Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 08:31   #2551

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello everyone,

The left ORVM for my CIAZ Alpha 1.5D was damaged. I got the replacement mirror and the cover for the orvm, it was in black and I had to get it painted. But I cannot find the lower plastic cover that comes in black only. I have tried with Nexa and local shops but they all are saying that it's not available/doesn't come standalone.

If anyone knows where I can find one please? Attaching picture for reference, the lower cap black part is missing. The pic is with the cap intact.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20220929_172339.jpg
Old 23rd November 2022, 21:18   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextstar View Post
Hello everyone,

The left ORVM for my CIAZ Alpha 1.5D was damaged. I got the replacement mirror and the cover for the orvm, it was in black and I had to get it painted. But I cannot find the lower plastic cover that comes in black only. I have tried with Nexa and local shops but they all are saying that it's not available/doesn't come standalone.

If anyone knows where I can find one please? Attaching picture for reference, the lower cap black part is missing. The pic is with the cap intact.

Attachment 2380285
Try boodmo, select car and year, you should find the part here

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-cove...lack-32999554/
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 13:43   #2553
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.4 Petrol | Ownership Report - 6.5 years & 62000 KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauryadabas View Post
2015 Ciaz VXI+ (~Delta) which has crossed 62000km and is doing duty as our one link in this thread
Hi, please elaborate about the NVH levels?

Dear all,

I went for a test drive on a 65k driven Ciaz 1.4 liter petrol car in Hyderabad.

The car was showing excellent mileage figures of 18.4 km/l on the display and was a single owner driven car. The owner is a senior citizen and looking for an upgrade.

The car was having good ride quality and had ample power, however, I did not like the engine noise. Owner stated that it is like this from the starting.

It was quite harsh when accelerating, the engine at idle was very silent.

I wanted to know from the owners of 1.4L petrol Ciaz (before the 1.5L came into picture) about how the engine sounds.

I have read and seen every review on the forum and outside and now utterly confused. Some say that the engine is silent, some say that it makes intolerable noise when pushed hard.

No one tells about the noise when accelerated normally?
Old 14th April 2023, 06:31   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
I wanted to know from the owners of 1.4L petrol Ciaz (before the 1.5L came into picture) about how the engine sounds?
Hi MT_Hyderabad;
The engine noise of 1.4L petrol is quite raspy when revved but isn’t annoying to be particular, atleast from my experience.
shauryadabas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 16:44   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to know from the owners of 1.4L petrol Ciaz (before the 1.5L came into picture) about how the engine sounds.

I have read and seen every review on the forum and outside and now utterly confused. Some say that the engine is silent, some say that it makes intolerable noise when pushed hard.
Noise is quite subjective unless measured. That said, it has a grunt when revved hard and is quite smooth when revved normally. Either way, it's definitely not intolerable. I drive usually within 3k RPM.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 21:29   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Hi MT_Hyderabad;
The engine noise of 1.4L petrol is quite raspy when revved but isn’t annoying to be particular, atleast from my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Noise is quite subjective unless measured. That said, it has a grunt when revved hard and is quite smooth when revved normally. Either way, it's definitely not intolerable. I drive usually within 3k RPM.
Thanks a lot guys. One last one, what would be the right price for a 65K driven ZXi (2016)?
Looks fine; tyres were not changed yet. I have seen many others who are doing more than 80K on these tyres, hence it is not a problem. However, I will change them within 1 or 2 months (once I confirm that I have not got a lemon)

City: Hyderabad (For city pricing differences, was costing INR 10.5L without discounts then). Single Owner.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 16th April 2023 at 21:30.
Old 28th April 2023, 11:06   #2557

Hello All - Intro and Need Some Guidance

Hi, my first post here. I am in Kolkata, from a small town in West Bengal (Rampurhat) and work in Bangalore (I keep traveling to Bangalore on and off, thanks to so much of work-from-home in the IT sector).

Hoping to keep interacting with you folks. And need some help too.

I own a December 2020 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Petrol Alpha Automatic.

So far it has driven a shade less than 18,000 km, so as you can imagine, the total drive is not much. However, some of these drives have been short-distance highway (20-25 km), and otherwise, these days mostly the 3.5 km journey in each direction, twice a day, from home to my son's school and back.

And then, there are a couple of times when my son's school remains closed, but I keep going from South to North Kolkata and back (around 18-20 km, depending upon the route I take) to my in-laws' place, and at times journey from my home to the airport (24-26 km, depending upon the route I take - my chauffeur drops me and comes back home). In these cases, it is relatively longer runs. I always keep the AC switched ON.

My real problem is that, the fuel economy of the card is horrible, and I suspect the inbuilt brake+clutch (note, the car is automatic). In city, when my son's school is open and most of those journey are short, I get anywhere between 6-7 km/liter. If my son's school is closed, and majority of the journeys are in-city 18-20 km, the fuel economy is typically between 7.5-8.25 km/liter. The only time the car was driven on a highway for long - 250+ km in each direction up and down - the fuel economy was 16+ kmpl. If I put it on cruise and let it sail for some time, say 5-6 km (for those who know Kolkata, this is not difficult to if I take the paid toll road from Dakshineshwar to Dankuni), the car averages 21-22 kmpl.

I had taken this to at least 4 different Maruti Suzuki centers that I recall, and nobody could find an issue with the engine. Obviously, if cruise gives it 21-22 kmpl and that too on petrol, there cannot be a problem in the engine, these numbers are incredible. 16+ kmpl on a long highway seems reasonable too, more so given there were enough trucks on the road. All of this makes me certain that the issue is with the brake+clutch subsystem of the vehicle.

What to do in this situation? In my usual usage, I get anywhere in the range of 6-8 kmpl, depending upon how much of it has been journey to my son's school, how much to the airport and how much to my in-laws' place. Can Maruti help me as a central company? Do they have any policy? Or is selling the car off my only way out? Or, is there some other fix?

I would really be helped by your inputs.
Old 28th April 2023, 14:53   #2558

Re: Hello All - Intro and Need Some Guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntalDey View Post
What to do in this situation? In my usual usage, I get anywhere in the range of 6-8 kmpl, depending upon how much of it has been journey to my son's school, how much to the airport and how much to my in-laws' place. Can Maruti help me as a central company? Do they have any policy? Or is selling the car off my only way out? Or, is there some other fix?
6-8 kmpl is extremely less. I own a 2015 Ciaz ZXi+ manual and I get between 12-14 kmpl in city in Delhi Traffic conditions, some open roads with regular congestions. Only way to get better numbers is first to keep a light foot while driving and secondly do not brake a lot, accelerate only as much required based on the traffic ahead. If I see ahead that I might need to slow down soon, I would then not accelerate to reach there quickly. Relaxed and sedate driving gets me good mileage.
Old 28th April 2023, 22:31   #2559
BHPian

Re: Hello All - Intro and Need Some Guidance

Quote:
Hi MT_Hyderabad;
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Guys, thanks a lot. I did the purchase and enjoying the car. Did 500 odd kms already. The ride quality is marvelous. The engine is quite powerful and doesn't seem underpowered as many reviews stated. Yes, on hard acceleration, the engine becomes noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuntalDey View Post
Hi, my first post here. I am in Kolkata, from a small town in West Bengal (Rampurhat) and work in Bangalore (I keep traveling to Bangalore on and off..
Welcome to the forum.
Regarding your query, please do not waste time in getting your car checked. It is quite normal for cars to give low FE when driven for very short runs. There is a thread called 'Do you drive a fuel guzzler' on TeamBhp, check it out. People are getting even lesser than yours on short runs.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 16:49   #2560
BHPian

Got the car serviced.

Oil and oil filter, Cabin filter, Air filter, Brake pads were replaced.

Break up -

Oil ~2k (Mobil 3000 X1)
Cabin filter - 250
Oil Filter - 100
Brake pads - TVS - 950 (Bosch were 650 but not OEM)
Air filter - 300
Labour - 1k (FNG)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-478730b1af3d45d687158ebf8935ec6acollage.jpeg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-2bcde72eb43740bcbe8b85c393308f1fcollage.jpeg  

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 29th April 2023 at 16:50.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 12:33   #2561
BHPian

I took a test drive of Ciaz yesterday. I was surprised, it is a very likeable car, easy to drive in slow moving traffic (under 40), 3rd gear can pull from low speeds, suspension is good, Very comfortable seats, light clutch, easy to operate clutch and gear.
I am considering the automatic, but manual is good too.

But it was not on display nor available for test drives (tired 2 showrooms). I luckily got a Td at the 3rd one - there too they had to jump start the car.
(the receptionist had refused, but the sales guy, probably new there, decided to make some effort. He said they only get repeat customers for Ciaz).

I have only 2 concerns - 1) low sales - it might be discontinued.
2) thin sheet metal - easily dented. Bumpers too break their locks easily and cant handle a very slow speed hit. (is this true?)
Old 13th May 2023, 13:31   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
2) thin sheet metal - easily dented. Bumpers too break their locks easily and cant handle a very slow speed hit. (is this true?)
You cant bend a 6 inch 10 mm rod. But you can easily bend it if its 60 inch long. The same theory applies to Ciaz too.

The bigger the car, the thicker the material should be, to hold it structurally strong. The panels will also be big, which means, they could easily dent/break.

Its big and wide, which makes it easily dentable, but in reality, its better than other maruti's [Cost is high too]
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 13:49   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Dont worry about low sales in present times. The car has sold in enough numbers and there are plenty running on the roads. Most components, including the 1.5 engine, are shared with other Maruti cars. The service network and parts supply infrastructure is too big to worry for the next 10-15 years.

2. The real concern should be to know the safety aspect and the structural integrity of a car. Ciaz is an average car to be honest, and built on the HearTect platform.

Ciaz has become a very VFM car after the price rise in the auto industry.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 13th May 2023 at 13:52.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 17:20   #2564
GST
BHPian

Quote:

No one tells about the noise when accelerated normally?
I have petrol 2017 Ciaz 1.4l, and I find it very smooth and reasonably quiet. It is very stable with has controlled road noise even on highways upto 130 kmph (that's about the highest speed I have tried in a sfe manner). A different remark is that I wouldn't advise anybody driving this car beyond 100 kmph for a safe and pleasant experience. I myself rarely cross this limit unless road is really straight and free enough. Just today at about a speed of 100 kmph I had to swerve to avoid a stupid fellow abruptly jumping in my lane without checking blind spot; nothing happened and car remained upright, but the experience was unnerving, a similar manuever at about 80 kmph didn't give me any unnerving jitters of this kind.

But even at these speeds, the cars quiet enough.
GST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 19:35   #2565
BHPian

Quote:

1. Don’t worry about this aspect it is selling in decent volume compared to many
Other cars. Volume may look low from Maruti standards. They won’t
discontinue it anytime soon, it’s still minting money. Also even if they
discontinue it, parts won’t be a problem. We can still get parts for pre 2000
Maruti 800.

2. This you have to live with. You get what you pay for. No helping here.

If safety is your priority then go for Tata or VW, whichever is in your budget. But none are as VFM as Ciaz. They got their own niggles as well. Tough time for a buyer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks