Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:49   #406
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Hello all.

Got the third service done last week. Nothing major going on. One thing I found was that the oil and oil filter charges in the bill were more than what I had paid last time around. On inquiring, I was told that Renault has now moved to synthetic oils across all their cars since they were getting overheating complaints. Has anyone else come across this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-img_20150923_210137.jpg  

KMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:55   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMan View Post
On inquiring, I was told that Renault has now moved to synthetic oils across all their cars since they were getting overheating complaints. Has anyone else come across this ?
I did my first service a few months back and dealer used conventional/mineral oil. I think you dealer is bull-shitting. Please raise this issue with Renault as they will end up giving the car a bad name by talking stuff like that.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 22:47   #408
BHPian

I got mine serviced just last week, my second free service, and they did not tell me anything about overheating complains or synthetic oil. Here is my service receipt -
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Swift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 22:14   #409
BHPian

Just finished a trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad and back to Bangalore with one full tank of diesel crammed all the way to the brim which usually goes to 65 liters. Here is my travel log. I must tell you, the duster is an extremely fun and efficient car to drive; Period

Total Trip distance: 1131.8 Km
Fuel consumed: 62.4 Liters
Trip Mileage: 18.1 Km/L
Average speed: 71 Km/h
Drive mode: Auto

Speed maintained between 100 and 110 Km/h from Bangalore to Hyderabad and stuck to 90 Km/h for the return journey.

AC was ON for almost 90-95% of the distance.
pkirwadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:36   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirwadi View Post
Just finished a trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad and back to Bangalore with one full tank of diesel crammed all the way to the brim which usually goes to 65 liters. Here is my travel log. I must tell you, the duster is an extremely fun and efficient car to drive; Period

Speed maintained between 100 and 110 Km/h from Bangalore to Hyderabad and stuck to 90 Km/h for the return journey.

AC was ON for almost 90-95% of the distance.
Just forgot to add one more parameter.

ECO Mode was OFF during the onward journey and it remained off around 70% for the return leg.
Old 6th October 2015, 23:16   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Just finished a trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad and back to Bangalore with one full tank of diesel crammed all the way to the brim which usually goes to 65 liters.

How did you measure the 65 litres , did you fill all of 65 litres in one go ? , there must have been some reserve fuel in the tank ?

Going by your calculations you would have had less than 3 liters left on your return , you must have nerves of steel risking a completely empty tank . Was the low fuel indicator (the last bar) blinking away to glory ?
Old 7th October 2015, 08:22   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
How did you measure the 65 litres , did you fill all of 65 litres in one go ? , there must have been some reserve fuel in the tank ?

Going by your calculations you would have had less than 3 liters left on your return , you must have nerves of steel risking a completely empty tank . Was the low fuel indicator (the last bar) blinking away to glory ?
Yes, I did fill in all 65 liters in one go at Shell station in Vittal Mallya road, Bangalore.
Yes, I just had a mere 2.7 liters (or may be more) left in the tank. I got it successfully refilled at a Shell station near the Windsor Manor bridge !

I once ran out of fuel testing the capacity and requested road side assistance. They topped me up with 5 liters. I then reset all settings on the trip computer and consumed about 2 liters before going in for a refill. If I remember it correctly, the Shell guy pumped in around 65.40 liters which indicates it has a total maximum capacity including reserve fuel of around 67 liters !

I use the average fuel consumed data to check the amount of liters consumed and i find it very accurate ! SO, if there is full tank of diesel filled in rite to the brim, I know I can consume 65 liters before I could safely stop for a refill !
Old 14th October 2015, 20:22   #413
BHPian

Hi all,
I just completed 100000 kms service on my Duster today and loving every moment of driving pleasure. There is one cause of concern though especially for initial owners of Duster. The High speed relay for Radiator/ AC fan is rated at 40 Amps and it is not sufficient for Indian conditions. All Renault service stations are informed to replace this relay with 70 Amps rating within warranty "should the relay fail". Unluckily for me, the relay started short circuiting and was found only at my 1 Lakh Kms service and I am poorer by Rs7500/-
Hence I request all our foreum members to pressurise your service centers to replace the relay within warranty.
Neil Roy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 22:19   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahindra View Post
I bought a 2014 manufactured RXL AWD for 13L on road ( purchased in June). Alloy wheels and rear parking sensor +camera added bonus. 3K driven so far.
Initial issues ( 1 week)
1. Both side indicator just popped out with a simple touch. 3 days after purchase. Dealer replaced on first servicing.
2. The strap on the door which holds the carpet had come loose. So the carpet popped out a bit. The dealer just streched it and fixed it back again. Hast troubled since then.

Comfort
We are 4 adults and one 3 year old in the family and its a pleasure to take them around. We have child seat but still a lot of space for 2 adults. The wide body and extra inches in width did help. At times rear leg room is an issue, but its manageable. Would have preferred if the rear seat moved a inch or two behind.

Ride
No words for it. What you have read is true. Just love it

Driving
The steering feel is to my liking I like the firmness. The view around is great. Side mirrors give a very good wide angle view. Seating is comfortable ( I am 5'11"). Have done two offroading trips so far. And all has worked out well. Saw the ESP blink in couple of wet patches. So it's working. The gear throw is short, but there is a slight movement when I press the accelerator or throttle. You cannot see it, but can feel it when I place my hand on the gear.

---More inputs to come in..

As promised more reviews from end.

The Good
1. Did my first long road trip in India. Hyderabad - Vijayawada- Vizag- Aruku. Was able to do the return trip in 13 hrs ( includes a 2 hour break). I felt I was in control of the vehicle at all times. Would be updating the latest road condition in the route thread so that the Dussera travels find it useful.

2. Reasonably Comfortable ride for my kid and my parents.

The Bad
1. Two days post the trip, noticed that the entire carpet was soaking wet. Must have been 2-3 liters of water on the floor. Didn't realize it earlier because of the 3D mats. Right now the vehicle is at the service station.
2. The AC fan direction knob, wouldn't completely set to 'front only'. Which was good for sometime as I had a constant flow of air to my feet. But after a while my feet started getting cold and I had to replace my sandals with shoes.

Request to Renault -
1. Give 2-3 inches more leg room at the rear.
2. Lack of bottle holders at the doors.
3. Glove box is smaller than my Alto (2009)
4. I was looking for some hooks at the rear to strap my stuff, so that they wouldn't move around. Couldn't find any.
Old 14th October 2015, 22:40   #415

Hello everyone. I am hearing a lot about the fuel efficiency of the duster awd. However, I have been able to get only around 13 - 14 kmpl on highways (with reasonable amount of weekend traffic), and around 10 - 12 kmpl in city (mostly stop and go Bangalore traffic, avg speed typically shows to be less than 20 kmpl). I had thought the mileage was better before first servicing, but I am not sure. Has anyone seen such numbers? I drive on auto without economy mode on. Mostly With AC. Any inputs would help.
Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:50   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajitatha View Post
Hello everyone. I am hearing a lot about the fuel efficiency of the duster awd. However, I have been able to get only around 13 - 14 kmpl on highways (with reasonable amount of weekend traffic), and around 10 - 12 kmpl in city (mostly stop and go Bangalore traffic, avg speed typically shows to be less than 20 kmpl). I had thought the mileage was better before first servicing, but I am not sure. Has anyone seen such numbers? I drive on auto without economy mode on. Mostly With AC. Any inputs would help.
Thanks
That's a bit low but its Bangalore traffic we are talking about.
I find the MID gear change indicator quite helpful and shows instant improvement in MID FE numbers.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:00   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Highway FE should improve but it all depends how your throttle response is... I think city FE is correct, that`s what i usually get and i wouldn't expect more.
Old 18th October 2015, 08:38   #418

Quote:
Highway FE should improve but it all depends how your throttle response is... I think city FE is correct, that`s what i usually get and i wouldn't expect more.
Its been 5000km - highway mileage 16kmpl and city at 14.1kmpl (Hyderabad). folks have told me that improves over time. Not sure if its true.
Old 18th October 2015, 20:34   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone changed the rear differential oil on the AWD? Any idea on grade of oil used and cost?
Old 19th October 2015, 13:57   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I did my first service a few months back and dealer used conventional/mineral oil. I think you dealer is bull-shitting. Please raise this issue with Renault as they will end up giving the car a bad name by talking stuff like that.
I wrote to Renault and they called me back. The customer care exec had no idea about it and asked me to ask my service center. After explaining the situation to him, he connected me to another service center in Mumbai (Jogeshwari). The guy I spoke with there said there were no instructions as such about only synthetic oil to be used. However, he said they always recommend it. So that clears it up I guess. I suppose the guy put in synthetic during my service and came up with a story to justify it. Anyway, I'm not really complaining. Just hoping they put in the oil they billed me for.

Quote:
Yes, I did fill in all 65 liters in one go at Shell station in Vittal Mallya road, Bangalore.
Yes, I just had a mere 2.7 liters (or may be more) left in the tank. I got it successfully refilled at a Shell station near the Windsor Manor bridge !

I once ran out of fuel testing the capacity and requested road side assistance. They topped me up with 5 liters. I then reset all settings on the trip computer and consumed about 2 liters before going in for a refill. If I remember it correctly, the Shell guy pumped in around 65.40 liters which indicates it has a total maximum capacity including reserve fuel of around 67 liters !

I use the average fuel consumed data to check the amount of liters consumed and i find it very accurate ! SO, if there is full tank of diesel filled in rite to the brim, I know I can consume 65 liters before I could safely stop for a refill !
Pretty accurate. I've driven about 35km after the reserve light has come on and ended up filling about 62 litres after.

Quote:
Thanks
My cars returns pretty much the same average in similar conditions. 80km a day with about 25-30km in the city gives me about 13-13.3 kmpl. However, it may just be psychological, but I've seen higher returns after switching to synthetic oil. By about 0.5 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks