Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:01   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi BHPians . Booked the last available ZDI + dignity brown in Chennai. With discounts adding close to 90k including exchange bonus. Getting delivery on Saturday. Did a PDI of the car which was in the yard for 2months. Heard about the mirror link option on the NAV /AV instrument. Can someone throw light on that .and is LG Nexus5 compatible. .
Just curious. Any reason why you are not going for the new SHVS variant considering it is priced lower than the out going non-SHVS variant by 15-20K. I assume that would somewhat negate the discount benefits you are getting on the existing non-SHVS variant. Exchange bonus I assume would be there for the new one also.
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:18   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Exchange bonus I assume would be there for the new one also.
Nope, not a paisa on SHVS. I am on the same boat, booked and awaiting delivery of ZDI (no SHVS) tomorrow. How in the world someone expect a manufacturer to increase the feature and reduce the price.
As usual members in family are at my decision.

However, Credit to Maruti. Now you know why they are No.1 in India.

BTW, what is with the manufacturers. They seem to know that my new car is registered on 01-Sep.
1) Maruti introduces hybrid of the same at reduced price
2) Renault launches duster limited edition at the same price of their regular edition. Reason for me to reject Duster was for plain jane interiors and now orange looks cool (for me).
3) Skoda launches special edition at reduced price.
4) What next, TUV300 at the price of Alto K10?
Sigh, why this happens to me every time on anything . Anyways, eagerly waiting for the new car.

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 2nd September 2015 at 12:23.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:33   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Nope, not a paisa on SHVS. I am on the same boat, booked and awaiting delivery of ZDI (no SHVS) tomorrow. How in the world someone expect a manufacturer to increase the feature and reduce the price.
As usual members in family are at my decision.
If you feel sad on the developments, why can't you cancel the booking and go for the SHVS?
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:42   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If you feel sad on the developments, why can't you cancel the booking and go for the SHVS?
Well, that is complicated. It is not just the booking, all the payments are done. I am getting the car under company lease policy and the car is financed by banker. Once, I pass on the quote and accept the policy, it is not possible to revert back.
However, I am not sad, just feeling , could have waited for a week for this to happen. Hybrid is not so exciting for me. Additional 2 KMs/litre @ 50K extra price+possibly higher maintenance makes me think it is okay but just the feel of not getting something latest is what is missing.
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:09   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, I am not sad, just feeling , could have waited for a week for this to happen. Hybrid is not so exciting for me. Additional 2 KMs/litre @ 50K extra price+possibly higher maintenance makes me think it is okay but just the feel of not getting something latest is what is missing.
Don't think like that. At a particular point of time, you opted for your best option. If there is no option to cancel your booking, think that yours was, and still is, the best choice.

The market may throw a lot of things at you. You have to select your best when you have to decide. That's it.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:26   #1071
BHPian

Iam indeed happy for this deal. Intact pushed all dealers to get the color I wanted and with beefed up discounts. I get to save 45k net with this deal compared to SHVS. Guess what even exchange bonus is not available on the SHVS but I need to trade in . Really happy about the decision.
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:49   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Don't think like that. At a particular point of time, you opted for your best option. If there is no option to cancel your booking, think that yours was, and still is, the best choice.

The market may throw a lot of things at you. You have to select your best when you have to decide. That's it.
Thanks a lot buddy. Always we will find a better option every other day. I am actually content (and really happy) with what I am going to drive home.

Quote:
Iam indeed happy for this deal. Intact pushed all dealers to get the color I wanted and with beefed up discounts. I get to save 45k net with this deal compared to SHVS. Guess what even exchange bonus is not available on the SHVS but I need to trade in . Really happy about the decision.
Yep, actually Maruti did a good job of racking up the discounts. Negotiated with couple of dealers to get the color of my choice. Besides that a great deal for my 2007 Santro. Even Hyundai wasn't quoting more than 1.4L for it. True value did offer 1.65+25k exchange bonus.
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:48   #1073
BHPian

Nice to hear. Did you ask for corporate discount. I am getting 11k worth accessories that I can add to the car.
BTW folks need help on what are the best additions on accessories that I can go for the 11k
Mine is the ZDI,+
Old 2nd September 2015, 18:30   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to hear. Did you ask for corporate discount. I am getting 11k worth accessories that I can add to the car.
BTW folks need help on what are the best additions on accessories that I can go for the 11k
Mine is the ZDI,+
Yes. They are giving 11k worth accessories. Though they normally give garmin gps, they have asked me to choose per my wish.
For Zdi+ not much, you could think of speakers/styling kit/chrome stuff.
Congratulations! When are you taking delivery of the car?
Old 2nd September 2015, 20:12   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is the ZDI,+
You can go for the following accessories:

1. PVC wooden style kit for each door arm rest.

2. Illuminated door sill guards

3. Body side mouldings

4. Bumper corner protectors

5. Sun shades for each door

6. Chrome

7. A cool or warm box ( costs about Rs.7k)

8. Mobile holder

Other than this you can get the regular matting. Congrats on the ciaz wish you many happy miles.
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:04   #1076
BHPian

Thanks rockporiom. What is the chrome one. The rest of the list is good .
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:46   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Well, that is complicated. It is not just the booking, all the payments are done. I am getting the car under company lease policy and the car is financed by banker. Once, I pass on the quote and accept the policy, it is not possible to revert back.
Sathya, this hybrid model has a lithium ion battery which would be expensive to replace.The added fuel efficiency advantage is minimal.you are not missing much
Passiondrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 23:07   #1078
BHPian

Great move by MS to price the latest version of Ciaz lower than the outgoing version. With this they probably might be stepping on City's toes. But I don't think Ciaz can overtake City though.
Old 3rd September 2015, 02:52   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rockporiom. What is the chrome one. The rest of the list is good .
When it comes to MSIL they have chrome everything for the car. Just to list a few of the items:

1. Chrome head light garnish

2. Chrome tail light garnish

3. Chrome ORVM garnish

4. Chrome bootlid garnish

5. Chrome waistline garnish ( present in zdi+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Great move by MS to price the latest version of Ciaz lower than the outgoing version. With this they probably might be stepping on City's toes. But I don't think Ciaz can overtake City though.
I wouldn't be too sure on the overtaking part. The ciaz has made a mark now in the 10L+ segment, has relatively less niggles than the city, cheaper to buy, gets almost everything the city gets minus sun roof and cruise control, more efficient, cheaper to maintain. Only time will tell till when can Honda maintain a lead. Not too long ago the Verna was the segment leader. Where is it now?

Last edited by rockporiom : 3rd September 2015 at 03:10.
Old 4th September 2015, 05:18   #1080
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
toes. But I don't think Ciaz can overtake City though.

Indian roads have no rationale like an average illiterate driver's mind. I strongly believe with such aggressive bombshell attack like move, City will have a huge challenge competing against Ciaz and its numbers could very well tank within a year.

SHVS is a huge boxing punch in the face of Honda's Green technology launched earlier!

Last edited by TMRT : 4th September 2015 at 05:35.
TMRT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks