Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:00   #2101
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hey Guys,

Wanted to know if there are some changes / delays to the Ciaz Petrol deliveries. Booked a petrol Ciaz in Last week of April. And dealer says that petrol Ciaz delivery is delayed. The delay is on account of the BS VI regulations. Does anyone have any idea about this? Is Maruti making the Ciaz BS VI compliant?

Thanks in advance.
adilj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:40   #2102
BHPian

Wanted inputs --
During my 10k KMs servicing, the SM had put sticker on top of driver side sun-shade tat next service due is at 15k KMs.
As per service book, I need to service every 10k KMs or every year. Where as when I called up SM, he says every six months or 15k KMs. Is it another money making trick by the service station or something genuine? Should I go for the quick service as they call at 15k?
Old 26th May 2017, 17:47   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilj View Post
Hey Guys,

Wanted to know if there are some changes / delays to the Ciaz Petrol deliveries. Booked a petrol Ciaz in Last week of April. And dealer says that petrol Ciaz delivery is delayed. The delay is on account of the BS VI regulations. Does anyone have any idea about this? Is Maruti making the Ciaz BS VI compliant?

Thanks in advance.
There is a production issue, petrol deliveries are delayed a bit. I do not yet know the reason why. We have been getting only diesels since the last fortnight.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:47   #2104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
As per service book, I need to service every 10k KMs or every year. Where as when I called up SM, he says every six months or 15k KMs.
Ask that SM to give that in writing regarding the changes in the service interval?! There would be a letter/email officially sent to the dealer if such changes happen.

If he does give it to you then he is talking sense else ignore.

For we customers, owners manual is the bible.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th May 2017 at 17:50.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 18:11   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
During my 10k KMs servicing, the SM had put sticker on top of driver side sun-shade tat next service due is at 15k KMs.
As per service book, I need to service every 10k KMs or every year.
If you are a generous man who believes in doling out charity to undeserving folks, please listen to the Service Manager's advice. After all, they too have to make a living. What better way of doing this than conning an unsuspecting customer into bringing his vehicle to the Service Center twice a year, under false threats of nullification of warranty!

This is a big scam. Maruti specifies a 10k/12 months interval for service. That is enough of love for the car's internals. Anything else/extra is just a trick to lighten your wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 18:21   #2106
BHPian

Folks,

I'm in market for a new car. Earlier I was thinking of buying a compact SUV but after giving it some thought (and discussing with friends) I have come to the conclusion that a sedan would make more sense than a compact SUV given that they are prices more or less the same.

Now question is which mid size sedan?

I'm looking only at automatics as it's a must have for me. So I've zeroed down on Ciaz Alpha AT, Vento Highline TSI and Rapid Style AT.

Points in favor of Ciaz are reliability, low cost of maintenance, higher FE and it's pacled with all the features that I need.

However only thing that concerns me is the light build quality compared to those European sedans. Is Ciaz as safe as Rapid/Vento?
Old 26th May 2017, 18:38   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That exactly what I thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
If you are a generous man who believes in doling out charity to undeserving folks, please listen to the Service Manager's advice.
This is a big scam. Maruti specifies a 10k/12 months interval for service. That is enough of love for the car's internals. Anything else/extra is just a trick to lighten your wallet.
+1
Well, I do believe in charity, but I would rather save that money to more deserving people
Manual clearly points out 10k service interval and I asked the SM just a while back (I took five weeks between reaching 10k and 14k and a year to reach 10k) to check if the service is really required at 15k, he vehemently defended saying "Sir, that's what we recommend for better engine life" and other blah blah blah. Yes, I did thank him for blessing me with additional knowledge.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 19:19   #2108
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
Now question is which mid size sedan?

Points in favor of Ciaz are reliability, low cost of maintenance, higher FE and it's packed with all the features that I need.

However only thing that concerns me is the light build quality compared to those European sedans. Is Ciaz as safe as Rapid/Vento?
Did you consider the new Honda City while shortlisting these cars ?

The reason I ask this is, because your priorities are reliability, low cost of maintainence, good FE, feature loaded and high safety standards, the City according to me has all of these. It also gets the CVT option in the middle and top variants.
Old 26th May 2017, 19:38   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Did you consider the new Honda City while shortlisting these cars ?
Well City is out of my budget. Even the V variant is costlier by 1 lakh than the Ciaz. And I really prefer buying only top end variant of a car.
Ford_d_Kool is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 23:41   #2110
BHPian

Orvm of my ciaz Vdi+ broke few days back. Now when my brother inquired at local mass he was quoted shocking figure of rs7000 including painting and fitting. Is this price right? Are maruti spares, labour and painting charges this high?
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th May 2017, 23:57   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
There is a production issue, petrol deliveries are delayed a bit. I do not yet know the reason why. We have been getting only diesels since the last fortnight.
Any idea when they will be starting the petrol deliveries? Also if you have any info for the same. My dealer told me they are adding an extra feature of some sort (details where not shared with him). I think that is like all crap. Just want to know time lines also is it possible to find out what is the status of my order from somewhere (without involving the dealer).

Thanks in advance
Old 27th May 2017, 10:20   #2112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Is this price right? Are maruti spares, labour and painting charges this high?
Auto folding ORVMs are expensive and the Ciaz is no exception. As far as Maruti costs are concerned, they have definitely shot through the roof.

Related thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...p-myth-44.html
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 12:29   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
Well City is out of my budget. Even the V variant is costlier by 1 lakh than the Ciaz. And I really prefer buying only top end variant of a car.
This pretty much sums up my dilemma too when I was in the hunt for a automatic sedan. Honda definitely is losing a large segment of the automatic buyers to Suzuki and I bet the next version of the Ciaz would have incorporated all the learnings and will more or less be at par technology wise and it would be Honda to blame as they let the competition in by their brainless pricing strategy.

The current City pricing takes it to almost the D segment at the top end , if one had that budget one wouldn't be buying a City in the first place. You would see the proof in the statistics on monthly sales figures with clear 20% lead by Ciaz until Honda eats the humble pie and reduces price. In India, its "scale or die" as evidenced by GM walking out- topline game rather than a bottomline one.

Maruti has shown in the past that once they get leadership in a segment its very tough to dislodge them.
ashwin49 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 15:32   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Auto folding ORVMs are expensive and the Ciaz is no exception. As far as Maruti costs are concerned, they have definitely shot through the roof.
ORVM on my Vdi+ is not auto folding, but it has internally electric adjustment and indicators.
Old 27th May 2017, 17:52   #2115
BHPian

This is to all the Ciaz owner's looking for Trunk Lid Garnish. I have finally managed to search and fix the Garnish. Now, my Ciaz looks upmarket with the addition of Garnish.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks