Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 20:08   #1591
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.saab View Post
Hello Gearbox. my 2 cents. I own a XUV 500 w10 for almost 4 months now and have driven 4500kms which includes a marathon drive of 1650kms in two days. The best thing about XUV is the comfort it offers and the power it offers right from 1300 rpm. I don't think you can find all this ( a 7 seat configuration, butch look and a gem of a engine) in the below 20 lakh bracket.
No doubt about the engine performance, the engine is a gem!! I am just not sure about the luggage space, that's the only niggle i have in my head.
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 21:14   #1592
BHPian

Hi all, Want some advice.
Is it advisable to install a front guard on the new XUV? I remember reading about the old gen XUV somewhere that one should not install front guard on it as it interferes with airbag deployment. Is it the same case with the new XUV or it can be installed on it?
Old 9th July 2016, 21:23   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
No doubt about the engine performance, the engine is a gem!! I am just not sure about the luggage space, that's the only niggle i have in my head.
I wouldn't call lack of luggage space "a niggle". Come on, how many times do we travel with 7 people in the car; not often, right. I keep one seat in the last row folded which gives me just sufficient space to carry around stuff in an average condition. But yes, if you are the luggage carrier type with 7 people around, XUV is not for you.
Old 9th July 2016, 22:08   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi all, Want some advice.
Is it advisable to install a front guard on the new XUV? I remember reading about the old gen XUV somewhere that one should not install front guard on it as it interferes with airbag deployment. Is it the same case with the new XUV or it can be installed on it?
Not advisable, Even our bhpian Madhu had installed it but he too felt the handling affected on expressway speeds, Along with the issue of interferes with the airbag deployment, In short it can do more harm than good, Best avoided.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 00:14   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Not advisable, Even our bhpian Madhu had installed it but he too felt the handling affected on expressway speeds, Along with the issue of interferes with the airbag deployment, In short it can do more harm than good, Best avoided.
Thanks a lot Tanveer. That puts me out of the quandry
Old 11th July 2016, 14:48   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Well, don't let luggage space be the only deciding factor for you. Unless your situation demands it, i.e., you are probably driving will full passenger load and lot of luggage all the time. Whatever other option you may consider, you will not get this kind of value package - engine performance, power, seating capacity, road performance and handling, presence on road, at this price point etc. That was the overall deciding factor for me. Good luck.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 15:42   #1597
BHPian

I would second that - the XUV500 scores well on all the mentioned points. I have had a few niggles, but the service centre has been able to fix them. Even in city traffic I find driving the MT version quite OK. I don't take it out much within the city though because of non-availability of parking.

In my case I have removed the 3rd row of seat so that I can carry more stuff. After 25000 km of use, I have no regrets in buying this vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Well, don't let luggage space be the only deciding factor for you. Unless your situation demands it, i.e., you are probably driving will full passenger load and lot of luggage all the time. Whatever other option you may consider, you will not get this kind of value package - engine performance, power, seating capacity, road performance and handling, presence on road, at this price point etc. That was the overall deciding factor for me. Good luck.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:14   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post

In my case I have removed the 3rd row of seat so that I can carry more stuff. After 25000 km of use, I have no regrets in buying this vehicle.
Hi, how easy was to remove the 3rd row seats and isn't it a issue that after removing the 3rd row the space is not flat.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:28   #1599
BHPian

I had the seats removed at the service centre, but it is quite easy. Remove the tools storage section first and then the 4 bolts for each seat. The floor of the boot is quite flat except for a depression behind and under the second row of seats. My tools and some cleaning supplies go there. Looks quite neat actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hi, how easy was to remove the 3rd row seats and isn't it a issue that after removing the 3rd row the space is not flat.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:09   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
I had the seats removed at the service centre.
Hi arao,

Could you please post an image of the boot with seats removed?
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 22:34   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Hi arao,

Could you please post an image of the boot with seats removed?
I was planning to do that after I get back from Agumbe, but here they are. Night pics on iPhone with flash, so terrible quality. The first picture shows the area behind the 2nd row of seats, the second one shows the part where the toolbox has been removed.

I then covered the whole area with a noodle mat. Hope this helps.

Tx.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0834.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0835.jpg  

arao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 13:34   #1602
BHPian

Any idea on who the service provider for the maps is,and if an update is round the corner? They are quite outdated. Drove to Lepakshi on the eid holiday, and maps was not able to find the place! Not the temple of Nandi, but the town itself came as "Not found" in the search results. Similarly, no mention of Hotel Shangri-La in Bangalore, or Matrimandir in Auroville.
Old 14th July 2016, 20:21   #1603
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians,

I am planning to buy XUV 500 AT in Aug.

Could you please help me with following info:

1. What are the offers members got from dealers on the quoted price and any freebies which were doled out.

2. is W10 At AWD a good option in XUV 500. I have seen lots points on AWD discussion but not sure if it will add value in XUV 500 At models. Or is W8 AT sufficient.

3. Does it make sense to get alloy for the fifth tire. My view is that if 5th tire also has alloy then if one of the four tires get punctured, you can use the 5th one and use it as regular tire or else if its normal rim it looks ugly and you just use it for temporary purpose.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 18th July 2016, 14:34   #1604
KAN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
A question to the W10 owners, Does the driver's power seat go back in one touch? For instance do we just have to press the button backwards once and the seat would keep on going back till we push the button backwards again? I don't remember how is used to work since the day i got it, But i feel the button on my seat is a bit jammed or does it just work like that?

EDIT: Sorry for the back to back post, The time for editing my previous post had passed by.
The seat moves for the duration the button is pressed, if you stop pressing it will stop there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Was cruising the highways when a small stone hit my windscreen and caused this crack!

Having a 0% depreciation insurance, will replacement of the windscreen be covered?
Same thing happened to me as well. Not sure if the quality of windshield has gone down in the new XUV. The one I have is a little small and near the top so at the moment I am just going with it!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th July 2016 at 16:05. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
KAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 16:03   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Any idea on who the service provider for the maps is,and if an update is round the corner? They are quite outdated. Drove to Lepakshi on the eid holiday, and maps was not able to find the place! Not the temple of Nandi, but the town itself came as "Not found" in the search results. Similarly, no mention of Hotel Shangri-La in Bangalore, or Matrimandir in Auroville.
Shouldn't this be directly from Mapmyindia? Of course it will depend on the agreement between Mahindra and the provider, meaning, while Mapmyindia may have updated the commercially available products, that doesn't really mean XUV maps should also be updated.

On that note, does any have any update on the Google Android Auto integration that was widely announced to be soon available for XUV?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks