Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 13:37   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Found some interesting info from my tablet running torque pro connected to the OBD via ELM327 bluetooth interface.
Thanks much for this information. Was looking for something like this.

Will this work, found on eBay, and is it compatible for the Elite?

It's a supermini ELM327 from Modaxeindia

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...971313&alt=web
Old 19th August 2015, 13:45   #977
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

While searching for information on the new Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (O) variant with the new AVN system, I came across this blog by author keralaclick where they have posted photographs of the dashboard of the new variant with the navigation system. The author had taken the photographs at a dealership in Palakkad. The layout looks very similar to the international spec navigation system.

Link to author keralaclick's blog: http://keralaclick.com/blog/2015/08/...a-and-on-sale/
spsam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 13:52   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Thanks much for this information. Was looking for something like this.

Will this work, found on eBay, and is it compatible for the Elite?

It's a supermini ELM327 from Modaxeindia

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...971313&alt=web

Ya. This must work. our car is OBD II compliant. So as this one supports OBD II, this have to work
Old 19th August 2015, 14:33   #979
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
I came across this blog by author keralaclick where they have posted photographs of the dashboard of the new variant with the navigation system. The author had taken the photographs at a dealership in Palakkad. The layout looks very similar to the international spec navigation system.
Thank you for posting this!

I think those images posted by keralaclick are the very first pictures of the Indian market i20's touchscreen navigation system. Even the website and e-brochure don't have the new system's picture (yet). And yes, it looks exactly the same as the unit that's found on international versions (at least in terms of appearance, the map service may be different).

The Asta with the optional touchscreen navigation unit is priced ~ 19k rupees more than the regular Asta variant:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-image.jpg

The good thing about this system is that it has a touchscreen as well as buttons & knobs. The tactile feel that one gets when using knobs & buttons is a very good thing to have on a car's system.

I'm glad the regular Asta variant stays as it is. So those who want a touchscreen, voice-guided navigation and other features can pay extra and go for the Asta(O) variant. Those who're perfectly happy with the Asta's music system don't have to spend extra money for the other features the Asta offers over the Sportz(O). Good move!

This is exactly how it was with the (pre-facelift) previous generation i20. At that time, the optional AVN unit had very few takers. Since navigations systems are much more common now, this system may be prove to be far more popular than the previous gen. i20's AVN unit.

Now Hyundai, can we also have another variant called Asta(S) with half-a-dozen airbags (plus ESP, VSM & HAC instead of the sunroof) as with the previous gen. i20?

Last edited by RSR : 19th August 2015 at 15:02.
Old 19th August 2015, 16:15   #980
BHPian

I had a doubt regarding the mud Flaps and Mats, the dealer told me that Hyundai provides Mud Flaps and mats only if one opts for the Extended Warranty costing Rs.6000/- otherwise we have to buy them separately.

Also, the SA told me that Hyundai no longer provides Extra Bulbs with car, they only provide the First Aid Kit and nothing else. I was under the impression that all manufacturers provide the above with the car.

Can someone who has recently bought the car throw some light on this?.
Old 19th August 2015, 18:20   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
I had a doubt regarding the mud Flaps and Mats, the dealer told me that Hyundai provides Mud Flaps and mats only if one opts for the Extended Warranty..

Also, the SA told me that Hyundai no longer provides Extra Bulbs with car, they only provide the First Aid Kit and nothing else...
Hey there!

We bought an i20 less than 2 months ago, and we did get mud flaps & mats with the car, without taking extended warranty.

I guess it's just a scammy dealer practice to get potential customers to buy the extended warranty by giving stupid reasons

Hyundai is quickly becoming that manufacturer that folks once liked but now hate with a vengeance!

Unreasonably exorbitant pricing, frequent price hikes across the range, dealer malpractices, you name it!

Regarding extra bulbs, we didn't get a spare set. All we got was the first aid kit and that's it.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 20:09   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post

Hyundai is quickly becoming that manufacturer that folks once liked but now hate with a vengeance!

Unreasonably exorbitant pricing, frequent price hikes across the range, dealer malpractices, you name it!.
I agree, earlier the dealer tried to tell me that insurance has to be bought from them because Hyundai has come up with an insurance portal and they only allow buying from them, only when I told them to give it to me in writing( thanks to team bhp) did they agree to match my quote.

Buying a car is usually a special occasion but these dealers are turning it into an exercise on how to avoid getting scammed and with the company turning a blind eye to these practices , the dealers are only becoming bolder.
Old 20th August 2015, 09:21   #983
BHPian

Quote:
I had a doubt regarding the mud Flaps and Mats, the dealer told me that Hyundai provides Mud Flaps and mats only if one opts for the Extended Warranty costing Rs.6000/- otherwise we have to buy them separately.

Also, the SA told me that Hyundai no longer provides Extra Bulbs with car, they only provide the First Aid Kit and nothing else. I was under the impression that all manufacturers provide the above with the car.

Dude, my seller told me the same when I bought my i20 6 months back. I just threatened him, another seller is giving mudflaps, mats etc for free. So I am taking the car from them, and I hung up the call. After an hour or so he called me creepily informing me he will provide all these things for free and an extra Teflon coating too

We are Indians. Learn to bargain!!!
vishnurajanme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:36   #984
RSR
Senior - BHPian

One picture (courtesy - keralaclick) of the touchscreen audio-visual navigation system found on the Asta(O) variant of i20, as well as the SX-AVN variants of the i20 Active. It looks very well integrated:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-image.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 20th August 2015 at 09:42. Reason: Added mention of the source
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 09:40   #985
BHPian

can i get this HU from any of the dealers ? as the price different between Asta and Asta (O) is just 17k i dont think they would charge more than 20k.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:20   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Dude, my seller told me the same when I bought my i20 6 months back. I just threatened him, another seller is giving mudflaps, mats etc for free. So I am taking the car from them, and I hung up the call. After an hour or so he called me creepily informing me he will provide all these things for free and an extra Teflon coating too

We are Indians. Learn to bargain!!!
I have already done that, but the thing I was wondering about was whether the dealers really stoop to such levels and take out the mats and mud flaps from the car if one doesn't agree to pay up or the manufacturer really doesn't provide them with the car. Either way it is ridiculous and after paying so much one doesn't expect such nonsense.

It is ironical that in India the two most expensive things a person can buy i.e property and automobiles, the customers are taken for a royal ride and there is next to zero protection for the customer against cheating by the respective manufacturers/dealers.
Old 20th August 2015, 13:41   #987
BHPian

Quote:
I have already done that, but the thing I was wondering about was whether the dealers really stoop to such levels and take out the mats and mud flaps from the car if one doesn't agree to pay up or the manufacturer really doesn't provide them with the car. Either way it is ridiculous and after paying so much one doesn't expect such nonsense.

It is ironical that in India the two most expensive things a person can buy i.e property and automobiles, the customers are taken for a royal ride and there is next to zero protection for the customer against cheating by the respective manufacturers/dealers.

Hi, now all these items are optional accessories for all the cars. (Mostly lower ends)

I had booked an amaze earlier, and I was told that I need to remit nearly 4k for the mudflaps and mats. It is a common practice these days. Sellers get a huge margin from the sale of a car and they do give some amount of their margin as mud flaps and mats to the customer. If they get 30k for the sale of a car, it will be better if they give 5k out of this to the customer & get 25k rather than losing the customer and losing the entire premium. I think the point is clear now
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:32   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
One picture (courtesy - keralaclick) of the touchscreen audio-visual navigation system found on the Asta(O) variant of i20, as well as the SX-AVN variants of the i20 Active. It looks very well integrated:

Attachment 1405400
The HU looks neat, I hope the dimensions are same as old one so that it can be fitted to the older Elite i20s like mine. Any idea on the price of this HU?
Old 21st August 2015, 11:35   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
The HU looks neat, I hope the dimensions are same as old one so that it can be fitted to the older Elite i20s like mine. Any idea on the price of this HU?
The HU looks good, but it seems to miss out on a CD Player(atleast I can't see any), not that it matters a lot .

I think I heard my dealer mentioned that it can be fitted on the other variants I did not confirm whether he was talking about the this HU or some other aftermarket one.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:49   #990

Hello T-BHPians!

Prospective Elite i20 petrol buyer here who has been sitting on the fence between the Elite i20 Asta and the Jazz VX for quite sometime. Got a chance today at my nearest dealer to check out the new touchscreen AVN. They had two units - an Elite and an Active. The Elite i20 was gearing up for delivery so I couldn't play around with it.

Took few pics of the AVN touchscreen system of the i20 Active:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150821_124435.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150821_124651.jpg

My main mission was to see if there was a difference in the audio playback, video quality on the screen, supported formats and maps. The map's SD card was removed by the dealer in both the cars for reasons unknown, so I couldn't test it. I had loaded my HP 32GB x705w USB 3.0 pendrive with a variety of songs, videos of different formats. Unfortunately, it was a vain attempt. The HU did not recognize my USB 3.0 stick. It accepted a pretty old USB 2.0 drive which I had but I didn't have any media on it to test. Both these devices were NTFS formatted.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but does these HU's don't recognize USB 3.0 devices or is it something to do with the file-system format? What about the non-touchscreen audio system in the Elite i20?

First impressions:

The Good:
1. HU is neatly integrated and functions are easy to operate.
2. Visibility under the sun is pretty good.
3. Touchscreen is responsive, no complaints here.
4. Bluetooth pairing was easy.
5. Audio was as good as in the default audio system of Elite i20 (had to stream over bluetooth though due to the USB fiasco).
6. Reverse camera display was OK in the big screen with adaptive guidelines as usual.

The Bad:
1. No USB 3.0? Should I go back to old days and find a slower USB 2.0 just for the car?
2. You don't get the ECM in the Asta(O)! The ECM is replaced by a normal day night IRVM.
3. No, you don't have CD playback.
4. The on-road price (including the optional addons like B2B, extended warranty etc) for petrol Asta is 8.60L and 8.88L for Asta (O) in Bangalore. Though I couldn't test few features of the ICE today, I am somehow not able to convince myself whether the AVN upgrade is worth 28k.
Carol is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed