Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 23:14   #1876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
I believe this is usual with Marutis. It happened to me on Swift and Alto too
Yes, checked with my colleague who owns ciaz, even he has the same issue, although this happens 5 or 6 out of 10 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
This is what I dont like with Maruti's service. When they are clueless, they call it normal. I have a Ciaz and at no instance, I found any gear not engaging. Write to Maruti and check if this is the best they could design.
Will drop them a note, not sure if they would respond with a solution.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th November 2016 at 19:55. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 6th November 2016, 18:42   #1877
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Dear Ciaz Owners,

I have a 2016 Zxi+ model purchased in May. During the diwali vacations i had taken it ut for a first long drive to chennai and back from Pune.

I noticed that fine dust particles seem to enter the cabin some how. I did not roll down the windows except at the toll plaza. The car was on complete AC and not in the fresh air mode.

I have th side step accessory (illuminated ciaz plate - all four doors) plus the logo lamp (front doors only) as accessories, does thsi casue uneven panel gaps and create tiny spaces for dust to filter in?

I'm planning to take it to the service station next week for the regular maintenance and changs, but will apprecaiate any answers or possible angles i could look into.

TIA
Arun
Old 6th November 2016, 19:54   #1878
Senior - BHPian

@kutoos : When we open the doors of car, the dust particles enter the cabin. This is what I came to know after having similar observation in my Wagon R and Swift. It's not abnormal to have a few particles enter he cabin over a period of time.

The side step accessory, which I think is scuff plates, will not result into the dust particles coming in cabin.

Unless huge amount of dust enters via AC vents, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 23:20   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Dear Ciaz Owners,

I have a 2016 Zxi+ model purchased in May. During the diwali vacations i had taken it ut for a first long drive to chennai and back from Pune.

I noticed that fine dust particles seem to enter the cabin some how. I did not roll down the windows except at the toll plaza. The car was on complete AC and not in the fresh air mode.

I have th side step accessory (illuminated ciaz plate - all four doors) plus the logo lamp (front doors only) as accessories, does thsi casue uneven panel gaps and create tiny spaces for dust to filter in?

I'm planning to take it to the service station next week for the regular maintenance and changs, but will apprecaiate any answers or possible angles i could look into.

TIA
Arun
Check if there is a lot of dust in ac filter - clean that and reinsert, sometimes rat chew those things, check if anything looks abnormal.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 12:42   #1880
BHPian

Guys anyone here updated there headlight setup? I'm sick of ciaz headlights very poor performance also tried osram and Philips bulbs else well hardly any difference! What the next possible options? My main usage is city driving. Help
Old 20th November 2016, 15:48   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Sadly, no. The ugly noise showed itself again in another 1k kms itself. I was sick of taking the car to the service centre again and again, a brand new one at that and a Maruti for crying out loud. I have recorded the noise as well and will get it sorted in the 5k service.

Pls let me know the exact part no of the bush. There are 2 part numbers. One of them is of the older lot and responsible for the noise. The service center might not have the newer ones is stock and hence must have used the ones in stock.

One of my customers also had to face this and upon investigation, I came to know about the different part numbers. There's the difference of single letter in the both bushes' part no.
Old 20th November 2016, 19:34   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Guys anyone here updated there headlight setup? I'm sick of ciaz headlights very poor performance also tried osram and Philips bulbs else well hardly any difference! What the next possible options? My main usage is city driving. Help
I have upgraded to HID lights for projectors and halogens for highbeam. 55W HIDs at 4800K significantly improves visibility in low beam for city driving conditions. Might be slightly difficult to match the color for high and low beams, but my local dealer helped provide a whitish halogen.
Old 21st November 2016, 10:38   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
I have upgraded to HID lights for projectors and halogens for highbeam. 55W HIDs at 4800K significantly improves visibility in low beam for city driving conditions. Might be slightly difficult to match the color for high and low beams, but my local dealer helped provide a whitish halogen.
Akshay,
Can you please share a few pics of the setup. also the cost and model of the HID's. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2016, 10:48   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Akshay,
Can you please share a few pics of the setup. also the cost and model of the HID's. Thanks.
I do not have the pics handy, and it was long ago when I got them installed so I do not remember the model exactly. 55W HID (4800K temperature) cost me approx Rs. 5500 each, and the halogens were matched for temperature/coolness by the dealer. The halogens were philips diamond vision. There was no change in the setup - only the bulbs were plugged in separately. HIDs came with their separate ballast setup but headlight was not altered at all.
Old 21st November 2016, 19:11   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Maruti Ciaz to get ISOFIX mounts

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will soon come with ISOFIX mounts for child seats. This will allow easier and safer attachment of child safety seats on the back seat of the Ciaz.

ISOFIX mounts are attachment points that are used to anchor the child seat to the car's rear bench. This ensures that the child seat is securely held in place. They are designed to secure a combined weight of 33 kg. Once the child is strapped-in inside the seat, securely anchored child seats minimize the risk of injury in case of an accident.

Seat belts can also be used to keep the child seats in place. However, attaching a child seat using a car's seat belts is a much harder task than doing so with dedicated ISOFIX mounts. Moreover, seat belts don't ensure perfect attachment of the child seat to the car. On the other hand, ISOFIX mounts keep the child seats in the dedicated position even in the event of a hard collision.

The Ciaz's chief competitor, the Honda City, offers ISOFIX mounts as standard across all trim levels.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-unnamed.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-unnamed-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-unnamed-1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 21st November 2016 at 19:17.
dZired is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 21:42   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will soon come with ISOFIX mounts for child seats.

[/b]
Well done. Good job Maruti. Now that the kid has a secure seat, lets plonk the 1.6 DDIS.

What are you waiting for? Please, you have sold enough now to give this vehicle an upgrade.

Welcome move from the industry leader!
Freon911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 23:37   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon911 View Post
Well done. Good job Maruti. Now that the kid has a secure seat, lets plonk the 1.6 DDIS.
With that steering and suspension setup? It is going to be a disaster!

Even Brezza felt much better to drive than the Ciaz. Ciaz is vague, specially around corners and at higher side of the triple digit speeds. I have an experience of 29000 km in a diesel Ciaz. I will be happier if it doesn't get the 1.6 .

If Maruti can tweak the suspension and steering setup, add discs on all wheels, provide a wider rubber (205 section), I guess it will be a hoot.

But knowing how Maruti is delaying launch of Ignis due to capacity/resource restraints, I don't think Maruti will spend time on an already high-selling model.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 21st November 2016 at 23:41.
Old 21st November 2016, 23:48   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Link to Team-BHP News

That is a welcome and a very commendable move,hope others follow soon.

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd November 2016 at 18:42. Reason: Trimming quoted post in the best interests of readability
Old 21st November 2016, 23:49   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Ciaz is vague, specially around corners and at higher side of the triple digit speeds.
Higher side of triple digit :o You do realize that you are not driving a BMW on autobahn, right? We shouldn't expect Ciaz to perform well at such speeds. I think it's not designed for enthusiasts and expressways.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 06:13   #1890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Higher side of triple digit :o You do realize that you are not driving a BMW on autobahn, right? We shouldn't expect Ciaz to perform well at such speeds. I think it's not designed for enthusiasts and expressways.
Exactly my point! It definitely is not meant for a more powerful engine. By the way, I meant at cruising speeds on super smooth NH like the NH45, you can feel the vagueness.

Slightly OT:
How many of us realise that it is not a BMW and our roads are not autobahn? Most B+ hatchbacks and all C2 sedans can do speeds way over the legal speed limit. Isn't it a dangerous thing when a car can do such speeds, without presenting crisp and predictable handling?

How many incidents do we read in our Accidents thread? Most of them are young adrenaline filled school and college chaps. I still remember an accident where 4 college kids got killed in a Ciaz. With the 1.6 DDIS, a light car like the ciaz will do very high speeds very easily.

Unless handling dynamics get sorted out, 1.6 doesn't make sense in ciaz, IMHO.

And you can't have "an enthusiast car" in a family most of the times. Evident from sales of cars like abarth and tjets, people want practical cars with enough pep. And I wish pep and handling match.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 22nd November 2016 at 06:35.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed