Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 12:52   #1381
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This is the 4 speed TC box which Maruti has been using forever. Agree that they need to equip the Ciaz with a better AT box.
This is slightly discouraging :(, I was hoping it'd return better mileage than City AT owing to smaller engine/lighter weight, but could the difference in the AT boxes mean almost similar running costs for Ciaz and City AT?
Old 26th February 2016, 18:04   #1382
BHPian

Guys,

Have a question regarding paint protection.
Can anyone suggest a good paint protection process for the Ciaz, which will keep the car looking good for at least a couple of years.
If anyone knows any good detailing outlets in Cochin do let me know.
Old 26th February 2016, 18:17   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Guys,

Have a question regarding paint protection.
Can anyone suggest a good paint protection process for the Ciaz, which will keep the car looking good for at least a couple of years.
If anyone knows any good detailing outlets in Cochin do let me know.
I had got Waxoyl Paint Sealant done for my Ciaz. You can find the cost and details in my thread as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-zdi-shvs.html
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 21:12   #1384
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting anti rust treatment done to our 2-month white Ciaz Zdi+. Need pointers whether I should get it done from Maruti or should i get it done from outside.

Also, as the vehicle is used by my father (riding in the back seat), I intend to get the rear window shades installed on the vehicle. Again need pointers on whether to get the MGA or from outside. I want one which rolls up and down with the window glass. If somebody has installed can you put your pics so that I can evaluate?
Old 28th February 2016, 21:36   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi guys,
anti rust treatment
Hi,

Please get the anti rust done from 3M center not from MASS (though here too it is done by 3M folks and the charge is also less)

Read the following blog to know more options on how to get it done DIY (partial) and in a great price...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...di-shvs-5.html
SDee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:58   #1386
BHPian

Guys, what's the sort of discount one can hope to get for Ciaz for both end Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 onwards models? I'm reading about discounts across forums on ciaz, but would like to know the sort of discounts on offer that makes it actually cheaper than the city?
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:04   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Ciaz owners (with push button start) , need you to verify a fact for me please. I recently stated working in a MS dealership and today we did an experiment. Once the car is started and the key fob is removed from the car, the car displays a warning, but engine doesn't stop. We took the TD vehicle on a short trip while keeping the fob at showroom! Amazingly, after a while, the car even stopped showing the key missing warning. Also, once the engine is running, the car cant be locked/unlocked via the remote.

This was brought forward by a customer. Also verified that car will unlock if the remote is lost and the spare remote is home over a phone call. We went out of range of the car with remote and put the phone on loud speaker over the bonnet (middle but towards driver side) and then pressed the unlock near the other phone and viola, the car unlocked. It could not be started this way.

I will speak with my seniors regarding the same. Also can someone tell me how other manufacturers' cars behave under similar situation ?

EDIT- the car was a ZDi Diesel with SHVS. we didn't have the auto start stop feature as we are sure once the engine stops, it won't start again and didn't want to be stranded away from the showroom.

Last edited by blackwasp : 2nd March 2016 at 21:05.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:34   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Guys, Ciaz owners (with push button start) , need you to verify a fact for me please. I recently stated working in a MS dealership and today we did an experiment. Once the car is started and the key fob is removed from the car, the car displays a warning, but engine doesn't stop. We took the TD vehicle on a short trip while keeping the fob at showroom! Amazingly, after a while, the car even stopped showing the key missing warning. Also, once the engine is running, the car cant be locked/unlocked via the remote.

This was brought forward by a customer. Also verified that car will unlock if the remote is lost and the spare remote is home over a phone call. We went out of range of the car with remote and put the phone on loud speaker over the bonnet (middle but towards driver side) and then pressed the unlock near the other phone and viola, the car unlocked. It could not be started this way.

I will speak with my seniors regarding the same. Also can someone tell me how other manufacturers' cars behave under similar situation ?

EDIT- the car was a ZDi Diesel with SHVS. we didn't have the auto start stop feature as we are sure once the engine stops, it won't start again and didn't want to be stranded away from the showroom.

Can confirm the fact, that once the car is running, and you remove the key from it, all it shows is a warning message, but engine fails to turn OFF. I have noticed this several times, as in when leave the car running to open the gates for driveway(with key in my pocket)
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 01:04   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Can confirm the fact, that once the car is running, and you remove the key from it, all it shows is a warning message, but engine fails to turn OFF. I have noticed this several times, as in when leave the car running to open the gates for driveway(with key in my pocket)
Even a BMW car behaves in the same manner. The car will run without the key but once turned off will not turn on. Have experienced my self.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:05   #1390
BHPian

Guys,a little out of topic question ...

I bought along 2 years of extended warranty with my Ciaz..which means a total of 4 years of warranty.

Question is, after completing initial 3 servicing(1K kms, 5K kms, 10K kms), am I open to get the car serviced at my friendly known neighborhood garage (who is also using genuine maruti spares, along with bill) ?
Or am I stuck with MASS for all the remaining servicing till my warranty period expires ?
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:21   #1391
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Or am I stuck with MASS for all the remaining servicing till my warranty period expires ?
You are stuck with them for the next 4 years. For warranty to be accepted by MASS you'll have to service with them every 10K kms/time whichever is earlier after the first 3 services.
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:05   #1392
BHPian

Quote:

Excellent discovery. This confirms my fears for a key-less entry system (call me traditional/non enthusiastic / )

The XUV 500 does not behave in this fashion. The engine turns off after around 10 m distance between the key and the vehicle
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:39   #1393
Team-BHP Support

Keyless entry system in my Xcent produces such an irritating beep when the person with the key moves out, it is clearly heard outside the vehicle also and is almost impossible to tolerate and drive. Haven't tried switching off or starting though.

Is the no audible warning mechanism in the Ciaz?
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:45   #1394
BHPian

My ciaz too doesn't shut down if the key is kept out of range. It just makes loud beeps inside and outside the vehicle and then stops beeping.Strange that this should happen since anyone can drive away with your car. However i haven't tested it for a long distance so dont know the limitations.

However,this staement of yours got me interested.
Quote:
...... Also verified that car will unlock if the remote is lost and the spare remote is home over a phone call. We went out of range of the car with remote and put the phone on loud speaker over the bonnet (middle but towards driver side) and then pressed the unlock near the other phone and viola, the car unlocked. It could not be started this way.
Im not much of a technical guy but how does supposedly RF encrypted signal travel over a mobile network?? I dont know how it worked in your case but I searched around the web and found this.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Has maruti mistakenly equipped the ciaz remote with area51 militry tech or do i have to go back and brush up on my engineering books.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 3rd March 2016 at 12:57.
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:16   #1395
Senior - BHPian

@1.2TSI7DSG - good to know XUV doesn't behave in a similar manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

However,this staement of yours got me interested.

Im not much of a technical guy but how does supposedly RF encrypted signal travel over a mobile network??l

Thanks for the link. But when we tried it, when phone was near the door , car didn't unlock. We had to try it multiple times to find the spot near the bonnet that would unlock the car. Technically the phone and RF spectrums are different, but there is a possibility that the antennae in the phones' (RF, NFC ,Bluetooth , WiFi, etc and whatnot) could cause this. That's the reason we have airplane modes rather than asking us not to make calls. Maybe this is caused by Radio Frequency Interference. Some examples of this - weird sound from speakers when phone is kept near during a call/ringing. Or when you have music playing nearby at low volume and the person on the other side of call tells you he can hear the music etc.

We used smartphones (iPhone and an Android), didn't try it with dumb phones which could change the result.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks