Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2016, 18:24   #1711
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
What is that Service Kit and why was all those 'cleaning' done? Were they mentioned in the service voucher? If not, one must refuse it point blank.

Service kit includes the filters. I asked for intercooler cleaning as I experienced unusual lag at times (inspite of throttle input, the rev meter/speed did not increase like it usually does). Turbo kick was absent during those times. Even wheel alignment and balancing were asked by me( also recommended by maruti at 20k)

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th July 2016 at 18:36.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:03   #1712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Service kit includes the filters. I asked for intercooler cleaning as I experienced unusual lag at times (inspite of throttle input, the rev meter/speed did not increase like it usually does). Turbo kick was absent during those times. Even wheel alignment and balancing were asked by me( also recommended by maruti at 20k)
I think then service cost is quite justified. To compare, my Swift D at 20K intervals used to cost 6.5K without any add ons. Now, I had mineral oil in Swift D and adding another 2500/- for synthetic, I think the service cost comes upto Ciaz's range discounting the add ons.

For a 10L segment, it's really good considering you pay similar amount for a VW or a Fiat.

PS :: Did the performance re-appear with the intercooler cleaning job?
Old 20th July 2016, 19:11   #1713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
PS :: Did the performance re-appear with the intercooler cleaning job?
The performance was affected very rarely. Say, in 1000km of driving I would experience lack of power for 10-15 km. It will get back to normal after a restart.

Post cleanup, i feel the turbo kick is amplified, can be felt sharper than before.
Old 20th July 2016, 19:51   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

For a 10L segment, it's really good considering you pay similar amount for a VW or a Fiat.

PS : the performance re-appear with the intercooler cleaning job?
I too have the same question, did the cleaning fix the issue faced earlier.

With FIAT, the service interval is 15k / 1 year. The average service cost @ 15k on odo is around 6k (including WA & WB ) and @ 30k / 2 years costs around 8k -9k (this includes complete flush out and replacement of all the lubricants).

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 20th July 2016 at 20:03.
Old 20th July 2016, 20:24   #1715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I too have the same question, did the cleaning fix the issue faced .
I have already answered the question in my previous post. Yes, the problem has been solved.
Old 20th July 2016, 21:27   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
How are these pedals holding up? Any issues? I'm considering them for an S-Cross as well. Already have the MGA ones on the Ciaz.
No major issues till date. Some minor ones. Requires regular cleaning . The nuts used to come loose once in a while, taped them up, no problem now!!
rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 23:21   #1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Ciaz Automatic Owners

Could you please confirm the car's FE in city. I tried a Ciaz AT from Zoomcar for a day and loved the automatic and the tiredness it saved me in the Daily Delhi to Gurgaon Traffic that i travel. But since my distance is 37kms one side i am also inclined towards a fuel efficient car.
In city driving, I am getting FE between 13kmpl (stop-go traffic) to 17kmpl (flowing traffic) with air con always ON in my ZXi+. Of course, these numbers are on Pune roads which probably have more inclines/slopes as compared to may be Delhi. I have a sedate driving style and my daily driving distance is ~42kms.

Petrol manual transmission FE numbers would be more for sure. But then you have to factor in the ease of driving, less fatigue & peace of mind which you get in an automatic. It's a trade-off....you gain some, you lose some.
ranjitjadhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 16:11   #1718
BHPian

Dear Ciaz Owners

Please help me decide. As i wrote earlier , i am too confused between the petrol automatic and diesel manual ciaz. My Daily running is apprx 75 kms.
Logically thinking , i should go for a diesel ciaz . But then the pathetic traffic conditions have forced me to look for an automatic which i am not getting in a diesel in my budget of <11L. And to confuse things further, in Delhi a ZDI+ would cost me around 10.8 whereas a ZXI+AT is costing around 12.08. My heart says extend the budget and go for an automatic petrol. Mind says , save money and go for the diesel. Here comes the third option, buy a VXI+At at 10.2 on road and have some of both the worlds but then i would miss all the features that i liked. I have to finalize the car in next 7 days. Please advise. Also , please confirm the Ciaz AT mileage in city for a Delhi to Gurgaon like route.

Thank you in advance.I hope, i will be able to make a decision soon.
Old 21st July 2016, 16:19   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ciaz Owners

Please help me decide. As i wrote earlier , i am too confused between the petrol automatic and diesel manual ciaz. .

Sorry to confuse you. But I would go for the Polo/vento tsi if i were you.
Zxi AT is the minimum barebones version worthy of buying, if you insist on Ciaz.

Vxi loses a lot of equipment that is necessary.
Ciaz AT fuel efficiency- City - 13kmpl Highway- 19 kmpl

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 21st July 2016 at 16:26.
Old 21st July 2016, 16:29   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to confuse you. But I would go for the Polo/vento tsi if i were you.
Zxi AT is the minimum barebones version worthy of buying, if you insist on Ciaz.

Vxi loses a lot of equipment that is necessary.
My reason of not going with a VW or Skoda is the fear i have in mind of their ASS. Also i dont have a nearby one to get my car serviced there. So i dropped the VWs and Skoda from the list. Otherwise with the new Rapid facelift coming soon i am getting good discounts on rapid diesel DSG.

I agree on the VXI, it doesnt have the ZXI+ Charm
Old 21st July 2016, 16:34   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ciaz Owners

Please help me decide. As i wrote earlier , i am too confused between the petrol automatic and diesel manual ciaz. My Daily running is apprx 75 kms.
Logically thinking , i should go for a diesel ciaz . But then the pathetic traffic conditions have forced me to look for an automatic which i am not getting in a diesel in my budget of <11L. .... please confirm the Ciaz AT mileage in city for a Delhi to Gurgaon like route.

Don't you have Hyundai Verna on your list?
Please go through the Specs of Verna CRDI S AT. It fits in your budget.
Old 21st July 2016, 16:42   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Don't you have Hyundai Verna on your list?
Please go through the Specs of Verna CRDI S AT. It fits in your budget.
I see that the Verna CRDI S AT has an ex showroom of 11.2 which comes out to be 13 L on road by adding Insurance and RTO charges
Old 21st July 2016, 17:10   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
I see that the Verna CRDI S AT has an ex showroom of 11.2 which comes out to be 13 L on road by adding Insurance and RTO charges
Sorry, I misread the price of Verna.
It may seem a crude option to you, but Tata Zest AMT looks like a better bet.
It all depends on your mind if it can overcome the Tata-phobia.

75 KMs a day means a lot and diesel AT seems the viable option.
In your budget, I see two options either MS Dzire AT or Tata Zest AT, provided you don't want to buy those Ghostly Mahindra sub-4 meter SUVs.

MS Dzire comes with 74 bhp mill while Zest has a more powerful mill and more features on offer.

Now I might have confused you further and have started a new war in your mind on Status vs Practicality or Brand Value vs. Affordability.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 21:01   #1724
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has done a remap on Ciaz? I am looking at Code6 who have done remaps on diesel ciaz, power figures after remap:

118 BHP, 255 Nm torque
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:58   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
i am too confused between the petrol automatic and diesel manual ciaz. My Daily running is apprx 75 kms.
Actually only a diesel AT makes sense for your requirements. City petrol AT gives 9 kmpl in average conditions, will it be OK for you? If not, then drop petrol option altogether.
If I were you, I would book a Zest XTA and be happy. Yes, its not as long as the Ciaz, but Zest is loaded with features too, is spacious on the inside and rides like a dream over any surface. No speed breaker can touch underbelly of a Zest. In city conditions, it's reduced length is a boon and afterall, it uses the same engine as the Ciaz does.
High speed stability of Verna is poor, so whenever you would leave city limits for a highway run, the Verna is going to let you down. Plus Hyundais have not fared well in really long term ownerships.
Zest is going to surprise you at really high speeds. It just glides mate. Much mature suspension than City/Ciaz.
With VW/Skoda, you get the best AT with the most powerful engine. Don't ignore this. Also, there are many Rapids on our roads, I don't think servicing is as a major issue as we think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
It may seem a crude option to you, but Tata Zest AMT looks like a better bet.

It is indeed.

Quote:
Anyone has done a remap on Ciaz? I am looking at Code6 who have done remaps on diesel ciaz, power figures after remap:

118 BHP, 255 Nm torque
I got my car remapped by Tune o tronics. From my experience, don't look elsewhere, if I sum it up.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed