Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 03:00   #1141
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I checked the VIN and the car is a May 2015 manufacture but it rides well. Is there something we need to be careful about? Battery? Or anything else?
Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Having a 4 month old car in stockyard is surprising. My guess says, these cars would have got rejected in the PDI of another prospective customer. Would recommend to thoroughly check the car, especially on body scratches, chrome and ODO.

Is there a chance to reset ODO for such cars before they get delivered?
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 09:15   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
This is manufactured prior to hybrid roll out. Check the tyre wearing out and ODO reading. Do check for scratches inside the cabin.
Yes and that is why we got the huge discount. We checked everything including odometer reading and it looks fine. Is there anything apart from the usual that we need to check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Having a 4 month old car in stockyard is surprising. My guess says, these cars would have got rejected in the PDI of another prospective customer. Would recommend to thoroughly check the car, especially on body scratches, chrome and ODO.

I sure hope that is not the case; touchwood! I dont think they can reset the odometer reading. Yes, we checked the car properly and it all looks ok.
Thanks!
Old 8th October 2015, 11:03   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post

Hey .I took delivery of zdi+ last month that was manufactured in May 2015. I went to the yard and did the PDI . All well. Sure must be the case with you too.Ensure when you take delivery the sales man does a good wash and polishing. That should take care of it. All the best.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:08   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Yes and that is why we got the huge discount. We checked everything including odometer reading and it looks fine. Is there anything apart from the usual that we need to check?

I sure hope that is not the case; touchwood! I dont think they can reset the odometer reading. Yes, we checked the car properly and it all looks ok.
Thanks!
Oh yes, ODO tampering is quite possible even if its digital - laptop and software is all that is required. Costs just 300 !!
Old 8th October 2015, 15:04   #1145
BHPian

I took delivery of ZDI+ (SHVS) 2 weeks back. This is my first diesel car to still trying to understand the driving dynamics of a diesel car.

So far I have clocked around 500 km mostly in Mumbai traffic. The car pulls nicely once the turbo kicks in. Some times there is a lag around 1000 to 1500 rpm what I never felt in my Swift Petrol. The SHVS kicks in sometimes during acceleration. I think it is the additional boost given to the engine. During deceleration and breaking SHVS light glows till the time car is above 30KMPH.

I have couple of questions on the start stop technology;

1. Will it not impact the engine and battery life in bumper to bumper traffic situation where you keep stopping every few meters and engine stalls once you shift to neutral and take your foot off the clutch?

2. What will be the impact on turbo if the car stops immediately after a quick burst

3. The drive seat squeaks a bit. Has anyone faced such issue? What is the remedy?

4. I have installed a HERTZ 200.3 (MGA) sub-woofer (Got Rs.11,000 Corporate Discount against accessories). There is lot of vibration on the rear parcel tray and the light. In fact, the light assembly came off once out of the light housing and required a quick fix by the MASS. Has anyone faced such issue? What will be the best remedy to reduce vibration? Any sound dampening techniques which will give a crisp bass and weed out vibrations and humming?

Any help on the above will be highly appreciated.
bill1182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:37   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post

4. I have installed a HERTZ 200.3 (MGA) sub-woofer (Got Rs.11,000 Corporate Discount against accessories). There is lot of vibration on the rear parcel tray and the light. In fact, the light assembly came off once out of the light housing and required a quick fix by the MASS. Has anyone faced such issue? What will be the best remedy to reduce vibration? Any sound dampening techniques which will give a crisp bass and weed out vibrations and humming?

Any help on the above will be highly appreciated.
I installed alpine sub woofers for my ciaz. Got 2 sheets of dynamat installed inside the boot to avoid all the rattles and to give a solid bass . you can try that out.
Old 9th October 2015, 06:49   #1147
BHPian

Guys, I was planning to go in for 3M Nomad Floor Mats(approx 4000 to 5000 ), but came across the following -

https://paytm.com/shop/p/speedwav-an...FRUrjgodwDMJGw

For just 1200/-, I hope this would work as well ? Maybe not as good as 3M, but still difference is huge
Old 9th October 2015, 08:56   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, I was planning to go in for 3M Nomad Floor Mats(approx 4000 to 5000 ), but came across the following -

https://paytm.com/shop/p/speedwav-an...FRUrjgodwDMJGw

For just 1200/-, I hope this would work as well ? Maybe not as good as 3M, but still difference is huge
Did you check the MGA ones. I found them elegant and worth the price 1590/-.
Old 9th October 2015, 09:20   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Did you check the MGA ones. I found them elegant and worth the price 1590/-.
Dealer is giving a kit as a freebie - MGA kit worth 3500 or so - It includes a set of mats, not sure about the quality. Ciaz official accessory MGA PDF contains three different type of mats ..

But I think, these noodle mats are worth putting in money. If I don't buy the above one, I'll probably head out to shop dealing with curtains/fabrics etc - they deal with noodle mats in rolls - the only drawback being, I have to take newspaper cutouts for foot-wall area for exact size.
Old 9th October 2015, 09:23   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
I have couple of questions on the start stop technology;

1. Will it not impact the engine and battery life in bumper to bumper traffic situation where you keep stopping every few meters and engine stalls once you shift to neutral and take your foot off the clutch?

2. What will be the impact on turbo if the car stops immediately after a quick burst
Its a debatable point whether the Start Stop button is boon or bane in especially turbo charged cars. Manufacturers across the globe recommends idling of a turbocharged engine for 30 to 60 seconds after starting and before stopping the engine for the optimum functioning of turbo. This is required for the smooth flow of the oil in the turbo assembly.

Having owned a petrol car before owning the Linea Multijet, I used to do the same, start and stop at the crowded Mumbai signals. However, I soon realised that its not the best thing to do with the Linea, as it started giving sudden jerks. Now I stop the car only after reaching my destination and that too after idling it for 30 to 60 seconds. Car is running super smooth now without any jerks.

This answers your second point. Its really harmful to the turbo, if you stop the car suddenly after revving it for some time / distance.
Old 9th October 2015, 09:47   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Dealer is giving a kit as a freebie - MGA kit worth 3500 or so - It includes a set of mats, not sure about the quality. Ciaz official accessory MGA PDF contains three different type of mats ..

But I think, these noodle mats are worth putting in money. If I don't buy the above one, I'll probably head out to shop dealing with curtains/fabrics etc - they deal with noodle mats in rolls - the only drawback being, I have to take newspaper cutouts for foot-wall area for exact size.
The MGA ones that come are black and beige. I liked the quality. You can check that at showroom.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:08   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Now I stop the car only after reaching my destination and that too after idling it for 30 to 60 seconds.
The City Diesel manual mentions a 10 second idle time before switching off the engine after a drive.
So at a minimum 10 seconds should be good enough to allow the turbo to cool down.

30 seconds to 1 minute would be good especially after a spirited drive (read at higher rpms)

During the first start in the morning, it is not necessary to wait for a minute to get the turbo lubricated. The car can be started and driven at a very sedate pace keeping the engine below 1200 rpm for a minute or two or better until the blue (cold engine) light goes off. Then the engine can be revved higher allowing the turbo to spool. This will give sufficient time for the turbo lubrication.

Switching the car OFF abruptly after a quick burst would cause coking of the lubricating oil and shorten the life of the bearings and the shaft assembly.

Towards the end of a drive as you are nearing the destination, its a good practice to drive sedately (at lower rpms) during the last few KM atleast. This will give enough time for the turbo to have cooled down sufficiently by the time you've reached. Then idling for about 30 sec before switching off the engine should be good enough.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 9th October 2015 at 12:16.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:25   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The City Diesel manual mentions a 10 second idle time before switching off the engine after a drive.
So at a minimum 10 seconds should be good enough to allow the turbo to cool down.
The idling time duration will vary from car to car. Different manufacturers will specify different time. However, this question was raised wrt the Start - Stop button. Whenever you get that button as a feature in a car, you more often than not, tend to use that button whenever you stop at a signal. (Also, sedate driving before stopping may not always be possible in neck to neck city traffic conditions.) And then this becomes a practice which is harmful for the turbo in the long run.
Old 9th October 2015, 17:40   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Friends I have posted this query on the Ciaz SHVS thread, but not sure how many of you are tracking it and if my query will be answered. Hence cross posting it over here (Mods: Please delete it if found not relevant here). I been hearing that Ciaz SHVS has better driveability than the earlier non SHVS version. Can someone who has extensively driven both the versions make out if really there is a substantial difference?

Better driveability means that the low end torque might have been improved. The peak torque of 200Nm is achieved @ 1750 rpm. Has the torque curve become more flat? I understand while accelerating there is some assistance form the battery, does this result in better driveability at low rpms, which helps mask the infamous turbo lag?
Old 9th October 2015, 19:53   #1155
BHPian

Hi All
Wanted to update the group on the issue I had with my smartplay infotainment. Had lots of lag and rear camera getting frozen most times. Took the car to MASS today as the manager had mentioned it needed a software update. Debated with him why such software updates are available only when customers have issue and not on a periodic basis. Simple response, " Sir , MARUTI has instructed us to do so".

So with regards to the update it was quite simple. The manager had a pen drive with the update, plug in and the infotainnment started downloading the files. Took 20 minutes to complete. Voila!! . now the touch response is butter smooth and no more lags.

Checked on the updates for the navigation system as well. Manager mentioned that I will get a call from them whenever there is an update. Not sure though!

But came back satisfied and without any teething issues with the infotainment. The only pic I could take in the otherwise busy conversations.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg  

funnyguru is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks