Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 06:07   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
That certainly looks like a vehicle decked up with all the accessories available for a Scorpio by the dealer!the rear doot

Btw saw the Scorpio with the changes today. Blue coloured car. The rear cladding colour has changed as mentioned above. The blue highlight of the taillamp has been removed and now its a clear glass. The grab handle dummy is still there but it has a gloss black panel on the side now. Couldn't click pics as i was riding. But noticed these changes properly.
Those dummy handles are specific to only s10 model and all others come without it. It is still the same and has not been changed by Mahindra.
BTW i had kind of started to like that black part of the rear door
Old 30th April 2015, 11:41   #317
BHPian

Saw one around 15 days back. It was white in colour and I thought that it has been modded by the owner (couldn't click a pic as the person driving took a quick left turn), but now came to know that Mahindra has itself changed the applique to body colour. Kudos to Mahindra for listening to the public demand.
Old 30th April 2015, 20:15   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Saw a 'Special Edition' Scorpio at Ananth Cars, Bangalore...
Kill it before it lays eggs! Gosh, just when you thought there can't be anything uglier than a Quanto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Btw saw the Scorpio with the changes today. Blue coloured car. The rear cladding colour has changed as mentioned above. The blue highlight of the taillamp has been removed and now its a clear glass. The grab handle dummy is still there but it has a gloss black panel on the side now. Couldn't click pics as i was riding. But noticed these changes properly.
Okay, I don't quite understand. I saw a Scorpio on-road today. Wasn't the top-end variant (had wheelcaps). The tail-lamps had the blue-tinge, the car had the black applique but no 'grab-handle thingy'. What's going on Mahindra?

Also, an Ecosport pulled up next to it while it was next to a signal. The gloss black panel looks similar to what the Ecosport has on it's rear-windscreen. By similar I mean the finish and possibly material too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
Those dummy handles are specific to only s10 model and all others come without it. It is still the same and has not been changed by Mahindra.
^ This can be a possible explanation to what I saw.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 30th April 2015, 21:48   #319
BHPian

I saw this on another forum and took the liberty of getting in the picture. This was spotted at a Mahindra Showroom Vikhroli Mumbai. I did not want to lift any picture from another forum. Was cheesed off when I saw the pictures I shot with TBHP logo posted on it.

Here is the BMW grille scorpio. Its honestly ugly and out of place.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_9767.jpg  

Old 1st May 2015, 13:05   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
I saw this on another forum and took the liberty of getting in the picture. This was spotted at a Mahindra Showroom Vikhroli Mumbai. I did not want to lift any picture from another forum. Was cheesed off when I saw the pictures I shot with TBHP logo posted on it.

Here is the BMW grille scorpio. Its honestly ugly and out of place.
Unless this came with a supremely heavy discount, i dont see the point why anyone would buy this thing
I have even come across some white scorpios in punjab with the same modification which makes me wonder if it is another misadventure from the ill-famed Mahindra modification unit!
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:32   #321
BANNED

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
Unless this came with a supremely heavy discount, i dont see the point why anyone would buy this thing

I have even come across some white scorpios in punjab with the same modification which makes me wonder if it is another misadventure from the ill-famed Mahindra modification unit!

Thankfully it's not. When I got my Scorp early February and I was out accessorizing it, had come across the kidney grille option that we see on the BMW X1. And it was from the local accessories shop (I think it wasn't more than 3k). I saw it, smiled and respectfully declined it.

Besides, I don't really think the modification unit of MM comes up with contraptions. They might not win beauty pageants but they aren't bad. I remember a 2.5 cabin yellow Scorpio they had earlier which was pretty nice, and the Thar HT mod they do is, I hear, top notch.

Last edited by methecupid : 2nd May 2015 at 06:34.
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:47   #322
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my scorpio s10 captain seats version as per the suggestions of my learned fellow bhpians.

Trying to post the delivery photos through the team bhp android application but some problem is coming in that so I can't do that.
I would try to do that from my computer later.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th May 2015 at 14:36.
FidoDido is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 21:56   #323
BHPian

So Finally the beast is home. and everybody is very happy about it specially me little cutie pie who went along with me to take the delivery.

I have two issues and so I felt that I can seek help of my fellow bothers as usual:
a. The gear lock installed by the dealership guys is the age old U type rather then the straight rod one which is installed by everyone these days. It looked shabby and very out of place type. The guy claimed that the Scorpio can not have the other gear lock installed in it. Has anyone got the straight rod gear lock installed in the Scorpio. If yes then please upload its picture so that I can pull those guys for misleading me.

b. I felt that the clutch has some sort of resistance at times while pressing it. It is not as smooth as it should be in a new vehicle. Here this deserves special mention that I am coming from a sedan and hatchback background and this is my first SUV. But I still sincerely feel that there is some issue in it. What should I do.

Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-20150503_170308.jpg  

FidoDido is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 22:15   #324
BHPian

Congrats bud.. enjoy the ride and sheer power. I have the same apprehension as I would be graduating from a petrol sedan to a diesel suv soon but guess, its more about getting used to it. Can always compare the clutch with another scorpio if u can get a hold of it and insist on getting the mahindra guys to check it if u find a substantial difference. Test vehicles are widely abused so they wont help u much in comparison.

Last edited by noopster : 4th May 2015 at 15:56. Reason: No slang/SMS usage please. u=You etc
Storme_on_d_way is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th May 2015, 21:29   #325
BHPian

Update:

Problem number (b) sorted out.

It was actually an extra layer of matting lying between the fixed edge to edge floor mat and the additional mat on it. This mat which is identical in color and material to the OEM mat was the culprit which made this resistance.
The clutch is now smooth as it should be.

I'm happy rather delighted.
FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 18:05   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harneets04 View Post
Check out the image attached.
The rear wash-wipe got my attention. They seem so flush fitted and aligned compared to what we have in our Scorpios. [The new ones]
Old 11th May 2015, 08:37   #327
BHPian

Hi all

I need your help.
I bought a new s10 on 3rd may 2015. There were certain issues in it which I also reported here at our forum. I had also sent it to the dealer sridurga and they did some work on it and assured me that everything is fine.
I went on a 800km pilgrimage trip to khatu shyam ji in rajasthan.

The issues have came back and with greater intensity n severity this time.

There are noises in clutch, suspension and dash board.
They seemed to have done some jugaad.
This is highly disheartening and unacceptable.
Can I get my vehicle changed somehow. If yes where should I complain.

Please help.

I am banking excessively on help of all of you fellow bhpians.
FidoDido is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 10:17   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Saw a 'Special Edition' Scorpio at Ananth Cars, Bangalore...IMHO , doesnt look good , the chrome on the front was too much to digest. ( Sorry for the bad quality pic, took from my mobile)
Closer pictures of the Special Edition Scorpio mentioned in mazda4life's post.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0435.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0436.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0437.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0438.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0439.jpg  

PADAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 16:42   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
There are noises in clutch, suspension and dash board.
They seemed to have done some jugaad.
This is highly disheartening and unacceptable.
Please go to the dealership/service center and escalate this. If there are issues, it should be evident to the service/floor manager as well as mechanic. They will sort it out.

Quote:
Can I get my vehicle changed somehow. If yes where should I complain.
Realistically, no, you can't. If by carrying out small repair works, if your issue gets sorted, then...?

These problems are unacceptable in a brand new vehicle, please write to the customer care of Mahindra. They will help you out.
Old 11th May 2015, 18:00   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Please help. I am banking excessively on help of all of you fellow bhpians.
Check the escalation mechanism given in the owner's manual, and also at the FAQs posted at this link:

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/mahin...?id=getintouch

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks