Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 12:02   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

As always nice review, but compared to other reviews this one looks incomplete without "small yet significant" section. its a practical sedan with Maruti reliability. Projectors look good and some small mods similar to Chinese version of Ciaz should make it look even better.

For engine (esp. diesel) one can pete/ remap the engine?
Old 8th October 2014, 12:21   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
For engine (esp. diesel) one can pete/ remap the engine?
Oh, of course one can!

The 1.3 MultiJet/DDiS200/Quadrajet and what not is one heck of a tuneable motor, and yes, it has been done many a time.

Now, where exactly did my RD 'Box go?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 8th October 2014 at 12:22.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:22   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I agree - 6000 units per month seems a tall one. But wait.. Take another look at Dzire sales numbers!
Lets not compare apples to oranges. Dzire is a C1 segment car and Ciaz is a C2 segment car

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 8th October 2014 at 12:23.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 12:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Lets not compare apples to oranges. Dzire is a C1 segment car and Ciaz is a C2 segment car
The point is - did anyone expect Dzire to sell 18K units consistently?
City has been consistently selling 7k if I am not wrong with little/no fleet operators playing.

But I did agree 6k seems high though. They seem to have the right recipe - what they do to it post launch is going to play a key role too. SX4 (when launched) was very competent and did sell well till it was relevant.
MSIL didnt evolve it, as did Honda to the City. Ciaz is a way better product than SX4 (albiet the engines and thats really nit-picking)!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 12:59   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports come in on Ciaz's bookings post launch.

Quote:
More then 3500+ bookings received in just 48 hours after launch , what a great start of Maruti Ciaz . Waiting to be clock 6-7 month soon
Souce:Gaadiwaadi
Old 8th October 2014, 13:31   #186
Senior - BHPian

As I mentioned earlier, Maruti should have priced this car some 25K lesser, starting at around 6.75L. The current pricing - a mere 25K difference between City - won't make too much of a difference for a buyer in this segment (unlike A-segment where every penny counts).

Or, is Maruti keeping enough space for another sedan below Ciaz and above DZire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Found this rear-side pictorial comparison of the Honda City and the Ciaz on Zig-wheels.
The first picture , both the cars look so identical , that an un-informed person will find it hard to differentiate.
I think someone from Honda design team has joined Suzuki, and blended the Civic, City and Mobilio design aspects while designing Ciaz.
Old 8th October 2014, 13:46   #187
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
As I mentioned earlier, Maruti should have priced this car some 25K lesser, starting at around 6.75L. The current pricing - a mere 25K difference between City - won't make too much of a difference for a buyer in this segment (unlike A-segment where every penny counts).

Or, is Maruti keeping enough space for another sedan below Ciaz and above DZire?

I think someone from Honda design team has joined Suzuki, and blended the Civic, City and Mobilio design aspects while designing Ciaz.
Please have a look at the features on the E version of City. Except for safety features (which the common public won't care), City E is barebones and what not! Infact, Ciaz V variants have more features than City S. The price difference is a lot more than 25k.

City E exists for only one reason- to bring that starting price down. Customers won't mind a 25k difference, but I don't think even non- enthusiasts would go for such a barebones version of the City after paying near 9L on road.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th October 2014 at 13:53.
Old 8th October 2014, 13:52   #188
BHPian

I had booked a Zxi+ Ciaz on 3-Sep and was assured a delivery within a week of the launch.

Now, the sales executive informed me that Zxi+ will be available only after 2 more months. Also, I was not very convinced with the over-all car after the launch.

So, I cancelled my booking today. I have instead booked a XUV W6 which will get delivered on 16-Oct.
rajatmakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:16   #189
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review @Aditya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• Clean styling & big footprint. Among the longest & widest sedans from its class
• Spacious cabin with lots of practical features. Rear legroom is particularly impressive
• Diesel & petrol, both, have segment-topping ARAI fuel efficiency ratings
• Soft, compliant ride quality. A suspension that's tuned for comfort
• Big 510 liter boot will swallow your airport & holiday luggage
• Maruti’s excellent after-sales service, wide dealer network & fuss-free ownership experience
• Loaded with equipment (7" touchscreen ICE, navigation system, rear sunshade, leather seats, keyless entry & go, reversing camera etc.)
Just when I thought it had everything going it's way and Maruti finally has a winner in this segment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [U
What you won't:[/u]
• 1.3L diesel can't match the performance of the Vento, Verna & Rapid. Has turbo-lag too
• 1.4L petrol has the lowest power rating in the segment. City i-VTEC & Vento TSI are in a different league
• Uninvolving to drive. Steering & dynamics aren't to an enthusiast's taste
• Mediocre under-thigh support of the low rear seat. Also, limited rear headroom for 6 footers
• Light build quality. Lacks the sheer solidity of its European rivals
this comes as a rude shock, why old/under powered engine options and the compromise on better rear seats and build ?

Last edited by NPV : 8th October 2014 at 14:17.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:17   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I had booked a Zxi+ Ciaz on 3-Sep and was assured a delivery within a week of the launch.

Now, the sales executive informed me that Zxi+ will be available only after 2 more months. Also, I was not very convinced with the over-all car after the launch.

So, I cancelled my booking today. I have instead booked a XUV W6 which will get delivered on 16-Oct.
Was the "+" variant with touchscreen, leather interiors and some chrome so important for you? Otherwise the ZXI(O) has everything going for it that you would want.
Not that XUV is a bad choice.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:55   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post

Woohoo, that is some decision, ain't it? Could you pls elaborate the factors which made you jump from a Ciaz to a XUV, apart from the waiting period. Apart from the fact that they fall near the same price point (12 to 14 lakhs), they have very little in common. I am asking this because both these cars could be in my shortlist.

Last edited by neethi_raj : 8th October 2014 at 15:09.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:56   #192
BANNED

Does anybody have any idea of actual deliveries of the Ciaz, especially the petrol version, as yet? Preferably the VXi or VXi+ versions, with steel rims, at the "introductory" prices mentioned during the "launch" function. Because all I am getting to hear in NCR is that -

1) Dealers have vehicles for display and booking purposes.
2) Dealers are unable provide vehicles for test drive purposes.
Old 8th October 2014, 15:18   #193
BHPian

Word in the street is that test drives start after 13th, when a new batch comes into each dealership.
A friend told me that if you know the dealer you might get the test drive after tomorrow.
Don't hold your breath though as most deliveries will be after 22nd as booking for the first batch of cars is over
Old 8th October 2014, 16:21   #194
Senior - BHPian

One piece of feedback

I sat in the back of this car for a short while today.

The severe lack of headroom is extremely apparent for one of my height, as is the extreme lack of under-thigh support in the rear bench seat.

My head actually hits the roof when I am sitting in the back of this car. I am sure if I were being driven in it, my head would bang the roof each time we go over a bump or speed breaker or crater or uneven section of road!

I guess in such a car a guy like me will only be able to either drive or occupy the front passenger seat.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th October 2014 at 16:22.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 16:50   #195
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh today morning! All I cribbed about all the way before seeing the car in person was the engine being a 1.3 pot. But now, I don't think I would have bought it even if they had plonked the 1.6. I'm not by any yardstick trying to say that CIAZ is a bad car, it is a good car for the mass majority out there. But for me, it just did not appeal at all. 4 points I cannot live with -
  • Just couldn't find "THE" perfect driving position. Badly missed reach adjust.
  • Under-thigh support in real short supply at rear. Honda City or Vento/ Rapid any day more comfortable.
  • Flimsy build quality, at par with the city but incomparable to Europeans.
  • And from the reviews, uninspiring 1.3 with average handling

So, I walked back from the showroom a happy man. The decision was made, its not the car for me.
RSM_TorqueZoner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks