Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 08:29   #1486

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
Hello Sunil,
Thank you for the pictures. I own a W6 as well. Can you please help me out with the following?
Anand - No problem, glad if it helps someone. Here you go:

#1 - I had to replace the entire Tailgate Accent and it cost 2000

#2 - Maybe the camera would have been fixed below the tailgate but I did not insist Mahindra, so I guess they have gone with regular fitment

#3 - You are right - I'm not able to access the reverse camera from Car Info Section. I'm not sure if that works for W6. Will be curious to know if that is a possibility in W6.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_2708.jpg

#4- OEM Alloys (for 4) got it for - 48560

Last edited by ampere : 5th June 2016 at 10:16.
sssunil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:44   #1487
BHPian

Mahindra has launched the face-lifted XUV500 in Kenya for a starting price of 3.5 million Kenyan shillings (INR 23,14,170.28). The Mahindra XUV500 is distributed in Kenya by Simba Corporation’s Xylon Motors.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-mahindraxuv500kenyanlaunch.jpg

The vehicle will be available only in 2 AT variants - W8 & W10

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/06/m...d-kenya-234364
Old 6th June 2016, 22:40   #1488
BHPian

Hi all, finally after a wait of two years, lots of research on teambhp, reviews by owners, opinions by friends, and a long test drive, went ahead and got the ownership to my XUV 500 FWD W 10 in dolphin grey on 26 may 16. Ex CSD from ahmedabad was 13, 67, 255....38 k for the insurance and 82000 for the regn from CH01...

Had a long drive of 2300 kms from ahmedabad to delhi to chandigarh to delhi and allahabad in first 4 days...this weekend went back to chandigarh and back totalling up 4300 kms.

Accessory fitted at dealer is foot rest 15 k and foot mats 2 k....no niggles till now...got a small stone hitting the windscreen bang in fromt of eye vision...really disappointed with that...I am very happy with the comfort in driving but strongly feel underthigh support is pathetic...either that or i am doing something wrong with the seats.

The best features i like are cruise control, leg space in middle seat, lots of cubby holes, starts stop, sun roof, in that order.

I feel that the steering has mis aligned a little to the tune of 10 degrees from the centre position.. may be i am paranoid...please help guys...

Will post pics and review soon...
SX4LOVER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 02:56   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I feel that the steering has mis aligned a little to the tune of 10 degrees from the centre position.. may be i am paranoid...please help guys...
I do feel the same sometimes in both my XUV as well as the jetta, Even though there is nothing wrong with the steering or the alignment of the car, I tend to leave the steering just to check if the car goes straight, Sometimes it doesn't due to the road conditions and rarely even when the tyre pressure isn't proper.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:02   #1490
BHPian

Has anyone tried these wiper blades for the XUV500?

Autofurnish F8 Series Premium Silicon Wiper Blades for Mahindra XUV500 (D)24" (P)20"

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01E1F..._st_dp_summary

Last edited by pillainp : 7th June 2016 at 13:07.
Old 7th June 2016, 13:51   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Has anyone tried these wiper blades for the XUV500?

Autofurnish F8 Series Premium Silicon Wiper Blades for Mahindra XUV500 (D)24" (P)20"

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01E1F..._st_dp_summary
I have tried those F8 series of Auto furnish.
Installed them 10 day ago.
Bought from Amazon for 799/-
working fine .Far better than OEM.
Installation was effortless . No extra fitments were used.
Old 8th June 2016, 10:41   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Had spoken to my service advisor just yesterday, He did not say there is any update or recall for my car which is also a 2015 model, Apart from just one update for the infotainment system.
I am out of town and got my vehicle delivered to my home. I will have to go and visit the service center and ask them about this recall. Will keep you posted.

On the other note, I clearly told the SA not to perform any optional job like Engine coating, AC cleaning etc. In spite of this, they have charged me for these jobs. I have raised a complaint with Mahindra and Sireesh Auto on this.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 22:41   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I left my Sep2015 new age XUV for 2nd service at Sireesh Auto Singasandra today. Later in the afternoon, I was told that my vehicle is in recall list for gearbox component replacement. I am yet to get the exact details. Did anyone gone through this for your vehicle ?
Hi
Yes i own a W6 December 2015 manufactured model. I gave for first service 3 weeks ago and there was a recall for gear box component "a particular nut had to be replaced or tightened"

As I enquired, I dont think there is proactive communication from Mahindra on this, however once you give it for service they wont return until actioning on the recall if there is any.

Thanks!
Arun
Old 8th June 2016, 22:53   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Hi
Yes i own a W6 December 2015 manufactured model. I gave for first service 3 weeks ago and there was a recall for gear box component "a particular nut had to be replaced or tightened"

As I enquired, I dont think there is proactive communication from Mahindra on this, however once you give it for service they wont return until actioning on the recall if there is any.

Thanks!
Arun
Thanks for the info. Somehow I feel that the engine running sound is lot different than what it used to be before this replacement. Did you find any difference?
Old 8th June 2016, 23:55   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Also tanveer read somewhere you can connect two mobile devices via Bluetooth one for calls and the other for music. That's pretty cool though I have all my music on the iPhone 6 plus.
That's correct, I have my iPhone connected for calls and Nexus 6P connected for music. If you carry both phones with you at all times it remembers this preferences even after a restart.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 23:58   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
That's correct, I have my iPhone connected for calls and Nexus 6P connected for music. If you carry both phones with you at all times it remembers this preferences even after a restart.
And thats something i do like! I have my sisters phone paired for music, And i connect mine for receiving or making calls, Its comes in handy for sure, The new infotainment update looks pretty cool as well.
Old 9th June 2016, 11:16   #1497
BHPian

Could not find the keys to the XUV this morning. Was sure that I had not dropped it anywhere last night. Was getting late to work, so took the spare key, and was relieved to see the XUV still parked in its slot. Reached office, and opened my laptop bag, to find the original key there!

I had put the key in my bag, when I reached office yesterday, and forgot all about it. Had a late evening call, that I had to take from office, and left for home in a rush, the moment my call got over. Since its a smart key (March 2016 W8), I usually unlock, drive, and lock the car, without taking the key out of my shirt pocket. Hence, I did not miss the "absence" of key from my shirt pocket when I was returning home last night.

I guess a silver lining to this smart key is that you will never be able to lock yourself out of the vehicle
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 13:04   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Thanks for the info. Somehow I feel that the engine running sound is lot different than what it used to be before this replacement. Did you find any difference?
My XUV 500 W8 is Oct 2015 model. It was recently given for second service. Service advisor informed me about replacing some gearbox component as per directive from company. It was kept for two days. Yes, engine running sound has changed and seems to be little louder and not smooth it used to be earlier . I had raised sound concern with service engineer but he didn’t agree with me. Requesting other XUV owners to share their feedback.
rakesht_ripps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 13:20   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
My XUV 500 W8 is Oct 2015 model. It was recently given for second service. Service advisor informed me about replacing some gearbox component as per directive from company. It was kept for two days. Yes, engine running sound has changed and seems to be little louder and not smooth it used to be earlier . I had raised sound concern with service engineer but he didn’t agree with me. Requesting other XUV owners to share their feedback.
Exactly !!! I am going to the service center on Saturday to find out why the engine sound is different. I will keep all posted on this.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 21:59   #1500
Senior - BHPian

I did not know that HDC can be activated when the car is in neutral! According to the manual if the car is in neutral the car will maintain a speed of 45kph, Anyone tried it yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks