Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 13:10   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I am sorry mods. I just wanted to convey that Ciaz has a preset alarm after a certain triple digit speed that cannot be switched off unless you decelerate below that particular speed limit.

On the flip side, people living on 6 lane expressways may find it irritating, but on a positive note, that speed limit is more than what anyone would ever need on the Indian expressways.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:28   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I am sorry mods. I just wanted to convey that Ciaz has a preset alarm after a certain triple digit speed that cannot be switched off unless you decelerate below that particular speed limit.

On the flip side, people living on 6 lane expressways may find it irritating, but on a positive note, that speed limit is more than what anyone would ever need on the Indian expressways.
I hope this is not true. I firmly believe it should be configurable. If forced, like the driver will slowly develop tolerance to that sound and an irritation. Also, lets say the same driver is driving else where with lower speed limit, his brain may not signal any action to the buzz as he has developed lot of tolerance.

I remember seeing a couple of Air Crash Investigations where certain pilots did not heed to a couple of Audio warnings during real crisis as their brains were trained to ignore in their previous job while playing Jets for the Navy
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:36   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

I spoke with the service manager and he was affirmative of the same. I haven't had enough time to go through the owner's manual yet. Will check if it is specified and let you know.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:25   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is the speed at which the alarm sounds?
Old 5th August 2015, 11:33   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz has a preset alarm after a certain triple digit speed that cannot be switched off unless you decelerate below that particular speed limit.

Quote:
I spoke with the service manager and he was affirmative of the same. I haven't had enough time to go through the owner's manual yet. Will check if it is specified and let you know.
My car has done 24500 kms now . Never heard this alarm . With those skinny 185 tires , anything beyond 120 is dangerous . Please drive safe
Old 5th August 2015, 11:35   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Do not worry. There is no alarm at all. Sorry for the confusion. It seems the air flow in and around the car at such speeds makes a mild whistle, and only when the external atmosphere is windy.

It did not happen today on the highway and am relieved that there isn't any warning system. Now I need to clarify why the MASS guy told me there was an alarm. Ignorance or he just was too lazy to look into the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
With those skinny 185 tires , anything beyond 120 is dangerous . Please drive safe
I have done 680km so far in my Ciaz. I have been meticulously driving within 1800-2000 rev range on the highway. Of the 680 km I have covered, the enthusiast in me did floor the pedal, say for a maximum of 5km on empty, very familiar expressway without any traffic at all. Otherwise 90kmph is the fastest I am letting myself go.

I have been driving a swift for 7 years with 165 section tires, and it never felt undergripped at any speeds. And I also drive a Safari Dicor with 235 section tires that feel undergripped even at 120kmph. Ciaz did feel very planted, except that the steering could have weighed in more.

At 80-100kmph highway travelling and bumper to bumper city driving, I have covered 680km in worth 1500 INR diesel, ie averaging almost 23kmpl

My Chevy beat gets me 19kmpl

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th August 2015 at 11:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:22   #982

Checked with 3 dealers and they all said that the discount on the Zxi Auto petrol is only for cars in stock as they feel Maruti is going to upgrade the model or maybe it will be moved to the NEXA delaerships

No discount on any ciaz being booked for future delivery.

Does any one have any idea on the above
Old 6th August 2015, 00:28   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
Checked with 3 dealers and they all said that the discount on the Zxi Auto petrol is only for cars in stock as they feel Maruti is going to upgrade the model or maybe it will be moved to the NEXA delaerships

No discount on any ciaz being booked for future delivery.

Does any one have any idea on the above
That is completely false. I had a talk with a dealer a few days back and he mentioned no such thing. In fact they have to order a fresh car if i want a zxi auto in the same discount that their existing stock has.

The current consumer offer is cash discount 20k and exchange bonus of 15k on the petrol with 5k worth of mga. If you push the dealer hard and show intention to book immediately he would definitely give you the best deal.

The thing is they are scared to get zxi auto's as majority of auto's that sell are vxi's which are readily available in almost all the showrooms i enquired.

It may be true that the ciaz would get an updated dual clutch transmission but that won't be until next year. The NEXA transfer would also happen only next year if the DDIS 320 is introduced in the CIAZ with maybe some added features.
Old 7th August 2015, 19:38   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

I just found out the exact reason for the whistle/siren sound at high speeds. Maruti adds a stupid sunshade like sill guard on the top of the windows. They have it in basic accessories (mandatory) list. That structure is responsible for the sound, cutting the airflow at such speeds resulting in a whistle sound.
Old 9th August 2015, 13:47   #985
BHPian

Guys anyone looking for a price reduction to go for the CIAZ now is the moment where you can get maximum benefit. The current ciaz is being cleared out to make way for the new one. It is currently not confirmed if the new one would be with MSIL or NEXA. The discounts are just too good to ignore right now.

This is the deal that i have recieved from my dealer:

Cash discount: 20k
dealer discount: 25k
Exchange bonus: 15k(p)/25k (d)
MGA: 5k

Total benefit: 65k(p)/75k (d)

I am sure that if one negotiates they can get about 10-15k more which makes it absolute value for money. All dealer discounts are on existing stock with them.

However, be informed that not even they know what implications the new model NEXA or normal will have on the resale value of the current ciaz.

New model to be lauched most likely on August 19th 2015.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3774366

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th August 2015 at 13:48.
Old 9th August 2015, 18:14   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz with mild hybrid and start stop/EBD will surely be priced 50k-80k higher. I don't think how that would help with sales. Right now maruti is celebrating 50000 Ciazes on road!!

A small ownership report after a week's running @ 1216km on odo:

2. Refinement
3. Clutch is light
4. Ride quality on bad roads impressive
5. Features ( elbow padding on door, dead pedal, Bluetooth connectivity to phone, interior lighting - maplights/ rear reading lights, soft touch central console storage lid and sunglass console lid)
6. Fuel economy ( 20.8kmpl overall in 1216 kms- highway cruising at 100-130kmph and bumper-bumper traffic combined )
7. Performance - can cruise at 120kmph all day without much engine noise felt in cabin
8. ACC
9. Boot space
10. Low Stance
11. 170mm ground clearance ( have driven over the biggest speed bumps, not scraped once!)
12. Looks!!! The size of a D segmenter is a big plus!

Dislikes:
1. Brakes (bite is insufficient)
2. Boot hook should have been given
3. Horn pad a bit of a stretch from steering edge, mind you I am a 6'2 with long fingers
4. Auto down only in driver's power window
5. Tires a bit small when looked from side- 16inchers should have been given from zdi onwards
6. Fuel lid opening button, parking sensor button, boot release stalk are all low quality
7. Light weight( crosswinds can add some unwanted steering inputs on highways)

Overall very satisfied with the Ciaz!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20150809_10_59_01_pro.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 9th August 2015 at 18:24.
Old 10th August 2015, 03:02   #987
Senior - BHPian

I had a long highway drive with my friends ZDI+ Ciaz. I have a question on the mirrorlink. Did anyone of you get it working?. I have a galaxy S5 which has a mirrorlink and is compatible with the system. Tried to connect it so many times both with USB cable and also Bluetooth and it would not even budge once for screen mirroring to work. My phone says connecting via mirror link and goes blank. My friend also has a LG phone with mirrorlink and he says he has never tried using it. Does it really work as advertised?
Old 10th August 2015, 10:50   #988

Re: SCOOP! Maruti Ciaz with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system coming up

I own a Maruti Ciaz ZXI+ Petrol in Chennai. I love this car. My car has minor dents here and there. Can you recommend any good workshop in Chennai who can fix this for me? I am not looking at a workshop who will say remove the door and repaint for a 4mm dent! I could not find any other forum more relevant to post this, hence here. regards/Ravi/
Old 10th August 2015, 10:53   #989
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP! Maruti Ciaz with Integrated Starter Generator & idling start / stop system coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviramaswamy View Post
I own a Maruti Ciaz ZXI+ Petrol in Chennai. I love this car. My car has minor dents here and there. Can you recommend any good workshop in Chennai who can fix this for me? I am not looking at a workshop who will say remove the door and repaint for a 4mm dent! I could not find any other forum more relevant to post this, hence here. regards/Ravi/
Ravi, welcome to Team-Bhp. Please go through the directory section of the forum for recommendations on body shops.
Old 10th August 2015, 16:17   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I had a long highway drive with my friends ZDI+ Ciaz. I have a question on the mirrorlink. Did anyone of you get it working?. I have a galaxy S5 which has a mirrorlink and is compatible with the system. Tried to connect it so many times both with USB cable and also Bluetooth and it would not even budge once for screen mirroring to work. My phone says connecting via mirror link and goes blank. My friend also has a LG phone with mirrorlink and he says he has never tried using it. Does it really work as advertised?
I am also not able to get it work with my Galaxy S5.
Car screen says Mirror link device connected, but only blank screen comes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks