Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 19:57   #1276
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
I think, off late, they shifted to glossy type c - pillar. Few days ago, I went to a hyundai showroom in noida to test drive verna and creta with a friend. There i noticed an I20 with glossy type. That's why i mentioned it as a change, but then madhav14 contradicted so i thought that was a personalisation done by the owner, but since ro3hit also mentions about the same so i think there is something about it. Someone can confirm with dealers though to be sure.
I visited Hyundai showroom today. When I asked the SA about glossy C-pillar and short antenna, he claimed that it's available only for i20 Active. But, he was surprised when I showed him the same in car which was getting delivered to a customer (picture attached). As per another SA, apparently all new Asta(O) variants come with glossy C-pillar and shorter antenna. I verified the same in another car in their stockyard. But I forgot to check whether it's same for petrol and diesel variants in Asta(O).

Obviously I wanted to know whether we can fit the same shorter antenna on Asta. As it turns out, these shorter antennas come with male connector whereas the one in Asta has female connector . We removed shorter antennas on both i20 Active and xcent and both are not compatible with Asta. (I didn't try removing the one on Asta(o) as it was not a display vehicle, but getting delivered to a customer). In case we want to fit, we will have to remove the base of antenna also, which they were not willing to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20151206_150847789.jpg  

Midas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 20:37   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Obviously I wanted to know whether we can fit the same shorter antenna on Asta. As it turns out, these shorter antennas come with male connector whereas the one in Asta has female connector . We removed shorter antennas on both i20 Active and xcent and both are not compatible with Asta.
Now thats a disappointment !

People have used sparco's shorter antenna as discussed earlier in this thread. If u want shorter antenna, you can refer to those posts.

I would also be interested in knowing if the glossy type panel can be retrofitted instead of those matte type in our cars. Matte ones are a pain to maintain. I went to 3M car care (kailash colony) and they said that the glue won't stick at this part if one wants to get it taped.
Old 7th December 2015, 01:06   #1278
BHPian

The AVN unit of my Asto(o) crdi was troubling me for about 10-12 times within a month of buying the car. Gave both the dealership manager and Hyundai Customer care a piece of my mind and they agreed to change the AVN unit under warranty.

The point at which I lost my cool is when I witnessed the AVN unit playing songs from the USB when the car is locked and the smart key is in my pocket.

Also ordered the whole electrical system to me cross-checked for any electrical leaks.

Waiting for the AVN unit to arrive from the factory which is now delayed because of the recent floods at Chennai.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:14   #1279

Hi Guys,

I am getting this weird thump sound from my front suspension whenever i drive on a little rough road. its characteristically different from the general sound that comes from a suspension.
And it tends to fade away after cars covers a certain amount of distance. Tried having the hyundai guys look at it but the damn sound didn't come at that time !

Any idea what might be the cause ?
Old 7th December 2015, 12:28   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi Guys,

I am getting this weird thump sound from my front suspension whenever i drive on a little rough road. its characteristically different from the general sound that comes from a suspension.
And it tends to fade away after cars covers a certain amount of distance. Tried having the hyundai guys look at it but the damn sound didn't come at that time !

Any idea what might be the cause ?
I get it while covering big breakers on medium and high speeds. It's sounds like a sharp thud. It's because of the large rim and shorter tyre walls. My only concern that it does not hit the body somewhere.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:48   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
I get it while covering big breakers on medium and high speeds. It's sounds like a sharp thud. It's because of the large rim and shorter tyre walls. My only concern that it does not hit the body somewhere.
Well mine is a Petrol Sportz model.
Not sure if tyre is hitting the wall.
I get it on low speeds, while going over a rough patch.
Old 9th December 2015, 17:49   #1282
BHPian

My issues with the vibrating feel/noise when i press the brakes on an uneven stretch of road still continues. Problem is this is something only the driver can feel. If i ask my wife who sits on the passenger seat if she heard anything, she has always replied Nay. With this issue, i cannot explain the issue to the SA as well. Does anyone else have this issue? Brakes are working fine, its just the vibration and whats causing it that worries me. In my first service, i had the brakes cleaned out but it didn't work. Perhaps there is a flimsy rubber tube connecting the brake pedal to the brake fluid/ABS unit which is vibrating under specific scenarios.
Old 9th December 2015, 18:37   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
My issues with the vibrating feel/noise when i press the brakes on an uneven stretch of road still continues. Problem is this is something only the driver can feel. If i ask my wife who sits on the passenger seat if she heard anything, she has always replied Nay. With this issue, i cannot explain the issue to the SA as well. Does anyone else have this issue? Brakes are working fine, its just the vibration and whats causing it that worries me. In my first service, i had the brakes cleaned out but it didn't work. Perhaps there is a flimsy rubber tube connecting the brake pedal to the brake fluid/ABS unit which is vibrating under specific scenarios.
I think that is the ABS working. On rough and gravel roads, the tyres tend to lose traction and while applying the brakes, the ABS kicks in. I used to have a Civic with ABS, and I currently own a fluidic verna with ABS equipped. Both used to perform in the same way. In fact, I'm experiencing the same with my i20 elite now which I bought some 10 days back.
Old 9th December 2015, 21:30   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Lol, you are worrying too much. It is nothing but the abs kicking in. What the abs does is, it push your brake pedal back and forth so that you just need to press the pedal and avoid the necessity of pumping it. Actually i have a jazz too, but in the jazz, abs kicks in in much worse scenarios. Like extremely hard braking on gravelly surfaces. I had actually managed to lock/skid the jazz wheels in some surfaces where my i20 would start the abs just like that.

According to my experience the i20 has a very sensitive abs system which kicks in to action at very precise situations. Kudos to the unit. It saved me many times during hard braking scenarios on the highway.

And yes, only the driver can feel it, because the vibs reach you through your legs which is in contact with the brake pedal. No one else will hear it. If they hear it, you have a faulty abs system
vishnurajanme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 10:29   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Lol, you are worrying too much. It is nothing but the abs kicking in. What the abs does is, it push your brake pedal back and forth so that you just need to press the pedal and avoid the necessity of pumping it. Actually i have a jazz too, but in the jazz, abs kicks in in much worse scenarios. Like extremely hard braking on gravelly surfaces. I had actually managed to lock/skid the jazz wheels in some surfaces where my i20 would start the abs just like that.
Yup. that's the ABS kicking in. I got it checked at service center.
Turns out that the ABS in elite i20 is a lot more sensitive then Jazz or Swift etc.
So every once in a while you might feel the brake pedal going back and forth while ABS is on. Also you might hear a spring type noise. All this is ABS.
So no need to worry

Last edited by ampere : 11th December 2015 at 11:05. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 12th December 2015, 13:34   #1286

Hi guys. This a very informative thread for prospective buyers.

Here is my issue related to the local dealership.

I have realized that the local dealership here in Varanasi do not have a petrol test vehicle. This is because I have test driven 3 petrols - xcent, i20 and i20 from another dealership. Every time the vehicle that was brought was not marked demo car or test car or anything of that sort.

Also, while i was praising the TD of i20, the driver got so ecstatic that he told me that it was a brand new car and they had removed the odo wire for giving me a TD. The speedometer was also not working. The sales guy from other showroom blatantly told me that the car he bought was the same car he would sell me and that the brought car was already booked for delivery but he can sell that car to me as this car was booked to be delivered on a later date. He said, he would arrange another car for the other buyer. The paint and the plastic C pillar of that car looked old or "used", if u will !!

My problem is - I am going to buy a petrol car. Now, is there anyway to figure out that my vehicle was not used as a test vehicle.

Should i abstain from taking a car that is already in stock and book one in the next batch that would arrive at the end of this month?
Old 12th December 2015, 15:48   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootokill View Post
Should i abstain from taking a car that is already in stock and book one in the next batch that would arrive at the end of this month?

Tell them what you want clearly. Tough I advice you to change the dealer. Buy from some other city if you have to. Other Bhpians can shed light on Good Hyundai dealers in U.P.

Stay away from shady dealers.

If everything else fails talk to Hyundai.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 09:15   #1288

Hi Folks,
Anyone saw the new colors (Midas Gold and the other blue) in person? What's your thoughts on them? Does the gold one look so flashy?
Went to the dealer to take a look but in vain. Post pics if you can. Tx
Old 13th December 2015, 09:54   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltsr View Post
Hi Folks,
Anyone saw the new colors (Midas Gold and the other blue) in person? What's your thoughts on them? Does the gold one look so flashy?
Went to the dealer to take a look but in vain. Post pics if you can. Tx
Midas Gold has been discontinued due to low demand but, you should know one thing.. That gold shade looks darn fantastic on the i20. Ive never been a fan of the golden/ beige but, this beautiful i20 surely changed that.

There have been exactly 4instance when i spotted an i20 in this shade and boy, it was difficult to look away from her.

P.S. Best served with a garnishing of those delicious 16" alloys

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 20:00   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Tell them what you want clearly. Tough I advice you to change the dealer. Buy from some other city if you have to. Other Bhpians can shed light on Good Hyundai dealers in U.P.

Stay away from shady dealers.

If everything else fails talk to Hyundai.
Well, I am going to book the car tomorrow. I dont think changing the dealership will help because both the dealers in this city are doing the same thing. It seems more like a norm than an exception.

I ll talk to the manager though and let him know that i am aware of what they are doing and would like them to keep my car safe and new.

By the way, as regard to the ECM, the Asta (O) that i tried didnt even have the manual dimming feature. That was a real surprise. Dont know whats going on here. If anyone has any clue, please enlighten.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks