Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 08:44   #601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Scorpio to get mild hybrid system.

Mahindra’s 2.2-litre diesel engine Scorpio to get Maruti-like hybrid system; dubbed ‘Intelli-hybrid’
Link
I suppose this will also result in lowering of taxes due to the Scorpio being a hybrid. Good move by Mahindra!
Old 26th July 2016, 04:59   #602

Hi,
Can fellow members from the NCR confirm if the new 1.99 version of the Scorpio is available in S4+ 4wd version. I was in for a shock when i went to one of the showrooms in GGN and was told by the SA that in NCR region 4wd Scorpio is only available in S10 and S4+ 1.99 4wd is no longer available. I find this very hard to believe, could anyone please confirm?

Thank you
Old 27th July 2016, 17:20   #603
BHPian

Hi Friends, wanted to share my views about my new Gen Scorpio after a 1500 kilometer trip that I completed 2-3 days back. But first a background.

I bought this car since my old Wagon R was showing some signs of aging and I used to feel a bit uncomfortable driving it during late hours or on long journeys. When I ventured out in market in October 2015, I had no particular vehicle in mind. Though I think some where in my mind, I wanted to go for a 7-seater. I considered Xylo, Lodgy, Safari, Innova and Scorpio during this phase. Except Xylo and Lodgy rest others were more aspirational choices from budget perspective. Xylo was outrightly rejected by family and friends and Lodgy I could not muster enough courage since it being a new car in the market. In between thoughts crossed my mind to go for more budget options like Dzire, Ertiga or a Etios and do not splurge money.

Finally one fine day I decided to visit showroom and check the cars in flesh and blood. Scorpio met all our criteria and we were more than happy to bring it home. I think the biggest support for it came from my wife who really liked its shape, prominence on the road and the space. My son equally loved it. Budget was a consideration as I never wanted to move beyond 10 Lakh limit. But some times heart rules and head takes a back seat. I finally booked S10 in molten red colour. My car was delivered in first week of November and luckily I missed the deadline of SC to stop the registration of diesel vehicles above 2000cc. What turned the deal in favour of Scorpio - really good looks & commanding position from front seat, lots of space, chance to own a top model (S10 here), the colour that we were looking for, turned the deal in favour of Scorpio.

So far the car has been used primarily in city driving except a single trip to Jaipur and it was a nice one. We traveled to all the forts till the last point where vehicles were allowed. I once felt the goose bumps during a steep ascend in Amer fort but finally managed it with help from a friend who kept on guiding me on how to use hand brake in the scenario.

This time I took a journey to my village in the hinterland of eastern UP. The distance that I traveled was close to 765 kms one way with two breaks in-between of 20 mins and 45 mins duration. Though roads are now pretty good till close to my village but still there are some really really bad patches which are horrible. The situation was bad because of recent heavy rains in the area. And no where I felt uncomfortable while negotiating any trouble. Scorpio is a pleasure to drive specially on highways and equally good on rough patches. mHawk is very peppy and eager to jump as soon as you remove your foot from the clutch. Though it never created any troubles for me in bumper to bumper traffic as well in jams. Even the brakes of the Scorpio gave me sufficient confidence to handle any eventuality. Since my Scorpio is molten red colour, I witnessed multiple head turning scenarios in eastern part starting Lucknow where 97-98% Scorpios are white in colour. There were few blacks as well but silver, blue and red were totally missing. MID shows an average of 16 Kmpl which is on the higher side. My calculations using traditional methods show 11 kmpl. In terms of drawback the two most prominent ones that come to my mind are - 1) I can feel all the jerks and anomalies of the road in the steering wheel. 2) My 10 year old son complains of giddiness occasionally which I believe is because of body roll because of big size.

Troubles so far: Nothing that I can report. I do hear occasional rattling from rear big door specially when I am on a bad patch. But it does not perturbs me as I prepared myself mentally for these things while going for this purchase. There have been some small niggles once in a while but I give Scorpio time to use its self healing power to take care of those issues

Some pics of my love:

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-wp_20160724_10_00_32_pro-2.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-wp_20160724_09_40_40_pro-2.jpg

Safety rules were followed for taking this pic. But some how parking lights are not coming in this one.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-new-scorpio.jpg
vikasshu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:30   #604
BHPian

Dear S2,

I have been following this thread for quite some time.
After studying all pros and cons, have decided to take a plunge.
With kind blessings from wife and daughters, I am finally booking the S10 2wd AT tomorrow in Sahyadri Motors, Pune.

Any pointers?

The ladies opted for the 2+3+3 seating option.
Tentative delivery is approximately one month. I expect to know more by tomorrow.
This will be replacing my WagonR VXI of 2011 (23,000 km run only - by my wife). Note: the Scorpio is for me - my Jazz V CVT goes to my wife!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 10:25   #605
BHPian

Update on this post of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear S2,

After studying all pros and cons, have decided to take a plunge.
With kind blessings from wife and daughters, I am finally booking the S10 2wd AT tomorrow in Sahyadri Motors, Pune.

Girish Mahajan

I have transferred Rs 50,000 to the dealer.
Mods: a thought - is this the right time to start a ownership thread? Please advice.

Girish Mahajan
Old 30th July 2016, 11:14   #606
BHPian

Hi GK, heartiest congratulations on booking your Scorpio. I think automatic is a right choice specially in the ever increasing traffic in our metros. For seat combination, whether you considered 2+2+3 option. That ways you get four Captain seats. My theory is they'll make body roll much bearable for kids. A long bench with no support adds up to the problem.

I'll suggest to go for under body coating as soon as you get the delivery. Even I am a bit worried after reading Sheel's feedback about rust in his ownership thread.

What colour you've opted for? And when I booked the car, I only paid INR 20,000 as booking amount.

Look forward to your ownership thread
Old 30th July 2016, 12:28   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Update on this post of mine
I have transferred Rs 50,000 to the dealer.
Mods: a thought - is this the right time to start a ownership thread? Please advice.

Girish Mahajan
Congratulations!! What is the waiting period?
I would highly recommend the 3M 5 year underbody protection. Apart from rust prevention, it makes the cabin super quiet.

P.S.: This is the perfect time to start ownership thread
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 21:12   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC POWER View Post
Hi,
Can fellow members from the NCR confirm if the new 1.99 version of the Scorpio is available in S4+ 4wd version.
Yes it is available. Mahindra didn't want to lose the opportunity of making all variants available due to introduction of the 1.99 version. Please get in touch with Koncept Noida. I ve visited them personally and was confirmed about the availability back in June.
Old 1st August 2016, 12:53   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Dear S2,

I have been following this thread for quite some time.......

Any pointers?

The ladies opted for the 2+3+3 seating option.........

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish sir,
If it is 2+3+3, then they are Forward facing seats I believe. Request you to kindly relook at the options and consider the "Jump seats" at the back which will make more sense in a Scorpio.

I made the same mistake and opted for the same configuration as your's thinking that there will more space (Like in an Innova and own one too) in the 3rd row but it was quite the opposite, the 3rd row is mere joke unless you get the captain seats in the 2nd row.

If you opt for 2+2+3, the last row will make some sense.

In my opinion, the last row is not suited for a full grown adult. Have a relook at the car and try to fit yourself in the last row. you will understand.

Rgds,
Karthik
Jack Sparrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 16:49   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Hi Girish sir,
If it is 2+3+3, then they are Forward facing seats I believe. Request you to kindly relook at the options and consider the "Jump seats" at the back which will make more sense in a Scorpio.

I made the same mistake and opted for the same configuration as your's thinking that there will more space (Like in an Innova and own one too) in the 3rd row but it was quite the opposite, the 3rd row is mere joke unless you get the captain seats in the 2nd row.

If you opt for 2+2+3, the last row will make some sense.

In my opinion, the last row is not suited for a full grown adult. Have a relook at the car and try to fit yourself in the last row. you will understand.

Rgds,
Karthik
Dear Karthik,

Thank you for the response.

Actually, after multiple visits to the showroom and multiple test drives, the ladies opted for this combination. The SA is himself saying that the space is very less in the third row. However, the ladies who are planning to sit there preferred that to the 2+2+3 (captain seat) or 2+3+2 (regular) options!! I spent a lot of time explaining to them - but to no avail.

Luckily, I got to see a Scorpio S4 with 8 seat combination. I asked the owner/driver to examine the seats. He agreed. Even I felt that the leg room is too less. However, I found the seat to be 'huge'. The owner kept insisting that the 3rd row is very good.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we are committed! I am keeping my fingers crossed - of all hands and legs!!

I will be either in the first row (90%) or second row (10%) so if the girls like the third row - best of luck to them.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 10:43   #611
BHPian

Booking update on Scorpio S10 AT 2WD

Yesterday I talked to the SA. He said that the next updated list will be available around 15 Aug only! Ouch!
It seems that M&M send the list only twice a month. He has promised that he will see if my order can be speeded up.
So (sadly) I am looking at a delivery in the first half of September.

Girish Mahajan
Old 5th August 2016, 10:53   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So (sadly) I am looking at a delivery in the first half of September.
What colour have you chosen? If it's a not so common colour, delivery can take time.

When I bought my Scorpio in 2010, my 1st choice was Rocky Beige, which would have taken 5 weeks. So, I opted for White and got my vehicle in 2 weeks.

So, if your colour choice is flexible, do ask the SA if you can get the vehicle earlier if you choose a more common colour.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 11:24   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
What colour have you chosen? If it's a not so common colour, delivery can take time.

When I bought my Scorpio in 2010, my 1st choice was Rocky Beige, which would have taken 5 weeks. So, I opted for White and got my vehicle in 2 weeks.

So, if your colour choice is flexible, do ask the SA if you can get the vehicle earlier if you choose a more common colour.

Cheers,
Vikram
Dear Vikram,

Thanks for the idea. I had asked the SA to tell me which color will come faster. He gave us 3 options and we chose Diamond White.

From the 'way' that he talked, I would not be surprised if I get it earlier. I think the '40 days required' may be a 'safety' that they are taking. At least I hope so!!

Anyway, he knows that we are not rigid on the color.

Time will tell!

Regards and thanks once more,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 13:31   #614
BHPian

@GKMahajan White is the most common color and you should get it earlier. When I got my black Scorpio, the SA advised me to go for white. Per him white is in continuous production. Black is produced in limited numbers each week and other colors are only made to order. White generally comes in 2-3 weeks.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 14:53   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
@GKMahajan White is the most common color and you should get it earlier. When I got my black Scorpio, the SA advised me to go for white. Per him white is in continuous production. Black is produced in limited numbers each week and other colors are only made to order. White generally comes in 2-3 weeks.
Dear timuseravan,

Thanks for the 'hope' that you have given to me.

I noticed that you are also in Pune. Which dealer did you get your Scorpio from? When? Is it AT?

I am sorry if you have already mentioned all this somewhere and I missed it.

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks