Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 17:45   #946
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
My stock MRFs look uneven and the inside wear is significantly higher. The alignment and balancing was done regularly. Anyone faced this issue?
This issue has mixed results. I had this issue on stock wanderers on our 2012 2WD. Then changed to Apollo and later to Primacy SUV, the uneven wear has gone away. But there was quite a bit of alignment checking and rectification in the process, also was advised to check tyre pressures regularly. So everything together has resulted in the situation now, but it could also be the tyres.

My AWD's stock Wanderers had no uneven wear whatsoever. Its now on Geolandar SUV - no uneven wear there either.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 23:44   #947
BHPian

This might sound unbelievable, but my cars brake pads were first changed @60k kms, as per the service adviser they could last another 5-7k kms but I got them replaced proactively.
Old 21st February 2019, 17:02   #948
BHPian

We were in Meghalaya last month. Took an offbeat path not there on GMaps. Duster performed flawlessly. The total stretch was about 40kms.

PapaBravo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 19:27   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
This might sound unbelievable, but my cars brake pads were first changed @60k kms, as per the service adviser they could last another 5-7k kms but I got them replaced proactively.
same here for the front. almost at 70k now and have not replaced the rear pads yet. My only grudge is the 15k spending on replacing the timing belt at 60k. dont think any other car needs this so early.
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:12   #950
BHPian

Hi,
Went back to MRF as replacement for my front tyres. Rs.7200/- each, stock size.

Yokohama was Rs.8500/-.
jmktm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 07:58   #951
BHPian

I went with Michellin primacy SUV. Total damage was 37k. Had to wait for few days as the tyres were not in stock with the dealer. Its rated 102H and manufacured in Sep-18.
Road noise has dropped significantly. Ride is smoother given the new tyre. Will share detailed review post 10k KMs.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 18:59   #952
BHPian

I am using Conti cross contact AT since I bought my car. 64k km on odo and they are still going strong, the car has done the Spiti circuit with no damage to the tyres. Grip & braking levels are good, maybe a little noisier than stock MRF. Will easily last for another 25k km.
Old 25th February 2019, 20:15   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
I am using Conti cross contact AT since I bought my car. 64k km on odo and they are still going strong, the car has done the Spiti circuit with no damage to the tyres. Grip & braking levels are good, maybe a little noisier than stock MRF. Will easily last for another 25k km.
That's great on the Continentals. I remember they used to have a very aggressive block pattern. Have the tyres caused any suspension issues since they are bit hard. Lot of folks mention that the Duster's shock absorbers start leaking and many have got them replaced. How has been your experience with the AWD.
Old 5th March 2019, 16:29   #954
BHPian

Guys, quick question. Today morning, the ESP light came on the dashboard and wouldn't go off. Tried restarting the car but the it stays on. I remember some of you had faced this issue. Is it related to battery? Mine is stock battery and almost 3.5yrs old now with 51k on the Odo. Any inputs?
Old 5th March 2019, 17:34   #955
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Guys, quick question. Today morning, the ESP light came on the dashboard and wouldn't go off.
Yes, I had this issue. First the ESP light used to glow randomly. Later it was on permanently. Medianav was also muting on start-up. That's when I suspected the battery could be on the way out. Got the battery checked and replaced from an Exide dealer. Stock DIN 50 Exide battery was installed again with the engine running during the replacement of battery since I did not have the radio code and didn't want to risk resetting a number of other things.

After replacement also the ESP light did not go off, probably because i was going for short 15-20 minute drives.

While on a 400 km trip the next day, the light went out at about 1.5 hours into the drive. It has never come back on again.

Battery at the time of replacement was 3.5 years old with 74,000 km on the odo.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:10   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Yes, I had this issue. First the ESP light used to glow randomly. Later it was on permanently. Medianav was also muting on start-up. That's when I suspected the battery could be on the way out. Got the battery checked and replaced from an Exide dealer.
Thanks. Visited the service centre today. Battery has been replaced with new Exide. As per SA, the ESP light issue is not related to the battery. They did a quick cleanup of all the sensors and the issue is resolved. Wheel area was a bit muddy and dusty and didn't get a good wash. That was the reason for sensor malfunction.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 14:10   #957
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

To enliven this monotonous thread here are two pictures from a recent trip (Terai Forests of UP - Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Kishanpur & Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary) we did in our Duster AWD.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_4200.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_0217.jpg

The car is running flawlessly at 85,000 km. Will replace the tyres along with the service at 90,000 km. That is going to be a big one including brake pads, probably rotors and the tyres.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th March 2019 at 14:24.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 18:09   #958
BHPian

I finally booked my Duster AWD on 31st March 2019 in Cayenne Orange. Final on-road price including 5year extended warranty and bumper to bumper insurance came out to be 14.60 lakhs in Gurgaon. Expected delivery is 10th April.

Duster was the decision after research of over 9 months and considering almost every affordable SUV in the Indian market. Duster is indeed the best car in the segment for driving enthusiasts.

Cannot wait to get my hands on it!!! Already planning trips.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:48   #959
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
Cannot wait to get my hands on it!!! Already planning trips.
Congratulations on the booking. Wish you a great ownership experience.
Get the max warranty (5 / 7 years and 1,00,000 km coverage).
Be politely persistent with the service personnel.
Log everything you want to get done on the job cards during services.
Never get it towed on anything other than a flat-bed (all 4 wheels off the ground).
Insist on changing the diff oil at every 60k.
You'll love the vehicle for as long as you have it. Please share an ownership thread and travelogues.
Tgo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:51   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Insist on changing the diff oil at every 60k.
I am curious, what is the basis of this recommendation? Asking because manual says 20k.

And the service center says it doesn't need replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks