Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 00:18   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I paid Rs.2000 for this. The chrome ascents are for all three rows for AC vents and power window switches.

Got it done a month back and didn't face any distraction yet.
And i guess they would be stuck using a 3M tape? Some more pictures if possible.
Old 14th June 2016, 11:02   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Anyone facing the issue to go for this fix blindfolded as it has made my life easier as that nagging rattle is gone for good.
I face a similar issue, when I am moving from the 3rd to the 4th gear. In my case, its a minor rattle/ vibration in the front LHS window. Haven't noticed any vibration on the gear knob, will keep an eye out.

I also notice a couple of other things:

1. At times, in the 3rd gear, i feel a power surge- almost like as if cruise control is activated and the car is maintaining the speed. At first, I thought that I am activating the cruise control by mistake, but now I am very careful where I place my hands (on the steering wheel). Last week, I slotted into the 3rd gear when my car was shy of 30, and the car maintained the speed at 30, for almost 500- 700 meters (had to brake after that, as I was reaching an intersection), even though the road was at a slight incline (upwards) and I had removed my foot from the accelerator. Does not happen all the time, and not sure if this is normal.

2. Are the body panels rough to touch? Applied Turtle wax over the weekend, and while a few panels have become smooth, some remain rough- like the center part of the bonnet, the section just below the side windows etc. At first, I thought that I have applied less wax, and I applied one more coat on the bonnet, but the center still remains rough.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 14th June 2016, 11:50   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

1. At times, in the 3rd gear, i feel a power surge- almost like as if cruise control is activated and the car is maintaining the speed. At first, I thought that I am activating the cruise control by mistake, but now I am very careful where I place my hands (on the steering wheel). Last week, I slotted into the 3rd gear when my car was shy of 30, and the car maintained the speed at 30, for almost 500- 700 meters (had to brake after that, as I was reaching an intersection), even though the road was at a slight incline (upwards) and I had removed my foot from the accelerator. Does not happen all the time, and not sure if this is normal.
Initially I was also skeptical if this is an issue, later got to know that it is the turbo which is in action here. After a sudden surge in 3rd gear, the turbo will take some time to cool down and hence the momentum is still present which makes the car move without any input. You can brake or shift gears to take control of the car. So this is absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. Hope I am not wrong
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 11:53   #1519
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Ajay
This is totally normal. It happens so that the car doesn't get stalled hence when there is no accelerator input from the driver its automatically controlled.

This feature is there in many cruise control cars, have seen it in my friends Honda city even.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 11:59   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
This is totally normal. It happens so that the car doesn't get stalled hence when there is no accelerator input from the driver its automatically controlled.

This feature is there in many cruise control cars, have seen it in my friends Honda city even.
In my case, it happens even though there is input from me. I remove the foot from the accelerator to compensate for the surge. I find it strange, rather worrying, that the car should decide automatically to supply power, even if there is no input from the driver- for instance, I might remove the foot to slow the vehicle gradually, due to a traffic light a few meters ahead etc.

My car has stalled multiple times in the 3rd gear (including today morning), when my speed dropped considerably, and I did not downshift in time. I am more inclined to go with the Turbo kicking in theory- that sounds more logical to me.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 14th June 2016 at 12:02.
Old 14th June 2016, 23:55   #1521
BHPian

@ Ajayclicks what Rahul is saying is correct you don't have to give any input the car tries to maintain a minimum engine rpm even when you remove your leg from the pedal and if you are not in a very high gear that rpm is enough not to stall the engine and continue to propel it. It however will end if u are going upslope works only on level road. It is akin to you slotting into first gear and if you remove ur foot off the clutch the car will start moving fwd with no input to accelerator.

I also find a typically metallic sound from the left and right front windows, more noticeable if the glass is pulled down a notch approx a cm or so. Doesn't happen always but occurs and difficult to reproduce when wanted it to be shown at SS. The sound is exactly like what you will hear if you strike a metal rod to the glass. Any solution as I am unable to home onto the cause/source
Old 15th June 2016, 00:23   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
It is akin to you slotting into first gear and if you remove ur foot off the clutch the car will start moving fwd with no input to accelerator.
I am not good at technical, so as long as there is no apparent issue in my car, I am fine

I need to resolve an irritating metallic squeak that comes from somewhere in the rear, when the vehicle goes over a rough patch. The SA blamed it on my not locking the middle row seat properly (the one that tumbles down), and also applied some grease, but this lasted for only 3-4 days. I am applying maximum pressure on the locks, and I think the source of the squeak is somewhere else. Not sure if I can wait for the first service to resolve this squeak
Old 15th June 2016, 00:51   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Last week, I slotted into the 3rd gear when my car was shy of 30, and the car maintained the speed at 30, for almost 500- 700 meters (had to brake after that, as I was reaching an intersection), even though the road was at a slight incline (upwards) and I had removed my foot from the accelerator. Does not happen all the time, and not sure if this is normal...
This is the ECU in action making sure it manages minimum speed Vs the rpm / gear so that the vehicle doesn't stall. Now, this also means that you shifted at a wrong rpm Vs speed for which, the ECU is regulating the speed instead of you. I'd say it's not a good practice to shift into 3rd at 30 kmph unless you are managing a smooth roll off speed.

I suggest you shift the gears at 2000 rpm in each gear unless you are crawling in traffic. For diesel cars, shifting at early rpms neither returns a good FE as per reports.

Edit:: And yes, you car will keep moving at this speed or slightly higher speed without any accelerator inputs. I wouldn't call it a feature, but most modern engines / cars employ this technique. Please avoid such early shifts when you are tailgating slower vehicles (in city especially). There is a high chance this will catch you unaware with a quick acceleration and rear ending the vehicle in the front.

If you don't have enough speed & rpm to engage the next gear, please stay in the current gear. The second gear can easily take a 30 kmph.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th June 2016 at 00:55. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 01:21   #1524

A quick question, how accurate is tiretronics? I got my car on June 3rd 2016 and when the mahindra demo person was explaining the features I asked him that the tiretronics showed me between 27-29. He told me that tiretronics quite accurate and I should top-up the pressure. I did that today, except for one tire all other tires pressure was fine on the air compressor, 32psi; but the tiretronics still shows between 28-29. Is this normal or do have I have to get this checked?
Old 15th June 2016, 09:23   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdash View Post
I did that today, except for one tire all other tires pressure was fine on the air compressor, 32psi; but the tiretronics still shows between 28-29. Is this normal or do have I have to get this checked?
Happening to me as well. I had posted about this a few pages back. I visited 4 pumps over a week (including two shell) and its the same story. I now monitor the fall in pressure in the tiretronics- fill air at the pump, check tiretronics- it shows 29- 29.5. Checked tiretronics after a week- it still shows the same...This allows me to rule out any issues around slow air leak.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 15th June 2016 at 09:26.
Old 15th June 2016, 11:53   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
I also find a typically metallic sound from the left and right front windows, more noticeable if the glass is pulled down a notch approx a cm or so. Doesn't happen always but occurs and difficult to reproduce when wanted it to be shown at SS. The sound is exactly like what you will hear if you strike a metal rod to the glass. Any solution as I am unable to home onto the cause/source
That was the problem with my vehicle as well. I was able to reproduce the same on a Test drive with ASS. The problem lies with two wires inside the door. One of the wires doesn't have a hook and is just hanging in there, which when hits the door, creates some rattling sounds. They inserted a foam piece between the wire and the door and it hasn't bothered me since then. Have completed almost 1000 KMs after that.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-tbhp.jpg  

mun1shk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 15:59   #1527

Thanks ajayclicks, reassuring to know that I'm not the only one. Did you check with service station? Is there a way they can recalibrate it?
Old 16th June 2016, 10:04   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ajayclicks, reassuring to know that I'm not the only one. Did you check with service station? Is there a way they can recalibrate it?
Haven't checked with them yet. I am 1300 kms away from my first service. Will mention it then. I am sure there is a way to re-calibrate. There is a section on it in the user manual- to be done after your tyres are rotated. Seemed a little complicated, so I did not attempt a DIY
Old 16th June 2016, 10:33   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way they can recalibrate it?
Quote:
Haven't checked with them yet. I am 1300 kms away from my first service. Will mention it then. I am sure there is a way to re-calibrate. There is a section on it in the user manual- to be done after your tyres are rotated. Seemed a little complicated, so I did not attempt a DIY
There is button similar to trip meter button on the left side of the cowl to do TPMS learning. Probably this video will help you guys,

And I assume it is the same in New age XUV's as well.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 13:36   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
And I assume it is the same in New age XUV's as well.
Thanks Sunay, since this involves deflating all the tyres, I will address the issue when I get the car serviced.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks