Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 15:24   #1441
BHPian

Thanks Amit for appreciative comments. I have got these done at my hometown near Sonipat.
I prefer neat and understated look. This is a simple design but requires good skills. My guy did a very decent job with this. The highlight of this design is stitching work and touches of perforated material.
The whole work took a full day and set me back by 9000.
Old 25th March 2016, 16:39   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Has any one successfully installed the ICE from the + in the normal Zxi successfully ? I hope the LED options etc rumoured from the facelift will be compatible (backwards) with the ZXi.
I dont think it is worth installing that bosch system costing very high with the GPS not working.
Forget the facelift or the LEDs, I dont think you should want it, it will cost your warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Guys,

Need some information on the Ciaz Ride.
ZXi+ with bad ride quality, I would suggest upsizing your tyre or changing to a softer one, checking tyre pressing and driving at appropriate speeds in potholes/speed breaks and corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
This seems to be a common problem with Ciaz. My ZDI had a supple ride till 5k kms. Post which it is a terrible mix of soft and stiff.
Are you serious about it? I don't think I noticed this in my previous car in the 20k km period I owned it. May be my Micheline did the job keeping it planted and soaking the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi Guys,
Here are few updates to my ciaz vdi+. I am not a fan of the beige seat covers offered in the ciaz they look very dull and are a pain to maintain.
Good job I know it is such a pain to maintain, but IMHO the beige makes the car look bigger and brighter. Try sitting in the RS version and you will know how small the car cabin looks.
Good you did the door panels too. How much did it cost in total?
Thanks.

Quote:
2 part post:

1. I bought my ZXi AT on Jan 1st 2015 and I've been nothing but bitter about the upgrades being offered
2. After a days investigation it appeared to be a manufacturing defect of a portion of the car under the seat (he didn't get into details). It was duly replaces for free and I have been noise free since no matter who is sitting where !
You should not worry as you had a car for the past year, if it was a bigger engine it would have costed more by a lakh tipping its favor, and LED lights does not make a car BMW/BENZ/AUDI, it looks bad on other cars IMHO.

I had the same problem and was sorted out at in Jan2015. It is the disc brake cover hitting the axle. I doubt they replaced anything, they just bent/trimmed that metal plate for me.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2016 at 18:23. Reason: Double posts merged on request. Thanks!
Old 25th March 2016, 17:34   #1443
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I dont think it is worth installing that bosch system costing very high with the GPS not working.
Forget the facelift or the LEDs, I dont think you should want it, it will cost your warranty....
How?! Even for installing aftermarket options, unless wires are cut, warranty will remain intact. Haven't you seen Maruti dealers offering Pioneer / Xplod / JVC head units and speakers?

Having said it, I'll anyday pick up a better aftermarket unit from Pioneer / Kenwood / Alpine to jazz up the ICE, not the OEM stuff, except may be for TATA (Harman Kardon).
Old 26th March 2016, 00:54   #1444
BHPian

Got home the Ciaz ZDI in white about ten days back, really happy with the purchase.
Upgraded the exterior to ZDI+ outlook complete with 16" alloys from the showroom itself which are one of the best looking OE alloys with continental MC5's wrapped around them.
Put in autoform seatcovers as well which go well with the beige interior. Still looking at getting good 3d mats.
Have covered almost 2k kms and can vouch for the fact that its one of the most comfortable sedans out there.
With the array of features and space on offer and the super efficient diesel its a no nonsense please everyone package.
Old 26th March 2016, 09:42   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Haven't you seen Maruti dealers offering Pioneer / Xplod / JVC head units and speakers?
That is something which beats me too. They install all kinds of nonsense accessories at the Maruti itself, but if we do warranty is void. I remember how much they cried foul after seeing my MOMO alloys when I went in with metal hitting noise, and at the end it was manufacturing defect.
I was clearly told not to fiddle around with the electricals as much as a higher power bulb more so it being a HYBRID version, they don't have a clue how it will behave.
For one I would love to get the DRL from TATA zest. They are the best lit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
With the array of features and space on offer and the super efficient diesel its a no nonsense please everyone package.
Congrats on your car. True everything you said, no brainer I went and bought the same car and color again after mine was lost in the flood, but a hybrid at lesser cost.

Can you please share pictures of you car and the interiors, with the seat cover, I am hunting for a good seat cover for the past month. How much did it cost?
In Chennai people are quoting upward of 13k for Autoform.
Old 26th March 2016, 10:42   #1446
BHPian

Thanks visaster, good to know your ciaz is back.
I got the seat covers from autoform with Bill and 2 year warranty for 6k, after a bit of bargaining.
Have one pic of the seats right now,will upload better ones soon. Though this will give you an idea somewhat.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-imag1078.jpg  

superboy44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 15:00   #1447

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Upgraded the exterior to ZDI+ outlook complete with 16" alloys from the showroom itself which are one of the best looking OE alloys with continental MC5's wrapped around them.
Congratulations on your purchase! Could you please elaborate on the alloys swap and tyre upgrade. How much did the dealer gave back for 15" alloys and stock tyres? How much did the Continentals cost?
Thanks!
Old 26th March 2016, 17:57   #1448
BHPian

Thanks, I bought the 16" alloys from the dealer for 24k, got a buyback of 27k for my OE 15" alloys and goodyear tyres, could have got 2k more if I had mrf tyres. Got conti's for 6k a piece with bill and warranty. I got 4 pc of 16" alloys and the spare is a 15" steel rim.
Got this swap done outside the dealership.

Last edited by superboy44 : 26th March 2016 at 18:00.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:41   #1449
BHPian

Quote:

I'm a predominantly solo driver (no passengers), on a few occasions when I did have someone in the rear seat (seated on the left) i would hear a clunk from the rear left side of the car whenever i drove over a bump.

When I went to drop the car off for its 3rd free service i went a step ahead and put the service engineer in the left rear seat and took him for a drive; lo and behold the sound returned. After a days investigation it appeared to be a manufacturing defect of a portion of the car under the seat (he didn't get into details). It was duly replaces for free and I have been noise free since no matter who is sitting where !
Hey !!
I have been experiencing this metal clunk/thunk sound from left side while going over speed breakers - not all speed breakers, but would say 3 out of 10. Moreover, to me it seems to be coming from left front side rather than back. Can you check what was replaced so that I can check with MASS ? Though I did had the car checked at local garage tech, and he didnt found anything specific...
Old 27th March 2016, 18:18   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey !!
I have been experiencing this metal clunk/thunk sound from left side while going over speed breakers - not all speed breakers, but would say 3 out of 10. Moreover, to me it seems to be coming from left front side rather than back. Can you check what was replaced so that I can check with MASS ? Though I did had the car checked at local garage tech, and he didnt found anything specific...
Visaster experienced the same thing and replied to my post saying it is the disc brake cover hitting the axle.

I haven't got details from ABT here in Chennai, I did ask though.
Old 28th March 2016, 10:50   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Finally with heavy heart left the car at the service center to figure out what was the problem with the car (metal sound when it hits the pothole/ speed-breaker). I am indeed happy that they managed to find and sort it out.

The problem was the metal plate medial to the disc brake acting as protection was hitting (touching) on to the front chassis on full suspension action. The metal plate was trimmed a bit and no sound at all, I can put the shocks to full test now without the metal noise.
Hey Man !

I have been hearing this thunk metal noise too - and after above comment of yours, I do recollect that it comes up when I brake just before the speed breaker...

Can you please see if any more details are available - something on the bill, a snap or something, which I can share with MASS - it would prevent me leaving the car with them.
Old 28th March 2016, 14:52   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabodh View Post
How much did the dealer gave back for 15" alloys and stock tyres? How much did the Continentals cost?
Thanks!
Even i got the upgrade done. Got 28k for sale of 4nos 15" OEM alloy with tyre.
Bought MOMO 16" alloys for RS. 28K + 4 Michelin for 4x10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
something on the bill, a snap or something, which I can share with MASS - it would prevent me leaving the car with them.
Nothing on the bill, no photo, I did not see the finished work also. I was shown the region of the problem in the under body of another car which was on the machine lift.
After that I never heard a sound even after going heavy on the speed breaker.

There is a metal plate covering the medial side of the disc break, tell them to check for any marks of damage.
Old 29th March 2016, 17:25   #1453
BHPian

Guys - Facing a problem

When my Zdi+ goes over a bump there is a slight squeak

Also when I brake in a turn esp while turning in my garage, there is a slight squeal (light brake low speed)

Any one else facing this/faced this/possible solution?
Old 29th March 2016, 18:42   #1454
BHPian

Hi visaster,
I have spent 10k on the complete job. Yes I do agree black interiors make the car look cramped . Can you share a few pics of your car?
gargashwin06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 00:08   #1455
BHPian

I am looking to buy Ciaz 16" alloys for my Swift ZXI. The dealer quoted 5800 each, is there any other way I can get those alloys for a lesser price?

Also please advice, Swift running on bigger 16" will effect the mileage. Thanks in advance.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks