Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:34   #2281
BHPian

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket HU in the vxi variant. Where can we get faceplate for the same?
Old 23rd October 2017, 16:40   #2282
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

The double din fascia that fits Ciaz is available on Amazon, check this link

https://www.amazon.in/KMH-Facia-Plat.../dp/B01L9BB2Q4
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:22   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Is it possible to fit an aftermarket HU in the vxi variant. Where can we get faceplate for the same?
Look no further than the Maruti Genuine Part for the same by going to your nearby MGP store.
If any variant of Ciaz doesn't come with a factory fitted audio unit then you can get the fascia of that variant.

My friend had fitted a touchscreen unit for his Swift ZXI. The accessories shop charged him 600 rupees for the faceplate. Later he got to know that the same part is available as MGP for just 250 bucks approx.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 23rd October 2017 at 17:26.
Old 30th October 2017, 18:27   #2284
BHPian

Replaced all four headlight bulbs on my Ciaz with these from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H3-5...311.0.0.3qgFvl

They look ok but still a bit yellowish.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20171030_174708.jpg

Replaced the parking lights with these Osram LEDs from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00I798TKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These emit a nice bluish white light.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20171030_174612.jpg
Foxbat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 12:02   #2285

Hi Foxbat where in Hyderabad did you get them installed? And does it affect the warranty of the car in any way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H3-5...311.0.0.3qgFvl

They look ok but still a bit yellowish.
Attachment 1690669

Replaced the parking lights with these Osram LEDs from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00I798TKO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These emit a nice bluish white light.
Attachment 1690670
Old 31st October 2017, 13:22   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaysinha58 View Post
Hi Foxbat where in Hyderabad did you get them installed? And does it affect the warranty of the car in any way?
The headlight bulbs I got changed at the Maruti Service center, they do it for free. The parking lights I changed myself, its pretty simple, just refer to the user manual.

The Wattage and Voltage of the new bulbs is same as the ones which came with the car so I don't think it will affect the warranty.

In fact the parking lights is 1w LED compared to the 5w normal bulb but still gives more light, hence the fuses will not be stressed.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 18:53   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
How is the light spread compared to the OEM lights? can you please post some pics?
Old 6th November 2017, 19:26   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the leather of seats in Alpha, is it art leather or genuine leather? Do your backs become sweaty while sitting in them during the day?
Old 6th November 2017, 19:32   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
How is the light spread compared to the OEM lights? can you please post some pics?
I think its about the same or a little better. The white color of the main lights and increased brightness of the parking light LEDs does seem to have a better spread, can't really comment as it never was really a problem for me. I just have a habit of putting white bulbs on my cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, the leather of seats in Alpha, is it art leather or genuine leather? Do your backs become sweaty while sitting in them during the day?
Its art leather (artificial leather) as far as I know. I live in Hyderabad and have no problems, even did a 12 hour drive to Pune and faced no issues.

Last edited by Foxbat : 6th November 2017 at 19:33.
Old 14th November 2017, 19:13   #2290
BHPian

Guys, looking for replacing the bulbs to white light - as Foxbat has said above, parking lights are finalized -

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What about fog lamp lights ?
And main bulbs ?

Need white light with more brightness without any relays or messing around with warranty.
Old 15th November 2017, 14:12   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Many thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing:
I hope it's a minor facelift as far the looks are concerned Maruti should not go into it too much. The current one is a good looking car and needs only a better engine.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 15:57   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I hope it's a minor facelift as far the looks are concerned Maruti should not go into it too much. The current one is a good looking car and needs only a better engine.
+1 for that

The retuned 1.5 petrol that makes 108bhp and the 1.5 diesel should be the options inside the hood for a car in this segment
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 22:40   #2293
BHPian

As part of my search for my car upgrade, took a test drive of Ciaz Alpha today, 1.4 petrol. Being a sedate driver, liked the car and performance of the engine. Pretty quiet until 3000 rpm, pulled well upto 80 kmph in 3rd gear as the rpm needle crossed 4K and the engine noise increased substantially. The test drive car was fairly new with about 2800 Km on odo. Also in heavy traffic could easily pull up from an almost still position in 2nd gear.

Important information that i learn from the Sales Advisor at Nexa is that Ciaz production is stopped for now. They are asked to clear their inventory and new production will start from January 2018. When inquired about the face-lift, the SA said that it is not in very near future though there are rumors.

Wonder if the above is true and normal for car manufacturers to do? Or is that the face-lift can be expected early 2018?

Next: The dealer didn't have Nexa Blue colour in inventory for the Alpha variant and again cited the same reason that stocks are getting deplete. So if I need Nexa Blue colour, Alpha variant then I need to wait till January
The SA even confirmed that he checked inventory across all Nexa outlets in Mumbai.
So, the SA attempted hard to sell Nexa Blue colour Zeta variant and offered discounts on the accessories. Alternately they had a few White colour vehicles in Alpha variant.
Now, since I wasn't getting the colour of my choice and they didn't offer good evaluation value of my old car (different topic all together), i left the showroom dejected.

Now, surprisingly within a couple of hours I received a call from another showroom in Mumbai stating that they have Alpha variant car in Nexa Blue colour and that they can offer better discounts.

Strange, first, how did they get my information. Second, the SA at first Nexa outlet lied about inventory all over Mumbai.

They sure are pushing to clear all inventory. Am offered 20K dealer discount and 10K corporate discount, that's it. While they are offering 50K additional on exchange, they surely are not giving good valuation of the car.

Perhaps the bargain game can begin now. Loved the car for sure but in a dilemma if I should buy the car now at a good deal or wait for the upgrade, that is, if it is coming soon.
Old 20th November 2017, 12:58   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Important information that i learn from the Sales Advisor at Nexa is that Ciaz production is stopped for now. They are asked to clear their inventory and new production will start from January 2018.
I was told, that it is customary to stop production in the lean months of November and December. I had booked Ciaz Alpha (Nexa Blue) on 14th Nov. They had indeed placed an order for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
When inquired about the face-lift, the SA said that it is not in very near future though there are rumors.
I did not want to wait for the face lift. It could be as early as February (Auto Expo) or as late as July. Both Verna and City are ahead in sales for the last two consecutive months. This would surely be playing in the minds of top folks at Maruti
Old 21st November 2017, 09:42   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
I had booked Ciaz Alpha (Nexa Blue) on 14th Nov. They had indeed placed an order for the same.
Congratulations for your new car. Do share some updates, pictures, initial drives etc. This is Petrol or Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
I did not want to wait for the face lift. It could be as early as February (Auto Expo) or as late as July. Both Verna and City are ahead in sales for the last two consecutive months. This would surely be playing in the minds of top folks at Maruti
True, Maruti has always kept itself competitive. Ciaz though looks outdated in front of Verna and City, still in terms of practicality is equally good. In fact IMHO this 3 years old car still offers 80% of what new cars are offering now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks