Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 18:55   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Congratulations on your new vehicle! The simplest way to make a Scorpio less bouncy or prone to body roll is to load it with weight - either people or a sack filled with sand at the back. A full Scorpio is smoother to drive than one with only 1 or 2 people in it
Best possible advice! This is for family trips, my Fiesta suits me just fine for my usual solo cruising (which is back and forth between Chennai and Bangalore once a month) so no fear about a less loaded vehicle.

My daughter gets carsick if the windows are left closed and AC is on. My son gets carsick if the windows are open. Both tend to get carsick in a body rolling environment. So while I can't do much about the windows situation besides giving them lemon flavoured sweets to suck, I am sure some body roll issues can be sorted out.

32 psi for all 4 tyres? Sounds like a plan, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But it doesn't specify if it is an H4 or H7, any detail on that?
The fog lamp is a H8 35W as far as I can see, could be wrong of course.

Easier to just go to your local dealer & ask, it should be easy to figure out once they remove the fog lamp bulb and check what it is.

Last edited by hserus : 4th April 2018 at 19:13.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 19:34   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I'm acquiring a used 2015 S10 with a bit less than 41k on the clock from

While it is the newer variety of Scorpio there's still some amount of body roll.

What works best to dampen out the body roll?

1. 3rd party shocks from ARC?
2. Rogerab coil spring dampers?
As a new TUV 300 owner, with the same bounce and roll as a Scorpio, I have run also mentally through sandbags in the back and Rogerabs polyurethane dampers. The ARC shocks are doable in your case, provided the Scorpio is out of warranty. The Rogerabs can be fitted even if it's under warranty, as it's a plug and play fitment which can be removed before taking it to an OEM-authorized service center.

The unknown with Rogerabs is the effect it'll have on the springs in the suspension. Theoretically, it should cause bending of the springs, since a part of the spring is seldom used where the damper is fitted. In the international market, there have been reports of such damage. On the other hand, in GTO's thread on suspension dampers, I have seen at least one user state that they have used softer rubber dampers (not from Rogerabs, which uses harder polyurethane dampers) uneventfully for 5+ years.

XUV owners have tried Rogerabs and removed it, saying there's no effect, aside from increasing its height. Captain Rex has, though, been using it on his TUV 300.

There, I've done my part to contribute absolutely nothing to you

Congrats, by the way. It's a mouth-watering car you got there.
locusjag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 20:27   #813
Senior - BHPian

That same confusion is what drove me to ask.

As you say, rubber dampers rather than PU ones might be a better idea. They’ll last rather less long compared to Rogerab but cheap at the price if it doesn’t bend springs.
Old 5th April 2018, 08:07   #814
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the vehicle. Blue is a great colour for this car. I wish M&M had improved the interior plastic quality though.

Will be good if you can share details of price as well as experience with VJ cars given its your 2nd purchase from them ( and in general everyone talks poorly of used car dealers - so there must be something really good about these chaps to get the repeat business from you ).

Hows the tread life in the tyres ? Will last another 20k ?
Old 5th April 2018, 08:42   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As you say, rubber dampers rather than PU ones might be a better idea. They’ll last rather less long compared to Rogerab but cheap at the price if it doesn’t bend springs.
Some more (unsolicited) advice from me. After you get the car home, use it for a month or so with your family before you finalize anything w.r.t 3rd party shocks/Rogerab dampers. You never know, after a few trips in it under your belt, you might find that the bounce and roll is not as bad as you (& the family, of course) thought after all.

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: The vehicle looks smashing!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th April 2018 at 08:53.
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 09:10   #816
Senior - BHPian

The tyres are under 5 km worn - each still has all the buttons and a 2017 date stamped on it.

My experience with vj cars process when buying my Fiesta is on the thread I created on TBHP - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...s-chennai.html

I don’t think he will have changed his processes in the time between last June when I got the Fiesta and now so that thread should be fine .

He charges a premium for clean and trouble free cars but even so I was able to negotiate to a certain extent. I would have got the car cheaper elsewhere but would have to triple check for tampered odo, abused vehicle etc - he just doesn’t stock such cars.

Note - after the tbhp thread above he has received multiple enquires and also, he says, at least three or four buys, from people who read the review so he’s very aware of BHP now and what it can do to boost his reputation if he does a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats on the vehicle. Blue is a great colour for this car. I wish M&M had improved the interior plastic quality though.

Will be good if you can share details of price as well as experience with VJ cars given its your 2nd purchase from them ( and in general everyone talks poorly of used car dealers - so there must be something really good about these chaps to get the repeat business from you ).

Hows the tread life in the tyres ? Will last another 20k ?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 09:20   #817
Senior - BHPian

That's neat. so the previous owner had changed tyres at 35k kms - quite early but good for you.

I guess you don't want to disclose the price of the vehicle in the forum ? Sorry if i missed noticing it elsewhere if mentioned
Old 5th April 2018, 09:35   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
That's neat. so the previous owner had changed tyres at 35k kms - quite early but good for you.

I guess you don't want to disclose the price of the vehicle in the forum ? Sorry if i missed noticing it elsewhere if mentioned
Stock fitted car tyres usually being cheaper JK / MRF types, I seriously doubt anyone maintaining his car in this immaculate condition would want to continue with them for more than 30-35K km.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:18   #819
Senior - BHPian

Mods sorry for the back to back post.

I just took delivery and look at the key - this explains the immaculate condition and Dueler tyres I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-5f737520b97f4c6eb6cc5da8623ebdeb.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 13:34   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Some more (unsolicited) advice from me. After you get the car home,

P.S: The vehicle looks smashing!
I fully agree with Vikram. Initially my son used to complain about some giddiness while sitting in the second row. But now no more complaints from him even on long journeys.

And heartiest congratulations to you for the Scorpio.
Can you please share the price breakup that you had to pay?

Regards

Vikas
Old 8th April 2018, 16:49   #821
Senior - BHPian

By the way - what’s the procedure to reset the “vehicle needs service” alert that displays on the HU? I will be doing my services for this at a FNG for the most part so .. had better ask.
Old 8th April 2018, 18:01   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what’s the procedure to reset the “vehicle needs service” alert that displays on the HU? I will be doing my services for this at a FNG for the most part so .. had better ask.
From what I know, you can reset it via the OBD, not yourself. A good FNG has the equipment.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 19:08   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I know, you can reset it via the OBD, not yourself. A good FNG has the equipment.
Yup thanks. My FNG does have an OBD - I just have to remind him to reset it.

This is something that's bitten me even at an authorised (Ford) dealer, where they did a 30K service on my Fiesta & then forgot to reset the indicator so a low oil pressure warning light came on some days later when I was in the middle of nowhere on a long drive.
Old 8th April 2018, 19:17   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup thanks. My FNG does have an OBD - I just have to remind him to reset it.

This is something that's bitten me even at an authorised (Ford) dealer, where they did a 30K service on my Fiesta & then forgot to reset the indicator so a low oil pressure warning light came on some days later when I was in the middle of nowhere on a long drive.

(edit) That said the ride is remarkably smooth - I don't think I need Rogerab or anything else for this car for now. Mahindra has certainly done a great job over the older Scorpio.
Old 16th April 2018, 12:54   #825
Senior - BHPian

Update - back to back post but after several days - I have fitted a reverse camera to the scorpio.

Camera from Aliexpress seller Navitech Store from whom I got an excellent android HU, dash cam and reverse cam for my all new Fiesta.

http://s.aliexpress.com/VfmyQnyq

An adapter cable was required to connect the camera’s RCA jacks to the back of the Scorpio HU, and the camera needed to be enabled in the vehicle ECU, which I got done at a Mahindra ASS

The camera now works great, HD quality picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-280d41432169415db628ffbede969f66.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks