Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2018, 21:07   #2356
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks ! Wanted to ask this part too.

Btw, how are the stock speakers ?

We are avoding the basic stuff, but the mats - yes.
2 front and 2 rear. Output is good. They will vibrate at high volumes.
Old 19th April 2018, 21:29   #2357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are avoding the basic stuff, but the mats - yes.
Stock NEXA mats are useless IMO. Do have a look at the 7D mats which are in fashion right now. They look awesome.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 20th April 2018, 10:45   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Folks needed some info related to the Headlight and Fog Lamps of the Ciaz. This is for a friend of mine who is planning to swap the Headlights with LEDs.

Based on what I could see the Main Headlight is called out as H7 and Fog Lamps are called out as H8.

My understanding is the H7 is a single filament model and hence would be either the High Beam or the Low Beam. What about the the Socket type for the other Bulb required for the remaining Beam Type?
Old 20th April 2018, 11:11   #2359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
My understanding is the H7 is a single filament model and hence would be either the High Beam or the Low Beam. What about the the Socket type for the other Bulb required for the remaining Beam Type?
H7 is used in both high-beam and low-beam. The difference is the reflector design. However my answer is more generic - so check the specs of the Ciaz headlamps for a definitive answer.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 11:16   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
2 front and 2 rear. Output is good. They will vibrate at high volumes.
Aren't there two tweeters next to the rear view mirrors also? Or this that only on the Alpha variant ?

I find the output to be good for a stock speaker setup
Old 20th April 2018, 11:19   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
H7 is used in both high-beam and low-beam. The difference is the reflector design. However my answer is more generic - so check the specs of the Ciaz headlamps for a definitive answer.
Thanks for the quick response. Based on what you are saying, to replace the Main Headlights of the Ciaz, we would need two pairs of H7 Bulbs. First set of H7 would be used in High Beam and the second set of H7 would be used for Low Beam - is this a correct understanding?

Since the H7 is a single filament bulb, the single bulb cannot serve High Beam and Low Beam (like how H4 works since it is a dual filament bulb) but we need separate bulbs for High and Low Beam.

As called out, I will ask him to speak to the SA from Maruti as well.
Old 20th April 2018, 13:59   #2362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. Based on what you are saying, to replace the Main Headlights of the Ciaz, we would need two pairs of H7 Bulbs. First set of H7 would be used in High Beam and the second set of H7 would be used for Low Beam - is this a correct understandIng?

As called out, I will ask him to speak to the SA from Maruti as well.
Yes, he will need four bulbs totally to upgrade both high and low beams. The projector needs one H7 for low beam while the reflector uses one bulb for high beam.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:03   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes, he will need four bulbs totally to upgrade both high and low beams. The projector needs one H7 for low beam while the reflector uses one bulb for high beam.
Thanks! However I was searching on TeamBHP and came across this post where someone has called out that it is H1 (High Beam) and H7 (Low Beam) - Refer URL - URL

H7s are easy to get and H1s the choice is limited. Could you confirm what is the correct configuration?
Old 20th April 2018, 14:23   #2364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! However I was searching on TeamBHP and came across this post where someone has called out that it is H1 (High Beam) and H7 (Low Beam)

H7s are easy to get and H1s the choice is limited. Could you confirm what is the correct configuration?
As per what I have seen myself its H7 for both low beam and high beam. However I have attached the owners manual chart which says there is an option of H11 for the low beam. This could be a new change or for specific markets only. I think Ciaz owners can let us know if they habe replaced bulbs. But for one car where we upgraded low beam to HID, it was a H7 bulb only.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-57cbdf7d4f8c4a439b751c86dbf28459.png
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:00   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Thanks! However I was searching on TeamBHP and came across this post where someone has called out that it is H1 (High Beam) and H7 (Low Beam) - Refer URL - URL

I have replaced the bulbs and I also had this confusion after reading the manual. All the bulbs are H7, two for high and two for low. I have replaced all 4 of them with slightly white halogens and the parking lights with LEDs.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:20   #2366
BHPian

Got Delivery of my Ciaz . Happy motoring to all.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg
aneezan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:52   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Folks needed some info related to the Headlight and Fog Lamps of the Ciaz. This is for a friend of mine who is planning to swap the Headlights with LEDs.

Based on what I could see the Main Headlight is called out as H7 and Fog Lamps are called out as H8.

High beams - H7
Low beams - H11
Fogs - H8
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:06   #2368
Distinguished - BHPian

Need suggestions for good fabric seat covers for the Ciaz. Please let me know brand / type + cost, and dealer in Bangalore where you have got it installed.

Friend does not want leather. and I am suggesting not to go for Art-leather

TIA !
Old 24th April 2018, 12:47   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Look at the Vin number pasted on the engine cover. It will have the entire VIN then x and then the two alphabets which denote the month and year of manufacturing. This is a new method adopted by MS
I was at the dealership today to check out one Ciaz. The VIN number on the B-pillar ( driver side) showed ...S00...... . This was the case only for Ciaz models. Other models like the Ignis and Baleno had the regular nomenclature.

I also didnt seem to find anything on the engine cover.

So how does one find the details ? How to check if a Ciaz is 2017 or 2018.
Old 24th April 2018, 14:14   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
So how does one find the details ? How to check if a Ciaz is 2017 or 2018.
I asked the same question to the SA when i got my Ciaz last week. He said all 2018 models of Ciaz come with "00". I don't know how true this is, but had to take his word.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks