Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2015, 11:04   #811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Satisfied 7000km on the car. Family loves the comfort and space. I love the drive quality and my value for money decision over other cars. Only problem is the unresolved sound from the co-passenger side on heavy bumps. Don't feel like leaving the car at the service center for 2 days for them to research (multiple dirty hand fiddling) as all they do is dirty it completely and give. Have to find a solution soon.

Might also be because of your wider tires / rims touching on the insides. Do keep us updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipal0006 View Post
nice rims visaster! I also have a ciaz zdi (o) for city use and I wanted to know, have you taken the car on the highway? and if yes how would you rate its performance cse I mostly take my trusted brutus aka the fortuner auto for cross country trips but am keen to try the ciaz on a trip as well.

Of the 10 K kms I have done in 2 months , I would say 7K kms have been on the highways.

This includes 2 Mumbai trips ( a solo drive and one with family ) and a couple of trips on some 2 laned roads to mangalore / Udipi.

90-120 kph js the cruising range for this car. Definitely doesn't like to be pushed on fast corners at anything higher. I am assuming this is because of the skinny 185 tires I am running on. Brakes well , handles decent and has amazing FE.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 12:34   #812
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Satisfied 7000km on the car. Family loves the comfort and space. I love the drive quality and my value for money decision over other cars. Only problem is the unresolved sound from the co-passenger side on heavy bumps. Don't feel like leaving the car at the service center for 2 days for them to research (multiple dirty hand fiddling) as all they do is dirty it completely and give. Have to find a solution soon.
You car looks fab with the blackened mirrors and roof. It reminds me of my erstwhile Indica Vista limited edition. How does it perform in the Chennai summers? Is the a/c upto the mark? In my black ciaz I find that the interiors heat up quite a bit when parked in the sun in kerala climate.
About the sound from the suspension, it should not be the tyres rubbing because I run the same size as you do and its not making any sound. Try to locate the source of the sound while someone else is driving. It could be anything apart from the suspension like the bonnet hinges rattling or door rattling or something loose in the engine bay. I really hope its not a suspension sound as the car itself seems to be quite good for the money we pay for it. Wouldn't want to see some component fail quite so soon.
Old 9th March 2015, 12:37   #813

The car is amazing on the highway, I have done about 6000km on the highway and have come back satisfied every single trip. the whole family enjoyed it too. It drives smooth, no question on lack of power ever. Happily cruise at 90-110km/hr all day giving you fuel efficiency of 20km/L. Road stability and braking very dependable.

That quite reassuring because I always thought with 4 on board and luggage this vehicle might struggle but I guess Maruti has worked wonders with this engine. I remember I reluctantly taking my Swift diesel on a road trip to Manali once and even though I was apprehensive about the vehicles performance with people and luggage on board, it just blew me away every time! so I guess the Ciaz is no different then.

Quote:
Of the 10 K kms I have done in 2 months , I would say 7K kms have been on the highways.

This includes 2 Mumbai trips ( a solo drive and one with family ) and a couple of trips on some 2 laned roads to mangalore / Udipi.

90-120 kph js the cruising range for this car. Definitely doesn't like to be pushed on fast corners at anything higher. I am assuming this is because of the skinny 185 tires I am running on. Brakes well , handles decent and has amazing FE.
Hey satya, I agree with you on the cornering abilities of this car. Mine comes with fatter 205 section rubber but still this is no swift around the twisties and that's a fact! but I guess that's a trade-off one can live with given the otherwise superb ride and comfort offered by the car.

Note from Support: Posts merged & edited. Please use full words & sentences while typing for better readability. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 9th March 2015 at 19:10. Reason: See note.
Benipal0006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 15:58   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
You car looks fab with the blackened mirrors and roof.How does it perform in the Chennai summers? Is the a/c upto the mark? In my black ciaz I find that the interiors heat up quite a bit when parked in the sun in kerala climate.
About the sound from the suspension, it should not be the tyres rubbing because I run the same size as you do and its not making any sound.
Thanks. Its pretty good, AC works well, but without tinted glasses the sun really burns in. Last weekend i was driving from Bangalore to Chennai had to cover myself in a wet cloth to save from the harsh sun. I park in basement, thankful for it saves heated experience.
I wonder why they banned tinted glass, illegal activity can happen anywhere.
You run the same tires and have no problem?, that is a relief.
I specifically get sound from the left side.
The service fellows are utter waste. They claim they need 2 days to rectify, to start they don't even know what is the problem.
My previous service they did a tire rotation even after complaining I doubt they did no check on the tires not even for uneven ware.
I hope to resolve it soon, but how and where is the question?
Hearing a rattle from the left side of dash board also, its very annoying, my 14yr Santro did not develop any rattle until 12yrs that too after effects of moving to Chennai road.
I was warned of this issue with Maruti cars and told to drive slow on bad roads and potholes. It sure is working well otherwise and super smooth.

Last edited by Visaster : 11th March 2015 at 16:05.
Old 11th March 2015, 23:05   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Its pretty good, AC works well, but without tinted glasses the sun really burns in. Last weekend i was driving from Bangalore to Chennai had to cover myself in a wet cloth to save from the harsh sun. I park in basement, thankful for it saves heated experience.
I wonder why they banned tinted glass, illegal activity can happen anywhere.
You run the same tires and have no problem?, that is a relief.
I specifically get sound from the left side.
The service fellows are utter waste. They claim they need 2 days to rectify, to start they don't even know what is the problem.
My previous service they did a tire rotation even after complaining I doubt they did no check on the tires not even for uneven ware.
I hope to resolve it soon, but how and where is the question?
Hearing a rattle from the left side of dash board also, its very annoying, my 14yr Santro did not develop any rattle until 12yrs that too after effects of moving to Chennai road.
I was warned of this issue with Maruti cars and told to drive slow on bad roads and potholes. It sure is working well otherwise and super smooth.
The rattle must be from the glove compartment...mine is also rattling. you can't hear any sound if you remove the glove compartment. I have reported this problem with my service personnel and they have already given order for a new unit. let us hope it wont rattle once the new unit is installed.
Old 16th March 2015, 21:30   #816
BHPian

Guys from popular maruthi replaced my new glovebox today.Now I can't hear any rattle on good roads,but we can still hear a mild rattle while on bad roads.Lets hope maruthi will take necessary steps to eradicate this niggle in future
Old 17th March 2015, 00:01   #817
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
Guys from popular maruthi replaced my new glovebox today.Now I can't hear any rattle on good roads,but we can still hear a mild rattle while on bad roads.Lets hope maruthi will take necessary steps to eradicate this niggle in future
Hope the glove box is empty and not having anything loose items in it.

Check the rubber stoppers on the glove box door and latching area to see if the glove box lock has any play after it gets locked.
Old 17th March 2015, 11:29   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
Ask someone else to drive and figure out where the rattle is from. Mine comes from the lower right side, even if i remove everything or leave the glove compartment open. I guess its got something to do with the right hinge.

Hope I get a replacement or sorted out.
Still gives me nightmares to send the car with those dirty service guys, nor i have time to go supervise them when they are at work. Hope its not a big problem with the suspension or something.

I heard couple of others to hear a metal hitting sound on full load when you go over speed breakers or pot holes, is it true?
Old 18th March 2015, 21:19   #819
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Done with 3rd service today at Mandovi on Bannerghata Road

Replaced the following :

1- Air Filter
2- She'll Fully Synthetic 5W:40 engine oil and filter
3-wheel balancing and alignment ( will do it at a tyre expert like Madhus next time )
4- windscreen washer fluid ( this was not needed as I use Sonax which is much better)

Other settings changed:

1- I wasn't happy with the windscreen spray which was too low for my seating. Got that adjusted

2- gear shifting was hard at times , as if clutch wasn't engaged fully.

3- headlights alignment

What I didn't like :

These guys just don't understand! It's so difficult to get the right seating adjustment only to have everything changed during service! Have shared feedback orally , next time will give it in writing.

Customer lounge is just useless. Not a place where you can spend time comfortably.

Total service charge : 5655 INR ( this would have been lesser by around 1200 INR for someone opting for semi-synthetic oil )
Overall service experience : 9/10
Would I recommend them to others : Definitely Yes. Would recommend them anytime over other overrated MASS

Last edited by speedsatya : 18th March 2015 at 21:24.
speedsatya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 08:57   #820
BHPian

An update on the car after 5500 successful kms on the odo:
The car was given to Sai Service for 2nd service two days ago. I had the following issues from Day 1 of the ownership:
1. The gear shift was slightly hard as if the clutch was not being fully disengaged while shifting even if the clutch is pressed to the floor.
2. At the biting point of the clutch when the vehicle starts moving, there is an uneven judder as if the mating was not happening properly.

They took note of these problems and later informed me that the clutch kit has to be replaced. I was apprehensive of letting them open up the gearbox casing but decided that this was better than maybe something failing after the warranty is over. The entire clutch friction assembly was replaced under warranty and got the car back the next day. All problems seem solved. The judder is gone and the hardness of the gearshift is gone. This is the way it should have been in the first place. Need to drive the vehicle for another two weeks and see if there is any leakage of oil if they have not sealed the assembly correctly. These problems were reported in the first service but since the car was given on a Sunday they never bothered to fix it that time and I never bothered to go back for it.
On a side note, I believe there was a recall for some units of 2014 Ciaz to replace some clutch parts due to defect. I am wondering if this could be it? Anyone else got a clutch job done? I'm still not very happy about a clutch overhaul having to be done on a 3 month old car.
Old 21st March 2015, 12:14   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
On a side note, I believe there was a recall for some units of 2014 Ciaz to replace some clutch parts due to defect. I am wondering if this could be it? Anyone else got a clutch job done?

At times, I also see this slight judder in first gear. But my car wasn't in the list of recalls

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2015 at 12:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 21st March 2015, 17:25   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
At times , I also see this slight judder in first gear. But my car wasn't in the list of recalls
Where do you find out the serial numbers of cars that are recalled? Is this info available online? I tried searching once but could not find any info on it. I would like to find out if mine figures in the list. Already asked the ASC but I somehow do not trust them to give the correct info. This is because I had pointed out the recall news before I got the car but this car was practically thrust upon me saying it is not in the list of recalls. Moreover they delivered the car to me with a repainted driver door which I discovered a day later. And a real shoddy job of repainting at that. Anyway all that fiasco is past now and planning to enjoy the car fully..if it will let me.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:29   #823
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Check out my latest update in the OEM head-unit thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sad that the OEM touchscreen scene still leaves a lot to be desired.

I finally got my hands on a Ciaz petrol (review will be up shortly). The single bug in the car was its troublesome head-unit. Simply playing music via my smartphone didn't post a problem.

However, ask the touchscreen to multi-task and it would go bonkers. For instance, while streaming music, if I received a call, about 10% of the time, the screen would go dead or get stuck in a start / stop loop (see video below). Similarly, while listening to music, if I engaged reverse gear (and the touchscreen became the reversing camera's display), about 10% of the time, it would continually switch on & off. The only solution was to wait for a couple of minutes and hope that things got back to normal.

Check this video I shot of the touchscreen acting up. I experienced this several times a day. Additionally, I found the touchscreen's response times to be incredibly sluggish!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=NrOOWfqJdnQ
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 16:47   #824
BHPian

Finally with heavy heart left the car at the service center to figure out what was the problem with the car (metal sound when it hits the pothole/ speed-breaker). I am indeed happy that they managed to find and sort it out.

The problem was the metal plate medial to the disc brake acting as protection was hitting (touching) on to the front chassis on full suspension action. The metal plate was trimmed a bit and no sound at all, I can put the shocks to full test now without the metal noise.

Happy that I don't have to change my up-sized tires (205/55/16).

Still the dashboard, glove box vibration/noise not rectified, going in again today.

Casual walk into the accessories shop to find out that the OEM video head unit for sale now, but that piece of poorly designed flaw functioning device is for Rs.75000/-, without GPS support. Who will even buy that thing at this cost price, I wonder.

Last edited by Visaster : 28th March 2015 at 16:49.
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:17   #825
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As our news article states, large aggregators & cab companies have approached Maruti, but it remains hesitant to offer the Ciaz in the taxi market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks