Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 08:30   #376

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Thanks pdma,
I personally don't like the looks of new fiat linea, i have test driven the previous linea some how i didnt like the car.again the fiat service and niggling issues and poor resale value are the main drawbacks.
i am thinking of one segment higher because all marutis feels nice when u buy the car but in few months of driving the engine sound will go up, will develop pedal vibrations and suspension components fail.
And i think it may due to the poor quality of parts they use so that they age super fast.
My 2010 ford fiesta run 90000 km still feels in showroom condition even after driving in some of the worsts roads in india and maintenance cost is only half that of maruti.
And thanks vibbs
argee9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 16:51   #377
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Ciaz for the first time on the road. Absolutely zero road presence if you were to ask me. The design is way too bland. It will start looking old and tired within no time. No offense to any owners.
extreme_torque is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 20:38   #378
BHPian

Ciaz is a subtle car, no doubt there. Its more of a practical option.
Owning a verna which has been here for more than 4yrs, a honda city which looks almost like the previous gen, oldaged vento and rapid, rounded sunny, I dont see anyone of those cars also getting a statement made. Presently except the i20 I dont think anyother car has that, look at me written over it.
Ciaz is a no looker but no way close to ugly. Even picky women like its looks and the size which goes with it, what more do you need. One problem is the maruti badging which is a turn off after spending a huge sum demanding no premium in India.
The actually sore spot according to me is the seating comfort or else it passes all the tasks for the money you pay for it.
Visaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 21:37   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Ciaz is a subtle car, no doubt there. Its more of a practical option.
Owning a verna which has been here for more than 4yrs, a honda city which looks almost like the previous gen, oldaged vento and rapid, rounded sunny, I dont see anyone of those cars also getting a statement made. Presently except the i20 I dont think anyother car has that, look at me written over it.
Ciaz is a no looker but no way close to ugly. Even picky women like its looks and the size which goes with it, what more do you need. One problem is the maruti badging which is a turn off after spending a huge sum demanding no premium in India.
The actually sore spot according to me is the seating comfort or else it passes all the tasks for the money you pay for it.
It is too subtle for comfort. I mean the last gen Linea was also subtle but handsome and had a few design highlights. I would not call Ciaz handsome. There is just no design highlight, required even for a subtly styled car.
Old 26th October 2014, 14:20   #380
BHPian

Had gone to get a sticker job done for my City. Saw a white Ciaz which had come for new number plates. Plain jane looks, even the large chrome grille in front didnt inspire me at all. In fact, look closely from the front and you will find the face similar to some classic Dodge cars. Yes, it does have road presence, thanks to its size, but quite a disappointment after all the wait.
Old 26th October 2014, 19:28   #381
BHPian

I had a look at the Ciaz for the first time on road yesterday in I really liked the exterior. I saw it in what looked liked maroon color but I guess it might look even better in black or dark grey if available in those colors. I never liked the design of present gen Honda City and fluidic Verna simply because there was too much going on in the name of crease and such. So, no surprise that I liked the toned-down Ciaz. But what surprised me was that my six year old son was like "wow', looking at the car from the front.
Old 26th October 2014, 20:23   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I had a look at the Ciaz for the first time on road yesterday in I really liked the exterior. I saw it in what looked liked maroon color but I guess it might look even better in black or dark grey if available in those colors. I never liked the design of present gen Honda City and fluidic Verna simply because there was too much going on in the name of crease and such. So, no surprise that I liked the toned-down Ciaz. But what surprised me was that my six year old son was like "wow', looking at the car from the front.
This is what I am talking about. People have called it boring and people have liked it too. Design and looks is totally subjective and though it is an integral part of any car, we shouldn't focus much on it. Quality, reliability, driving dynamics are the attributes which come much prior to looks for me.
Old 26th October 2014, 20:42   #383
BANNED

My neighbour has booked the Ciaz ZDi+ last week, the sales manager says the car will arrive by Mid-November but reports online say deliveries will commence from January 2015.

Does anyone have clarity on this part?

Anurag.
Old 27th October 2014, 09:23   #384
BANNED

I personally saw the Ciaz in Diwali. After close inspection, below are my observations -

1 Looks - Better than city for me. Looks very elegant & stylish. Its simple but looks classy. Fit & finish, paint quality is very good. With Alloys, it looks chick on the road.

2 Inetriors - In my opinion, its way better than Honda City. Both in quality & looks. May be due to color, but it looks much better than City. It has very pleasant feel than City.

3 ZXi & ZDi almost has all the features you want. Its a feature packed car for sure.

4 VXi+ & ZDi+ also has loads of features. Only thing missing here is passenger side Airbag. Maruti should add it to make it a complete package.

5 Price wise its a great VFM package over City.

** Didn't test drive the car as it was not available at that time & I didn't have time to wait.

Overall i liked the car a lot. I will pick it up any day over city. Very good effort by Maruti.

Please Note: It looks better than in photos. My personal choice is white. Looks very classy & stylish.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:30   #385
BHPian

The front grill shape seems to have an uncanny resemblance to the age old Maruti Esteem, just slightly larger and with one extra slat. Looks like they wanted to keep the family resemblance intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiaz01.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruti-esteem.jpg  

Old 27th October 2014, 13:12   #386
Senior - BHPian

Took a very short spin on the Zdi test car last week.
To look at, this is one head turner for a Maruti. I was expecting good space on the inside from looking at the overall length from the outside.
The front space is average., but where all the space has gone is for the rear seats and the boot.
The dash finish and quality was something I wasn't expecting and never seen earlier on a MS car.
The last new Maruti I' drove was a Swift Zxi a couple of years back and that was a huge leap in interior quality and finish compared to the 2005 Swift we have and the Ciaz takes it to a different level now.
Driving was nothing to write home about. Felt very Suzuki like in terms of steering and feel . The diesel engine is very silent except for a point in the Rev range were for some reason the diesel clatter gets very prominent inside. This was just before the turbo kicks in.

What hit me in the whole package was the looks and the class feeling on the inside. Something which I haven't seen on other MS models and the for the pricing, it's the right chauffeur driven car and I can see many of these replacing the Corolla' and SX4's of Government servants.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:48   #387
BHPian

Most of us are having a very unique experience with Ciaz. Over 8-10 weeks have gone by since pictures of Maruti stock yard teaming with thousands of delivery-ready Ciaz's surfaced on the web. Surprisingly, a lot of us continue to wait for delivery. Last I heard, the dealer tells me the Ciaz which was allotted to me accidentally reached Bangalore instead of reaching Chennai

I have been waiting for this since August - the experience becoming bitter by the day. If I don't receive my car this week, I might instinctively go ahead and cancel my booking.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:54   #388
BHPian

Saw the car for the first time today on the road. Maroon color. Looks okay. Nothing dramatic. But I am 100% sure it will age in no time. NOT classy.

Fluidic Verna looks better.

Fiat Linea looks classier.

Checked out the specs. Little horse power. This is one sedate looking and driving sedan.
Old 27th October 2014, 16:27   #389
BHPian

Eager to read a comprehensive performance review of the Petrol engine please. I am certain TBHP review content has its own weight worth in gold when making purchase decisions.
Old 27th October 2014, 19:59   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
Thanks pdma,
I personally don't like the looks of new fiat linea, i have test driven the previous linea some how i didnt like the car.again the fiat service and niggling issues and poor resale value are the main drawbacks.
i am thinking of one segment higher because all marutis feels nice when u buy the car but in few months of driving the engine sound will go up, will develop pedal vibrations and suspension components fail.
I too don't particularly like the new Linea in terms of looks. The Linea classic (old Linea, in terms of basic looks) would do good for me if it is made available with ABS+Airbags. At that cost, it would be a value for money proposition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks