Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 02:32   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Finally, I actually saw the ZXI Auto transmission in action and TD it. Yes, I did it today. This Silver Ciaz ZXi AT per se is allocated to me. I can get pictures when I visit the dealership again tomorrow.

I personally feel Maruti has a winner on its hands.
Congrats! Hope you have taken delivery by now?

I have booked one today and Yours seems to be the only Automatic delivered here so please shed some light on the transmission and the FE. Being a 4 speed Automatic I'm skeptical about the FE.
Old 7th November 2014, 07:47   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats! Hope you have taken delivery by now?

I have booked one today and Yours seems to be the only Automatic delivered here so please shed some light on the transmission and the FE. Being a 4 speed Automatic I'm skeptical about the FE.
No it wasnt going to be. I cancelled my booking yesterday because the car continues to stay in the yard as MSIL has still not obtained approvals for the zxi Auto to ply on TN roads. The dealership is also not certain about the timelines - keeps saying 15-20 days every five days. Also, they advised me to make the down payment when they gain some clarity .

I made the down payment on Elantra CRDI SX AT last evening. SA said car will be delivered on Friday. See the difference.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:06   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MSIL has still not obtained approvals for the zxi Auto to ply on TN roads.

I made the down payment on Elantra CRDI SX AT last evening. SA said car will be delivered on Friday. See the difference.
I don't get what permission MSIL could need more since several manual versions are on the road. Perhaps the ARAI testing a aren't complete?

What was the ex-showroom price on the Elantra after discounts?
Old 7th November 2014, 10:01   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What was the ex-showroom price on the Elantra after discounts?
I got 58000 discount plus an x bonus of 25k on the on road price.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:25   #440
BHPian

Quote:
I got 58000 discount plus an x bonus of 25k on the on road price.
Elantra is in another segment altogether, not by size that much though as Ciaz is largest in its segment but otherwise.
That too a diesel, how much you had to shell out more over the Auto Petrol Ciaz?
Old 7th November 2014, 15:06   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Elantra is in another segment altogether, not by size that much though as Ciaz is largest in its segment but otherwise.
That too a diesel, how much you had to shell out more over the Auto Petrol Ciaz?
I wanted to buy peace of mind for next seven years within a budget of about 18 lakhs. Only Hyundai and MSIL were able to offer that. Honda City to a great extent too could offer that , but we are instinctive folks and need a car next week - Honda asked us to wait for a ridiculous five months. I TD Elantra, found nothing to complain of. The VTVT 1.8L Auto was offering a FE of 8kmpl. Which was a no-go. So had to settle for Diesel - did some math and figured out that i will break even the difference b/w a petrol and Diesel in three-four years.
Old 7th November 2014, 16:57   #442
BHPian

I spotted 3 Ciaz while returning from work. Whitefield to RT Nagar in Bangalore. It got curious look from most drivers on the road for quite an distance. Looks like Bangalore is seeing some deliveries picking up.
Old 7th November 2014, 20:56   #443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As per my reliable Maruti birdie, MSIL is carrying out a hush-hush recall of the Ciaz to replace a critical component in the engine bay.

No info right now on which exact part is being replaced.

This is for petrol Ciaz-es only. Diesels are unaffected.

Any further news on this?
Old 9th November 2014, 15:26   #444
Senior - BHPian

Took the test drive of a Ciaz Diesel today and the car has left me impressed. Most impressive was the amount leg space available at the rear after having set the driver's seat for a person of approx 5'8". Only if it had a bit more of thigh support.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141109_094631.jpg

Second most impressive feat was the lack of NVH inside the car with the Diesel motor thrumming away. The engine which is the smallest of the segment did not feel underpowered driven inside the city and the car was able to keep up with and get ahead of other cars with a light prod of the throttle. Pulled slowly but neatly from just under 1000RPM in 3rd gear with 3 on board and ACC ON. Turbo lag was very low compared to 75BHP Swift. Opened the bonnet and looked for any tuning box and i didn't find any Compared to the fluidic Verna and the Sunny the rear end felt firmer. Potholes etc doesn't filter into the cabin like other lesser Marutis.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141109_094641.jpg
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 16:49   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As per my reliable Maruti birdie, MSIL is carrying out a hush-hush recall of the Ciaz to replace a critical component in the engine bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Any further news on this?
It's the fuel injector rings. Some cars don't have them, while others have a faulty one in them. So the replacement has been ordered for all petrol Ciaz-es.

One more issue has cropped up - MSIL had issued a compulsory clutch bleeding operation for all diesel Ciaz-es (sold and in stock) some days back. Now they are replacing a ring in the clutch assembly which is said to be faulty. The said ring is placed inside the clutch assembly, right where the lever goes in when the clutch is depressed.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th November 2014 at 16:50.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 18:09   #446
BHPian

Deferred my ZDI(O) booking till the ZDI+ is released.

Has ANYONE got any credible information on a release timeline for the Smart play system equipped ZDI+?
Old 10th November 2014, 18:21   #447
BHPian

Nice package, but boring engine options. When will Maruti come out with its own diesel engine and how many more days will Maruti dress up with the 1.3MJD.

The national engine is acceptable in C1 segment or lower but definitely not in Ciaz or Ertiga. Ciaz should have been at least 1.6L engine. Serious let down factor for potential buyer like me. What is the point in having a great packaged car with a meager performing engine.Further turbo lag is a pain driving in traffic.

Last edited by rki2007 : 10th November 2014 at 18:25.
Old 11th November 2014, 08:18   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Nice package, but boring engine options. When will Maruti come out with its own diesel engine and how many more days will Maruti dress up with the 1.3MJD.

The national engine is acceptable in C1 segment or lower but definitely not in Ciaz or Ertiga. Ciaz should have been at least 1.6L engine. Serious let down factor for potential buyer like me. What is the point in having a great packaged car with a meager performing engine.Further turbo lag is a pain driving in traffic.
If Linea can do with the same engine, why can Ciaz not? Ciaz is much lighter and Maruti tunes the same engine better than Fiat, on top of it the gear ratios are much better.
To support this, I am sure Ciaz's 0-100 kmph timings would be much better.
If the car otherwise is good, get it remapped to 110 bhp, 230 Nm.
Also, reviewers have said everywhere that it does not feel underpowered.
Petrol is better than the diesel in terms of responsiveness, though not in league of the City.
Acc to me the real let downs are seats, under thigh support, lumbar support, lousy steering with little feedback and a not so good suspension.
Old 11th November 2014, 08:26   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
If Linea can do with the same engine, why can Ciaz not? Ciaz is much lighter and Maruti tunes the same engine better than Fiat, on top of it the gear ratios are much better.
To support this, I am sure Ciaz's 0-100 kmph timings would be much better.
If the car otherwise is good, get it remapped to 110 bhp, 230 Nm.
Also, reviewers have said everywhere that it does not feel underpowered.
Petrol is better than the diesel in terms of responsiveness, though not in league of the City.
Acc to me the real let downs are seats, under thigh support, lumbar support, lousy steering with little feedback and a not so good suspension.
I have been driving Manza 1.3 MJD over 4 years now. I understand the strength and weekness of this MJD engine. Though the tuning differs between Maruti/Tata and Fiat, overall it is the same engine.

May be this is a case specific situation for buyers like me who has been driving the MJD and again do not want to get the old wine in a new bottle. I am definitely not against the MJD or any car say Ciaz for that matter, but expect something more powerful and better at least in this segment

Last edited by rki2007 : 11th November 2014 at 08:30.
Old 11th November 2014, 09:13   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have been driving Manza 1.3 MJD over 4 years now. I understand the strength and weekness of this MJD engine. Though the tuning differs between Maruti/Tata and Fiat, overall it is the same engine.

May be this is a case specific situation for buyers like me who has been driving the MJD and again do not want to get the old wine in a new bottle. I am definitely not against the MJD or any car say Ciaz for that matter, but expect something more powerful and better at least in this segment
Now I understand, as an owner you definitely know it better.
What I tried to say is that better tuning/gearing and lesser weight does make a change.
Not only this, the longer clutch travel and gear throws in the Linea/Manza make the experience worse.
There is no doubt that the engine which powered the Vista 90 is not supposed to drive the Ciaz, but then Ciaz's suspension/steering, the noise intrusion are too big a issue for me to look at the bhp figures.
If you say Fiesta is let down by a slower engine, I totally agree as the engine could have been more powerful for that billiant chassis but Ciaz's not so inspiring steering is enough for me to not feel need of 20-30 more bhp.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks