BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Here you go -

Attachment 1612150
Attachment 1612151

Hope this helps.
Thanx buddy the photos were great help. I compared the photos with my settings the host & VIP software version of mine are 3.0.0 that is because I haven't yet upgraded my software. The main board h/w version and display h/w version is the same so am keeping my hopes alive. I will confront the service exec with this info and let me see his reaction, I have a feeling that probably M&M may have dissuaded their technicians from carrying out this mod.
Will keep you updated.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:39   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Guys,

Need a help. My colleague has a XUV W8 that he bought in Jan '16. The question is about the bluetooth system in the car. It appears that that you cannot make the system 'visible' for other bluetooth devices, it can only scan for other 'visible' devices. Now the corporate blackberry devices that we have got from our org doesn't allow us to make the phone 'visible'. We are right now stuck between two bluetooth devices that expect the other device to be 'visible'

Any ideas on how we can make the HU of the XUV W8 'visible' to other devices. I had a quick look at the settings and couldn't figure that out...

Thanks in advance for the help!
-shifu
Anybody who has an iota of advice on how to do this would be regarded as a big savior. I am clueless, please help!
Old 24th February 2017, 09:26   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody who has an iota of advice on how to do this would be regarded as a big savior. I am clueless, please help!
At this stage I am sure M&M designers haven't used a blackberry to develop their infotainment system. Further, I am sure neither the service team will be able to sort this out.

The best option for you is to tweet this problem to Anand Mahindra/Dr Goenka.

This will be the only way to get prompt action from across all teams.

If someone does know the solution, please put it up.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 09:45   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

shifu, I doubt if this will ever work in current scenario. The very intent of keeping the phone secure is what your EMS team wants. So there is no way you can override those settings without blessings from your admin team. You need to talk to your EMS team and add an exception for the specific device to be allowed to connect. The manifest file that governs the security profile for your BB can be tweaked by them. Ask your approval manager to waive off this one time connection and let it be added as trusted source.

The other way around could be - using some other android phone, note the bluetooth adaptor address. And if your BB allows, manually add that address. I am not used to BB so not exactly sure if that will work but I am thinking loud on the similar terms of hidden wifi access points. You can manually add them.

Nevertheless, no harm in writing to customer care and asking for this particular problem to be approached for solution. They will for sure revert in 2 weeks time.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 10:53   #1820

https://www.motorbeam.com/2014/01/ti...-window-tints/[/quote]

Any idea where we can get the retractable drop shades for XUV 500?
Old 24th February 2017, 11:22   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The other way around could be - using some other android phone, note the bluetooth adaptor address. And if your BB allows, manually add that address.
This is an interesting idea. Many thanks! I'll try to fiddle a bit here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
At this stage I am sure M&M designers haven't used a blackberry to develop their infotainment system.
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am very surprised that there is no simple way to make the infotainment system 'visible' to BT devices in W8/W10. It is an option that is there in W6!

Below is the screenshot from its manual.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20170216-10_34_42infotainment_map_dom_28082015.pdf.png

There is a similar option in my car (Vento) as well.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-vento_bt.png

I'll try the idea that abirnale gave and reach out to M&M if it doesn't work.
Old 25th February 2017, 23:27   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am very surprised that there is no simple way to make the infotainment system 'visible' to BT devices in W8/W10. It is an option that is there in W6!.
It isn't that way that the cheaper W6 has the option and costlier W8/10 doesn't have it, the BT hidden option is silver box manufacturer specific. Once u switch on Bluetooth from settings option in ur W8/W10 it does remain discoverable. Have you switched on the BT in your xuv system ?? your phone may not permit it to be discoverable but then the xuv BT(if ON) should be discovered by your BB.
Old 26th February 2017, 09:40   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Once u switch on Bluetooth from settings option in ur W8/W10 it does remain discoverable. Have you switched on the BT in your xuv system ?? your phone may not permit it to be discoverable but then the xuv BT(if ON) should be discovered by your BB.
Yes, that's the first thing we tried. And when it didn't work, we realised that there is no way to make the HU in the XUV discoverable.

Are you saying this after trying? If it works in your car, and doesn't in this then I'll suggest him to show it at the service centre.

Can you please confirm? And if it isn't too much of a trouble, could you shoot a short video. We can use that to show the service centre what is missing in this car.

Many thanks !!
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:54   #1824
KAN
BHPian

I had my XUV punctured two times (with tiretronics alarm) in last 3 to 4 months and I got is fixed at two different petrol pump side puncture shops, here in Gurgaon. Both times there was a nail that had caused puncture but that is not the issue. What happened interestingly on both instances the puncture guy advised that the air was also leaking at the place the value joins the alloy wheels. And advised to change the value. First time I was really scared that this might impact tiretronics sensor so I got it checked at service center all they said there was no leak. When this was highlighted again second time it raised a flag in my mind if this is some tactics to make more money done by puncture guys or is this something typical of alloy wheels?
Also I had read in some posts on recommendations to get Phillips DRLs for XUV. Can anyone recommend any shop in Gurgaon for getting DRLs fixed (any cost estimates?). I want to get it fixed just below the fog lamps. Also does this void any warranty over battery/ etc from Mahindra?
Old 4th March 2017, 21:03   #1825
BHPian

Apologies for the poor quality pictures.
Guess what Mahindra is bringing for us new age XUV owners?

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170304-7.44.18-pm.jpeg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170304-7.44.13-pm.jpeg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170304-7.44.09-pm.jpeg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170304-7.44.22-pm.jpeg

This is in my own car. I am testing and am going to provide feedback to Mahindra. Super stoked about this. I think its awesome that Mahindra is still updating the software in a 2 year old car.

Android Auto is very intuitive. I won't go into details of Android Auto here since there are other threads for that.
Besides Android Auto there is a new tab with lots of metrics about the car in general (including whether the clutch is being ridden or the engine is being redlined etc.) called Ecosense. There is also a recommended gear indicator. I will try to provide more information tomorrow.

Last edited by nd4$pd : 4th March 2017 at 21:10.
nd4$pd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 23:54   #1826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Apologies for the poor quality pictures.
Thanks a lot for updating XUV owners about the change. You have to respect Mahindra for updating the HU frequently and adding features.

On a sidenote, did you encounter any bugs (although I know they will be ironed out) and more importantly, is there an option for mood lighting (Mahindra is rumoured to have been adding customisable mood lighting to the XUV feature list) in the Software? I also see a Wifi symbol underneath.

Regards,
Vishy76
Old 5th March 2017, 13:38   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAN View Post
What happened interestingly on both instances the puncture guy advised that the air was also leaking at the place the value joins the alloy wheels. And advised to change the value. First time I was really scared that this might impact tiretronics sensor so I got it checked at service center all they said there was no leak. When this was highlighted again second time it raised a flag in my mind if this is some tactics to make more money done by puncture guys or is this something typical of alloy wheels?
Typical of puncture guys doing it for tubeless tires. They try this trick everytime when my swift has a puncture- the tires are tubeless on non alloy rims. And for some reason, the valves cost Rs. 250/- !

Quote:

Besides Android Auto there is a new tab with lots of metrics about the car in general (including whether the clutch is being ridden or the engine is being redlined etc.) called Ecosense. There is also a recommended gear indicator. I will try to provide more information tomorrow.
Extremely interested in this, and very happy that is can be made available to existing owners as well. I have a March 2016 manufactured XUV5oo and I can barely wait for this.
Old 5th March 2017, 18:49   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
On a sidenote, did you encounter any bugs (although I know they will be ironed out) and more importantly, is there an option for mood lighting (Mahindra is rumoured to have been adding customisable mood lighting to the XUV feature list) in the Software? I also see a Wifi symbol underneath.

Regards,
Vishy76
I haven't had a chance to test this thoroughly yet. But I have a 800km trip planned this week. So will be able to find bugs (if any). There is no option for mood lighting (for existing owners) since it will probably require different (LED) hardware for the lounge lighting system.

The WiFi symbol was there prior to the update also AFAIR
Old 5th March 2017, 21:16   #1829
BHPian

@nd4$pd: how did you get Android Auto in your XUV? Are you some sort of beta tester ?
Old 6th March 2017, 10:04   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome update and most awaited I must say. May be iPhone users will have to trade-in their phones with Android but nevertheless the welcome change. I am excited to see the detailed review on how the combination of things will work - I mean the existing Tyretronics, Alerts and info, music etc with Android Auto. Can we run the Google maps as well as MMI maps in parallel? Is it ok to add a Android phone for Auto and continue to use the iPhone or something like that for just phone features? Actually tons of questions... Sorry for firing them, I am super excited and curious to understand. ay be an informed decision to participate/ show willingness to my SA to trial this on my car as well.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks