is silently doing a minor recall for W10 variants. The power seat switches will be replaced as part of recall as Mahindra has identified a quality issue. My car is currently at service center as part of this recall. They are calling affected vehicle owners directly to get this rectified.
S5157 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 16:52   #1835
BHPian

Had balanced my wheels from outside in November, and today I finally decided to relearn the TPMS. As I needed to refuel and also get the PUC done, I did this at the fuel bunk itself.

Switched off my car, pressed the left button on the cowl and switched the car on. The unit started displaying "learning" on the front left tire. Asked my dad to watch out for a sharp beep and I got down to let the air out. Let the air out to almost 22 psi ( from 30 odd) and saw my dad gesticulating to me. Forget the sharp beep, the FM radio had started playing!

What am I doing wrong?
Old 12th March 2017, 19:56   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Thats an awesome update. Looking forward to the stable version and I hope I am able to get it installed during my second service may be in 2 months time.

I do get this error message sometimes, but it automatically goes away. Here is what i have generally noticed if your ignition key is off one step instead of complete 2 step process (by this i mean lock out completely as if you are getting down from the car) this error comes.
The same with bluetooth, if you dont get the ignition key completely off with the 2 step process then bluetooth generally doesnt work. hope this helps!
Old 13th March 2017, 20:25   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
@nd4$pd: how did you get Android Auto in your XUV? Are you some sort of beta tester ?
I am not an official beta tester. But I am doing some testing.

Quote:
I am excited to see the detailed review on how the combination of things will work - I mean the existing Tyretronics, Alerts and info, music etc with Android Auto. Can we run the Google maps as well as MMI maps in parallel? Is it ok to add a Android phone for Auto and continue to use the iPhone or something like that for just phone features? Actually tons of questions... Sorry for firing them, I am super excited and curious to understand. ay be an informed decision to participate/ show willingness to my SA to trial this on my car as well.
Sorry I haven't had a chance to put up a detailed review.

When you run Android Auto, that pretty much takes up your whole screen real estate. You can however return to the regular Mahindra interface and run the MMI Nav. So although they won't take up the screen space in parallel you can still kind of run them in parallel. You can also choose to use a different phone (like an iPhone) for music streaming over bluetooth however, the Android Auto phone is always your primary "phone" device. You can also choose not to run Android Auto when you plug in an Android Phone so it only charges your phone.

I think Mahindra will be releasing this in April anyway.

Android Auto is a little buggy and freezes from time to time (I have gone a couple of hours in a 6 hour drive without freezing). I am not sure if it's the phone or the infotainment software at the moment.

Still testing the other features.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 22:20   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
Last week there was a weezing sound when AC was operating in the car and by the time we reached weekend I realised that that the AC had stopped cooling. SO this Monday I sent the XUV to ASC and they advised that there was a leak in coil located in the dashboard. They also kept the car overnight to do the replacement of the coil as apparently the entire dashboard needs to be removed to do that.
I beg to differ KAN as I recently got the coil of a friend's XUV changed at a known guy's repair shop and it took only 3 hrs. I hope I am not wrong in assessing the repairs.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 22:52   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post

Android Auto is very intuitive. I won't go into details of Android Auto here since there are other threads for that.
Besides Android Auto there is a new tab with lots of metrics about the car in general (including whether the clutch is being ridden or the engine is being redlined etc.) called Ecosense. There is also a recommended gear indicator. I will try to provide more information tomorrow.
How did you manage to get this update? I'm getting my W6 AT delivered this Thursday. Can I expect to see this change in the MMI?
Old 22nd March 2017, 16:52   #1840
BHPian

Hello BHPians. Need your help regarding seat covers. Has anyone installed seat covers from market? I am asking this question because I am planning to buy XUV W10 AT (Black colour) in May and based on earlier reviews, I came to know that it’s really difficult to maintain light/Beige colour seat covers of XUV W10. I am wondering if there are any good seat cover options available in market and if anyone has used that.

My preference is black colour or Black and Beige colour seat covers that will also go well with interior of my Black Beast.
Old 22nd March 2017, 17:23   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Hello BHPians. Need your help regarding seat covers. Has anyone installed seat covers from market? I am asking this question because I am planning to buy XUV W10 AT (Black colour) in May and based on earlier reviews, I came to know that it’s really difficult to maintain light/Beige colour seat covers of XUV W10. I am wondering if there are any good seat cover options available in market and if anyone has used that.

My preference is black colour or Black and Beige colour seat covers that will also go well with interior of my Black Beast.
I don't reckon seat covers are necessary on a W10, particularly as it comes with factory-made Leather seats. Furthermore, the service advisers would themselves advise against purchasing seat covers as it may interfere with the Airbags - XUV W10 has side airbags too.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:34   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Mahindra is silently doing a minor recall for W10 variants. The power seat switches will be replaced as part of recall as Mahindra has identified a quality issue. My car is currently at service center as part of this recall. They are calling affected vehicle owners directly to get this rectified.
Had to be, The power seat switch in my car started acting weird from day 2 itself, Even now if i press the button once to move the seat forward even if i leave the button the seat keeps going forward! I haven't received any call as of now, But thanks ill take this issue up when my car goes in for servicing.
Old 22nd March 2017, 22:59   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Had to be, The power seat switch in my car started acting weird from day 2 itself, Even now if i press the button once to move the seat forward even if i leave the button the seat keeps going forward! I haven't received any call as of now, But thanks ill take this issue up when my car goes in for servicing.
Touchwood ! This niggle/issue hasn't cropped up thus far on my vehicle yet- I did call up the Trivandrum Mahindra Service advisors in relation to this (both the Android Car Play and this recall), and they seem to be unaware of this.
Old 23rd March 2017, 01:50   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Touchwood ! This niggle/issue hasn't cropped up thus far on my vehicle yet- I did call up the Trivandrum Mahindra Service advisors in relation to this (both the Android Car Play and this recall), and they seem to be unaware of this.
I have never ever got a confirmation of any recall over the phone, In my experience with Mahindra past 5 years, Its mostly the people who answer the phone are not aware of it and probably rub off the work from their shoulders, But if any recall was automatically done when the car was sent in for servicing, Mahindra has its own way of doing its work.
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:31   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Folks got the 3rd free 20K service done on my prev gen XUV a week back. Total bill came to 6300. Items replaced were engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter and AC filter. Only niggle reported was hand brake wire wiggling sound which was fixed. In addition to that SA found couple of extra sounds which he wanted to identify source and fix, but since they didnt bother me told him not to. DIdnt want them opening stuff and creating some other rattle . A.S.S used was Sireesh Auto, Marathahalli.

Overall the ownership in last 2 years has been fairly satisfactory. No typical mahindra issues seen yet that are reported on the forum. I guess the prev gen model was fairly stable by 2015 when i bought it. Out of the 18K km drive so far, 5K is on highways and 13k is in Bangalore city. This car is certainly a highway beast and I look forward to any kind of highway trip. In the city as well I havnt felt any limitation due to its size vs my hatch. The sheer driveability of the engine is such a boon in city that even the reasonably good Figo diesel 1.4 TDCi seems undriveable to me at times . Still look forward to leave for work in the morning just for the drive despite Bangalore rush hour traffic.

Future upgrade list is the very avg ICE. Just not getting the time to get it done.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks